Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

-The boss is somebody introduced to the series already. Although only mentioned, Haibara's parents were in fact 'introduced'.

To keep the rumor mill down, I want to point out that Gosho only specified the name of the boss appearing, not necessarily the actual boss himself. This is the interview

Edit: I put all the reasonably sourced interviews about the boss in the wiki page for Ano kata. Do note the disclaimer. The shocked Haibara one isn't there because no one has found a stable interview to translate and I want to avoid that level of hearsay in the wiki.

how about reika's dad

Lol if Belmot didn't refresh my memory with that wiki article I would've had no idea who that was. Anyways that seems like too random of a character to be the big boss :P

If you watch the 13th movie, you'll get an idea about "The Boss".

I just watched it a few days ago.

It's generally accepted among the fandom the movies are not canon. (We have a page for that now!) This is because some developments in the movies contradict, or logically lead to bizarre implications, or are wildly out of character compared to the main manga plotline. Because the movies are entirely unnecessary to understand the manga plot or may even distract from actual cases in the manga, they are rejected from the storyline by fans. In addition, due to the anime team's history of altering plots or overlooking important clues (nowhere near complete), the Conan animation is generally considered not as trustworthy.

The only accepted movie elements are those that jump back into the manga. Shiratori is one example, but even in his case, the part of his story from Movie 1 is not considered canon.

I don't know how will I react when the boss is finally uncovered. I mean, if he/she is a character that is one of the popular guesses, I'd have to be really shocked.

But, if he/she is somehow a character who was rarely mentioned in the manga, then I guess it would be an ordinary feeling for me, although I will still be elated how he became the boss.

Gosho Aoyama, you're really a genius. You're my idol! :)

It would be interesting for Kudo Yusaka to be the Boss but I think it's more likely for it to be some relative of Mouri Ran and Mouri Kogouro.

I think it could be either of Ai's parents more likely the mother as this would explain why Vermouth is so trusted they could be best friends.

I don't think it's Agasa because of Ai, if he was the boss he would either hand her over himself or get Vermouth to do it, why tell Conan. If he wanted to keep an eye on her I don't think he would have people searching for her when he could easily be killed if found since most members don't know his identity.

I'm less and less convinced that the boss is a major character. Thinking of it, it would be... too much if it was someone close to Conan and living near Beika. He's someone ruling a vast international criminal organization, he should have some high social status.

And I don't think it's Yusaku Kudo, though he might very well know more about it than he admits (leaving his son to solve the case on his own without intruding).

i like to think that the boss is going to be a total suprise even if we guessed who it will be still a suprise itself since conan is a mystrey manga All About the suprise part so i can say that the biss either Immortal like Vermouth he is over 50 and haven't age or he is a kid and took the drug that conan cr8 in an event we haven't no ><

But My High Guesses are Professor agasa since Goshu yama told that he will quit at the age of Prof agasa mb he is the boss and the manga will stop back then or And i would love to be that :D Takagi The Police guy or Togu Mori somone who is totaly stupid in the anime :D and sorry for my poor english :(

What about Inspector Misao Yamamura?

According to Chekhov MacGuffin's theory, the boss doesn't set off Ai's BO sense and is someone she wouldn't suspect. It was also mentioned the boss could be a policemen or schoolteacher or something else that wouldn't be that suspicious. I'm pretty sure he was introduced before Gosho stopped the deadline of introduction, and Yamamura is not usually cared about by most fans and the actual characters in the story. Also he has stated he is interested in police officers and detectives before. Along with this he is also stationed in Gunma which is somewhere near the where the boss is (I'm not exactly sure).

During his work time he pretends to be terrible, especially around Detective Mouri, whom I assume he had already heard about. However he is quite good at his deductions in truth. I'm pretty sure only solving two or three cases (they were Conan of course) doesn't automatically make you get promoted to Inspector.

There are a few things that might punch holes in this theory though, like not really noticing when he is used by Conan and in the Raven Chaser when he openly told Conan about the ringtone, but of course the movies are non-canon. Also it might be lack of evidence, but I don't have the necessities to go back and check everything. -_-

It's funny to think of Yamamura as Anokata!! And just to let you know, the place where the BO may have some connections is Tottori Prefecture. I don't know if Gunma is near Tottori, but if it is then you have got one part correct.

What about Inspector Misao Yamamura?

According to Chekhov MacGuffin's theory, the boss doesn't set off Ai's BO sense and is someone she wouldn't suspect. ]

Context:

2) The person wouldn’t fit Ai’s expectations

2.1) The person seems "useless" or of unsuitable personality to actually think of them as being a mastermind behind a large organization. Ai would have had to meet this person personally so that she could gauge their personality and subsequently write them off as unlikely to be anyone of consequence. This person would almost certainly not trigger Ai’s “black org sense.”

2.2)...

2.3) ....

This is only one possibility for who the boss might be out of several different possibilities, so the boss could have a BO scent. Also the interview about Haibara being shocked by the boss's identity which these possibilities are based on has not been independently confirmed, so everything is really tentative here.

Sorry, I don't want to sound more sure than I really am -- which is not confident at all.

As much as I love Professor Agasa to me this makes the most sense. Professor Agasa was the first one to find out that Shinichi had been shrunk and it would be the best possible outcome if Agasa turned out to be Anokata. Professor Agasa seems to be a lot smarter then he lets on and is able to give Conan very discrete information that a normal civilian shouldn't really have knowledge of. I think it would be quit a shocker if it turned out to be Agasa, the one person that Conan thought he could trust all along. It would also benefit Anokata to be so close to such an amazing detective so he can get inside information from the police and the FBI, not to mention all the other information he has been able to discover along the way.

As much as I love Professor Agasa to me this makes the most sense. Professor Agasa was the first one to find out that Shinichi had been shrunk and it would be the best possible outcome if Agasa turned out to be Anokata. Professor Agasa seems to be a lot smarter then he lets on and is able to give Conan very discrete information that a normal civilian shouldn't really have knowledge of. I think it would be quit a shocker if it turned out to be Agasa, the one person that Conan thought he could trust all along. It would also benefit Anokata to be so close to such an amazing detective so he can get inside information from the police and the FBI, not to mention all the other information he has been able to discover along the way.

"Anokata Agasa" was almost killed randomly in the Blue Castle Case mellow.gif

"Anokata Agasa" has allowed Haibara/Shiho, an escaped key scientist of the Black Organization, to live in his house for several months. He would've had her captured by now...

"Anokata Agasa" has allowed Haibara/Shiho, an escaped key scientist of the Black Organization, to live in his house for several months. He would've had her captured by now...

Makes sense so he can keep a close eye on them. If they get captured they will be killed, so maybe he has his own plan for them and doesn't want the rest of the BO to know. There is nothing that Agasa really has done to prove he isn't Anokata. I am just saying to me this theory would make the most sense and would make a great story ending.