Detective Conan World
blueberry

Mouri Ran vs. Ai Haibara/Miyano Shiho

Mouri Ran vs. Ai Haibara/Miyano Shiho  

124 members have voted

1. 1. who do you prefer

It is a long passage, but please endure since I could not contain my passion for this topic in just a few words but had to be composed into PARAGRAPHS.

* Haibara Ai

The character of preference for me would be Ai. Why? Well, for one thing, I find her personality mightily interesting. She is not emotionless but her cynicism really attracts me, and her tragic past is somewhat alluring. I find myself relating to her more often than not, thus assisting in my fondness, infatuation... attachment to Ai. For I am an AI FAN.

I am relatively satisfied that Ai seems to be making an appearance more often, and not only that her character is developing soundly in a charming fashion.

* Mouri Ran

Ran is not a character I dislike, in fact I find her admirable in many ways. One of these commendable aspects of her would be undoubtedly her faith... undying LOVE for Shinichi. Detective Conan has been going on for a little over 600 episodes, and though in the story itself not much time has passed (proof being the kids and Ran are still within their respective grades), for us who watch it... it has.

I cannot blame this lack of development in the relationship with Shinichi on Ran, since she is in fact a fictional character and is subjected to the mind and hands of the MANGAKA! However, I ever so do wish that Gosho would progress their relationship a bit further. For I am getting rather irritated at the repetitive reactions of Ran and Shinichi throughout the series. It is quite apparent that they both like each other, but whenever together the two feel awkward its hard to watch. They either blush bright red like wholesome organic healthy strawberries or they try to break the ice by quibbling about insignificant... concerns. Of course I am not denying that there were times of goodness between the two before, but those accounts don't add up to much in the end.

* Relationships

One who has watched Detective Conan thoroughly will not deny that it is inevitable for Shinichi to end up with Ran. Reason being? Ran seemingly appears in the opening and ending songs of all the seasons of the show in a particular sorrowful image missing Shinichi a most of the time, and Shinichi chasing after... Ran perhaps as the song carries on. Also it has been several years in the making of Detective Conan, 600+ episodes and no shakes, no stirs, no cracks can even be found in their love for each other.

Nevertheless, as an AI FAN, I have small fantasies of romance between Conan/Shinichi and Ai/Shiho, and fantasies, they will remain.. Boo Hoo (;_;)

* I have typed far too many bytes, I apologize if you had to read through all of that, but I desperately needed to show my thoughts to the masses. Now I have done exactly that and looking back upon what I have writt... typed, one could pretty well say, I'm a Ran fan in disguise! Feast your pupils upon those thick PARAGRAPHS under Mouri Ran giving proof to my attentiveness to Ran's character! Although that could simply be the result of my feeling a rivalry between Ai and Ran, but I digress.

I some like both Charactor.I hate Shinichi and Ran is a couple.I love Shinichi/Conan and Ai/Shiho.

For My own Opinion I think Ran. One reason is because well, eventhough she is not as mature as Ai Ran is a lot more warm hearted and stronger. In terms of food I don't know how good Ai cooks but I think Shinich would go with Ran. I think Ai also has a sense of fashion too not so much for Ran, But i don't think shinichi would like that. Anyways Ai is older than Ran!!! If you watched Ova9 Stranger in 10 years you'll see that Shinichi is desperatly finding Ran and trying her to stop from approving Araidi Sensie's proposal. Also Ran is a lot prettier the Ai. So I would go with Ran.

• Upvote 1

Ai/Shiho because she is good looking, shows emotions to people she loves (like her sister), she is smart, and she wants to protect everyone around her.

Though to others, she is a nice little cold clam.

You know, why am I still AiCon if I hate Ai so much...mellow.gifrolleyes.gificon_e_ugeek.gif

For My own Opinion I think Ran. One reason is because well, eventhough she is not as mature as Ai Ran is a lot more warm hearted and stronger. In terms of food I don't know how good Ai cooks but I think Shinich would go with Ran. I think Ai also has a sense of fashion too not so much for Ran, But i don't think shinichi would like that. Anyways Ai is older than Ran!!! If you watched Ova9 Stranger in 10 years you'll see that Shinichi is desperatly finding Ran and trying her to stop from approving Araidi Sensie's proposal. Also Ran is a lot prettier the Ai. So I would go with Ran.

Go ShinRans!!! Plus, I really like that...Ai goes with fashion, but not really with Ran. Honestly, I don't go with fashions. And true Ran is prettier than Shiho, to be really honest.

I chose Ran, just so I can add to the number of Ran fans out there....lol.

But the sad thing is, if Ai was the one introduced at the very beginning of the series, and if Ai happened to be Shinichi's childhood friend, then I'm sure Ai would've been my favourite character. xD Since that's not the case, and I've already been brainwashed by Ran's love for Shinichi, RAN ALL THE WAY!!! WOOT! Damn I'm biased to the core. <_<

• Like 1

I like both characters...

I think Ran goes with Shinichi better. But if he stayed Conan, I'd have him be with Ai. I really don't support the pairing all that much (ConAi), but I'd rather have that than a miniature Ran or something like that. I love Ai as a character, but not the pairing.

Ran:

Pros: Not too girly girl. Can protect self. Kind. Caring. Willing to sacrifice self.

