Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Shiho Miyano & Saguru Hakuba

That's an interesting point of view, Kazu. But at the same time I think it's saddening... Let me reply in order.

When I read the manga I'm thinking of the point of view of the character and it seems that Heiji is in love with Kazuha. I wrote a big reflexion about this point on my web site.

I will be checking this in your site after I finish with this ^_^;;

But I'm fan for 10 years. And I don't think about DC only from the point of view of a fan. I also have acquaintances who are working in animation studio in France and in Japan or who are comics drawers, and I know the world of mangaka and the world of the animation studio is not so fantastic as people (especially manga fans) imagine it.

Wow, that's pretty cool (to have a member that's connected to our Gosho :D). But I don't really imagine it fantastic... I have read quite a lot about it in many websites. :-|

I translated in french some interview of Gosho's working life (one part is in the Conan Drill) and I realized how hard is his job.

Wow, so did you translate those officially or... for your website? I guess it is really hard... but...

I also know Gosho doesn't decide everything by himself. The DC publisher decide a lot of points in DC universe. Did you know for example that Heiji's appearance in volume 10 was not the original idea of Gosho? He originaly planed to draw the first appearance of Haibara. The publisher decided that he should create a new character (a friend rival) in this volume and Heiji was created.

Well, it's true what you just said, and I've heard of most mangaka having some general plots, or some of the main characters... <- is not the mangaka' original idea. Mostly from the editors and the publishers. For instance the series Naruto. If I recall correctly, Sasuke Uchiha... he has become one of the main character as well as one of mos popular characters in the series.

I got this from Naruto Wiki:

sasuke%2Buchiha-orochimaru%2B4.png

When developing the original Naruto manga, Masashi Kishimoto (the mangaka) had not initially intended to create Sasuke. After speaking with his editor about the future of the series, he was advised to create a rival character for the series' protagonist, Naruto Uzumaki, which resulted in Sasuke's creation.

See? Even though he wasn't exactly the original idea of the author, he became one of the main thing in the Naruto plot.

So knowing all this informations, my point of view is a bit different from an usual fan. That doesn't mean I'm true or something. But just I don't think about DC in the same way as you may do it.

Well, I would rather not give it much thought about it and I will just continue enjoy watching/reading.

So now that's true, I'm thinking about the Boys Love point of view. I'm sure the publisher doesn't plan to make it official or something but they consider the popularity of the BL for the readers. And they give them some fan service scenes. Doing that, the fans who love canons are happy because BL or CoxAi or what you want will never be official, and the fans of non-canon are happy because there are still fan service scenes for all of them.

Hee~~ You sure know a lot, Kazu. That's very interesting.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Gosho accepted to draw Kid in DC was for the fan service (and because the editor asked for it). Kid doesn't have any other role than the rival and without girlfriend (in DC), he is the perfect candidate to be the BL lovers of Shinichi. In Japan, in the FANS WORLD (that's not true for normal readers) the most popular couple is ShinichixKaito. ShinxRan is the third couple, just next to HeijixShinichi. (I made an analysis in my website. I don't think you need to speak french to understand the graphics results. If you are interested, you can ask me)

Wow, really? I am really interested in learning this facts... so mind you telling me?

Sorry, this answer is a bit off topic. But that explains why I consider the interest of the publisher when I think about the possibility of the developpement of the main plot or the romance plot.

It's OK, I got to know so many exciting and interesting new facts. But I am pretty sure Kazuha and Heiji will be reunited. Although that they don't receive that much time in the series... I doubt that Gosho, the editor, or the publisher will toss them in the end just like that -_-.

Thanks for your answer Kaoko.

That's an interesting point of view, Kazu. But at the same time I think it's saddening...

Well it depends on the point of view. I don't think it so saddening... I'm still happy to read DC for what it is. And appreciate it like that. I still believe in it a little. I mean, my favourite coupling reunited. But I won't have bad surprise if that doesn't happen. And it's the same about the plot with the MIB. Do you understand?

Wow, really? I am really interested in learning this facts... so mind you telling me?

