Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

Lol, I just dropped by out of curiosity hehe. Interesting riddles there. Let's see...

R: Red

G: Green

Scenario 1

A: RR

B: RR

C: GG --> C would know right away

Scenario 1 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 2

B: GG

C: RG or RR or GG --> But it can only be RG or else A would have guessed RR if C had GG or B would have guessed GG if C had RR

Scenario 2 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 3

A: RG

B: RG

C: RG or RR or GG --> But it can't be RR nor GG or else A would have guessed that, if B has RG and C has RR for example, he/she can only have RG and NOT RR (cause there would be 5 R then) and NOT GG either or B would see GG on A and C having RR, we go back to scenario 2 where B would be C and would have to have RG.

Considering the above scenario, C would ultimately guess that it has RG if B says nothing. Therefore, scenario 3 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 4

C: RG or GG --> If C had RG, B would know he/she either has RG or GG (thus B isn't sure). Same for A who isn't sure if he/she has RR or GG or RG. Since both A and B are unsure (and don't say anything), this means C, who also has two choices (RG or GG) is unsure as well. We learn that C does have RG then or we would fall under scenario 2 and B would have known.

Thus, in this round, C doesn't know from the first round what he/she has.

Now comes round 2. Since A has three choices, and neither B nor C answered in the first round, A can eliminate the fact that it has RG (or it'd be like scenario 3). A would know he/she doesn't have GG if C had GG and would guess he/she has RR. Since A doesn't say anything, this means C has RG. If that's the case, A would still hesitate between RR or GG and wouldn't say anything.

Now it's B's turn again. Since A said nothing and B can see that A has RR and C has RG from above, B can eliminate the possibility of having GG or C would have guessed from the first round that he/she had RG (ref scenario 2). The only possibility that remains is RG! B can then simply say "Red and Green"!

Note that it would also work if A had GG instead of RR. The same thinking process would have occured and B would have ultimately guessed that he/she has Red-Green stamps!

• Upvote 2

What a hard riddle... It's like deducting

1st turn

A=red stamp

B=red stamp

C=green stamp but didn't answer the first turn so NO

A=green stamp but didn't answer the first turn so NO

B=red stamp

C=red stamp

A=green stamp

B=red stamp but didn't answer the first turn so NO

C=green stamp

A=green stamp

B=red stamp

C=*confused* he must have the green-red stamp

2nd turn

A=*Confused* he must have the green-red stamp

B=reach the conclusion that he also have green-red stamp

:D

• Upvote 1

No that's not the correct answer

You will describe each numbers or repeated numbers

1 will be one 1

3 will be one 3

11 will be two 1

222 will be three 2

1 will be one 1 again.

for short it will be like this>>1113213211 if this will continue>31131211131221

I agree with Maurice, but I solved it later than him. Red-Green, because if Person A had Green-Green or Red-Red and if Person C had Green-Green or Red-Red, then Person B could only have Red-Green. I didn't use the hints, just drew it all out.

Lol, I just dropped by out of curiosity hehe. Interesting riddles there. Let's see...

R: Red

G: Green

Scenario 1

B: RR

C: GG --> C would know right away

Scenario 1 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 2

B: GG

C: RG or RR or GG --> But it can only be RG or else A would have guessed RR if C had GG or B would have guessed GG if C had RR

Scenario 2 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 3

A: RG

C: RG or RR or GG --> But it can't be RR nor GG or else A would have guessed that, if B has RG and C has RR for example, he/she can only have RG and NOT RR (cause there would be 5 R then) and NOT GG either or B would see GG on A and C having RR, we go back to scenario 2 where B would be C and would have to have RG.

Considering the above scenario, C would ultimately guess that it has RG if B says nothing. Therefore, scenario 3 is not possible or C would know right from the first round.

Scenario 4

C: RG or GG --> If C had RG, B would know he/she either has RG or GG (thus B isn't sure). Same for A who isn't sure if he/she has RR or GG or RG. Since both A and B are unsure (and don't say anything), this means C, who also has two choices (RG or GG) is unsure as well. We learn that C does have RG then or we would fall under scenario 2 and B would have known.

