Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

Would you be explaining what "silence", "investigate", "heal" and "lead" means? :V

There are people out there with those same actions, and should they want to explain those actions, they have the right to do so. They are (with the exception of Lead, in my opinion) pretty obvious with their name.

I will hint at Lead's function: leading, as in leading people. More like herding people.

I will say one thing about Silence's function: it has nothing to do with speech.

Note: I have been unable to PM Ren-kun, Heksu and Rosie. Please open up your private messaging capability and clear your inboxes. You will be kicked in 6 days if you do not do so, due to the importance of PMs in this round.

Done. Try again.

I have a question. Are we meant to ask who'll be your room mate in here, or in PM's? I really don't know who I should choose XD

Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure you choose someone from the list, PM them asking if they'd like to be your roommate, and then PM Moho together with your names. If you don't have a roommate by the end of the night phase (you have about two and a half days left), you'll probably end up getting one randomly (or whoever's left).

Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure you choose someone from the list, PM them asking if they'd like to be your roommate, and then PM Moho together with your names. If you don't have a roommate by the end of the night phase (you have about two and a half days left), you'll probably end up getting one randomly (or whoever's left).

I'm really nervous to ask someone... And I only know two people who are taking part in this RP XD I'll ask... ANd thanks, yeah.

Hmm. I guess you should be able to PM me.

And about that room mate thing. I think it's not about who you know, he can be like anyone even the culprit.

And those actions makes this like Mafia. Maybe not bad, maybe it is. Can't know yet

The role playing aspect of this round is simple: fill in what the 'game' does not. I would like to see more role playing in this thread.

I'm pretty sure you choose someone from the list, PM them asking if they'd like to be your roommate, and then PM Moho together with your names. If you don't have a roommate by the end of the night phase (you have about two and a half days left), you'll probably end up getting one randomly (or whoever's left).

^

With the exception of some, I probably already sent a conversation PM to you. Just use that to PM me with the name of your roommate. If they conflict, I will default to random. If one of them don't respond, I will default to the only PM I have.

Profile vvvv

Name: Misaki

Age/Nationality: 23, Japanese American

Appearance: 5'8, thin, short bobbed black hair, dark brown eyes

Description: mysterious, not very social, blunt, likes to work alone, smart, enjoys acting

Misaki, along with the other guests, was eating her dinner when it happened. A blackout had occurred, with everyone else but her worried about it (as she saw it, it was merely dining in the dark; nothing really meant being upset over) until the scream rang out. She kept eating, assuming it was only of the overreacting guests. It was only when the lights turned on did she know it was something far more sinister. From the ceiling hung the dead body of Ms. Scarlet, their host.

A few people screamed, Misaki stared at the body, shocked into silence. A few of the males went to lower the body, finding it cruel to leave her there. It was then did they discover the note, with "Happy Birthday" in a crimson color written on it. As a few people tried to run and get away, she approached the body, wanting to see it. She noted a few others doing the same. As she casually snapped pictures of the body using her phone, the first thing she noticed was that, hidden in her straw-colored hair, was dried blood. She must have been knocked out by having something hit her. Either that or the hanging was post-mortem.

As she continued to examine the body more, the same people who had tried to escape came back. Something must have prevented them from leaving. From all the snowing that was going on when we got here, it's likely that. Misaki ignored them, not really caring for any of them. From behind her, someone announced, "We must work together to find the murderer to poor Ms. Scarlet and give her justice!"

----

(Ta da :P)

Okay so it has started? It means we can start posting?

-------------

Simple profile. Vvv

Name: Amber. (Em)

Appearance: female. Thin. Asian. European born Chinese.

Personality: ... you'll find out eventually. :V

Height: 160.

Weight: 42kg

--------

It was a regular birthday celebration. Until everything went haywire with the death of their host, ms. Scarlet.

Em didn't really wanted to go to the party as she didnt really like crowds. She is more willing to spend her night time at home reading or watching detective dramas and obsessing over her computer. She doesn't even know ms scarlet very well. But oh well... It wouldn't be a good idea to stay cooped up at home without any night life anyway so she decided to go.

[back to the scene]

After the lights had been turned back on, Em found herself staring at a horrible scene. Someone hanging freely in midair.

And thats not all.

Blood. She saw blood. It wasnt just blood. It was murder. Em turned pale and like the general crowd, she screamed. Although she had probably seen this a million times in her detective anime and drama, it really isn't the same in reality after all. Seeing real blood seemed to have made her sick.

