Detective Conan World
Tsukiko

Wondering, pondering...

Oi :V  You sure can.

===

I wonder if I could ever attain my goal.

Wait, are you back now?

Wondering how many books I'll be able to finish this year.

Wait, are you back now?

Wondering how many books I'll be able to finish this year.

Nah. I'll still be going. If you read what I wrote in WoyM thread fully, I said I'll be staying till the end of this week which is today.

===

I wonder if I could meet the requirements so that I could join the event thing.

I wonder who had the brilliant idea to pit Captain America against Iron Man.

I mean

Come on

We all know Iron Man >>>>>>>> the captain

giphy.gif

I wonder how the Olympics will go this year considering all that's happened 

On 6/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, Kirsch said:

I wonder how non-bilingual people learning a second language perceive the concept of "being bilingual".

Do you mean at what point someone who's only fluent their native language would consider themselves bilingual or almost bilingual? Though I can't speak for everyone, I'd consider myself, and anyone learning an additional language, to be bilingual once they were at a conversational level in terms of both speaking and reading/writing. Fluency sounds very difficult to attain unless one's in an environment where they're frequently exposed to the language they're learning, and are able to practice it regularly, and since not everyone is in such a position, it seems a bit unfair to automatically discredit or undermine all the work someone's put into learning another language, just because they can't quite reach fluency. 

23 hours ago, machine said:

I wonder how the Olympics will go this year considering all that's happened 

Do you mean at what point someone who's only fluent their native language would consider themselves bilingual or almost bilingual? Though I can't speak for everyone, I'd consider myself, and anyone learning an additional language, to be bilingual once they were at a conversational level in terms of both speaking and reading/writing. Fluency sounds very difficult to attain unless one's in an environment where they're frequently exposed to the language they're learning, and are able to practice it regularly, and since not everyone is in such a position, it seems a bit unfair to automatically discredit or undermine all the work someone's put into learning another language, just because they can't quite reach fluency. 

Sorry if I came off like that, but discrediting people's efforts wasn't my intention. I'd been looking into SAT subject tests for both Chinese and Spanish, and it struck me that the distance I still had to go with Spanish was far greater than I'd thought. Comparing the thought process I have for the two languages really put that into perspective, and my post was written to reflect a "what-if" scenario where I didn't have Chinese as a marker for "fluency".

Being bilingual has always been a prevailing factor in my life because my internal "voice" "speaks" (yay tons of quotation marks) in both languages. English may be my primary language now, but there was a period in my life when I could actually feel the "voice" shift from being Mandarin-centric to English-centric, and as a small child, it was very hard to adjust. (I'm still very fluent in Chingrish.)

Despite being a Spanish student of 6 years (though I didn't really learn much in the first 5), I can't imagine ever having the same problems I do with being a English-Mandarin speaker, and thus, in a sense, that same level of fluency. Perhaps I'll one day be able to communicate in Spanish in a conversational setting, but this sort of proficiency won't have some of the defining traits of bilingualism that I feel with Mandarin. With Mandarin, it's completely without thought, while with Spanish, I'm forced to procure a written form of the audio clip in my head, translate bits and pieces, then rearrange it to better accommodate for my English-orientated mind. It's a long and arduous process, and exactly what I've been telling my parents not to do for all my life, only that it's me who's now struggling to find a more efficient process and realizing there are none. Again, I'm not trying to brush off languages students in the classroom. It's quite the opposite really--I probably understand the laborious efforts too well.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2016 at 0:25 AM, .MK. said:

pokemon-go-regionlock.jpg?itok=FhCXa2fF

You guys have fun.

Nah. No.

Don't worry about me.

It's fine

It really is.

Hopefully more countries start getting official releases soon