Detective Conan World
Miss Smiles

Painting competition - landscapes (Winner is....)

ART COMPETITION: DRAWING AND PAINTING COMPETITION - LANDSCAPES

Paintings%201.jpg

A sample of my watercolour painting

Results

The competition is now officially closed but open for discussion, and this is the moment we all dying to know who win the competition. I've close the poll and results turn in, and winner's name going to be revealed.

May all voters go straight to winner's profile and give reputation, before you do that I will recap the results so far...

a secret hiding place: 5

a drawing: 2

River dreams: 6

Greenery: 3

The calm mountains: 2

The artist of River dreams is.... I like everyone take this moment to congratulate the person in this thread, who create this outstanding artwork.

The winner who create River dreams is: Kaze-rei.

Congratulations to Kaze-rei who win Painting competition landscapes. Kaze-rei win 6 votes as winner of this competition.

I also like to thank all participants who submit in artworks, you all done well and I wish you all best wishes to win in next contest, as you both are great!

I trust all voters to head towards Kaze-rei's profile sending rep, and DCWians can count how many reps she received.

Thank you to all public members voting the winner! I also like to thanks participants joining in competitions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the competition submission has closed, but if you wondering how they works, scroll down below for details. If you're interested to know about competition, they can be found below the pictures, and you can vote one of the best artworks. Bear in mind, please vote the top artwork! But if you find all are top artwork, pick the favorite if you find they were drawn/painted nice. Lastly, do not vote for your own artwork! These painting and voting are shown 'live' on public, you only can vote once!

About the polls, they are listed chronological order, and title can be find below the artworks.