Of course. I did all these stuff and analysis for myself and my website. Nothing official but I tried to do it with some references.

My article is in french: http://naniwa.e-monsite.com/rubrique,les-couples-fandom-japonais,755658.html

As I said in this article, there is no official survey about "the most favorite couple in DC" in Japan. So, I did 2 differents analysis of the japanese fandom.

The first part is about the doujinshi production. I visited 6 different shops in Osaka and explained what a DC doujinshis' departement looks like. To explain it quickly, you can have one hundred or more BL doujinshis in a shop for only 8 or 10 doujinshis of BoysxGirl couplings. They mostly are about ShinxRan and I merely saw some CoxAi doujinshis.

The second part is about the number of internet websites made by fans.

I don't have time to translate it but I think you can understand the result of the tables (second analysis).

I visited 4 Web search engine about DC and I compared the number of websites in each search engine. Of course, I separated the websites by couplings. The result is very interesting and not so different from the first analysis result.

Well, I hope you understood it. Tell me if there is something you don't understand.

And that's all for today because I'm really tired tonight. See you!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your answer Kaoko.

Well it depends on the point of view. I don't think it so saddening... I'm still happy to read DC for what it is. And appreciate it like that. I still believe in it a little. I mean, my favourite coupling reunited. But I won't have bad surprise if that doesn't happen. And it's the same about the plot with the MIB. Do you understand?

Of course. I did all these stuff and analysis for myself and my website. Nothing official but I tried to do it with some references.

I am glad you think of it that way ^_^;.

Ummm... what's MIB by the way? :o

My article is in french: http://naniwa.e-monsite.com/rubrique,les-couples-fandom-japonais,755658.html

As I said in this article, there is no official survey about "the most favorite couple in DC" in Japan. So, I did 2 differents analysis of the japanese fandom.

The first part is about the doujinshi production. I visited 6 different shops in Osaka and explained what a DC doujinshis' departement looks like. To explain it quickly, you can have one hundred or more BL doujinshis in a shop for only 8 or 10 doujinshis of BoysxGirl couplings. They mostly are about ShinxRan and I merely saw some CoxAi doujinshis.

The second part is about the number of internet websites made by fans.

I don't have time to translate it but I think you can understand the result of the tables (second analysis).

I visited 4 Web search engine about DC and I compared the number of websites in each search engine. Of course, I separated the websites by couplings. The result is very interesting and not so different from the first analysis result.

Well, I hope you understood it. Tell me if there is something you don't understand.

And that's all for today because I'm really tired tonight. See you!

Sorry for the late reply, Kazu! I thought I would reply after I'd finish reading the article (I hadn't the chance to read it just awhile ago)...

Boy, it was really INTERESTING! The site was so neat and in order... even... I mean it was really organized ^_^;.

I enjoyed reading the analysis. It was really cool~ <3

In the net, I only see little of doujinshi. Do they really sell it in... stores in Japan? I mean... do they allow it?

And I suggest you should also put up Shiho x Hakuba in your site, Kazu... that would be really awesome :lol:!

PS. I love your site. I would check into it more now! Thanks a lot by the way!

And see you around soon!

MIB = Men in Black... so the Black Organisation. Don't you say MIB in english? Sorry if I used a strange name.

Sorry for the late reply, Kazu! I thought I would reply after I'd finish reading the article (I hadn't the chance to read it just awhile ago)...

Boy, it was really INTERESTING! The site was so neat and in order... even... I mean it was really organized ^_^;.

I enjoyed reading the analysis. It was really cool~ <3

Thank you very much. I don't think my analysis is perfect but I tried to put everyone.

In the net, I only see little of doujinshi. Do they really sell it in... stores in Japan? I mean... do they allow it?

You have doujinshis stores in Japan like K-Book. And in some stores like Animate (manga and anime goods shops) or Mandarake (second hand manga stores) you also have doujinshis. But you can't find them in an usual bookshop. A lot of doujinshi are also sold in manga/anime festival/events like KOMIKET.

