Detective Conan World
phantom thief

How did you get interested in Detetive Conan and what were the effects on ur life when u got addicted 2 it?

Well,this is really simple:just tell us the reason why you got addicted to DC? and what were the effects of your addiction to DC in your life as of now!.I actually created this topic for us detective conan fans to know more about each other :lol:.We must respect each others comments please!

And,to start it,I'll tell u guys my story:

It all started with my grade 4 year,me and my best friend went to the our library to borrow some books(i was recently addicted to Fushigi Yugi,and I'm so sori if i haven't got addicted to DC YET!).When my best friend went to search manga she found the book"Case Closed vol.1"(english manga version of detective conan).She took it from the bookshelf,read it a little,and laughed out loud!.I asked her why she was laughing and showed me the part where rachel(ran) punched a post and it cracked,I also laughed and quickly took the book from her hand and borrowed it.When I went home,I read it and it made me to continue to borrow it.After borrowing and reading case closed volumes 1-10, searched for vol.11 and didn't find it,I asked our librarian if they had vol.11 and she said no.Me and my best friend made a promise that we'll read and collect all the case closed in the whole world,and it partly came true,until this very day,we are collecting case closed,our latest case closed is vol.33,we are waiting for vol.34 which will come out in april.

so that's my story now for it's effects:

at 1st,I focused on reading case closed than focusing my studies.My parents were mad at me for having low grades on the 1st qtr(our school has 4 quarters).But after some time,I got used to reading case closed,and I can focus on my studies.When 3rd qtr finished,our teachers announced all the honors and I was one of them,I was really happy at that time and also my parents.Thanks to case closed I have become smarter than my 3 friends,but my best friend is getting closer to being an honor student and getting closer to being smarter than me!.But,all i want to say is,THANK YOU CASE CLOSED AND GOSHO AOYAMA!!!! :)

my first exposure to DC was thanks to Adult Swim, oddly enough. I think I'd heard of it before, but when they started airing this thing called "case closed" when I was a sophomore in university, I had to check it out with a couple of my roommates. I immediately fell in love with Aoyama-san's art style, and became rooted in the story. Some time after that, I picked up my copy of the first volume of the manga, and as they say the rest is history. Of course, when I got started it was already 2004, so I had a long way to go to get caught up to the current episodes :P I watched the first 50 or so when it aired, and then passed the 100 mark later. After that, I set the anime aside, and stuck to the manga, movies, and OVA's, until I found places online that were streaming the series. I think it was last summer, when I finally got myself caught up :)

as for how it affected other aspects of my life... I don't really think it did (since I was already in university), except that it showed me how interested I am in procedural-type stories, and it helped me to think outside the box a little more.

I was born literally watching detective conan xD my cousins have always liked the manga, anime and stuff like that, so I caught it their way, so whenever I was with them, we saw DC, Dragon Ball Z series anime watching "El Club of Los Tigritos" (a TV show from my childhood). But being interested in DC, was about at 9 years old, whenever I came to my house after school I turned on the television to watch Sakura CC and then DC. Before I was not interested about internet, but ... Shanan! I discovered Youtube, hehe xD, and since then I never stopped watching videos of DC, chapters too, Because the TV show ended and I kept watching episodes through YouTube. In Chile only showed up to episode 130 (123 in the normal list of episodes)so YouTube has always saved me haha xD

*copied and pasted from another forum with a similar topic*

When [adult swim] first began its life on Cartoon Network, it was AWESOME. You'd get great comedy shows (This was even before Family Guy,) like Mission Hill (I wasn't the only one who liked that show, right?) and anime. Before [as], I was barely exposed to anime, other than the usual suspects. I wouldn't call myself huge anime fan. However, [as] is what got me interested in anime, with shows like Cowboy Bebop, Gundam shows, and things of that calibre. However, after about a year, [as] got REALLY stale and boring, and I stopped watching. One day on a whim, I felt like staying up late to catch an episode of Cowboy Bebop, and had caught the tail end of something, I think Inuyasha? Anyway, right after that show I saw this really cool bumper, with silhouettes of various Conan characters, while some jazzy crime music played, and then there goes the intro of "Case Closed". My first episode was episode 18, "The June Bride Murder Case," which I would at that point come to know as "Wedding Day Blues."