AokoNamori.jpg

a secret hiding place

Drawings.jpg

a drawing

2012-02-26141848-1-1.jpg

River dreams

6939846457_b04e3d80ae_b.jpg

Greenery

Landscape.jpg

The calm mountains

~~~~~~~~~~~~ABOUT COMPETITIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okayy, if anyone entitled to host their competition, I can as well, I personally is degree holder of painting and drawing in landscapes. :mrgreen: The winner will earn each rep from voters personally if the painting/drawing is outstanding. What you will do is to submit the artwork by pm me the link of your artwork, as long as it's accessible.

And the judges are everyone here to pick the best one. It's a fair competition, the voting poll is to vote the artwork and not the artist, and the competition is realistic because we are basing on strengths only. When the voting start, this post will be edited with voting poll, all paintings and drawings can be find in first post here for you to see and vote. No names revealed, all members are to judge blindly picking the one they think it's best.

20 participant's spaces are available, so submit in artwork before submission closes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The theme is: landscape of river.

It can be drawn in either one of perspective or view. When you saw river, what images come to your mind? Does river has mountain shown as background? Flowers beside the river? Fishes swimming around? Remember to have fun and be creative!

I will edit this post to put the artworks, and members get to pick one of them, they will have title which has put in poll. The competition ends when I reveal the name of winner, and each voter can go to his or her profile giving rep.

Lastly, I strongly urge everyone to please vote for the top artwork and not the artist who create it!

***To competition participants:

There are rules here, as they are important to follow by to prevent disqualification.

- All drawings or paintings entered in the competition MUST follow whatever the topic for one round is.

- Do not vote for your own artwork! It's crucial, please don't try.

- No plagiarism. Before the voting coming in, the competition will be canceled in a flash like lightning and you don't have time to say 'snitch'; so don't plagiarize.

- Send me one link of your artwork only. If you have extra, you can share with friends in artwork forum.

- Artworks are to be hand drawn and painted.

- Resize the image smaller, the pixels must smaller than screen's, because a lot of people doesn't like to see huge image after clicking it during voting period. Failure to do will result disqualification. Size mustn't be too small as long as the size is reasonable for people to see clearly to fit in screen.

- Send in the title of your artwork, to get the position in the official slot and I will update how many left. On the day when the voting day start, the drawing you submit has no title immediately drop off from voting poll.

These are the rules participants must abide by.

If you interested to join competition send me the title, which will display in voting poll, along with the link of your artwork. The voting will start on March 6. Submission deadline will close at 5th March or the participants' spaces are filled up automatically. I will notify when spaces are filled up. The voting will closed at March 25. I will notify the winner and revealed the name replying last poster here.

I will headcount how many rep in the winner's profile, but I trust you both can give rep to the winner. It's a routine so I know who doesn't know the result of competition.

Everybody can come here and chat about competitions.

• Upvote 1

Pretty interesting Idea If i am not busy I will enter

But isn't submission date too soon it's like only 10 to 12 day's are remaining.

About the rep thing Did you consult with Chek or CC about this ?

• Upvote 1

About the rep thing Did you consult with Chek or CC about this ?

Reps can be given out as prizes, I think. I hosted a contest once involving reps as prizes, and the mods didn't complain, so I think it's OK.

• Upvote 1

i paint landscapes regularly in my daily life and sell them. THIS is hno problem XDD i'm looking forward to it. bad thing. i have no camera. mine broke. my sis has hers in new york and i'm not allowed a cell phone

• Upvote 1

Is it okay if I just take a photo of my painting? I always seem to have trouble scanning oil paints. I think I paint a bit too thick at times and it never dries...ever xD. If you want I can just paint a brand new one. It seems a bit more fair to have the same time limit as everyone else.

Is there a specific medium I have to paint with? I just bought some acylics that I don't mind using but I'm not most comfortable with them. Are people just painting digitally?

• Upvote 1

Backgrounds... My worst enemy... ... Maybe I'll give it a shot. Probably not though- it's hard to find someone worse at drawing landscapes. :P

• Upvote 1

9 - 12 days are reasonable, person can come up with two small paintings.

Kirite and Misaki: You have old paintings? You can take photo, as along as it was resized. Any mediums can be used, watercolour, acrylic, mixed media, drawing etc, as they are hand drawn. And, no digital paint...

• Upvote 1

Cool beans, I'll try to swing by to get myself a canvas. Or maybe I'll practice my gouache...my God gouache is like impossible for me to use D<. I realise after my 5th painting that blending is like impossible xD. Solid colours can be lovely once I realise how to "cut" the picture into shapes. I love how bright the colours can get!

• Upvote 1

Oh man... Must it be painted? If there's one thing I'm terrible at, it's painting. <_< Paint just don't work for me.

But I can do calligraphy using Chinese ink. :mellow: Is that counted? I done plenty for my school once.

• Upvote 1

It's not counted, but if use Chinese medium to create painting with colours it's counted. There's medium Chinese use to paint, you're welcome to use it. You can see medium in big popular bookstore, they did sell them for Chinese paintings. If you know how to write and handle the brush, you can create Chinese painting. and we will have Chinese painting vs Western panting.

• Upvote 1

