Detective Conan World
Tsukiko

Wondering, pondering...

I wonder how back to school season is faring for everyone. 

College is so different from high school, you can barely call it "back" to school in my case.

Just joking, it's really honestly not that different.  Of course, it's only been one week of orientation + 2 days of actual classes, soo...

I wonder if when news crews visit poor/terrorized areas or places recently hit by a natural disaster they aid the people they interview or even just people in the general area

like on the news tonight the one guy interviewed a kid that had his right hand and left foot "amputated" by ISIS and because he couldn't go to a hospital his wounds got infected and... they helped him right? They didn't just hear his story and "well, sucks to be you kid. we're gonna go eat at some really fancy restaurant now, have a nice day" and leave right? 

I wonder if when news crews visit poor/terrorized areas or places recently hit by a natural disaster they aid the people they interview or even just people in the general area

like on the news tonight the one guy interviewed a kid that had his right hand and left foot "amputated" by ISIS and because he couldn't go to a hospital his wounds got infected and... they helped him right? They didn't just hear his story and "well, sucks to be you kid. we're gonna go eat at some really fancy restaurant now, have a nice day" and leave right?

Haha, I wonder this too. I'm sure they help out people other than just reporting news. Had instances here in my country where we have like storms and journalists/news report visit those areas affected badly. They just don't report, they also help out. You won't see it on screen tho coz it'll end up like just wanting publicity if they do that.

I'm pretty sure journos are still humans :P

News crews probably help out in those situations.  

However, I do know for a fact that the film crew for the Planet Earth documentary didn't help out any "animals in need" no matter how heart breaking the situation.  Anyone who's seen the show will remember the polar bear vs. walrus segment, and as frustrating as it is to watch, they [highlight for spoilers] were forced to let the polar bear die from starvation and its wounds after the fight since that was just nature taking its course.

Haha, I wonder this too. I'm sure they help out people other than just reporting news. Had instances here in my country where we have like storms and journalists/news report visit those areas affected badly. They just don't report, they also help out. You won't see it on screen tho coz it'll end up like just wanting publicity if they do that.

I'm pretty sure journos are still humans :P

News crews probably help out in those situations.  

However, I do know for a fact that the film crew for the Planet Earth documentary didn't help out any "animals in need" no matter how heart breaking the situation.  Anyone who's seen the show will remember the polar bear vs. walrus segment, and as frustrating as it is to watch, they [highlight for spoilers] were forced to let the polar bear die from starvation and its wounds after the fight since that was just nature taking its course.

I've assumed they do too but I wonder just how involved they get. Do they help out at shelters, food kitchens, build homes, and/or just donate money? Sometimes reporters are only in areas for a little while and if they're only there a night or two, especially if they're in a different time zone than they're used to, just how much can they help? I'd also assume they'd want at least a little publicity from it since it'd not only help those in need, but would help the reporters too and make them seem more human and maybe even somewhat neighborly. *shrugs*

I've only seen bits and pieces of Planet Earth so I'm actually not familiar with he polar bear and walrus confrontation and now knowing how it ends I don't feel particularly inclined to look up the apparently unforgettable scene. I guess that's kinda understandable though. If the show's goal is to document nature and all aspects of it, human involvement in anything would sort of sabotage the show's purpose. And if their crew didn't include a vet that's even more reason to leave 'em alone even though that's obviously pretty cruel and hard to watch/witness. *insert obligatory tidbit about survival of the fittest here*

I've assumed they do too but I wonder just how involved they get. Do they help out at shelters, food kitchens, build homes, and/or just donate money? Sometimes reporters are only in areas for a little while and if they're only there a night or two, especially if they're in a different time zone than they're used to, just how much can they help? I'd also assume they'd want at least a little publicity from it since it'd not only help those in need, but would help the reporters too and make them seem more human and maybe even somewhat neighborly. *shrugs*

I've only seen bits and pieces of Planet Earth so I'm actually not familiar with he polar bear and walrus confrontation and now knowing how it ends I don't feel particularly inclined to look up the apparently unforgettable scene. I guess that's kinda understandable though. If the show's goal is to document nature and all aspects of it, human involvement in anything would sort of sabotage the show's purpose. And if their crew didn't include a vet that's even more reason to leave 'em alone even though that's obviously pretty cruel and hard to watch/witness. *insert obligatory tidbit about survival of the fittest here*

In my country, as far as I know, they do really help people who are hit by a calamity or something.

