Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

He was the only guy? :P

That's actually the right answer. But the nametag could've worked too. :P

A man who wanted a drink walked into a bar. Just as he was about to open the door, he fell unconsicious.

Why did he pass out?

Here is a riddle that requires some thinking...

After his death, a man encounters a gateway that has two large doors at the end. One of the doors leads to Heaven, and one of the doors leads to Hell. Each door has its own guardian. The "Guardian of Heavenly Truths" always tells the truth, and protects the door to Heaven. The "Guardian of Hellish Lies" always tells lies and protects the door to Hell. Both of the doors look exactly the same, and both of the guardians look exactly the same. In order to figure out which door leads to Heaven, the man has to ask only one question, a yes-or-no question, to one guardian of his choice. Afterwards, he has to choose which door he must permanently enter. The man smiles and asks a random guardian a yes-or-no question. With confidence, the man ends up choosing the door that leads to heaven.

What question did the man ask one of the guardians?

Nope, you guys are wrong. :P

Hint: Read the riddle again and think outside of the box. ;)

@AJ M. : Ask any guy if they are a man. If the man says no, go through the other door. If yes, go through that door.

what would the other person tell me

i read this riddle before

example, if heaven equals left, then the guardian of truth would tell them that the other person would tell him right

the guardian of lies knows the guardian of truth would tell them left so he lies and says right

therefore, you would go to the left door

After his death, a man encounters a gateway that has two large doors at the end. One of the doors leads to Heaven, and one of the doors leads to Hell. Each door has its own guardian. The "Guardian of Heavenly Truths" always tells the truth, and protects the door to Heaven. The "Guardian of Hellish Lies" always tells lies and protects the door to Hell. Both of the doors look exactly the same, and both of the guardians look exactly the same. In order to figure out which door leads to Heaven, the man has to ask only one question, a yes-or-no question, to one guardian of his choice. Afterwards, he has to choose which door he must permanently enter. The man smiles and asks a random guardian a yes-or-no question. With confidence, the man ends up choosing the door that leads to heaven.

I answered this before. :P

What will the other guardian say if I'll ask him/her where this door leads? :P

ARGHH!! I heard the same riddle somewhere before but it was about two twin gnomes and a road that split in two but I forgot the answer... Okay *thinks for a while* Is the question "What would the other guardian reply to me if I were to ask them if they were the Guardian of Heavenly Truths ?" So if he asked the Guardian of Heavenly Truths they will tell the truth and say "Yes" which would be the LIE of the Guardian of Hellish Lies. If the man asks the Guardian of Hellish Lies they will lie and say "No", which would be the OPPOSITE of the truth that the Guardian of Heavenly Truths would say. Two lies would cancel each other out. Phew. I hope you know this took my about half an hour to solve.

I answered this before. :P

What will the other guardian say if I'll ask him/her where this door leads? :P

See, that's the answer to the original riddle. But for this one, you have to ask a yes or no question :P Try again!

Nope, you guys are wrong. :P

Hint: Read the riddle again and think outside of the box. ;)

@AJ M. : Ask any guy if they are a man. If the man says no, go through the other door. If yes, go through that door.

But I never said the guardian was a man :P Let's just assume that they are genderless

what would the other person tell me

i read this riddle before

example, if heaven equals left, then the guardian of truth would tell them that the other person would tell him right

the guardian of lies knows the guardian of truth would tell them left so he lies and says right

therefore, you would go to the left door

The guardians can only answer "yes" or "no" though.

ARGHH!! I heard the same riddle somewhere before but it was about two twin gnomes and a road that split in two but I forgot the answer... Okay *thinks for a while* Is the question "What would the other guardian reply to me if I were to ask them if they were the Guardian of Heavenly Truths ?" So if he asked the Guardian of Heavenly Truths they will tell the truth and say "Yes" which would be the LIE of the Guardian of Hellish Lies. If the man asks the Guardian of Hellish Lies they will lie and say "No", which would be the OPPOSITE of the truth that the Guardian of Heavenly Truths would say. Two lies would cancel each other out. Phew. I hope you know this took my about half an hour to solve.

That is the right answer for the original riddle. (Which didn't specify using only yes-or-no questions) But it's wrong for this one.

Remember guys that it has to be a yes-or-no question.

I'm not paying attention...-_-:P

How about this?

Do the two door leads to Heavenly Truths?or Do the two door leads to Hellish Lies? If the answer is no then the guardian you asked must be the Guardian of Heavenly Truths but if he/she says yes then it's obvious it's the Guardian of Hellish Lies.

I'm not paying attention...-_-:P

How about this?

Do the two door leads to Heavenly Truths?or Do the two door leads to Hellish Lies? If the answer is no then the guardian you asked must be the Guardian of Heavenly Truths but if he/she says yes then it's obvious it's the Guardian of Hellish Lies.

Correct! Now that I realize it, theres multiple answers to this question... You could even ask does 1+1=2? :P

Hahaha!!! I asked this question before :P

Hahaha!!! I asked this question before :P

Oh sorry :P Ive heard this riddle before but I changed it up a bit so that you have to think of a yes ir no question rather than just any question.

i have no freaking idea. I give up.

Moonlight Magician already solved the riddle.

Now... Here are some equation riddles for you guys...

[1] (Easy) A, B, C and D are single-digit numbers.

The following equations can all be made with these numbers.

A + C = D

A x B = C

C - B = B

A x 4 = D

Find the values of each digit and input your answer as a four-digit number ABCD

ABCD = ????

[2] (Intermediate) How do you make the equation below (which has roman numeral numbers) true without taking away, adding, or rearranging anything?:

I+XI=X

[3] (Hard) What is unique about the equation below?

11+2=12+1