And I suggest you should also put up Shiho x Hakuba in your site, Kazu... that would be really awesome :lol:!

I would be glad to... but it seems japanese people don't consider this coupling. I have never seen any doujinshi about them and you should have less internet sites about them than Sonoko x Makoto. It's really an unusual coupling. That's why I'm so surprised it's so popular in western countries. o_O

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the late reply. I had forgotten! I just noticed that you were the last one to reply Dx

MIB = Men in Black... so the Black Organisation. Don't you say MIB in english? Sorry if I used a strange name.

Most of us here referred it as 'BO' for 'Black Organization'. But your way is cooler, lol! :-D

Thank you very much. I don't think my analysis is perfect but I tried to put everyone.

It's nice and steady. Nice job! :D

You have doujinshis stores in Japan like K-Book. And in some stores like Animate (manga and anime goods shops) or Mandarake (second hand manga stores) you also have doujinshis. But you can't find them in an usual bookshop. A lot of doujinshi are also sold in manga/anime festival/events like KOMIKET.

Wow, that's new. I see some when I browse the internet for it... but most of them are not that good. xD

I would be glad to... but it seems japanese people don't consider this coupling. I have never seen any doujinshi about them and you should have less internet sites about them than Sonoko x Makoto. It's really an unusual coupling. That's why I'm so surprised it's so popular in western countries. o_O

Western country? Saguru and Shiho coupling? Really? It has only been brought recently... it was not really long since I thought of it. But yeah! You should. And Kazu, try this poll website: http://www.misterpoll.com/

It is very good way to make polls. :-D

little problem

Shiho is in the Detective Conan Series

Saguru is in the Magic Kaito Series

They will not meet unless if it's a special or some kind

(btw that is my opinion)

little problem

Shiho is in the Detective Conan Series

Saguru is in the Magic Kaito Series

They will not meet unless if it's a special or some kind

(btw that is my opinion)

Saguru has appeared in Detective Conan more than twice. :)

I personally doubt ShiSagu will work out either, but it's fun to discuss.

There's always a possibility ;-) ->

twice is still a bit

Even though. There is a female character who just got introduced in the series and is already paired up with one of the minor character (Chiba). For Saguru having short amount of screen time doesn't mean the impossibility for this pairing. Nothing is impossible.

Even though. There is a female character who just got introduced in the series and is already paired up with one of the minor character (Chiba). For Saguru having short amount of screen time doesn't mean the impossibility for this pairing. Nothing is impossible.

Also, Dr. Agasa's love interest was not mentioned in the series before that specific plot line.

Hmm.. I thought on the pairing randomly and if they were to meet each other, I think it'd be a cute fit. After all, they both kind of take the unrequited love position and almost are opposite gender counterparts of each other. Although Hakuba has a few more odd little quirks that Haibara doesn't..

And I'm horrible for doing this, but I'm in the process of writing a fanfic with these two paired its on fanfiction.net if anyone is bored enough to go read it :3 (please don't kill me >3>)

I am a fan of this pairing ^.^

I have a crazy thought: could they actually be twins?? See both their mothers are British and they look really alike.

See in this pic their expressions are so similar.

p.s. I took their pics from a poster and photoshoped it

post-9178-0-97485600-1325488303_thumb.jp

I think it'd be nice but ShihoxShinichi! though ShihoxHakuba is fine if Gosho mistakenly goes along with ShinichixRan

It's a crack pairing...

Though nevermind I suppose both are... :grin:

(JK! JK! XD)

Puh-leeze! I bet people will vote for ShinKaz *cough*me+aico*cough* than for those two -__-

And?

In case you haven't noticed, the majority aren't always right. :)

Gosho could decide to be a troll at the last moment and make this couple happen. *Shrugs* Even if it is unlikely, it's a possibility.

-.-.....i'm a shipper of Saguru/Akako since they REALLY get along well and he tends to blush whenever she's around. also a shipper of mitsuhiko/ai. because seriously co/ai makes no sense whatsoever but no offense we all have our favorites