Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Unresolved plots in Detective Conan!

yea... The forensics would've known at sight that the blow on the head wasn't close to fatal...It would definitely lead to further investigations....and I wonder, how did the BO conclude Shinichi's death when there wasn't even a corpse! One of the reason might've been the conclusion that SHiho gave the BO in her report but that seems to be impossible to miss, especially with the fact that BO is a professional syndicate....

Hm, I should address this...

First off... Shinichi wouldn't be mentioned. Minors in Japan are left out of the media when involved in a case like that. He would be called "teenager A" or something to that degree. And that is if it even made it to the papers. A high profile case like that would never make it because the police wouldn't let it. Not only that, but Yuusaku and Yukiko wouldn't want it hitting the papers, considering that the head of the Homicide division is a close personal friend of the Kudo family, the BO would have no means to check.

Secondly, bodies are moved by the police. And are not released until positive ID is made or sometimes until the case is solved. And if an unknown method of death was the cause, then they would have to hold the body until that could be determined. So not having a body in this instance is completely natural.

Pisco didn't know Shinichi as far as we know.

I think Pisco might know who Shinichi is, but not know anything else. Shinichi was all over the news papers, so not knowing him means you were blind to the news for a while. However the issue is more whether he knows the situation with Shinichi. We know a team of BO agents went to the Kudo's house to determine he was dead or not twice, and that Shiho went as the head of the project that was used to kill him. However, it would be safe to assume that she was the highest ranked member there. I see no reason why they would use high level BO agents to do simple intel. So the likelihood of him knowing based on that is slim, and Gin doesn't talk about whom he's killed. He probably reported to the boss, and the boss told the science division to investigate. Pisco probably wasn't involved in Shinichi's investigation in the slightest. So while Pisco can make the connection to Shiho, he cannot make any connection to Shinichi, since he has no reason to, nor any knowledge base that would allow him to.

tl;dr: The collective knowledge of the BO's operations is not shared. It seems to be on a need to know basis, and thus Pisco has no reason to make that jump in reasoning considering he probably didn't even know Shinichi was killed using APTX (which would be the only thing linking the two).

I'm not sure if this makes sense but here it goes: When Conan first met Haibara, she told him that she came up with a HYPOTHESIS that Shinichi Kudo has been shrunk after seeing one of the lab mice shrinking instead of dying. Moreover, she said that she had goose bumps at seeing his childhood clothes gone when investigating his house. If it's true that she was trying to make a drug that can make people deage, then shouldn't that be her starting hypothesis? Also, she said that she had never meant to create a poison that kills. I think she was telling the truth since that wouldn't take 50 years and still be in experimental stage. Most likely, the BO used it as an assassination method just because they thought it'd be deadly enough. So here's my question: What is the true purpose of the drug and does it have anything to do with what Itakura couldn't finish for the sake of humanity?

@Kyuu, I replied to you in my original post

So here's my question: What is the true purpose of the drug and does it have anything to do with what Itakura couldn't finish for the sake of humanity?

Checking the thread reference guide, these may be relevant to your interests:

Black Organization's true plan

Itakura's computer program

APTX 4869

@Kyuu, I replied to you in my original post

Checking the thread reference guide, these may be relevant to your interests:

Black Organization's true plan

Itakura's computer program

APTX 4869

Thanks for the references but I'm stll a bit confused. Of course I already looked at some of these but none of them completely satisfied my curiosity. The thing about Itakura was a baseless assumption though, but for Sherry to be considered important to the organization even by Gin himself must mean that APTX really is relevant to their true plan.

Hmm, on the BO working in a decentralized fashion - it seems that the top BO members need Anokata's permission to do everything. It seems to me that the BO works in a centralized fashion, at least from what's revealed in the manga.

/Joins in on the discussion way late

Also, I think I have an unresolved plot - why isn't Shiho telling Shinichi about so many things about the BO? Why did Shiho make such a scary face when Conan found out that Anokata's area code is Tottori's? What did she mean when she said "This is something you don't need to know! If you get any more involved, you will . . ." when Conan first listened to the tapes? (My translation, ha ha.) Why does she freak out so much when Conan finds out more about the BO?

