Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

After some dumb talk at the library in which Em didn't really bother to remember, that perv left a handkerchief on the desk and left.

Oh look. 'Here's a handkerchief note which I left for you girl~ Please follow the instructions to come look for me' -kind of action.

Em sighed as everyone ignored his intentions...and his handkerchief of course. Poor mistaken guy... His presence is so weak he didn't even demand much attention even when he presented such 'huge' evidence. Everyone just continued with their own business.

Em picked up the handkerchief and flipped it to see what he has written. Out of sympathy.

Empty.

... My god. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but looks like he's really an idiot. Em thought. I would have put him in the list of 'to-be-murdered' if I could.

Nevertheless, she picked it up and left the library. She thought of where he would go. And her instincts tell her that whenever he finished a weird deduction, he'll try to irritate someone. The first time he used a cowbell, next he spies on our room. Cowbell...? Is there a cowshed here?

Em found herself at the cowshed without much searching. It was just outside the mansion. Em shrugged as she pushed open the door. There he is, laying on the hay.

He started talking. "I thought that you would come here. I think you would like to find Rose. She is at the in the attic.... DEAD! I found her at the night when I was on walk."

And after talking, he just went to sleep.

'Hey my murderer friend. I have a job for you. GET RID OF THIS GUY.' Em clenched her fists in irritation. She threw a piece of gum in her mouth to calm herself down. This guy seriously needs some mental help.

Someone is dead!? Hah! As if I'll believe. When everyone's asking for her, you continued with your worthless deduction. NOW you claim she's dead so casually. So that's what you mean by you don't like dead kids huh? You must prefer dead women. No wonder you're spying on our rooms... Em left his handkerchief on the ground and turned to leave.

But before she did, she turned to the guy and said. "Hey... You said you saw Ms Scarlet before the dinner eh?" she smirked. "...are you sure that's her?"

With that, she left the shed.

(so there is no Roses body KKLT! Just my joke. You may find her from there)

(And when you came here Ari!??)

Aleksander looked at Em. "She doesn't believe me"

Em was leaving him to sleep but suddenly Aleksander jumped up full of life.

" There is no body at the in the attic. I saw here at there at the night but she is not dead.

Aleksander looked focused to the door of the cowshed. Then he came right between Em and the door and whispered:

"Don't spoil my plan to got the murderer out of his chamber. He will feel himself free if you kill me. But he will kill again. I didn't kill anybody." Aleksander looked at Em and continued: "And you should know that this mansions furniture, all the bed and chairs are handmade by my great-grandfather. So I know very well how to hid spying detections to them. There is one in your room And in every room."

Aleksader Stopped his speech and went back to the haystack and started to sleep.

[[Character Profile:

Jamie is a 17 year old rough and tumble tomboy from London. Back home she ended up in a lot of fights with guys from her school and was expelled. Her parents sent her off to keep her out of trouble, and lo and behold, she ends up at the scene of a murder and a disappearance. She loves detective stories and so gets very into investigations. Despite her lack of enemies, she isn't a people person, and is especially awkward around other girls. She has no sense of direction, loves sweets and reading, and her specialty is wound analysis and cracking alibi tricks. She has short, red-brown hair and cold blue eyes, and usually wears a sleeveless plaid button-down, cargo pants, and a grey tie. She always wears a digital watch and a tiger's-eye pendant in the shape of a bullet.]]

Jamie sighed as she reached the door, pausing for a moment. The place was giving off a hell of a strange atmosphere... But there was no where else, and there was no way she'd find her way back by sundown. She stepped up to the large front door and grabbed the knocker, tapping it three times. Jamie then stood back, waiting for someone to answer, and looked around. There was a barn, and the mansion looked big enough for a small family of thirty... It was an odd combination, the house and the barn, and Jamie decided that if she stayed, she'd check it out. Again she used the knocker, hoping that someone was there and had heard.

(Sorry OTTDP >__< I don't really know how to incorporate your part in it, so I'm just gonna pretend I missed it.)

(@Akai Sera: A little weird for the entrance... You'll understand when you read my post... But for now~ Whateverrr~ XD)

------

Blah blah blah... Before Em left the Cowshed, she thought she heard something. Ah yes. There was this other guy who was in there wasn't it? He just said something... But who cares...

Em left the two guys together and left the place. First thing. She's gotta remove all the spying devices that the perv placed in their room. Normally, she would find a way to make him remove it... But doing so would make her feel even more sick than she already is and she has already accomplished her goal, so she's out of there. Anyway, removing spying devices is pretty easy, if one already knows about it existence, and does not have to hide the fact that they know.

Since they use wireless broadcasting transmissions, either way there's gotta be interference. Luckily for that, Em has a custom made cell-phone which supports a wide range of Radio Frequency bands. As such, her phone works practically everywhere with a signal, and it also allows her to build-in an extra function called RF detection since she already has the antenna in place. So it acts like RF pens, except that it is in the form of a cellphone.