Chaos filled the entire hall as people tried running out of the house. Em followed. She didn't want to be there in the first place. However, her escape seemed to have been stopped by one other unforeseen circumstance. The snow had piled up too much that it blocked not only the entrance of the mansion, but also the road leading out of the area. Em turned even more pale but she had no choice but to return to the house. There weren't any other houses within the area and she couldn't afford to stay outside in this kind of weather. She turned back and returned to the hall. Em hugged her stomach tightly as she walked back. She kept thinking about the incident and had turned even more pale. Slowly her body seemed heavier and she started dragging her legs. And as soon as she entered the hall, Em collapsed onto the floor and fainted.

----

:V Edited the post a little because I realised it wasn't really following the plot. :P But well, it should fit now XD

Bio:

Name: Aleksander

Nationality: From Finland

Appearance:Quite short blond hair, normally combed.

Pale skinned tall (185cm) man with green eyes. In speech there is accent

Personality:Quick temper,but normally happy. Lazy but seriously in the action if needed.

Abilities:Knows a bit how use sword.

Aleksander had just opened a bottle of champagne when the blackout came. He tried took lighter from his pocked but dropped it on the floor. He tried to find it but he couldn't do it in dark and got up. Then lights came back. He realized that he was looking at Anne, hanged from ceiling of the room. He just gazed her but get up. He took Annes chair and tried to get her down but find it useless.

Now came back all those who had tried to fled. Maybe it was the snowstorm as weather forecast has said.

One female had collapsed and Aleksander ran over to her. He started to speak:

"Lets go to the living room to get our breath back. And you few at there(he pointed to body) cover her with that useless table cloth." He and other male guest carried the unconscious female on sofa.

My Profile (Based on myself..):

Name: Ari

Appearance: Wears Russian clothing and a fur hat. Always brought his gaming laptop and camera. Have suppressed Beretta M92FS Inox (Only for emergency)

Personality: Top of the class, renowned, famous, rich, handsome (Thanks Moho! ;))

Nationality: Indonesian

Ari, along with other guests are eating their diner until something goes wrong: A blackout had occurred but he ignored it because that always happen in his life even some scream. After the light went on, a worse thing occurred: The host, Ms. Scarlet were hanging on the ceiling, dead. Ari looked at one of the guest are looking to the Ms. Scarlet's corpse after she was lowered from the ceiling with the help of male guests and he walked to her and he looked at the scene, he looked at the note, "Happy Birthday" written in blood.

He hears someone faint, and he glanced to see a woman fainted at the hall and several male guest were carrying the fainting woman on the sofa... "Hang on..."

Ari looked to one of the guest which carrying the fainted woman and he asked the man, "Hey, who are you? And who this girl?"

What's going on...?

Em can faintly hear voices and felt herself being carried onto some kind of platform. A sofa?

She waved her arms a little and tried to signal for someone to pass her bag. She needed something to recover herself. This was a remedy for herself when she got nervous or afraid or whatever... It seems that someone had caught her signal and passed her the bag. She slipped her hand into the bag and pulled out a small packet of something. Slowly, she unwrapped the packet and stuffed the contents into her mouth.

'Oh- Relief...' Em breathed in deeply as she felt herself losing the nervousness. Gradually, she does not feel sick any more. She then sat up slowly and the guy who helped and carried her to the sofa was right beside. "Are you alright?" the guy asked.

"Eh? Erm... Yea... I guess..." Em nodded and smiled at the concerned guy. "Thanks."

Seeing that she was alright, the people surrounding her were relieved and they started to disperse. After some minor conversations, the guy who was helping her had also went over to the crime scene to check out the situation, leaving her on the sofa to rest.

Then, Em realised the wrapper was still in her hand. Embarassed, she quickly stuffed it into her pocket.

----------------------------------------

I <3 Chocolates! Okay. The packet contained chocolate. :V

Bio Thingy/Profile:

Name: Rose.

Appearance: Long hair pulled to one side, blonde, honey colored eyes, tanned, wears a Baby blue short dress and black high heels, Thin & short; but her high heels often makes her seem taller.

Personality: Is quiet when there's awkward silence, Is Loud & talkative when people talk, bossy, Smart, Mischievous & Sly.

Starting when I get a roommate.

Aleksander gave almost unconscious female guests bag to her. She searched for while and took something from wrapper to her mouth. Aleksander returned to the scene of the crime in order to ensure that all was as it should. He knew that police wouldn't be happy, if they mess around at the crime scene.

