Detective Conan World
blueberry

Mouri Ran vs. Ai Haibara/Miyano Shiho

Mouri Ran vs. Ai Haibara/Miyano Shiho  

124 members have voted

1. 1. who do you prefer

I like HAibara way more!!! :-o She's a super-smart genius, cares about fashion and reads magazines, is awesome with a gun, great with the internet, a pro-ish actress, sarcastic, funny and asks if someone is a lollicon. What else do you want? :?:

I'll be honest, without Ran, this show will be the same (or more awesome) to me... She is so dependent on the character Shinichi, always appeared as Shinichi's ideal lovers, that if there is no Shinichi there would be no Ran. I'm sorry, but i feel like if there was no Ran, there's still a Shinchi fighting with the BO, he could still find a way to deal with them and other characters remain the same. Ran existed to make the show more romantic and attract more female fans, but for a detective manga, her role is too small, beside romantic moments with Shinichi, i don't find her any special. As a main love interest, Gosho has put Ran in the wrong position, being always a naive one, unaware of real threat around her, unaware of her 'childhood friend' lying her, which made her become less important than she should be.

This is my views, not from an AiCon but from a manga fan.

I'll be honest, without Ran, this show will be the same (or more awesome) to me... She is so dependent on the character Shinichi, always appeared as Shinichi's ideal lovers, that if there is no Shinichi there would be no Ran. I'm sorry, but i feel like if there was no Ran, there's still a Shinchi fighting with the BO, he could still find a way to deal with them and other characters remain the same. Ran existed to make the show more romantic and attract more female fans, but for a detective manga, her role is too small, beside romantic moments with Shinichi, i don't find her any special. As a main love interest, Gosho has put Ran in the wrong position, being always a naive one, unaware of real threat around her, unaware of her 'childhood friend' lying her, which made her become less important than she should be.

This is my views, not from an AiCon but from a manga fan.

*majorly disagrees*

Ran may seem dependent on Shinichi, but she's an independent person who has her own life. She misses him, that's all. Seeing as this is a floating timeline, it's not like she spends her entire life moaning on the couch. She's got her own talents and her own life. Her childhood friend disappeared. You can't expect her to be oh-so-happy, can you?

*majorly disagrees*

Ran may seem dependent on Shinichi, but she's an independent person who has her own life. She misses him, that's all. Seeing as this is a floating timeline, it's not like she spends her entire life moaning on the couch. She's got her own talents and her own life. Her childhood friend disappeared. You can't expect her to be oh-so-happy, can you?

Of course she has her own life, everyone have their own life, their own talents. But Ran 'attach' to Shinichi too much, she talks, thinks, blush about him most of the time. Sometimes i feel like Shinichi is the god of her world, for example, in the recent hostage crisis case, i remember she said something like: "Shinichi won't let anyone die !", did she really need to bring up Shinichi here ?. I know it's because Ran believes in him, but it would be better if that was her own thinking, not influenced by Shinichi. That's why her character is lack of depth to me. And about the 'childhood friend disappeare', why do ShinRan fans always use this ? It's not like Shinichi's dead, Ran can call him anytime, not to mention Shinichi has promised to come back. That's nothing compare to Ai, her family is all dead, she can't even hear their voice, and not to mention others thing she has to face (you should know it yourself, i'm tired to mention them again). Yet, Ran keep crying everytime Shinichi about to leave her, that's just weak.

I wish i'm better with English so that i can express my ideas more clearly, but i tried my best.

This will cause many debate but I won't be the one who start that. :grin:

Move from my and our Topic creater's argument.

1 I think we agree on this fact so no reason to keep arguing. Ai rarely ever shows any emotions. That why you don't like her. That why Ai fan like her. May be it count as "mature"

2. It actually easy to miss even I said it once. They scare of Earthquake not special effect. Earthquake can endanger you. Ghost can't.

People keep bashing ran saying that she is childish<<<

It cute sometime. Sometime it angry even Ran fan (not me. I fine with it again) that Gosho make her wander into a wild to beg for a god to return Shinichi's memory. One side it mean she love Shinichi deeply. And one side mean she so naive.

3. Agree on the fact again. Difference opinion again.

As I said. You can alway interpret Ai's reaction to Ran that Ai find Ran resemble Akemi. That Ai fear she'll lose Ran just like Akemi. And If that true. Ai treat Ran as her sister, not enemy. from the start.

Mind answer me? You said you don't like Ai because she jealous of Ran. Now I proof to you that's it RAN who alway jealous and Ai not. Why you like Ran then?

