Stuff about Okiya  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Okiya?

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • A new character (FBI)
    • A new character (CIA)
    • A new character (Black Org.)
    • A new character (other law enforcement agency like MI6 or interpol)
    • A new character (rival organization)
    • A new character (just a grad student)
    • A new character (freelance assassin)
    • A new character (other)
    • Both Akai and Bourbon who is reinfiltrating the Org
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Kaito Kid
    • A different known character in disguise
    • Someone else (good guy)
    • Someone else (bad guy)
    • Someone else (neutral guy)
    • I'm not sure
  2. 2. What are Okiya's primary goals? (multiple vote)

• Investigate Sherry
    • Protect Haibara/Sherry
    • Investigate and kill Sherry
    • Investigate Conan (true identity included)
    • Help and protect Conan
    • Investigate and kill Conan/Shinichi
    • Investigate / find Akai
    • Kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI
    • Protect the FBI
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy the FBI
    • Investigate the Org
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy the Org
    • Investigate something/someone else
    • Find something/someone else
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy something else
    • Kill someone else
    • Something not listed
    • I don't know

I've just thought of something, which would make Subaru Okiya even more suspicious.

One of the few remaining minor mysteries of the series is what Kaito meant when he wrote "I have to talk about this with Kuroshi when I get up tomorrow."

We are led to assume that he was talking about Conan, whom he calls Kuroshiro. Like said at the end of the chapters, Kaito certainly compared Conan to a police car (important element: Conan didn't say anything, he let them think that).

But it is left ambiguous because the characters weren't easy to read, and it could have meant Kurayoshi (one character would have been erased and replaced with Edogawa. And maybe not erased by Kaito), the city which Conan and Haibara suppose to be linked to the boss of the organization.

Kaito's father might be linked to the organization and what Kaito would have wrote would be what his father said during the conversation: "I have to talk with Kuroyashi (meaning the boss) when I get up tomorrow."

I don't think Subaru Okiya is the boss (far too young and his actions would be too dangerous for someone so careful), but the strange thing is that he was definitely on the scene and that he is definitely linked in some way to the Black Organization.

Another important element: Conan is remembered of something when he heard Subaru's address. It didn't seem so unknown to him. He could have learned something about it during his investigations on the boss, even if he can't point out exactly to what it refers.

Subaru even confesses himself that he tries to hide his connections with the Black Organization (with the "I like black because it hides things inside me that I don't want known, but I also hate it for the same reason"). And the "New Neighboor" chapter's cover implies he has some kind of dual identity (I don't say schizophrenic, just a dual identity), with the mask half-white half-black.

This dual identity could explain the whole "evanescent black aura" Haibara feels at time.

One of the few remaining minor mysteries of the series is what Kaito meant when he wrote "I have to talk about this with Kuroshi when I get up tomorrow."

That really was wrapped up. "Kuroshiro" means "black white", referring to the colors of a police car, referring to Conan per the car code the kid uses. Also, in the diary, the child scratched out "kuroshiro" (you can see all four katakana although Mitsuhiko only says the first three) and wrote Edogawa over top, so it is obvious "kuroshiro" meant Conan. It definitely couldn't have said "Kurayoshi", the erased kana didn't match.

I'll be posting some ideas to support my claim that Okiya Subaru is really Akai. Some of these may have been mentioned already, but to express my claim better, I will post it anyways.

1. The idea about "fingerprint" plot that may have been created by Akai, Conan, and possibly even, Kir to prove that Akai is supposed to be dead has been exposed. It is possible that Rikumichi's fingerprints were the ones that were seen in the cellphone as the police verified it. Meaning, the burnt body that was retrieved from the car could have been Rikumichi's. Akai brought Rikumichi's body in that meeting at Raiha Pass. And before the car exploded, he managed to leave the scene and exchange it with Rikumichi's.

2. "Smiling" Okiya isn't a strong evidence that Okiya is not Akai. For the record, we haven't seen Akai mingling with other people aside from the FBI. And now that he's Okiya Subaru, he needs to be acting more like an ordinary citizen, than acting as an FBI agent. So, that could well explain why Okiya is always smiling (he kinda overkilled it. :grin: ).

3. He knew that Bourbon is Scar Akai. In that mall bombing incident, he saw Scar Akai within the vicinity. And from that alone, he assumed that Bourbon was trying to see FBI's moves if ever they see Akai alive. This could well explain why Conan was shocked hearing an Akai-look-a-like with a burnt face. Probably, he thought that a BO member is trying to mess up the situation. He knew from the start that Scar Akai isn't the real Akai, as they've planned already that Akai will be disguising as Okiya.