He looked at the rope hanging from the ceiling. He said: I have seen that rope before. It was red, and not like something rope you use in lifting something up. At the end of the rope which was at ceiling there was tassel and knot useless as... blunt blade. He put his hand into his pocket and felt his pocket knife, his only memento about his grandpa. He took it out and cleaned his fingernails.

(Gahh... It's started already and I've got a room mate, so yeah.)

(Bio/profile thing:

Name: Brian Moonstar

Appearance: Long blonde hair, skinny body, tanned white skin, wearing a Vans jumper and DC shoes, a Hollister top, and skinny jeans.

Personality: Sarcastic, talkative, social, never stops talking. However, is very inquisitive, and gets suspicious of anything strange.

There ya go. Now, see if I can RP something...)

Brian was eating with the guests when it happened, alike most other guests. All of sudden there was a blackout then the lights turned back on, and the host, Ms. Scarlet was found hanging from the ceiling. Apparantly a note with 'Happy Birthday' written in blood was found next to the body. Brian looked up and asked "Does anyone have reception on their mobiles to call the police?" "'Cause mine ain't go none" Even though a murder just happened, Brian felt a tingle of excitement in his body.

Aleksander gave almost unconscious female guests bag to her. She searched for while and took something from wrapper to her mouth. Aleksander returned to the scene of the crime in order to ensure that all was as it should. He knew that police wouldn't be happy, if they mess around at the crime scene.

He looked at the rope hanging from the ceiling. He said: I have seen that rope before. It was red, and not like something rope you use in lifting something up. At the end of the rope which was at ceiling there was tassel and knot useless as... blunt blade. He put his hand into his pocket and felt his pocket knife, his only memento about his grandpa. He took it out and cleaned his fingernails.

:o I have a question. Pocket knife clean fingernails? What does this mean?

And what does it mean by tassel as useless as blunt blade? >__<

Someone explain it a little to me?

^

Oops. My mistake. I meant that there is too much of that rope and there is tassel and knot at it.

So there is no reason, why there is tassel. So it's as useless as blunt blade.

And I use my pocket knife to clean under my fingernails. You got it?

After the person had said this, she heard a thud. Misaki turned around to find a woman on the ground, either unconscious or dead. She wasn't sure. A male was hovering over her, seeming worried for her. "Lets go to the living room to get our catch our breath and relax," he said," And you few over there cover her with that useless table cloth." He pointed to first the girl, then the table cloth before he and another male guest carried the unconscious female onto the sofa in the next room.

As a few others scurried to get the table cloth as instructed, Misaki ignored the man and began to head towards the staircase, having taken enough pictures of the crime scene and not wanting to have to take care of some weak willed person she didn't know. Plus, she wanted to take a look upstairs since at one point Ms. Scarlet's dead body had been there, ready to swing out at the right time. From the dining room, she herd someone ask, "Does anyone have reception on their mobiles to call the police? 'Cause mine ain't go none."

Misaki rolled her eyes as she ascended the stairs, glancing behind her to see if anyone was noticing that she was leaving. Everyone was too absorbed in either themselves or the body, so she was allowed to work without interruption. As she walked down one of the many halls on the upper level, her fingertips gently dragging across the wall. It had been a habit she had picked up as a child and never really went away.

Her eyes wandered around the area, looking for anything that might had been used for the murder. Once in a while, she opened a door to look inside, though what she mostly got was bedrooms. There was one door though that caught her attention. It was slightly different than the bedroom doors, as it was made of a different wood. Oak perhaps instead of the usual maple. She opened the door quietly and peeked in, discovering an empty study. She entered, not bothering to close the door and looked around.

The place was well furnished, with high quality things all around. The first thing that stood out to her was that the person who's study this was had a lovely collection of antique weapons displayed on the wall. A tiny grin appeared on her face as she approached the old-time guns and knives and marveled at them. She always had a fondness for such things. So mesmerized by the beauty of the antiques, she almost didn't notice a meek voice say, "... E-Excuse m-me... Y-you sho-shouldn't b-be in h-here..."

Misaki turned around to find a short, spectacled girl cowering by the door. Clad in her black knee length dress and white apron, it was pretty obvious she was a maid. She took her attention away from the weapons and approached her before asking, "Oh? And why not?"

The girl kept stuttering, "B-because... M-Mister Ma-Maxwell will b-be v-very angry a-at you i-if he f-finds y-y-you he-here..."

"Well, er," she started.

"M-my name i-is Aki."

"Well, Aki, don't worry about me," Misaki said as she got closer to Aki, their height differences making it so she was towering over the girl, "I'll be fine. Just keep doing your job, ok?"

"B-but-!"

