Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

I sure hope it's NOT something like this:

Detective Conan File 1000+ "spoiler"

Conan (confronting Vermouth): So, answer me ! Why don't you age ?

Vermouth (takes out a cigarette): Sorry, I cannot tell you that. A secret makes a woman woman...

Conan (serious face): I said, answer me !

Vermouth (fires the cigarette): So you really wanna know the truth, huh... ?

Conan (waiting): ......

Vermouth (smoking): .......

Conan: .........

Vermouth: ......

Conan: .......

Vermouth: I just don't age...

Conan: EEHHHHH !!!??????????

I sure hope it's NOT something like this:

Detective Conan File 1000+ "spoiler"

Conan (confronting Vermouth): So, answer me ! Why don't you age ?

Vermouth (takes out a cigarette): Sorry, I cannot tell you that. A secret makes a woman woman...

Conan (serious face): I said, answer me !

Vermouth (fires the cigarette): So you really wanna know the truth, huh... ?

Conan (waiting): ......

Vermouth (smoking): .......

Conan: .........

Vermouth: I just don't age...

Conan: EEHHHHH !!!??????????

LOL... definitely not something like that will happen...

I don't know if this has been brought up somewhere else but there is another mystery that need to be solved. If Vermouth is Sharon Vineyard, then does her daughter (the person who's supposed to be Chris Vineyard) exist ? We are still not sure if "Chris" is just one of her many aliases, or that Vermouth really had a daughter ?

I don't know if this has been brought up somewhere else but there is another mystery that need to be solved. If Vermouth is Sharon Vineyard, then does her daughter (the person who's supposed to be Chris Vineyard) exist ? We are still not sure if "Chris" is just one of her many aliases, or that Vermouth really had a daughter ?

Jodie matched Vermouth, Sharon, and Chris's fingerprints to each other. Akai thinks they are the same person as well. So does Conan for different reasons involving his visit to NYC.

It's possible Vermouth could have actually had a daughter as Sharon, but the same Vermouth is definitely Chris now because of the prints. It's also possible that Vermouth is not aging and thus faked a pregnancy (remember she was ultra secretive about her personal life) to prepare in advance for when she would need to switch into a younger disguise because her Sharon one would eventually get too old and require more and more makeup to hide Vermouth's young face..

Before I state what I think within the realm of DC, I'd like to give an old theory that I came up with to logically explain Vermouth's existence. As well as another which I can't validate within my mind due to certain aspects.

Sharon Vineyard was the original Vermouth. She was apart of the Black Org in secret, possibly using her influence to get certain things. She created a plan to bring up her child as the heir to become Vermouth. Which by that point became the pinnacle of mastery of disguise and deception within the Org. She had her child and named her Chris. She brought her up to be the worlds best actress, and to make her into the perfect spy for the Black Org. When she finished growing up, her mother Sharon, had her undergo surgery to make her into her exact replica of her when she was younger to make it seem as if she never ages. She continued on with her mother's legacy, with the BO Boss accepting Sharon's plan to pass on the name of Vermouth to her child. As for the fingerprints, she most likely had the exact copy of her Sharon's finger prints grafted to her skin. The only way for this theory to be confirmed is if Sharon's DNA is on file, and Chris's DNA is not a match.

(This is tied into my theory of the BO boss as well, which I'll explain after what I think within the DC universe with all of its peculiarities)

Theory #2: Sharon faked her own pregnancy and proceeded to get plastic surgery, and disguised herself as the older Sharon Vineyard. The only problem with this is that though it is possible to make yourself look younger, the degradation of the bones and body are not so easily reversed. So it would be hard for Vermouth to be as active if she really is the age that she is meant to be as one person.

Those explanations however disregard everything we know of the DC universe, and the BO secret projects. We are made to assume that the BO has several projects, which include, iirc, a drug to give youth. The likelihood of taking APTX4869 is slim, because the reduction in age is merely a known anomaly. While it is possible that Sharon took it with a premade antidote she prepared, it seems unlikely because it would be too risky. The more likely thing that happened is that she took a working prototype of another drug the Org is working on as a guinea pig to be younger again (and her dedication could be an added reason to be why she is the boss's favorite). It was successful and she regained her youth. Thus she is actually the same person, and likely under the watch of the science department to ensure the drug's success.

Coming back to the first one, and though this is OT, I'll give how this links to my theory of the BO boss...

Chris Vineyard, as the daughter of Sharon, was robbed of her childhood and became bitter that she had to undergo all of that to take over her mother's position. Before her mother's death, she was disguising herself as her mother and criminals preparing herself for the work at the BO. This is who we saw during the NYC case. She got saved by Ran and Shinichi, and though she didn't think much of it at the time, she had found the person she needed to destroy the org she had become so bitter towards. She realized that after her mother died, and started hearing that Kudo Shinichi was a great detective only in HS, that he would be the perfect instrument to bring down the Org. Unfortunately before she could do anything he was poisoned by Gin, and she thought he was dead. When she discovered that he was not dead, only shrunken it wasn't long before she realized that Edogawa Conan was the shrunken shinichi. And she realized that he was the silver bullet, because no one would suspect a kid. She started her revenge by killing the Boss, and assuming his position using disguising techniques. (whenever you see her talking to the Boss she is really just talking to herself using a relay or one of her underlings) She is biding her time until Shinichi is ready to bring down the org.

• Upvote 1

If Vermout, Sharon and Chris has the same finger print. Then.. perhaps? Sharon has a clone!!! Two of them! LOL!

Clones don't have the same fingerprints. Neither do identical twins. Fingerprints are determined randomly while a baby is developing. With current 2011 tech, the only way to get the exact same fingerprints as someone else is to get a surgeon to graft that person's fingers onto your hands which leaves scars, or graft the fingerprint skin itself onto your fingers, which also leaves scars.

