Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

That burbon is scar akai. If amnesia can make you forget with which hand you do stuff, and you aper around your friends all the time not saying a word. Then ill say he is the real one

And why would jodie think he cant speak if he is in a bank ( why would a man who can not speak and has no one there to talk for him be in a bank)

Well, another theory: Masumi Sera is Bourbon.

First, let's talk about Scar Akai. What really disturbs me about this character is the fact that he doesn't appear much. At least not enough to be a "suspect" in a detective story, but he's still strange.

The second fact that is strange about this case is Vermouth's sudden appearance, and Gin suggesting Scar Akai is Bourbon. It would simply be way too easy.

At the contrary, there are two persons in Conan's surroundings which seem to be connected to the Bourbon's case and which are far more prominent in the series: Subaru Okiya and Masumi Sera.

Maybe Gosho Aoyama is tricking us and makes us believe there are three suspects where there are only two.

Except if he's a weirdo, why would Bourbon disguise as Akai ? I think the "I take the face of the person I hate most" was purposely introduced by Aoyama in a major case to trick us. I think it's more like "mind's play" with Bourbon trying to confuse or to make contact with someone by using Akai's appearance. And this someone is likely to be Subaru Okiya.

After having seen the bank footage, Subaru, who obviously knew Akai, would try to know if this Scar Akai is the real one (the reason for the scar being that it wouldn't be credible otherwise). An important element is that Gin was also confused when he saw Scar Akai, until Vermouth reveals the truth to him.

Vermouth's abilities to disguise people were very likely used. And the result was confusing. But, by inspecting Scar Akai using the cell phone, Subaru would have noticed he is right-handed: he's a fake. Thinking Scar Akai is likely a BO agent, Subaru would think the Black Organization is trying to trap him and take a look outside, seemingly confirming his suspicions.

During the case, Scar Akai hasn't noticed Subaru but he would have very likely noticed Conan Edogawa when he resolves the case instead of Kogoro Mouri, especially since he used deductions which weren't in his SMS.

Someone suggested Masumi Sera could be Akai's sister and that they have some physical similarities (I have some difficulties with that because a lot of Conan's characters bear ressemblance because of Aoyama's style). We also know that Masumi can pretend to be either a boy or a girl (maybe she's not even really a girl, who knows ?)

Thanks to Vermouth's abilities and her own similarities to Akai, Masumi could have played the part. That's when Conan would attract her attention at first and that she discovers that he is a detective.

Also, the video with Ai. I really don't think no one in the organization would have seen that, but they would investigate it discretely rather than attacking the professor. The appearance of the video could coincide with Masumi's appearance (even if we didn't know about it until recently).

Now, let's think if Masumi is the black organization member Bourbon. Then, Conan would have done a MAJOR mistake: by two times, he uses the alias of Shinichi Kudo in front of her, the same Shinichi who was supposedly assassinated by Gin and whose disappearance was investigated by the Black Organization.

Masumi places a very suspicious comment: "And I thought someone has settled in without permission !". Whose permission ? Shinichi is supposedly deceased and his parents are in America.

If Masumi is Bourbon, she knows now that Shinichi Kudo is still alive and she has very likely deduced that he is that boy, Conan Edogawa.

Now, she knows about the professor and where he lives but doesn't seem to remember his name. Strangely, she knows about him but she's not an acquaintance of him. If she has seen the video with Haibara, it is very likely that she tries in fact to investigate the whereabouts this girl who looks like a lot like Sherry (if she knows Akai, it is also possible that she knew the Miyano sisters).

It is simple to put 2 and 2 together: a little boy who is likely Shinichi Kudo and a little girl which looks like a younger version of an important scientist of the organization. Even without knowing about the Apotoxine itself, she could be very suspectful that they have found a way to rejuvenate to hide themselves. But until she has solid proof, she can't do anything. That's why all she has to do is to wait.

