Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

EDIT:

In spite of the theory I mentioned above, I'm still sticking with the Okiya-is-Akai belief. So, if my theory makes sense in the near future, most likely, Scar Akai is one of Akai's accomplice in this plan of his.

im not for this one

That part was really a next to impossible scenario, if I will re-read my theory. Maybe, Scar Akai is really someone that a)has an unfinished business with Akai or b)simply Bourbon.

The most believed theory in this thread, as far as how I understood the flow of the thread, is that Scar Akai is Bourbon. So, that brings us back again to the theory that Scar Akai (Bourbon) is out to settle an unfinished business with Akai, assuming he's still alive.

Edited by KudoKun18

ill go for your b

i dont think gosho is gonna introduce a third one in that case (who is okiya, who is scar)

akai faked his death, he comes back disguised as okiya ( many reasons *long posts are long, cant write them*), and we never saw burbon, but we see that scar knows the BO so he fits that role

ill go for your b

i dont think gosho is gonna introduce a third one in that case (who is okiya, who is scar)

akai faked his death, he comes back disguised as okiya ( many reasons *long posts are long, cant write them*), and we never saw burbon, but we see that scar knows the BO so he fits that role

I think so too. Introducing a third one would lessen the excitement that the Okiya-Scar Akai dilemma created.

That theory is, right now, the most accepted and possible to happen.

^ Well, on my part, what I want is for Aoyama to showcase more episodes about Bourbon and Akai's past, or even Gin and Bourbon's past. He can even show Bourbon in silhouette or show only his body. Then, reveal his true identity near the tail end of the series.

But, better for him if he reveals it already by this time. It would be more interesting to see Akai and Sera face off. Maybe, if Akai is really alive and he is able to meet Sera (believed to be his sister), then, things will get more exciting from there.

And lastly, it could be that Bourbon has something to do with Sera and Akai in the past. Can't wait! :grin:

But....Akai didn't REALLY have great deduction skills (almost as good as Shinichi) before he was "killed", so if he IS Okiya, then...he was hiding a side of him when he was "alive"....or he suddenly turned a lot smarter......O.o

Noooooo! Ai can't die! no pun intended

I think I get the pun. XD

In the very beginning, I was so stupid and I thought the real Akai was disguised as Scar Akai. Even after seeing that bank case, I thought so because Scar Akai shot the bank robber for Conan's sake. I'm still not sure why he did that, since nowadays all the new evidence point to Okiya Subaru as the reall Akai.

But....Akai didn't REALLY have great deduction skills (almost as good as Shinichi) before he was "killed", so if he IS Okiya, then...he was hiding a side of him when he was "alive"....and suddenly turned a lot smarter......O.o

Akai was actually pretty good at deduction. (Link to DCTP list of Akai's detective skills)

i think she is sera :rolleyes:

Gosho Aoyama described Masumi Sera as a "wolf". If she is really a "wolf", then she will likely confront the "silver bullet" (Conan and Akai) at one point or another.

I still can't believe that Masumi Sera is Bourbon, but I can't neglect Gosho Aoyama's hint also. He stated that Ai Haibara and Masumi Sera are both "wolves".

In Detective Conan, the "wolves" are the Black Organization, since they fear the silver bullet. Wolves are also known as predators. Ai Haibara is a wolf since she was involved with the organization, even if she left.

Even if Masumi Sera isn't Bourbon, saying she is a wolf would mean she is involved with the organization in some way.

Also, it would seem Masumi Sera seems to know something about Subaru Okiya and speaks about him like he outpassed the orders of someone or something like that.

I still can't believe that Masumi Sera is Bourbon, but I can't neglect Gosho Aoyama's hint also. He stated that Ai Haibara and Masumi Sera are both "wolves". In Detective Conan, the "wolves" are the Black Organization, since they fear the silver bullet. Wolves are also known as predators. Ai Haibara is a wolf since she was involved with the organization, even if she left. Even if Masumi Sera isn't Bourbon, saying she is a wolf would mean she is involved with the organization in some way.

My impression is that wolves are a personality type which Haibara and Sera share. Both are somewhat cold in certain aspects. Sera happily lead a man into the range of snipers hoping his head will become a fine red mist, while Haibara is just cold all around and is also somewhat less idealistic, sometimes more worried about being safe than stopping the BO from killing someone.

Also, it would seem Masumi Sera seems to know something about Subaru Okiya and speaks about him like he outpassed the orders of someone or something like that.

I assume you refer to the following dialogue...

Mitsuhiko: Oh! Now that you mention it, when we woke up in the morning, the Professor said that a high-school detective he knew stopped by and helped solved the case… Ah, but Haibara-san reminded us to keep that a secret, so…

Sera: But how come you have to keep the thing about Kudou-kun a secret? That’s his house right next door, isn’t it?

Mitsuhiko: Dunno… He’s always away from home but that day it seems he came back to pick up something he forgot, and stopped by at the Professor’s house…

Sera: But isn’t there someone in there even now? I just saw the curtain shift slightly…

Mitsuhiko: Oh, that’s likely…

Genta: That Subaru guy!

Mitsuhiko: His apartment burned down, so he was allowed to stay there!

Sera: "Hmmm… And here I though someone had just settled in without permission, but it seems I was just getting worked up over nothing."

I think that interpretation is overreaching. There is no evidence Sera knows about Subaru any more than he is occupying the place. She wondered how he landed the spot at Kudo manor, but then again, if Sera is looking for Akai and suspects ties along the lines of Kudo --> Conan ---> Akai, she may wonder if Akai moved into Kudo manor on his own volition in order to hide which is convenient because Kudo is out all the time which her explains her words perfectly.

Some interesting stuff about the new opening of the anime: we see Shuichi Akai and Scar Akai as separate individuals and enemies.

If Scar Akai is Bourbon, the anime just spoiled it (which, I think, is really unlikely). They have already confirmed that Scar Akai is not the real Akai.

More interesting is the absence of Subaru Okiya from the opening. So maybe he is really Shuichi Akai in disguise.

Some interesting stuff about the new opening of the anime: we see Shuichi Akai and Scar Akai as separate individuals and enemies.

If Scar Akai is Bourbon, the anime just spoiled it (which, I think, is really unlikely).

Gosho did give them his notes. See JustWantAnAccount's translation below.

Q:長期連載で辛いと感じたことは?

What felt tough from the long serialization?

A:昔書いた伏線を忘れてしまうところ(笑)。ベルモットの伏線を明かした時はすごく大変でした(本記事#35)。あれもこれも入れなきゃみたいな感じで。前に複線をすべてメモした紙をアニメのスタッフに渡したんだけど、返してほしい(笑)。それを見れば、”あの方”の正体がわかるかも?

When I forget about the foreshadows I wrote a long time ago (laughs). It was a lot of work when I clarified Vermouth's foreshadows. I felt like I needed to include everything. I noted down all the foreshadows on a paper before and I handed it to the anime staff – I wish they'd return it (laughs). Maybe anokata's identity will be understood if the paper is seen?