From Detective Conan Wiki
|The world's greatest ruby. It's also called "The Demon Stone".
Manga to Anime Changes
- In the manga, the pickpocket who bumps into Aoko is walking in the opposite direction to her and Kaito. In the anime, he is walking in the same direction (albeit at a faster pace).
- In the manga, Snake and his subordinates continue to spy on Jody Hopper even after Kaito has noticed them. In the anime, they notice Kaito's glance and immediately leave.
- In the manga, Kaito (in disguise as Paul) performs bird-related magic tricks at Jody's final show. In the anime, he performs a series of wine-related tricks (such as making wine appear in an empty glass).
- In the manga, Robert's flashback to Mr. and Mrs. Hopper's deaths shows their arms to be heavily burned. The anime removes the burn injuries, showing their arms completely smooth and clear.
- The anime also adds a brief scene of a young Jody attending her parents' funeral, and picking up the Red Tear with an expression of disgust.
- In the manga, the impostor Kaitou Kid sets his smoke bomb upright on the floor. In the anime, he rolls it across the restaurant.
- In the manga, Snake and his men inflict serious injuries on Jody's troupe, with most of the troupe members visibly bleeding when Jody finds them. The anime tones down most of these injuries, possibly due to broadcasting standards or budgetary reasons (or both).
- The manga contains a brief scene of the restaurant's other patrons and staff evacuating (due to the smoke bomb, the gunshots, or both). The anime omits this.