Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

Then answer the rant please. :V did he catch 4 fishes?

I answered the "4 fishes" part with No. I didn't say anything about the rant.

Also, with the, "It isn't zero though" part, I really meant No to all of the attempts to solve the question. Again, I didn't say if you were right ir wrong.

Oh gee, what a brilliant way to ignore by doing the opposite. :3 I lost hope for myself, I hadn't explicitly stated zero as an answer xD

Ah yes. I thought you wouldn't post anymore, and in that timeframe, I could edit the post and put a riddle. But I do love ironies :3

----------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for Math riddles :V But I swear! You don't have to have a super deep understanding of geometry to answer this! :V (Plus I can't post this in the Math Thread, because it doesn't really have much Math in it :3)

Section 1: Math-Logic stuff

You have 3 identical bricks and a ruler. How to you get the diagonal of one brick? 

Note: diagonal: line connecting two points not on the same face

The soccer problem! I'm very surprised no one has posted a variation of it! 

Four football teams A,B,C, and D are undergoing their single round-robin tournament. Here are the stats for some of the completed games:

Team

Number of matches played

Number of wins

Number of losses

Number of draws

Number of goals scored

Number of goals conceded

A

B

C

What are the stats of Team D?

Section 2: Non-Math stuff

Among the 4 men David, Peter, Daniel and Andrew, one is a teacher, one is a salesman, one is a laborer and one is an office worker. Based on the information below, try to determine the occupation of each man:

1. David and Peter are neighbors and commute together every day.

2. Peter is older than Daniel.

3. David teaches Andrew jujitsu.

4. The teacher walks to school everyday.

5. The salesman's neighbor is not an office worker.

6. The office worker and the laborer have never met.

7. The office worker is older than both the salesman and the laborer.

A.B,C,D and E took part in a chess contest. Four spectators made some predictions:

1 said, "E will be 3rd and A will be 4th."

2 said, "A will be 3rd and B will be 1st."

3 said, "B will be 4th and E will be 2nd."

4 said, "D will be 1st and C will be 3rd."

When the chess contest ended, they found out they had each made one correct prediction. Rank the contestants from 1st to 5th.

Solutions please! Even if you said the correct answer, but you didn't present any solution, I won't declare it right :)

I'm particularly interested in who will get the soccer problem...

Ah yes. I thought you wouldn't post anymore, and in that timeframe, I could edit the post and put a riddle. But I do love ironies :3

----------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for Math riddles :V But I swear! You don't have to have a super deep understanding of geometry to answer this! :V (Plus I can't post this in the Math Thread, because it doesn't really have much Math in it :3)

Section 1: Math-Logic stuff

You have 3 identical bricks and a ruler. How to you get the diagonal of one brick? 

Note: diagonal: line connecting two points not on the same face

The soccer problem! I'm very surprised no one has posted a variation of it! 

Four football teams A,B,C, and D are undergoing their single round-robin tournament. Here are the stats for some of the completed games:

Team

Number of matches played

Number of wins

Number of losses

Number of draws

Number of goals scored

Number of goals conceded

A

B

%0

Hahaha

Let's do one by one.

Section 1:

a)

Supposing we want the length of AB.

Measure the diagonal of the long face of the brick (some CB). Then measure the breadth (some AC).

Then use Pythagoras theorem to solve for the hypotenuse.

Something like that?

B)

D stats 3 1 2 0 8

But...if you're going to have to measure the brick why not just measure the diagonal? Or is it really hard to measure diagonal? :mellow: 

@AL- Did you read the note? The diagonal (the line that connects two points not on the same face) runs through the interior of the brick, so it would impossible for you to measure it.

Oh, I thought it meant on the surface of the brick. *opens maths book* *sees 2D figure with not explanation of diagonal, only statement is to find x* ...some places should not be compromised on in education. ¬_¬

Well then you either slice a brick open diagonally and measure it or you just stick two bricks together and then......well place one brick on any of those bricks (please use super glue so bricks don't move). Now if we suppose that there is an imaginary brick on the single brick compared to the stack of 2, we can easily measure the distance through that imaginary brick because it doesn't exist but there are three other known bricks which provide the dimensions for us. Like from the top of brick stacked on top of one brick, passing through the imaginary brick with ends at the top of the brick with the imaginary brick on top of it. That way we'll have the diagonal of the imaginary brick. And the imaginary brick is dictated by the other solid bricks so its' diagonal will always be equal provided that given three bricks are 100% congruent. Did you get all that? OTL

^I got it, and it's correct.

EDIT: The 2nd one! Not the 1st one! Slicing it diagonally and measuring it would be the same as just measuring the diagonal of a face. And no, no need for superglue. The probability of the bricks moving is almost 0.

Possibility of bricks moving when I'm measuring them? I was once slipping sliced potatoes into a pan with hot oil and God decided to send an Earthquake all of a sudden, so I wouldn't be sure. :P