How in the world is Shinichi involved in the BO beyond the fact that Shinichi got given APTX4869? (Vol 42 File 1, as I've listed above, plus Vol 19 File 9.)

I mean, I don't think that Shiho is a bad person (er, at least I don't want to). One possible explanation is that Shiho doesn't want Shinichi to be in any more danger, but that scary face in Vol 46 File 1 creeped me out a little bit. ^^;

I was just browsing through DC manga since i was bored I noticed one thing most of the pairs in DC are childhood friends Shinichi/ran,heiji/kazuha ,aoko/kaito. even Eri/kogoro chiba/whatever here name was.

I think the reason why Ai/Shiho is holding back on info about the BO lies with the producers - they probably don't want to prematurely suck the air out of the series, which would probably happen if Ai were actively disclosing info on the BO to Conan.

I'm most interested in Agasa's plot and relationship with Miyano's family. I can think of thousand possibility, and story is made about coincidence, it will be no surprise if Agasa know them well as he's scientist many years. This can be reason why he choose not to let Shinichi tell. If Watson did heard of Moriarity, Agasa did know something many years ago and been living in Beika beside Kudou's house. It's likely, I thought of many possibility can happen. :)

Hi. In episodes 652-654 (The Design of Poison and Illusion), there was some unresolved thing that I want to ask. Spoiler below.

Kazuha claimed she saw an old person in the bathroom (where she saw "EYE"). Who was that? Was it a part of the optical illusion? Can someone explain? How come it was never explained at the last part? Aghh, I can't sleep with this one. Please help!

Hi. In episodes 652-654 (The Design of Poison and Illusion), there was some unresolved thing that I want to ask. Spoiler below.

Kazuha claimed she saw an old person in the bathroom (where she saw "EYE"). Who was that? Was it a part of the optical illusion? Can someone explain? How come it was never explained at the last part? Aghh, I can't sleep with this one. Please help!

It was the murderer dressed up.

It was the murderer dressed up.

Actually i was thinking it ws the maid dressed up. Now im considering....

that it was kid. It would explain why kid owed conan one in the new manga file.

Actually i was thinking it ws the maid dressed up. Now im considering....

that it was kid. It would explain why kid owed conan one in the new manga file.

Hattori accused the secretary of being the person who called him out in 75-2 (786) pg 11. She hadn't confessed quite yet when that part of the accusation happened, but she certainly didn't correct him later when she did confess.

Kid owes Conan for letting him go during the Ryoma case and the nasty knockout at the Kirin heist at least.

Not really sure if this can be counted as an "unresolved mystery", but in Vol. 41, File 423, Page 11 (The bathroom tape case), the character Ukihiko Zaitsu mentioned that when Atsushi Miyano came back with his family (20 years ago), "it looked like he had something very important" to tell Souhei Dejima (the victim - Atsushi's childhood friend) and "stayed overnight" to wait for him (but he didn't return).

In the anime version subbed by DCTP, the line is: "It seemed he had something important to discuss with you. And, in the end, stayed for an entire day before leaving. He said the president might come back soon."

So the question is, what exactly is this "something important" that Atsushi had to wait for his friend to come back and talk to him in person instead of discussing it with everyone else ? (Those people said that he didn't say anything special at the time, this part was in the manga too.) Does it have something to do with the Silver Bullet/APTX project ? Since the victim was Atsushi's childhood friend, it's likely that he would share some info. with him.

Also, it's worth noting that they're being watched by the Org. as there was a car outside the house, Atsushi probably knew about this because he kept looking out the window (also in the manga).

Added to the list!

Hello. I am new so I do not know how to correctly post and what not, but I do have questions that I consider to be inconsistencies or plot holes in the Detective Conan series. Hopefully any of you who can view this post will be able to answer my questions.

