Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

For the poll, too bad we can't double-vote. I selected that Subaru Okiya is Bourbon because that's the main question, but I also think that Tooru Amuro is indeed Scar Akai (to me, the whole thing is that Scar Akai isn't in fact Bourbon despite what we are naturally led to believe).

My line of reasoning is the following:

Tooru Amuro and Subaru Okiya both knew Shuichi Akai. Subaru is Bourbon.

Tooru Amuro is Scar Akai but, for some reason, his disguise is meant in such a way that it would be obvious for someone with detective abilities and who knew Shuichi Akai that he isn't the real deal (right-handed, burnt on the wrong side for those who saw the murder...).

Seeing Shuichi Akai appearing, Subaru comes to investigate. To see him closely allows him to deduce Scar Akai's true identity (Tooru Amuro). Spotting the BO agents on the streets, he contacts the boss and Vermouth to tell Gin (with whom he doesn't get along) to let Scar Akai leave for some reason. Gin wouldn't like Bourbon's methods and he would be pissed off, but he would obey an order coming directly from the boss.

As for Conan, I think Scar Akai has left him some kind of message with the text message to Kogoro.

"Flag signaling is used when it's difficult to convey verbal messages."

"The above are my deductions. Hurry and complete your investigation so that we may be released."

I wonder if this message was really only meant for Kogoro or if Scar Akai tried to make contact with Conan without revealing himself directly. Of course, he would know him somehow, given the fact that he also saved his life by the past.

As for Masumi Sera, I think that she is indeed searching for her missing brother and that she thinks Tooru has some informations on his whereabouts.

• Upvote 1

Your theory doesn't make much sense motive-wise or why-characters-do-certain-things-wise, which you did point out several times. Conan's behavior regarding Okiya is also questionable as well. Finally there are the usual contradictions regarding Okiya being Bourbon which I will get to later.

Tooru Amuro is Scar Akai but, for some reason, his disguise is meant in such a way that it would be obvious for someone with detective abilities and who knew Shuichi Akai that he isn't the real deal (right-handed, burnt on the wrong side for those who saw the murder...).

What's the purpose, who is the target, and whose side is Amuro on? Why appear in front of the FBI when a single agent is alone?

Seeing Shuichi Akai appearing, Subaru comes to investigate. To see him closely allows him to deduce Scar Akai's true identity (Tooru Amuro). Spotting the BO agents on the streets, he contacts the boss and Vermouth to tell Gin (with whom he doesn't get along) to let Scar Akai leave for some reason.

As you noted, Okiya's motive for calling off scar Akai's assassination isn't clear.

Gin wouldn't like Bourbon's methods and he would be pissed off, but he would obey an order coming directly from the boss.

Except the order came from Bourbon through Vermouth. Why would Vermouth use the boss's name for this?

As for Conan, I think Scar Akai has left him some kind of message with the text message to Kogoro.

"Flag signaling is used when it's difficult to convey verbal messages."

"The above are my deductions. Hurry and complete your investigation so that we may be released." I wonder if this message was really only meant for Kogoro or if Scar Akai tried to make contact with Conan without revealing himself directly. Of course, he would know him somehow, given the fact that he also saved his life by the past.

Why text Kogoro and not Conan if there was a message for him? If Scar Akai knows Conan is behind Kogoro, he would know that Conan could solve the case on his own without his help, or at the very least could text Conan and would know Conan would use it when doing sleeping Kogoro. This of course begs the question of how Scar Akai would know Kogoro's phone number, or would know Conan beyond what he saw at Teito bank.

Also, Conan didn't know who sent the message at first. (704p2) It was only through Ran's intervention that Conan found out who sent the message in the first place because Conan didn't think Ran's technique would work. (704p4) Scar Akai couldn't have counted on Ran. Also what part of the quoted stuff sounds like it has double meaning beyond what it meant to the case? Scar Akai wasn't waving flags around, and he did want to leave.

As for Masumi Sera, I think that she is indeed searching for her missing brother and that she thinks Tooru has some informations on his whereabouts.

Only if Sera knows Tohru. I don't think they have met, but their reaction in the next file should cement this.

Finally, we have the usual contradictions to Okiya being Bourbon.

How does Okiya know about the tracking glasses and badges? Conan has never used the tracking glasses in front of Okiya, and the operating mechanism isn't obvious.

Why does Conan trust Okiya to lend him his house, and tell him about Shinichi in the process? Once in Shinichi's house, Okiya will and does find out for sure that Shinichi is alive and perhaps that Conan is Shinichi. The "put him there to watch him" strategy is far too dangerous for Conan to try, which Conan acknowledges when Haibara suggests it. Conan's strategy would also mean he violated his one guiding principle to keep Ran away from the Black Org, because Ran will definitely run into Okiya if Conan keeps him in his house.

Why does Conan let Okiya anywhere near Haibara? Haibara is obviously Shiho, so if Bourbon is loyal, that should be a death warrant for Shiho, Agasa, and Conan at the least, yet they are still alive after a long time, and Okiya has had plenty of opportunities to kill them, which he can ascertain using the listening devices he planted there.

Why did Conan know about/react to Okiya's address before meeting him if Conan only found out about Bourbon that very day?

Why does Ran feel like Okiya is familiar somehow if Okiya is Bourbon and they haven't met before?

What about the Gundam Char Aznable naming scheme?

• Upvote 3

toory seem to be interrested in sera ike if he know her or at least have info on her and saying so the real thing is coming

I have a similar feeling that Tooru knows about Sera's activities and probably the fact that she is related to Akai. But, we have to wait for the next chap to confirm that.

I don't know why but the idea just jump into my head that maybe, Kaito Kid is one of the 3 potential suspects for being Bourbon ... =.="

That can't be possible because: Kaito Kid is just like a special guest in DC. He has a manga of his own and his plot is totally different, that is, magical, whereas, DC is more real. So, NO WAY!

i meant that. i got mixed up ^^; okiya is akai. i think so

I agree, Okiya has to be Akai. Amuro might turn out to be Bourbon and Scar Akai. His actions make sense then. But what bugs me further is the reason for the Akai Bourbon rivalry. I don't think it'll just be for Akemi! I really think that Sera might have something to do with it.

For some reason, I'm starting to think it's Sera. :x Maybe my mind is just... Er, never mind.

The logical part of my mind is saying it's Amuro. However, I have no actual reasons to support my idea.

For some reason, I'm starting to think it's Sera. :x Maybe my mind is just... Er, never mind.

The logical part of my mind is saying it's Amuro. However, I have no actual reasons to support my idea.

Exactly my thoughts... Sera for some reason is starting to feel really suspicious.. I am 90 percent sure that okiya is akai though..

i think Anuro is the most possible..

And for Okiya. Conan take to much believe to that man as he know something. And Akai's and Okiya favourite drink is Bourbon, that make me think that they are same person. As for Haibara uneasy feeling, it seems normal as Akai is ex-member of BO.

- Okiya is not Akai.

- Okiya is not Bourbon, either.

- Between Amuro and Sera, I suspect Sera more.

What makes you say that Okiya is not Akai?

As for the Akai-Bourbon rivalry, I really think that Sera is the main reason.