It's not counted, but if use Chinese medium to create painting with colours it's counted. There's medium Chinese use to paint, you're welcome to use it. You can see medium in big popular bookstore, they did sell them for Chinese paintings. If you know how to write and handle the brush, you can create Chinese painting. and we will have Chinese painting vs Western panting.

Okay then! :D I'll see what I can do. :P

• Upvote 1

That would cool, hmmm i wonder what Chinese side of painting as i never seen them before but Western yes i seen before. hmmmmm

You haven't see before? Maybe... I let you see with wide eye open. This is professional artist create Chinese artwork.

chinese-landscape-painting.jpg

But heck, it's highly difficult and only professional artist can paint with standard. :mellow:

Novice's artwork also nice, it can be pretty and splendid with many colours. :wink:

• Upvote 1

You haven't see before? Maybe... I let you see with wide eye open. This is professional artist create Chinese artwork.

chinese-landscape-painting.jpg

But heck, it's highly difficult and only professional artist can paint with standard. :mellow:

Novice's artwork also nice, it can be pretty and splendid with many colours. :wink:

I see, hmm it similar to western but this is more a fine art work. i agree.

Thanks for showing the example, I just can't wait who would win!

Just asking, but do you have to be real good to participate? :/

Not really, it's open to all levels. I was showing an example which all here can't reach the standard to paint this way. Including me. :mellow: I'm good at watercolour and drawing.

• Upvote 1

i'm not that good but i'm still working on chinese and japanese art styles and mediums.

i'm mostly a lower level acrylics painter and my stong suit is night scenes and landscapes. i only ever did one night scene thats a city scape and my sister has it in her new house. she loves it and it's london.

if she says all levels i guess it's fine. i entered a work. i just hope people like it ^^; i'm not that good yet

• Upvote 1

Is something like this counted? I like painting but I prefer Chinese painting to be honest. :mellow: I lived in China for some time and I can't get the culture out of me.

So is this kind of painting counted: Southern River

Saving you the trouble first before you click it. It's a Chinese painting of a river but it's not done in colour. It's all black. Is it counted? :blink:

• Upvote 1

Is something like this counted? I like painting but I prefer Chinese painting to be honest. :mellow: I lived in China for some time and I can't get the culture out of me.

So is this kind of painting counted: Southern River

Saving you the trouble first before you click it. It's a Chinese painting of a river but it's not done in colour. It's all black. Is it counted? :blink:

That cool painting though... :) I thnk you can but ask the person who in charge...

It's counted. But you have to pm me the link, don't post here; if you post your picture in this post here it's not counted. If it's not, pm me your link and follow in the instruction I stated in first post.

• Upvote 1

ART COMPETITION: DRAWING AND PAINTING COMPETITION - LANDSCAPES

Paintings%201.jpg

A sample of my watercolour painting

Okayy, if anyone entitled to host their competition, I can as well, I personally is degree holder of painting and drawing in landscapes. :mrgreen: The winner will earn each rep from voters personally if the painting/drawing is outstanding. What you will do is to submit the artwork by pm me the link of your artwork, as long as it's accessible.

And the judges are everyone here to pick the best one. It's a fair competition, the voting poll is to vote the artwork and not the artist, and the competition is realistic because we are basing on strengths only. When the voting start, this post will be edited with voting poll, all paintings and drawings can be find in first post here for you to see and vote. No names revealed, all members are to judge blindly picking the one they think it's best.

20 participant's spaces are available, so submit in artwork before submission closes!

The theme is: landscape of river.

It can be drawn in either one of perspective or view. When you saw river, what images come to your mind? Does river has mountain shown as background? Flowers beside the river? Fishes swimming around? Remember to have fun and be creative!

I will edit this post to put the artworks, and members get to pick one of them, they will have title which has put in poll. The competition ends when I reveal the name of winner, and each voter can go to his or her profile giving rep.

Lastly, I strongly urge everyone to please vote for the top artwork and not the artist who create it!

***To competition participants:

There are rules here, as they are important to follow by to prevent disqualification.

- All drawings or paintings entered in the competition MUST follow whatever the topic for one round is.

- Do not vote for your own artwork! It's crucial, please don't try.

- No plagiarism. Before the voting coming in, the competition will be canceled in a flash like lightning and you don't have time to say 'snitch'; so don't plagiarize.

- Send me one link of your artwork only. If you have extra, you can share with friends in artwork forum.

- Artworks are to be hand drawn and painted.

These are the rules participants must abide by.

If you interested to join competition send me the title, which will display in voting poll, along with the link of your artwork. The voting will start on March 1. Submission deadline will close at end of February or the participants' spaces are filled up automatically. I will notify when spaces are filled up. The voting will closed at March 19. I will notify the winner and revealed the name replying last poster here.

I will headcount how many rep in the winner's profile, but I trust you both can give rep to the winner. It's a routine so I know who doesn't know the result of competition.

Everybody can come here and chat about competitions.

This is a great idea :D competitions revived \o/ :D How many reps will be given anyway?

• Upvote 1

interesting but idk if I even have time to get on :/ I do Graphite drawings so rofl.

I'll still post if I get to it... and if I ever get on again.... if... I'm sneaking internet right now =_=;;

• Upvote 1