She leaned in closer until she was only a few inches away from her face. She asked, looking Aki straight in the eye "Won't you please let me stay a little longer?"

Aki's face, flushed red, ran out of the room before she could respond. Misaki grinned as the nuisance was now gone. Really, such shy people can be so easy to rid of, especially her type. All you need is to get close and personal and they'll leave. She turned back to the weapons, grinning more now that she could have more personal time with them.

As she tried to get back to the lovely weapons, her navy dress managed to snag onto the handle of the slightly-open drawer of the desk. "Really," she muttered angrily to herself as she worked at getting her hem free from the clutches of the drawer, "You'd think people would be smarter than to make dress-snagging handles."

When Misaki managed to get herself free, she decided to take a little peek into the drawer. After all, there might be something interesting in there. When she opened it, she stared at the small statue hidden inside, a dark brown stain at the base of it. "Well," she said, "It looks like I just found a prime suspect."

------

(Poor Aki, being harassed by me. =X And oo! Clue :o)

Maxwell took a glance at the running Aki, face flushed red. He looked around the room in confusion, and noticed one person missing. He twiddled with his mustache, then noted that she likely came from the weapons room.

He turned around, a experienced facade covering his concern. "Misaki, eh. She could be a nuisance."

=============================================

Ta-dah! Did I forget to mention that all the NPCs have their own agendas? Maxwell is now more likely to target Misaki for his night action.

(Yes, stuff you type in here will influence NPC actions and decisions, so they'll eventually become less random. Looks like Maxwell has something to hide.)

(And also, yes, I will announce when an action you do will influence NPC behavior. I recommend you try manipulating them for your own purposes.)

Misaki snapped pictures of the statue in the drawer before closing it and exiting the room. By now, someone might have noticed she was missing, and being questioned was always a hassle. She hastily made her way back downstairs, where most people were still engrossed on the crime scene while others were discussing the case. They'll get nowhere if they don't look farther than the scene of the crime.

Right away, Misaki noticed someone who hadn't been there before. A man, looking about mid thirties to early forties, standing around as he twirled a mustache. She walked up to him, seeing how he was the only one just standing there. She asked, "Not interested in how Ms. Scarlet was murdered?"

He turned around, halting his mustache twirling, and replied, "Well, while Anne's death does startle me, I am not a very good sleuth as the guests here are."

A pause occurred before he questioned, "And what about you my dear? You seem uninterested as well. After all, you aren't actually doing anything that would help bring poor Anne to justice."

Misaki said, "Well, while I do wish for the murderers to be caught, everyone else seems to be handling things well. Also, I looked at the scene earlier."

"So where were you then?"

"Merely looking around."

"You shouldn't do that, not with murderers around."

"Don't worry, I'm quite capable of taking care of myself."

Misaki left the man afterwards, giving him one last glance before heading towards the group. She didn't like the man at all, he looked like a rat, his features pointy and on the less than attractive side. And from how he spoke, he wasn't fond of her walking around. The group, as she learned after integrating into it, had found a nice amount of clues off the body and surrounding area. Well, it's good they found clues. They'll help me. Though I'll have to keep the statue clue away from them for a while, at least until I have more evidence...

--------

(Oh goodie, now I'm more likely to be silenced. Joy.)

[About time I posted...]

Name: Gracie Shinn

Appearance: 4'2, thin, long buttery blonde hair, apple green eyes, light green dress and large flower headband, brown sandals and matching purse

Description: sister of Kevin, quiet, smart, good at acting, good memory

For some reason, both Gracie and Kevin received an invitation to a certain Anne Scarlet's birthday one week ago. Although they did not know who Ms.Scarlet was, they were curious and decided to attend. Mr. and Mrs.Shinn, knowing that they'd be fine by themselves, allowed them to go alone, leaving them a number in case of emergencies.

Gracie was just walking around the mansion after she finished her dinner, creating a mental blueprint of the manor, when the lights suddenly flickered out. A scream pierced the air and Gracie's heart jumped when she felt someone brush past her. When the lights came back on, Gracie found herself to eye level with Ms.Scarlet, who was hanging from the ceiling, dead. She hurried downstairs to try and locate Kevin, stopping for a second to look at her left arm and finding a strand of dark brown hair. She picked it up with a handkerchief and stuffed it into her purse. Gracie found Kevin in the front of the crowd gathered around the body and was explained to about the situation. A minute later, they were ushered away by a tall man and told to stay close to an adult at all times. Gracie only had to take one look at Kevin to know he was thinking the same thing as her: they must find the truth behind this bloody birthday.