At first I was like "Huh?" at the fact that Conan had the mind of a teenager, but I understood the premise right away for some reason. During the episode, I kept saying "Hey, this show isn't that bad..." and at the end of the episode I really enjoyed what I saw. After that, I began taping various episodes so that I could watch them at a better time (I STILL remember when I saw the preview for the second part of the Diplomat Murder Case, and going batshit when I saw Kudo go "No... Harley... is wrong,") and got bummed out when the VCR wouldn't work when it was supposed to record the second part of the Moonlight Sonata case (By now the show was cycling through older episodes.) I stopped watching, but never forgot about the interesting show.

A few months later, Funimation released DVD's with three episodes on them, one had the first three episodes, and the other had three episodes never before aired on Cartoon Network. One of those episodes was the Mist Goblin Case, which is the case that got me completely hooked onto the show. I bought all of the DVD releases, and the last episode Funimation released at the time was the Wandering Artist Case. For pretty much 3-4 years, that was what I got up to in the show. I would often see that SO many episodes of the show were airing in Japan, and wondered what the hold-up was. And then finally, seasons four and five came out, and I watched those happily.

I started watching subbed stuff at first because on the season five set, Funimation completely cut the ending scene to episode 118 for some reason (Kazuha's first appearance.) Then I realized that the reality was that Funimation was no longer going to sub the show, so I began watching the subbed episodes. My first fansubbed episode? "The Mysterious Sniper Murder Case." WOW. That was eight months ago. And I spent the entire summer watching every episode, movie, and OVA subbed, and now I'm hooked, and there won't be changing.

I first saw it in a tv commercial back in 2001 on a major Philippine TV Network and I instantly got interested in it since it is a mind game - a game of logic. I love science, so watching an anime with so much applications on science is just like heaven. It aired during afternoon weekdays and I watched it after school. At night, I also watch Hunter X Hunter: DC in afternoon and HxH at night - an amazing combo. My interest in science grew even further and influences my perspective in life just like the other animes that it offered. DC is first the reason why I get interested in psychology.

During that year, even though I read a lot of interesting topics, I never had read a short story voluntarily. I only read short stories in school where it is a compulsory topics like the english subject. Because of DC, I read my first 2 short stories about hunters "The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connel" and "The Adventure of the Speckled Band by Arthur Conan Doyle".

One of the teachings I learned from it is to "Never trust to general impressions but concentrate on details".

I first got started watching DC when it first aired on Adult Swim. I would stay up late watching television because i didn't want to go to bed. One night i was watching and saw it come on. I was instantly hooked. As long as I can remember, i had wanted to be a detective. Now that i was able to watch an anime that stared a detective, it was easy to get hooked.

On day, they stopped airing it on adult swim. As the years went by i did not think about the show again until one day, while surfing the web for something to I, i foung it on youtube and started watching it again. i did not remember most of the episodes so i started from the begining again. I am now at episode 238 and have the first five movies under my belt.

How to say about it.... Way long long ago, when I was in kindergarten (about 2-3 years old), I came across a book on the floor, and first, trying to EAT it before my teachers saw me (I really don't know why I remembered that :unsure: ) But the first time I READ it was when I was in grade 3, when one of my friends brought it to school. I still didn't know about it belonged to Aoyama-sensei until I had my own computer and try Google-ing it. Phew... what a long way to go :lol:

The effects? Well... I only get addicted to it (yeah, ONLY).

"Hi, my name is Nick, and I've been a Detective Conan/Case Closed Addict for about three years."

"Hi, Nick..." everyone in the room said in a monotone voice.

"It all started when I bought the first volume of "MAR Heaven" from Barnes an Noble, since I was into fighting back then, and they were fresh out of new books of "Ranma 1/2". I was going to complete the series, but I never got around to buying volume 2 (Though I did a few weeks ago). I kept re-reading the volume 1, until I eventually read the ads section. I saw an ad for "Case Closed" in the back. All it said was that a weird chemical shrunk a guy named Jimmy Kudo, and he was chasing some guys (I didn't like English names, and I didn't like his art back then), so I thought it looked like the lamest story in existence (Sorry, folks. That was THEN). However, I went to B & N a few months later, to find they were again, out of Ranma 1/2. I saw volumes 1-20 or so, and I picked up volume one and skimmed through it, trying to see just how lame it was. But I actually laughed aloud when Ran/Rachel punched the pole next to Jimmy/Shinichi, and when Rachel hugged Conan, and when Richard darted out of his office... I decided to buy the book and read through it. I instantly fell in love with the series, and bout books 3 or 4 at a time after vol. 1, and eventually ended up waiting for VIZ to release the next book. I now have volumes 1-33, and I'm waiting for 34. I'm also finally catching up on "Mar" and soon, I might try "Yu Yu Hakusho", since my friends seem to love it so much. Anyways, I then found out they sold season box sets. I didn't wanna buy em, until my GF got me season 2.1 (Which was missing the episode "Jack Attacks!" but I still loved it), and I soon started buying every season box set and movie, and the rest is history. I have seasons 1-3, and movies 1-6, and I intend to buy every last product so that FuniMation won't close the "Case Closed" franchise (By the way, I made a forum about how to help save it in the Anime Section. Check it out!)."