Cons: Cries a bit too much.

Ai:

Pros: Intelligent. Has a warm side. Protective. Kind. Caring.

Cons: Needs to open up more.

That's my point of view.

I like Ai cuz her personality is more like mine, and I guess the guy we like is similar. (asian, short, smart, sometimes wears glasses, knows tons about weird subjects...) But if there was someone he really obviously liked, I would let go of my infatuation. Because Shinichi's love for Ran is unbreakable. But I like Ran better.

I'm AiCon, of course i prefer Ai. Her personality is unique, she's cool, calm, smart and sweet inside. Her sarcasm is also one of many reasons i like her cause that make us alike ( i tease my friends all the times :P ). She seems to be a cold person at first, but she's changing a lots now, she stronger (in fighting BO), she more open up and i finally got to see her "demon face", her girly scream which are out of character when compare to the 'old' Ai.

In short, i choose Ai.

• Upvote 1

I'm AiCon, of course i prefer Ai. Her personality is unique, she's cool, calm, smart and sweet inside. Her sarcasm is also one of many reasons i like her cause that make us alike ( i tease my friends all the times :P ). She seems to be a cold person at first, but she's changing a lots now, she stronger (in fighting BO), she more open up and i finally got to see her "demon face", her girly scream which are out of character when compare to the 'old' Ai.

In short, i choose Ai.

For me, my preference between who I like better between Ran and Ai changes quite a bit, but it doesn't change my pairing at all. I guess Ai is more like me in personality, so I should sympathize with her, but I've also gone through a weird love turmoil that involved some boy I used to be best friends with stalking me even though I told him to stop. I hate him now, but I guess it could sort of relate me to Ran....? I don't know, but just imagining being in either of their shoes makes me want to switch from time to time...

Ai! A fragile heart at the beginning but she grew so strong <3. Her scenes with Conan make me laugh so hard xD.

But then I'm a RanxAi fan at heart so it's hard to chose xD

Ai! A fragile heart at the beginning but she grew so strong <3. Her scenes with Conan make me laugh so hard xD.

But then I'm a RanxAi fan at heart so it's hard to chose xD

Please explain that Yuri fandom to us please... Even me, the yaoi fan can't understand....

Please explain that Yuri fandom to us please... Even me, the yaoi fan can't understand....

Eh? I like Yaoi as well, and straight cp.

Actually I just like any interaction between characters that are interesting 8D

Yuri is awesome in this fandom because the girl characters have so little development (leaves room for interpretation), have flaws, and yet are all good people inside (nice personalities). They're not exactly moe moe but they're cute their own way <3 (which is good because I don't like moe moe anyways, it's kinda stupid). Characters like Haibara and Vermouth are also so very cool (yet a part of them are fragile...).

I guess I just don't like the fact that all the guy characters steal all the limelight and the attention of all the girls *facepalm*. Well except maybe Kaito KID...he can have all the girls...and boys (and robots too if you feel like it).

Well to tell you the truth...mostly I like RanxAi because it's so troll 8D.

Today, I am in a total Ran mood. I think I was on Ai's side(not ConAi, just plain Ai) yesterday cuz I was being mean to her while writing a HeiShin fic -.-'. I feel Ran is suffering more and it's harder for her to get over things. She's constant, while Ai changes more easily.

i choose ran...but i sometimes get annoyed with her shinichi there and here.........

i like ai

if shinichi stays as a kid and had a "change of heart" then AiCon...with that

but if vice versa then ShinRan with that....

well its been 600+ episodes and ShinRan is still ShinRan..so i think the ending will be a ShinRan too....

i like Ai, but i like ran more.....so i choose Ran

In short, i choose Ai.

I agree with the cool, calm, smart, and sweet, not to mention sarcasm. I mean, everybody teases each other, right? I wouldn't say that Ran's personality isn't unique though.

When did Ai utter a girly scream? Was it when she faked appendix pain?

Eh? I like Yaoi as well, and straight cp.

Actually I just like any interaction between characters that are interesting 8D

Yuri is awesome in this fandom because the girl characters have so little development (leaves room for interpretation), have flaws, and yet are all good people inside (nice personalities). They're not exactly moe moe but they're cute their own way <3 (which is good because I don't like moe moe anyways, it's kinda stupid). Characters like Haibara and Vermouth are also so very cool (yet a part of them are fragile...).

I guess I just don't like the fact that all the guy characters steal all the limelight and the attention of all the girls *facepalm*. Well except maybe Kaito KID...he can have all the girls...and boys (and robots too if you feel like it).

Well to tell you the truth...mostly I like RanxAi because it's so troll 8D.

*gapes*

Sorry, but personally, I care nothing for yaoi or yuri.

i think RAN is better with shinichi

This isn't pairings. It's just the character.

This is not pairing poll, don't bring Shinichi/Conan here.

My point is proven.

I agree with the cool, calm, smart, and sweet, not to mention sarcasm. I mean, everybody teases each other, right? I wouldn't say that Ran's personality isn't unique though.

When did Ai utter a girly scream? Was it when she faked appendix pain?

* Chapter 753 minor spoiler (it's not animated yet) *

Chapter 753 ( the earthquake ) and it's not faking like the appendix pain.