4. And lastly, in EP 581, it started with Okiya looking outside. He saw Gin's car and Chianti awaiting for the victim with her sniper. Then as he was about to leave the room, he said, "However... For those holding their breath, waiting impatiently for their prey in this heat, I'd like to treat them to some hot, bitter coffee. Strong words from AKAI SHUUICHI ;-)

P.S. I assume that Kir is still puzzled on the real identity of Scar Akai.

More justification about number 2. Most of the time, he's been dealing with the Detective Boys. So, it is just ordinary for him to act like a normal citizen. It would be suspicious if he acts like an FBI agent in front of them.

She may have overheard Vermouth's conversation with Gin since they were right next to each other.

Oh yeah. I think so too. Plus, Gin already hinted about him being Bourbon as they halted the assasination.

More justification about number 2. Most of the time, he's been dealing with the Detective Boys. So, it is just ordinary for him to act like a normal citizen. It would be suspicious if he acts like an FBI agent in front of them.

Oh yeah. I think so too. Plus, Gin already hinted about him being Bourbon as they halted the assasination.

So my Improbable Deduction has the possibility to be true

A question for chekhov

How does okiya ( as akai ) change his voice

Is it a device conan gave him, like his bow tie, or is he talented like KID and Vermouth to be able to change his voice

My guess is he simply worked to sound different through hard practice like a voice actor would. They practice speaking at a higher or lower pitch, articulating differently, etc, in order to make a "new voice". It is not like he has to copy someone, it's easier just to make a new voice up and doesn't require much talent at all. He has also been chasing Vermouth for a while now; I would imagine Akai wondered at one point how she manages to change her voice. He might have also had to learn how to modify his voice as part of a disguise while he was in the BO, since the BO likes disguises.

It's also possible the reason he wears really high collars is that he has something concealed on his neck related to voice changing, but that most likely would be a device of Agasa and I don't know if Agasa knows about Okiya.

OK, THX

But the last one, it seems that he has nothing on his neck ( in 510-511, when he takes of his scarf there is nothing on it, unlles if it was under the shirt which would be seen)

So these other theory's of yours are most likely it

If ai can sens BO members ( even from some distance ), how come in ep 564 when scar akai ( if he is at least a BO member) left the bank in the end, and ai with the professor were at the doors she did not had a bad feeling like she always has when they are around, even in public with a lot of people

If ai can sens BO members ( even from some distance ), how come in ep 564 when scar akai ( if he is at least a BO member) left the bank in the end, and ai with the professor were at the doors she did not had a bad feeling like she always has when they are around, even in public with a lot of people

Not close enough and scar Akai wasn't in a particularly malicious mood? Haibara and the Prof were not on camera, so they weren't too close. Someone did start a scar Akai thread btw, but I suppose the Bourbon thread works as well. ;)

Subaru Okiya might be a journalist of investigation. He is able to deduce things about a person from little elements thanks to his sharp observation and his deductive skills (his attitude is that of someone who spies on Conan and friends and who tries to approach them to learn more and collect informations), he has some strange statistical knowledge (the 0,12% thing), and he does an investigation work (the Teito area).

He could be working to expose the Black Organization. "I was hoping to run into them."

He is also not necessarily a man of action (even if he does fight sometimes), he prefers to observe others act.

And the strange attitude of Conan: he looks like he wants to help him by letting him stay in his house, but he doesn't want him to learn about Shinichi Kudo. I think he feels that Subaru could be a potential ally, but that it's better for him if he doesn't know too much also.

Subaru Okiya might be a journalist of investigation. He is able to deduce things about a person from little elements thanks to his sharp observation and his deductive skills (his attitude is that of someone who spies on Conan and friends and who tries to approach them to learn more and collect informations), he has some strange statistical knowledge (the 0,12% thing), and he does an investigation work (the Teito area).

He could be working to expose the Black Organization. "I was hoping to run into them."

He is also not necessarily a man of action (even if he does fight sometimes), he prefers to observe others act.

And the strange attitude of Conan: he looks like he wants to help him by letting him stay in his house, but he doesn't want him to learn about Shinichi Kudo. I think he feels that Subaru could be a potential ally, but that it's better for him if he doesn't know too much also.

I dont think that, but if a news reporter was investigating the BO they would have found out in a blitz and killed him ( cause they have a lot of agents there )

I dont think that, but if a news reporter was investigating the BO they would have found out in a blitz and killed him ( cause they have a lot of agents there )

I agree. If the organization has kept the whole thing from the police, or even the higher person, I don't think a cmmon reporter/journalist will have a deep knowledge about them.

Unless, he has a history with the BO, or he has some connections inside.