Clones don't have the same fingerprints. Neither do identical twins. Fingerprints are determined randomly while a baby is developing. With current 2011 tech, the only way to get the exact same fingerprints as someone else is to get a surgeon to graft that person's fingers onto your hands which leaves scars, or graft the fingerprint skin itself onto you fingers, which also leaves scars.

But she is a master of disguise and make up. I'm sure she has the ability to conceal scars. Not to mention there are ways to make scars inherently less noticeable. Though they aren't perfect, combining that with the techniques she knows, it is possible for her to make it seem that they are hers with no scars.

Though again, it is more likely for Gosho to give a pseudo scientific reason that doesn't actually exist like he did with the APTX4869 shrinking Shinichi.

i dont know why Vermouth looks younger. but i can guess why she needs so.

she is Sharon and has a daughter, Chris. i think it's truth.

i guess Chris took APTX4869 on accident or experiment. And she died or shrunk.

as a result, acteress Chiris had to get off a stage.

that's why Vermouth became younger (don't know how to do & whether she is actually young or not) and she has acted two persons (Chris & Sharon).

later, she killed exist of herself and she has lived as Chris.

Okay this may not have anything to do with the topic, but I have a speculation that I want to share. It's about the BO woman, who is likely to be Vermouth, that Itakura talked to over the phone. But since this is just pure speculation, I don't have any proof for what I'm about to say...

The noise that Itakura heard in the background might NOT be of a cat.

At first, I've been wondering why did Gosho even add that detail to the story. It's not related to the plot, and doesn't bring us any hint. But when I re-read volume 39, there is one thing that concerns me. If the translation was correct, then Agasa mentioned the last part of Itakura's diary like this: "Cat's cry in the background became louder as she finished saying so [We can be both God and the Devil...]. Then she hang up the phone in a hurry..."

It sounds as if the "cat" was reacting angrily/desperately to her words about "raising the dead". How should a cat understand it ? Or was it really a cat after all ? The woman's reaction (hang up the phone quickly) was also suspicious, as if she was confused by the situation (didn't know what to do); or that she was afraid that if she continued to talk for a few more seconds, Itakura might figure out something (that nobody was supposed to know). It is not Gosho's style to include some stupid information like "cat allergy" or "cat hating" to the plot.

Now, I'd like to tell you a story about my old neighbor, who is still living near my old house after we moved away. That family has a young baby and a cat. They both used to cry at night-time (which was annoying like hell). But what made them so special is that their crying voice sound extremely similar. Many people in the neighborhood usually got mistaken. But if you listen carefully, you can still tell if that's the cat or the baby crying. In general, sometimes a baby's crying and a cat's voice DO sound similar (I said "sometimes", not always), and can be mistaken when being listened not directly (this case was over the phone).

Back to the topic, I cannot conclude that the background noise was a baby's cry or something like that, because it'll add even more mysteries. But if it really was the case, then that woman (Vermouth?) might had given birth to something, which has human's intelligence.

Another possibility: A person shrunken into a child doesn't lose any memory, but it isn't clear if that also works for someone who got turned into a baby ? Imagine what would happen if that "cat" was really someone after swallowing APTX4869, held hostage by the woman, a baby with the brain of an adult ? Anokata ? (Again, this is pure speculation, and I never hope that it would happen because those ideas freak me out...)

Another thing that we need to pay attention. According to the timeline of DC, this phone-call happened 1 year ago (which I have confirmed after re-reading vol 37). Does that ring any bell ? Yes, it's approximately the same time when Sharon Vineyard "died". I don't know if there was any connection between the 2 events. See DC's timeline below:

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Timeline

Clones don't have the same fingerprints. Neither do identical twins. Fingerprints are determined randomly while a baby is developing. With current 2011 tech, the only way to get the exact same fingerprints as someone else is to get a surgeon to graft that person's fingers onto your hands which leaves scars, or graft the fingerprint skin itself onto you fingers, which also leaves scars.

Yeah I know, I'm a big fan of Metal gear, Solid Snake, Liquid & Solidus doesnt have a same fingerprints even they are clones of BigBoss! I'm just bubbling around there. LOL!^^

261531_10150252074666122_608406121_7545763_4430977_n.jpg

If she swallowed an APTX 4869

Then whole BO will realize that APTX is not a killing machine

but for a Shrinking Machine

and soon if Vermouth get shrink by APTX 4869 then Gin should realized that Shinichi is still alive and live as a Kids somewhere.

If Vermouth has swallowed the Apotoxine, there is a high chance she would have died. Let's not forget only Shinichi Kudo and Ai Haibara have survived, there have been many victims.

I'm actually searching for Haibara's blood type right now. If Conan and Haibara are both of blood type B- (like 2% people on the planet), then they should share the same antibodies.

I believe we don't know Conan's blood type yet, just know it's the same as Ran's.

His blood rare enough for the doctor to worry about obtaining them. He should be O in ABO system and maybe RH- in RH system.

Well just a quick summary so you don't have to read the fanfic... It's set 10,000 years ago and Vermouth and the Boss are lovers. She finds Pandora and then they both become immortal. For the next 10,000 years, they try to find it again and that's why they set up the Black Organization: to find Pandora :3

Oh. :mellow: I see.

@Nobody You can call me Chelsea. :D Oh... Why? DX In my FanFic, she drunk the tears of Pandora... But maybe the real reason for APTX4869 is so they can stay young... And if Snake is in the same Organization as Gin and the others, they're trying to find Pandora or create a pill that's like Pandora.