Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

Hmmm... what if there were 10 hats that were black ,and ten that were red? Then the last guy would have to count.

And say if he counted, idk, 9 red hats and 10 black ones, he would say "red", because the hat on his head would be red then.

The second to last guy would see 18 hats. If the 20th person had a red hat, there would only be 9 red hats and 10 black hats left. So if the second guy saw 9 red and black hats, he would know his hat was black. Of course, it could be the other way around; the 20th person might have a black hat, etc.

The third person would know there are 9 red and black hats. If he counted 8 black hats, he would know the hat on his head would be black.

And so on. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but am I at least on the right track? :blink:

Hmmm... what if there were 10 hats that were black ,and ten that were red? Then the last guy would have to count.

And say if he counted, idk, 9 red hats and 10 black ones, he would say "red", because the hat on his head would be red then.

The second to last guy would see 18 hats. If the 20th person had a red hat, there would only be 9 red hats and 10 black hats left. So if the second guy saw 9 red and black hats, he would know his hat was black. Of course, it could be the other way around; the 20th person might have a black hat, etc.

The third person would know there are 9 red and black hats. If he counted 8 black hats, he would know the hat on his head would be black.

And so on. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but am I at least on the right track? :blink:

:P They wouldnt know how many hats there were from the start. There could be 19 black hats or just 1 black hat.

Since this is getting long XD I shall give a hint :P

BIG HINT:

There will be at most one death. There will be at least 19 survivors. :)

This will be very hard for I to explaine, my english is so bad! <_<

But I thought this throughly. The objective of the 20th prisoner is to find the equality of the hats. If there are an even number of black hats, he says black. If there are even red hats, he says red. This person could die, though, he would get lucky to live.

The 19th person would find the parity of the hats also, if he sees even number of black hats, he will know his hat is red.

The 18th person will need to recall what the two people before said. Since the first person had said black, and the second said red, the third would know that:

I. When the first prisoner called, there was an even number for black hats.

II. When the second prisoner called, it was red, so then there is still an even number of black hats.

So then, if the third prisoner sees an odd number of black hats he shall know his hat is black. If not so then his hat would be red.

I believe it gets harder each person down the line, it will be harder to recall.

Is this correct?

• Upvote 1

This will be very hard for I to explaine, my english is so bad! <_<

But I thought this throughly. The objective of the 20th prisoner is to find the equality of the hats. If there are an even number of black hats, he says black. If there are even red hats, he says red. This person could die, though, he would get lucky to live.

The 19th person would find the parity of the hats also, if he sees even number of black hats, he will know his hat is red.

The 18th person will need to recall what the two people before said. Since the first person had said black, and the second said red, the third would know that:

I. When the first prisoner called, there was an even number for black hats.

II. When the second prisoner called, it was red, so then there is still an even number of black hats.

So then, if the third prisoner sees an odd number of black hats he shall know his hat is black. If not so then his hat would be red.

I believe it gets harder each person down the line, it will be harder to recall.

Is this correct?

It's close!!!!!! But you got the idea already.

You do realise, that the 20th person can only see 19 hats... So its ODD.

What if all hats are black/red? What will the 20th person say???? :P

SO, the correct answer... is to say the ODD number of hats (instead of even). Cuz in 19, no matter how you split, one colour WILL DEFINITELY be ODD and the other will DEFINITELY be EVEN --> NO MATTER HOW ITS SPLIT. :)

So, the 19th person will see if he can see the odd numbered hats. If he counted them to be odd, he can be sure his hat is NOT that colour because IF his hat is THAT COLOUR, then the 20th person would not have counted an ODD number. So, by alternating Odd and even, the rest of the 19 people will be able to know the colour of their hats :)

WELL DONE for getting to this point though :D

Alright. Here's one, it's even related to DC (kind of):

Katio Kid is having an issue. On top of an abandoned building, he is having a showdown with a robot Kid who is trying to take over the world, starting with killing the real Katio Kid. Both are armed with a gun that shoots cards. However, the robot has several addiontal weapons, including missiles that shoot out of his stomach, etc.

The robot shoots Katio Kid in the arm, making it impossibe for Kid to flee. Kid's gun is completely empty of cards. The robot says that since he is a clone of Kid, he can predict Kid's every move and beat him to it 4 seconds before Kid can. That is to say, that if Kid tried to throw the gun at the robot, the robot would do it 4 seconds before Kid.

In the end, Kid must destroy the robot. He is void of other weapons. So how does he do it?

Kid will point the gun(Fake Gun) to his self.I'm sure robots will also do it before Kid -_-"

You already knew, didn't you?? O.o" Oh well, here's rep.

What are the next three letters in this pattern ? (Idk if this counts as a riddle)

O T T F F S _ _ _

You already knew, didn't you?? O.o" Oh well, here's rep.

What are the next three letters in this pattern ? (Idk if this counts as a riddle)

O T T F F S _ _ _

I didn't encounter that riddle but it's very easy to think :)

EDIT: +_ you forgot the ten :P

CORRECT!! :D NICE JOB, MM-KUN!!

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!! You know where I heard this?

I was sitting at a table in a restaurant, and a guy and his wife was at the table next to us. I was telling riddles to my family, and he heard all of them. He came over and gave me this riddle. :P

Here are some basic riddles I've heard before... So try to answer them :)

1. The man who built it, doesn't want it. The man who wants it, doesn't need it. The man who needs it, doesn't know it. What is "it"?

2. What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

3. What is a 10-letter word that you can type only using the first row of letters on a typewriter?

4. What two words have the most letters?

5. "Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs!" What's unique about this sentence?

1.Coffin

2.Letter "e"

3.You fail to give riddles. "typewriter"

4.Dictionary?Thesaurus?

5.All alphabet letters have in that sentence.

You got 1, 2, 3, and 5 right. #4 was "post office". And yes I put "typewriter" in riddle #3 on purpose... I know these riddles are a bit elementary but there are some ppl out there that are a little slow :P