Ran jealous Asami. Ran save Asami. Ai may jealous Ran. Ai save Ran (by begging her to stay). Who better then?

Some people hate Ran because she is still waiting for Shinichi!<<< Same fact, difference opinion. You and I like her because of this and some don't like her because of this. You should just let it drop.

4. Good thing will result in good thing. No matter who use it. while you hate Ai for work with BO. I am think you didn't feel for other BO memeber that way. Do you hate Gin, Vermouth?

6 Yes she said that antidote could kill him. And later when Conan ask for second antidote. She said "this time you could die for real". No. the first antidote won't cost his life. Reuse it regularly will. So she keep it from him. So she care for him. If she jealous mean she like Conan right? Then why she give him anything dangerous. You statement conflict each other. If she want to kill Conan she should just put cyanide in it. Don't mention it's always Conan begging Ai to give him antidote. Ai never force him to use it. Conan always want to keep his secret from Ran. And one time his emotion sway his judgement so Ai step in and offer a plan. She never think of him as genuine pig.

By the way. Talking will you make me realize two things. First thing is I think Gosho mean to make Ran and Ai contrast each other from the start. So they are very difference and their fans usaully clash. Second is that the statement "You can't talk good or bad things about Ran or about Ai without someone mention another" is true. I fall victim to this. Silly me.

Yea.. I guess Ai is more interesting of a character. Her character has alot more room for development compared to Ran. Ran's character is more of an exposed character whereas Ai is more of a closed up character. Aoyama throws Ran's feelings and thinking towards you but for Ai, you have to get them from hints. Thats why I feel Ai is more interesting of a character.

Actually I dont see Ran as weak. Firstly, for those who says she is weak because she is heavily influenced by Shinichi... what has being influenced got to do with her being weak??? You have got to understand the difference in culture in Japan and other parts of the world. At that time when Aoyama started writing DC, girls like Ran are considered beautiful.

Also, I dont feel that being very attached to Shinichi means she is weak. It is a perfectly normal reaction to someone you look up to. Maybe in western countries, people dont have that tradition, but in asian, Japan as well, many people live their lives by taking someone as a rolemodel. I dont think that Ran taking SHinichi as a rolemodel is something weak.

Regarding her character, I think she is a very strong girl. Being strong doesnt mean you have tons of bad guys chasing after you and you have to deal with all the possible cases of being killed. For Ran, I think the most difficult thing she has to deal with is to have to deal with her feelings of missing someone she really loves. You can say Haibara has to deal with her parents dead and her sister dead. But she is not without her share of being paranoid and overly sensitive sometimes, to a point she interferes with Conan's ideals.

In my point of view, people are most afraid of what they are uncertain, instead of what they are already certain. I dont think Ran would have been hurt this much if Shinichi have just died in that incident. She will get over it after some time but having her live knowing that Shinichi is somewhere else, but no idea where, and that he is coming back, but no idea when is a horrible torture. You're wanting to see someone so badly that you are now chasing after his shadow in an attempt to see the person. I think this is evidence of true love.

To love a person that much that even if so far and so long apart, your feelings still do not fray... Ran you have my support! Go go!

*Note: I like Haibara as a person better but I support RanXShinichi XD

Past simple of 'run'!!! It's Ran, Ran, Ran, Angel, Angel, Angel!!!

Kaitou Kiddo:You didn't have pity, my bad boy. Those were all slendid tricks. If you said you loved me just for amusement. You're playing with fire...!!!. It's always this wayYou're all take. You devil devil you you. From whoWas that call from? With that ring you hid your plans........ I AM NOT AN IDIOT!!! You better run, run, run, run. I'm not finished with u yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3dsZy03wUE

Oh guys just to let u know that probably at the end of the series Ran will most likly have a happy ending with Shinichi cause Ran is Gosho's favorite character and he won't let her have a sad ending. I am in favor Of Ran since I could relate to her a lot. We both take karate but we're in different belts. Both have a single person we like and forever waiting for them. Although I could also compare my self to Ai as being very smart and mature I find myself understanding Ran's feelings better. Besides wasn't Shinichi about to kiss Ran and probably propose her in the episodes a desperate revival?

but Ran is more kind and sweet than her :)

also note to everyone : i know that there are more ai fans than ran fans but i made this poll to see other people's opinions not to start a war

Yeah. I think so. But Ai could be sweet at times too albeit in an extremely different manner.

Ai of course...she is one of the few characters that has changed during the story...

She can be sweet with her friends even if she doesn't show it all the time.I also like how she can be scary when she's mad at somebody.Not to mention that she's really funny^^

I also like Ran,she's nice and strong...But Ai is a deeper character for me.