As soon as she reached her room. She did an overall search of the room and found all of the bugs. She took the spying devices and hid them in other noisy areas in the mansion. Just for fun, she sneaked up to the cowshed and threw one device in.

She chuckled as she was thinking about how the guy will hear weird noises from all the devices. As she turned and prepared to head back into the mansion, she heard something coming from the gates.

She paused for a moment. The roads from outside the area had been sealed off due to snow. There should not be any one else besides them... Carefully, she edged closer to the gates.

The knocks came again. Em was sure it was from the gates. She peeped through the door cracks and saw that it was a girl.

Wha-what? Why? How??? Wanting to know the answers, Em opened the gates for the girl.

--------

:V

Jamie smiled as a girl opened the gates, sighing, "Thanks, mate. It was gettin' a bit colder than I'd hoped..." She scratched her neck, glancing at the ground. "But I think this is where I was headed when I got lost yesterday, so it's all good, yeah? Is this Miss Scarlet's house? I'm here for her birthday party." She held up a wrapped box with a red tag, the only thing she carried outside of her jacket's pockets. "Eh, sorry, forgot my manners." She held out a hand. "I'm Jamie."

[@Shin-chan: Woah, you're wearing a sleeveless top in the snow? o.O BTW are you Rose's role (meaning if Rose was a murderer then you're a murderer too)? If you are then I'm afraid your time here shall be short.]

The girl outside the gate looked pretty glad that she had helped her open the doors. Em looked at her suspiciously. What's she doing here?

"Thanks, mate. It was gettin' a bit colder than I'd hoped..." The girl started to speak. "But I think this is where I was headed when I got lost yesterday, so it's all good, yeah? Is this Miss Scarlet's house? I'm here for her birthday party." She held up a wrapped box with a red tag, the only thing she carried outside of her jacket's pockets. "Eh, sorry, forgot my manners." She held out a hand. "I'm Jamie."

"Ja-Jamie?" Em questioned. "Yo-you're here for the birthday party?" Em slowly held out her hand.

"Anyways...I-I'm Em. You know... J...K...L...M- Em." Em eyed her from head to toe.

"Nice to meet you." the girl smiled and took her hand.

"Jamie...?"

"Yea...?"

"Want a lollipop with caramel topping?"

----------------------

:V

(KKLT: Just treat me like a Doctor)

(Akai Sera: We're facing off uh?)

Ja-Jamie?"

"Yo-you're here for the birthday party?"

"Anyways...I-I'm Em. You know... J...K...L...M- Em."

"Nice to meet you."

"Jamie...?"

"Yea...?"

"Want a lollipop with caramel topping?"

Ari hears someone talking near the gate and he walks to it and suprised to see Em and a girl, Ari aiming his Inox sideways at the girl, "Hey? Who are you?! And where you can come to here in this cold blooded snow?"

Aleksander woke few hours later. He felt a bit cold but refresh. He went back to the house just to notice that there was new girl. He just said "Kuka hit*to sie oot ja kui sie tänne pääsit?". Others looked at him. Then he said "Sorry, Who are you and how did you get here?"

After shaking Em's hand, Jamie blinked, uncertain of which question to answer first. She turned to Ari and Aleksander, since theirs were similar. "Well, I was headed over here a while back, dunno what day, 'an this snowstorm comes out of nowhere, yeah?" She scratched her head sheepishly. "I dunno where I am, so I take shelter 'til the better of it's out 'an then go on my way... but then I kinda got lost. But Ms. Scarlet won't mind that I'm late, yeah? She'll be happy with the present, I'm hoping..." She smiled at Em, adding, "And I'd love a lollipop. There's nothin' for the brain like sweets, yeah?" With a glance at Ari's inox, she said, "Better take care of that, it's in nice condition, yeah?" She held a hand out to Aleksander. "The name's Jamie."

Aleksander went seriously. "It's nice to meet you." Aleksander showed chair to Jamie and said "You maybe should sit down before I tell something"

Jamie sat down and Aleksander started to speak "Ms Scarlet is.... she is dead. She died at the dinner few days ago."

Aleksander took chair to himself and sat down.

Jamie's expression fell, then she laughed a little. "This is some joke, right?" Her shoulders slumped as she protested. "She- she wouldn't just keel over in the middle of 'er soup. Ms. Scarlet is healthy an' well liked. This is a mistake, yeah?"

(OTTD: how do I continue from your post?) xD

-------------

After all the introductions, everyone seem to crowd around the new girl.

Em liked this girl. Perhaps it was because she was the first to shake her hand... But it was most probably because she shared the same interests and likes. She happily popped marshmallows into her mouth as she travelled back to her room.

--------

Marshmallows <33

Jamie nodded at Ari. "Nice to meet you, despite the circumstances..." She sighed and tossed the box she'd been carrying on the table. "I can't give her this anymore," she sighed, glaring at the wrapping paper sullenly. "Um, I can still stay here, yeah? 'Cause there really isn't much around 'ere that I can think of..." She tugged at her tie, still looking at the box. "Not even much here, anymore..."