"Wait!" said some guy in the corner or the rehabilitation room. "I thought we were here so we can stop our addiction, but your pretty enthusiastic! Maybe DC isn't a bad thing..."

"My grades and eye for detail have gotten better since I read it," I said, "and so has pretty much the rest of my life."

@ Phantom Thief hehehe yea u did get a honor card i cant believe u still remember that! :razz: here's my Case Closed experience: like phantom thief said i was reading the part when she punched the post that's all i read so far (because it's almost time to go back to our classrooms) soo after my best frined borrowed the book and returned the book i borrowed it and read the whole book i kinda got scared of the Bloody pop star case because of the way the dead man looks (eyes wide, mouth open really weird...) but i ended up solving the case! i got excited! and my nxt trio to the library i looked for case closed me and my bestfriend borrowed and collected our fave Case Closed vol is Vol 26 we memorized that book cover to cover now were waiting 4 case closed vol 35 and 36 we WONT STOP UNTIL WE COLLECT ALL OF THE VOLUMES!!! (WE PROMISED) EVEN IF IT KILLS US :lol:

HOW I STARTING WATCHING DETECTIVE CONAN

First I thought Detective Conan was lame : P But I happened to watch it at some friend's place because he really wanted to and when he told me there were like over hundreds of episodes, I thought maybe I should watch it too, just for the sake of it..

I never understood the plot because I only saw clips of Detective Conan where a small boy would be "shadowed" by an adult version of himself (gosh that got me so confused) <-- these "shadowed" scenes were, now that I think of it, when he was thinking; you know how they'd sometimes show Shinichi thinking as well..

So, out of curiosity, I watched from the first episode. After I finally understood what had happened, I continued watching. The first few episodes were a bit childish, I thought, but then as I continued watching and watching...

It started to become interesting!

And then the movies came along and that wow-ed me..

I mean, I've known and heard of Detective Conan practically all my life but it has only been "recently" that I really started to watch it and understand it!

DETECTIVE CONAN EFFECT

It really seems to keep me from doing things I'm supposed to do : P

Guess that's the problem with being addicted to ANYTHING really, but I honestly hate being addicted to virtual/unrealistic things- I feel that it depresses me afterwards.

I'm the type that can get addicted to things very easily. In a way, it can both be useful and dangerous, but I seem to be continuously "attracted" to useless things and not anything USEFUL..

Ok now I'm babbling, sorry : P

At around Grade 4 or 5, I got hooked up with Detective Conan, the first mystery anime I watched. It was "interesting" and was broadcast in Animax especially the first episode. Regardless of whether the episode was a filler or not, I was filled with excitement (and still am). I couldn't actually distinguish an (obvious) filler from the ones based on the manga since I had a too immature mind back then.

Without HD space, I was "forced" to watch it in TV. And sadly, the broadcasting stopped. It disappointed me a lot... Almost felt like I was in a breakdown or something but as months passed, it cheered me up a bit.

MANY YEARS LATER: With 200GB space (or probably more than that), we were able to download all the available English subbed anime. I was really happy and watched it in marathon. In a month or two, I was able to watch the entire 500 episodes of Detective Conan. (I had a lot of free time right now, and what can I say, I got addicted.)

After watching the entire anime series, I watched all the Detective Conan movies in one day (or one day and a half). Yeah, I got addicted that badly. :3

After watching the movies, it's now the tearjerking OVA. :lol:

And here I am now, waiting for more Detective Conan episodes, movies, and OVAs (and reading mystery novels all because of Detective Conan).