On the other hand, Subaru's attitude is very strange since her appearance in front of the professor's house. Subaru has already show some care for Haibara (in the Ikkaku rocks case for example) and, after he sees Masumi, he follows the Detective Boys group (Haibara included). He is very likely someone who tries to protect her.

For Subaru's true nature, he would be part of the CIA. After both Conan and Shuichi Akai discovered the truth about Rena Mizunashi's connection to the CIA, how would the CIA reacts to some people knowing such information ?

Shuichi Akai could have played the part of his assassination to escape both from the Organization and the CIA but already planning his return for later, but Conan Edogawa would still know secret informations.

Subaru Okiya would be an agent send by the CIA to spy and protect Conan Edogawa and his allies. To know everything about this young boy who entered the chessboard and to protect him if the organization tries to capture and torture him (he could compromise Rena's secret affiliance if the latter happen). He would spy on the professor's house even before his meeting with Conan (he lived near), and maybe he even knew some details from Yusaku Kudo (who has solid connections).

I think Subaru Okiya would have been acquainted with Shuichi Akai for two reasons.

Firstly, it would make him a suspicious character and a major suspect in the Bourbon case for the readers.

Secondly, Shuichi Akai being dead, the CIA wouldn't have to care about spying and protecting him (which would arrange Akai, had he survived). If they discover that he could have survived indeed, it would only be logical that they investigate his sudden reappearance. But still, they couldn't know him well.

Subaru Okiya, if he is a CIA agent and if he had a common past with Akai, would naturally be the one tasked to investigate Scar Akai's appearance. And the fact that he knew Akai would also explain how he could discover the masquerade on the simple fact that Scar Akai is right-handed.

And now, the most confusing element: Masumi Sera is seen to be left-handed, so she can't be Scar Akai because she couldn't have used her right hand on instinct during the hostage crisis.

In truth, the left-handed part is an act because, in the same condition of hostage crisis, Masumi Sera instinctively uses her right hand to hold Ran's phone (without having to compose the number): the lady is ambidextrous.

And now, for the conclusion, if this theory is right and Masumi is Bourbon, the end of the Bourbon arc could be deadly for Conan: as Ai noted, he was too careless in front of her and now Bourbon would know that Shinichi Kudo is alive. Until he/she has solid proof that about the way they rejuvenate, both Conan and Haibara have a delay. But if Bourbon completes his investigation, the Black Organization could know about their true identites (I don't think Aoyama would do the Vermouth's "I keep it to myself" twice) and it can become very dangerous for both of them.

So, nobody wants to react to that theory ? If someone sees some mistakes in it, don't hesitate to point it out, I'd like to know where I'm wrong with my theories (that's part of the game).

Well, at least there is one thing I am absolutely sure: both Subaru Okiya and Masumi Sera know that Shinichi Kudo is still alive (as far as the Black Organization knows, he's supposed to be dead) and they could have easily understand who Conan and Haibara truly are. If one of them is Bourbon, the end of the arc could be deadly for Conan and Ai. But for the time being, Bourbon can't act until he/she has every proofs he needs to demonstrate to the boss and his/her fellow Black Organization members that Conan and Haibara are in fact Shinichi Kudo and Sherry (to add to the mystery, both Subaru and Masumi tries to approach Conan and to spy on the professor house. Masumi also joins Ran's school: if she becomes her friend, she would also have the perfect opportunity to spy on the Mouri's agency).

Long post is long

Well, another theory: Masumi Sera is Bourbon.

First, let's talk about Scar Akai. What really disturbs me about this character is the fact that he doesn't appear much. At least not enough to be a "suspect" in a detective story, but he's still strange.

I think the fact he looks like Shuu is enough to make him suspect regardless of how much he shows up. Akai seems to be dead, so what’s this guy doing wandering around alive?
Well, another theory:

The second fact that is strange about this case is Vermouth's sudden appearance, and Gin suggesting Scar Akai is Bourbon. It would simply be way too easy.

The manga sidebars have been assuming Shuu is the real Shuu.