Thus, in this round, C doesn't know from the first round what he/she has.

Now comes round 2. Since A has three choices, and neither B nor C answered in the first round, A can eliminate the fact that it has RG (or it'd be like scenario 3). A would know he/she doesn't have GG if C had GG and would guess he/she has RR. Since A doesn't say anything, this means C has RG. If that's the case, A would still hesitate between RR or GG and wouldn't say anything.

Now it's B's turn again. Since A said nothing and B can see that A has RR and C has RG from above, B can eliminate the possibility of having GG or C would have guessed from the first round that he/she had RG (ref scenario 2). The only possibility that remains is RG! B can then simply say "Red and Green"!

Note that it would also work if A had GG instead of RR. The same thinking process would have occured and B would have ultimately guessed that he/she has Red-Green stamps!

Thats right! Wonderful!

Id never had a difficult puzzle solved in one day in DCW before O.O !!!

Maurice you are great o.o

That's right people! I'll proceed to explain this riddle! (Not that Maurice's answer had any problems... But if you dont understand his answer, maybe you might want to look at mine for a longer but step by step explanation.)

LETS ASSUME YOU ARE B in the GAME.

---------------------------------

OK. YOu are B.

You assume you have two of the same colour(no matter what colour).

Lets take red-red then.

If you had red-red, what will A see then? This would be his view:

B:red-red

C:something

right?

So you can assume this is definitely not what he will see:

B:red-red C:red-red

This is not the case, because since there are only 4 reds, and all of them are used, A will DEFINITELY KNOW that his is green-green.

But A does not know!. It rules out C having red-red.

So can A see this? B:red-red C:green-green?/red-green

Possible. In this case, A will not know what is his stamps, so he will pass.

#1: Possibilities

B:red-red C:green-green/green-red

Now, lets look at C's point of view.

A:Something

We all know that A cannot be red-red as well if not C will know that she is green-green. So that is out. Can this happen then? :

A:green-green

Well, this could happen, but if this happened, C would think:

We negated the possibility that I was red-red because A would have known A is green-green immediately.

We can now also negate the possibility that I am green-green since B would have known he is red-red.

What's left now is that I am green-red.

And C WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT HE WAS green-red!!!!!

But why didnt he know?! Thats because A is NOT green-green!!!!!

#2: possibilities

A: green-red B:red-red C:green-green/green-red

(Since A cannot be red-red or green-green)

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?!?!?! Not yet?! Let me explain :P

If B IS red-red, the ONLY POSSIBLE COMBINATION that A would have DURING HIS SECOND TURN is he had red-green!

THE OUTCOME WOULD BE THE SAME IF B HAD GREEN-GREEN.

By the process of elimination, we know that B COULD NOT HAVE HAD red-red OR green-green, SO the only POSSIBLE CONCLUSION LEFT is that B had red-green.

WELL DONE TO THOSE WHO GOT IT!

kekeke

@Maurice: UPPED YOUR POST! Great job!

What a hard riddle... It's like deducting

1st turn

A=red stamp

B=red stamp

C=green stamp but didn't answer the first turn so NO

A=green stamp but didn't answer thefirst turn so NO

B=red stamp

C=red stamp

A=green stamp

B=red stamp but didn't answer the first turn so NO

C=green stamp

A= green stamp

B=red stamp

C=*confused* he must have the green-red stamp

*since C cannot be greengreen or redred*

*BUT SINCE C DID NOT ANSWER --> goes to show that A cannot be green-green or red red*

2nd turn

A=*Confused* he must have the green-red stamp *Since we negated everything he could have in the above turn.But since they are negated already... why didnt A know that he was green-green?????*

B=reach the conclusion that he also have green-red stamp*That was because B was never RED-RED to start with!!!! :) This goes for GREEN-GREEN as well!!!*

You got the answer to green red stamp >_< But erm, Im a little confused over your explanation... I'll take it that green stamp = green-green and red stamp= red-red then. XD

The flow is correct as well SO IM going to take that as the right answer too! GREAT JOB!!!!

kekeke.. then lets have a traditional part by part riddle :P

SWINDLECANTS and HONESTANT

PART 1:

These are typical logic problems which can be solved by using classic logic operations.