1. If Shinichi is considered to be dead by the Black Organization, then how come everyone else knows he is alive? For example, Ran, Kogoro, the Police Force, and society in general knows. This notice came clear to me when I watched the episode where Shinichi and Heiji are invited to go on a Halloween-like Costume party Cruise. I don't remember what that episode is called but I hope you guys can tell me what it is as well.

2. In a recent episode(I think a special Kaito Kid episode 8), Kaito Kid protects the Red Tear and etc. from the "Magic Kaito Organization" (I think that is right). If that organization supposedly killed Kaito's father, then how come they don't show any suspicion of why another Kaito Kid is alive? I mean, they apparently know they killed his dad, so they can put two and two together and make out that it is his son, right? I don't know, but I just haven't seen them realize that yet.

Alright thanks for answering my questions.

I still think that even though Shinichi tries to keep his existence a secret, but it would seem like a far-reaching attempt.

Although there are few people who knows he is Shinichi, and tries to keep the Police from revealing him in public, I believe that society would take notice to his apparently death and missing.

A famous detective just dies/goes missing without any public notice? Surely people would realize and question about it. This would seem evident especially when there are times when he reveals himself in public in his Shinichi form.

I know it is an Anime, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, do you know the episode where Conan meets the FBI for the first time?

And I also find it unlikely for the FBI to operate in Japan. I kind of understand why the followed Vermouth to Japan but, wouldn't the CIA or any international service do that?

k, thanks.

If Shinichi is considered to be dead by the Black Organization, then how come everyone else knows he is alive? For example, Ran, Kogoro, the Police Force, and society in general knows.

That's Conan mistake. After Conan use Shinichi to solve case he tell those people not to involve him with the case report but a selective few know he is alive.

In Episode 84-85 for example. A reporter say he heard a rumor that's Shinichi was dead. Ran want to correct him since she know he is alive but Conan stop him. That's seem to be the general perception of the social. (He's rumor to be dead)

This notice came clear to me when I watched the episode where Shinichi and Heiji are invited to go on a Halloween-like Costume party Cruise

The one who invite Shinichi is Vermouth, a Black organization member who know he is alive and know he is Conan, but doesn't want to reveal it to anyone due to various reasons. She doesn't want to involve Shinichi/Conan in this case. She invites him just to get him out of the picture while she try to capture Haibara. Heiji wasn't invite. Conan send him in his place as a double.

The episode number is 345 by the way.

2 Didn't watch Magic kaitou.

3 Your text seem to be cut of as I don't understand much. Subaru is Akai seem to be the most reasonable theory but in my opinion is not an official reveal yet. I still believe said theory anyway.

Try edit your first post. Do not double post if possible.

Conan disguises himself as Haibara to fool Vermouth

That's also ep 345.

another question.

it might be unrelated or what but i wanna know you're opinions.

Do you think the Black Organization Conan is going after is the same Organization as Kaito Kid is after?

. I think at some point they are.

HAHA.

another question.

it might be unrelated or what but i wanna know you're opinions.

Do you think the Black Organization Conan is going after is the same Organization as Kaito Kid is after?

. I think at some point they are.

HAHA.

No, Gosho went on record saying this wasn't so. He is keeping the two organizations separate. Whether it is so he can continue with Magic Kaitou, or just to forgo any unnecessary confusion, he made this point quite clear.

There seems to be some bizarre things going on with the links after the switch to the new forum. I tried to edit the first post and some things appeared to have been deleted. If you recall something that has been deleted, please let me know.

I have three questions: 

- Does Amuro know that Conan is the shrunken Shinichi and that Haibara is the shrunken Sherry? And if he does, why hasn't he reported that to Anokata?

- In the Head to Head Match with the BO (the showdown with Vermouth), I remember that Akai was somewhat surprised that Calvados still had a gun that he used to kill himself. I mean, Akai is an FBI agent, he is supposed to know the spots where guns may be hidden. Do you think there is more to Calvados Death?

- After Kir has been captured by the FBI and Gin was discussing that in the car with Vodka, he says that it's okay because they have connections everywhere and that they will find her in no time. Does this imply that the BO have undercover agents in the FBI?