Anyways, What I meant by wanting publicity thingy was like the reporter were only doing it for the sake of actually having a good image in front of those people watching not because they really want to help, so it's like they're helping forcibly. They, of course, avoid that kind of situation where they look kinda like that, as much as possible.

But as you said, there are times when publicity is needed like when the news station is asking for help or donation from people or something like that or they want to promote a role model thingy. :3

===

I wonder at what crap am I being thrown to again.

In my country, as far as I know, they do really help people who are hit by a calamity or something.

Anyways, What I meant by wanting publicity thingy was like the reporter were only doing it for the sake of actually having a good image in front of those people watching not because they really want to help, so it's like they're helping forcibly. They, of course, avoid that kind of situation where they look kinda like that, as much as possible.

But as you said, there are times when publicity is needed like when the news station is asking for help or donation from people or something like that or they want to promote a role model thingy. :3

It's good to know the reporters where you live do help out those in need! I know local news stations here will occasionally have like meet ups at places where volunteer work is needed, but those don't happen often enough for anyone to really know just how much work newscasters actually put in over the course of a year or so.

That makes sense. It's probably one of those things were they'll show it occasionally to raise awareness and look good but do actually help out even when no footage is shown on tv.

I wonder if my cat knows what her reflection is (she's not scared of it and ends up pawing at it/trying to interact with it)

I remember reading an article about whether animals knows their own reflection. It says nah. Being able to recognize your (generally speaking) own reflection is like a test whether you are a concious being or not and humans were the only being known to recognize their own.

Dunno tho if I'm completely right since I read it like a long time ago.

===

I wonder what plan was applied for my family's internet.

I remember reading an article about whether animals knows their own reflection. It says nah. Being able to recognize your (generally speaking) own reflection is like a test whether you are a concious being or not and humans were the only being known to recognize their own.

Dunno tho if I'm completely right since I read it like a long time ago.

Considering this video and that article, it's probably correct that animals don't recognize their reflections. I wonder why only some animals react territorial upon seeing their reflections though.

Considering this video and that article, it's probably correct that animals don't recognize their reflections. I wonder why only some animals react territorial upon seeing their reflections though.

It's because they think it's another animal so they kinda go alpha-alpha to their reflection, especially those pack leaders of those pack oriented species like the gorilla.

Love the video tho, Most of them got surprised at first when they walked towards the mirror. :P Haha, the Elephant just looked and walked away. He didn't give a crap lol. On the otherhand, I feel like the humans our primate buds were kinda curious since they were like sitting in front of the mirror looking at it which shows a bit of consciousness right there which is not surprising since they're our distance cousins.

===

I wonder when will I grow a full beard. My facial hair is growing again but it's patchy and all over the place. Last time it grew I was 15-16.

I wonder when will I grow a full beard. My facial hair is growing again but it's patchy and all over the place. Last time it grew I was 15-16.

Good diet and a supplement could do the trick.

Still Facebook.

Nah, Twitter's the one that's stayed on top after all these years. :P

I wonder if people will think I'm really weird when I bring the Special Illustrated Edition of Angels and Demons to school. It's seriously oversized for something that you want to hold to your face.

I feel the same way, especially when I watch Detective Conan or other detective things. I think Kudo sums it up the best in episode 49, "There's no winning losing, above or below when it comes to logic..." That really made me think.       ​

oops, the quote didn't show up... :D don't pay attention to this post then :D ​

Nah, Twitter's the one that's stayed on top after all these years. :P

I wonder if people will think I'm really weird when I bring the Special Illustrated Edition of Angels and Demons to school. It's seriously oversized for something that you want to hold to your face.

Although Twitter was way better back in 2009, I'd say it's #1 right now.

I replied on machine's thingy coz I knew the answer to this which is Facebook (Read it on an article like some time ago)

http://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/