There are two kinds of people on a mysterious island. There are so-called Honestants who speak always the truth, and the others are Swindlecants who always lie.

Three fellows (A, B and C) are having a quarrel at the market. A gringo goes by and asks the A fellow: "Are you an Honestant or a Swindlecant?" The answer is incomprehensible so the gringo asks B: "What did A say?" B answers: "A said that he is a Swindlecant." And to that says the fellow C: "Do not believe B, he is lying!" Who is B and C?

If A is true a swindlecant then that would make B an honestant and if B is an honestant then that would make C a swindlecant.

If A is an honestant then B would be a swindlecant and that would make C an honestant.

B can also be swindlecant because why would B know that A is a swindlecant if A's answer is incomprehensible? And that would make C an honestant.

If A is true a swindlecant then that would make B an honestant and if B is an honestant then that would make C a swindlecant.

If A is an honestant then B would be a swindlecant and that would make C an honestant.

B can also be swindlecant because why would B know that A is a swindlecant if A's answer is incomprehensible? And that would make C an honestant.

Take note of what A said? :P

Lets assume what B said is true, and

A said he is a swindlecant. So what is A?

Assuming that B is telling the truth holds no logic...

If A is an Honestant, he would have said that he was an Honestant. If he were a Swindlecant, he still would have said that he was an Honestant, because they always lie.

So whether he was Honestant or Swindlecant, A had to have said that he was an Honestant, which makes B a Swindlecant and C also an Honestant.

• Upvote 1

Take note of what A said? :P

Lets assume what B said is true, and

A said he is a swindlecant. So what is A?

Ahh I misunderstand it :D I thought that B is the one who said that A is a swindlecant

If A is indeed a swindlecant he should lie and state that he is honestant.

If A is indeed an honestant he should tell the truth and state that he is an honestant.

So we conclude that A can be either the Honestant or the Swindlecant.

B must be a swindlecant because A stated that he is a swindlecant making him either the honestant or the swindlecant.

So if B is a swindlecant then C will be the honestant.

• Upvote 1

Ahh I misunderstand it :D I thought that B is the one who said that A is a swindlecant

If A is indeed an honestant he should tell the truth and state that he is an honestant.

B must be a swindlecant because A stated that he is a swindlecant making him either the honestant or the swindlecant.

haha you are a little late, Ive already revealed the answer :P if you came in earlier, you might get the point :P kekeke

Try the new one! XD

Where did you reveal?Where's the new one? Out of nowhere?

Oh wait... I didnt give a new one?!??!?! grr I was sure I posted it <_< ok... I shall repost again.. kekeke

Assuming that B is telling the truth holds no logic...

If A is an Honestant, he would have said that he was an Honestant. If he were a Swindlecant, he still would have said that he was an Honestant, because they always lie.

So whether he was Honestant or Swindlecant, A had to have said that he was an Honestant, which makes B a Swindlecant and C also an Honestant.

OH AND GOOD JOB TO BOTH SHIN-CHAN and KITE-CHAN. UPPED YOUR REPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

*thinks*I wish someone could up my REP as well cuz im not answering my own questions XD

*thinks to herself: Im lazy to retype the solution again.*

Their answers are correct, so just refer to theirs!!! XD

Honestants and Swindlecants II

PART 2:

Afterwards he meets another two aborigines. One says: "I am a Swindlecant or the other one is an Honestant."

Who are they?

• Upvote 1

I think they're both swindlecants because if A is an honestant then why would he state that he is a swindlecant if he is telling the truth."The other one is an honestant" is also a lie because A is already a swindlecant that's always lying....so they are both swindlecants.

But what I'm bothered is the word "OR" It's better to use "AND" instead of OR<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

I think they're both swindlecants because if A is an honestant then why would he state that he is a swindlecant if he is telling the truth."The other one is an honestant" is also a lie because A is already a swindlecant that's always lying....so they are both swindlecants.

But what I'm bothered is the word "OR" It's better to use "AND" instead of OR<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

The question is correct. :P

It was purposely put as OR. :P keke