Okay...I haven't been much updated with DC recently, been busy with school and stuff~

Just wanted to ask: Is Ai aware of the fact that Akai is Okiya?

Okay...I haven't been much updated with DC recently, been busy with school and stuff~

Just wanted to ask: Is Ai aware of the fact that Akai is Okiya?

She seems to be suspecting because Moroboshi Dai (the name she knew Akai as) and Okiya say similar things. She tried to take off Okiya's scarf presumably to see what was underneath (Voice changer? Scar? Tattoo? Unique jewelery? there are lots of theories). However, after the train case she demanded Conan tell her know who he was, but Conan only replied with he is an ally. Maybe she is guessing Okiya is Dai, but she isn't sure.

I have three questions:

- Does Amuro know that Conan is the shrunken Shinichi and that Haibara is the shrunken Sherry? And if he does, why hasn't he reported that to Anokata?

- In the Head to Head Match with the BO (the showdown with Vermouth), I remember that Akai was somewhat surprised that Calvados still had a gun that he used to kill himself. I mean, Akai is an FBI agent, he is supposed to know the spots where guns may be hidden. Do you think there is more to Calvados Death?

- After Kir has been captured by the FBI and Gin was discussing that in the car with Vodka, he says that it's okay because they have connections everywhere and that they will find her in no time. Does this imply that the BO have undercover agents in the FBI?

Amuro seems to know Conan is the puppet master behind sleeping Kogoro, but it isn't clear that he knows Conan is Shinichi. No one has talked about Shinichi in front of him yet. He definitely doesn't know Haibara is Sherry. I am guessing that he doesn't know either identity yet, although he may figure out Shinichi's soon.

I don't think there is more to Calvados' death. Copy pasta from DCTP:

He [Akai] was in a hurry. Calavados was shooting at Ran moments before. In the time it took Vermouth to yell at Ran to let go of Ai, Akai disabled Calvados and disarmed him as best he could then rushed to get to Jodie. I would assume it's easy to miss something when rushing like that.

The pocket pistol Calvados used was small, so it would be easy to miss.

I don't think the Org has undercover agents in the FBI. Remember they didn't know Kir was in a hospital until Vermouth questioned the child and even then they didn't know which one until they sent out agents. A spy in the FBI should be able to feed them that info. (Unless the spy was in a completely different branch of the FBI that had no idea what the Japan branch is doing - which would be pretty useless.) Same goes for which van Rena was in. At the strategy meeting, all the FBI learned Camel was going to drive the van with Rena but Gin still had to deduce which one was the right van. Lastly, Conan spoke in front of all the FBI during the strategy meeting, yet nothing bad seems to have happened to Conan later.

Not sure if this is a plot hole, but I've always wondered a few things:

Kir

- It was stated that Kir managed to impress Anokata with her acting by killing her father. So, if Anokata is impressed, why can't Kir reveal more information about the org. One thing I'm really curious abut is how no one knew the real name of BO, even though Kir is in it. It's sort of weird how you're infiltrating a company that you don't even know its name.

- Is Kir still under surveillance after so long? She hasn't appeared in quite a while.

BO in general

- What do they do outside of missions and most of the times when they don't appear in episodes? Vermouth used to work as Sharon Vineyard. Akemi led a normal life while Sherry had to stay coped up in the lab. How about Gin, Vodka, the current Vermouth, Chianti, Korn and most importantly Kir? Does anyone still recognise her as Mizureshi Rena?

I have a question, as far as I know Ai can make an antidote for the drug that was given to Kudo and it can last only 24 hours, so why doesn't she keep making it? in some episode I remember she lost the data or whatever [ Does anyone know which episode is that?], was that data related to the drug or something? and if she did lose the data, how come in another episode she made an antidote [ Does anyone know which episode is that?]? also in OVA 9 she made an antidote for him.

---------------------------------------

"Okay...I haven't been much updated with DC recently, been busy with school and stuff~

Just wanted to ask: Is Ai aware of the fact that Akai is Okiya?"

Can you please tell me where is that shown?! thanks!, it's my first time hearing this, because I have just started to read the manga (started from last chapter).