It had a great impact in my life, positively. :3

My adopted brother (who oddly enough is the same age as me) Watched it a lot and actually translated what was being said to me since then I don't know why but I got hooked.

My adopted brother (who oddly enough is the same age as me) Watched it a lot and actually translated what was being said to me since then I don't know why but I got hooked.

(Wow, how cool to have a not-twin-brother of the same age : D)

Mmm I wouldn't call it an addiction, more or less an intent interest.

However, I do believe I started watching it at midnight on Adult Swim when it first began airing. I can't recall the first episode I watched, nor whether or not I had actually seen the first episode or just later ones at the time. Unfortunately, I stopped watching it for a few years until this year when I noticed on the Funimation on demand there were episodes (and movies--yey!) of Case Closed. I continued to watch them, then got my younger cousins interested as well, then started ordering movies (mom wasn't happy about the bill, ha). After that, I tried to find a decent place for dubbed versions, but since I knew sites better with the subbed versions, I decided to follow that. A friend told me I should read the mangas of things as well, so I also started working on reading the manga (so-o long, not even breached it yet), and thus, I went on with all three -- Case Closed, Detective Conan manga, and Detective Conan anime/movies.

And here I am today.

The effect has been quite nice. I'm steadily trying to solve mysteries, both on the series and when I'm not consumed in them (around the house, outside of it, etc.). I've been interested in CSI and other things of that sort before, so it's been quite the easy step from one to the other and so on. I've always adored action and suspense, and now the mystery genre is just as interesting.

And yes, watching the series and reading the manga really does kill time--that could be used more wisely (like now.. at twelve in the night).

Worth it, for now at least.

I fall in love with this anime first I watched it.

You may not believe me but it was 2 months ago.

Efects of it in live?

It is easier for me to find things, like my younger sister sweets hiding place. If I'm writing new story It is always about detectives.

i've know conan as being my first anime to watch, although i didn't know what was an anime at that time and thought of it as a cartoon instead :lol:

anyway i was watching spacetoon when i was a kid (arabic kids channel) and they were dubbing it to arabic and broadcasting it on their channel, i think they stopped around 300+, a shame really since the dub was excellent, oh well now i'm rewatching it subbed...

for the people who don't know, DC is very popular in saudi arabia!

but sadly not as much as before...

i started watching ever since i was 6 years old till now (which is 16), DC forever!

<3

I was in the bookstore finding good books to read. My favourite series have ended and I have nothing left to read. I am bored with normal comics such as marvel and so decided to choose a manga instead. I bought a pokemon manga together with a case closed vol 28(It was the newest then). After reading them, I felt that dc is much better than pokemon. So, I started buying from the 1st volume until 31 and found out onemanga. I read all the remaining episodes there. Unlike most of you, I started liking dc when I am 10 and I am now still 11.

Haha. Well , I started watching Detective Conan right after I began reading detective novels :) . So.. a couple of years ago? I'm a Conan Fan! Detective Conan affected my life, I guess. I got more interested in Detective novels. & I improved in soccer. lmfaooo. but i was already taking soccer. so yehh.

I got it in Conan about 3 month ago..I have been watching animes almost 3 years so i want to try something new.I haven't watch any detective animes so i did find that there is one good anime.i start watching it and it was just to good..now i wish ep 579 come out soon

for me to watch animes what have more than 200 ep is good job..Mostly i like this anime by dark and murders in it but also how funny can that be

Around two years ago, my friend began reading it in class. It was in Japanese so I couldn't understand it, but it looked interesting so I just flipped through it. Then one day, I was walking through a bookstore, and I somehow spotted it on the shelves and stood there reading it for about an hour. After that, I read pretty much the whole thing.

Ive been reading DC since I was 13, which was around 10 years back.

The first vol that I read was vol 8, borrowed from my classmate since I didnt have anything else to do in class at that time...

....And I kept reading DC, online, until up to this date. N suddenly I realized that Ive been spending half my lifetime following DC, with the full collection of the manga up to vol 63, huge amount of my comp's memory is loaded with its wallpapers n pics, and all its movies...sure enough, Ive spent TONS of money on the anime during these whole years!

Ive been through the ages when I was a younger sister to Shinichi n Ran... been at the same age later... and now Im obviously older than both of them.

Sometimes i wonder if by the time DC comes to its end, I might also read the manga together with my kids?!! Gosh, whadda heck?

I obviously declare i AM addicted to Detective Conan..^_^