Well, another theory:

At the contrary, there are two persons in Conan's surroundings which seem to be connected to the Bourbon's case and which are far more prominent in the series: Subaru Okiya and Masumi Sera.

Maybe Gosho Aoyama is tricking us and makes us believe there are three suspects where there are only two.

I’m sticking to three.

Except if he's a weirdo, why would Bourbon disguise as Akai ? I think the "I take the face of the person I hate most" was purposely introduced by Aoyama in a major case to trick us.

It has been stated Bourbon believes he is the only guy who could kill Akai Shuuichi, so Bourbon must believe that it’s highly likely Akai tricked Gin somehow and is out there somewhere. Therefore Bourbon came up with a plan to disguise as Akai and appear in front of the people most likely to help with any plan Akai had, Akai’s closest FBI friends, and gauge from their reactions to the disguise whether Akai is really dead. If Bourbon truly believes he is the only person who can kill Akai and deeply despises him, then he would be willing to disguise as Akai in order to achieve his goal and get the chance to hunt down and kill Akai himself. In the Shiragami case, there is a comparable scenario where a teenager who wanted to get revenge on Shinchi Kudo underwent plastic surgery to copy Shinichi's appearance exactly and then attempted to carry out and blame Shinichi for a murder. Also, appearing as Akai will rub salt in the wounds of the agents who cared about him.

I agree with the weirdo part, disguising as your worst enemy is taking a personal vendetta awfully far, but the personality and the motive all fits with what we know.

I think it's more like "mind's play" with Bourbon trying to confuse or to make contact with someone by using Akai's appearance. And this someone is likely to be Subaru Okiya.

So you seem to be saying Scar Akai is Bourbon here which contradicts with Sera being Bourbon. Unless there are two Bourbons, but that would be confusing.

After having seen the bank footage, Subaru, who obviously knew Akai, would try to know if this Scar Akai is the real one (the reason for the scar being that it wouldn't be credible otherwise). An important element is that Gin was also confused when he saw Scar Akai, until Vermouth reveals the truth to him. Vermouth's abilities to disguise people were very likely used. And the result was confusing. But, by inspecting Scar Akai using the cell phone, Subaru would have noticed he is right-handed: he's a fake. Thinking Scar Akai is likely a BO agent, Subaru would think the Black Organization is trying to trap him and take a look outside, seemingly confirming his suspicions.

I agree with this with a little modification to the identities of the people involved. Scar Akai (Bourbon) is looking for Okiya (real Akai). Subaru did knowscar Akai was afake because he IS Akai. Gin was initially confused, but Vermouth told Gin about Bourbon’s plan.

During the case, Scar Akai hasn't noticed Subaru but he would have very likely noticed Conan Edogawa when he resolves the case instead of Kogoro Mouri, especially since he used deductions which weren't in his SMS.

Yep, and the he also probably knows Conan can somehow change his voice.

Quote from here: http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=993.msg17299#msg17299

Being a detective-like person, Bourbon probably figured out the robbers' plan like Conan did, so he knew he could remove the duct tape binding his eyes and hands once the robbers shouted their speech. Furthermore, Bourbon, even if he hadn't removed his eye-covering tape yet, would have heard at the very least the following exchange:

Robber #1's voice: "All right! Everyone stand up now ... Walk towards the direction of my voice!! Good, Walk Slowly! Don't trip on the person in front of you!" Bourbon, aware of the plan, would have known that the robbers couldn't have done this. If he removed the duct tape at this stage he would have seen Conan's voice impersonation trick.

Conan's voice: "It's you three, isn't it? Not obeying orders outside the plan, you can only be the robber's themselves!" The hostages can hear Conan because they have turned to look at him. Bourbon, even with duct tape, could have definitely guessed that the voice's owner is a kid and that kid is the person or is an accomplice of the person who issued the orders in the voice of the robber.

Conan's voice: Alright, let's get the tape off the bank employee's first! Open the main door! Even if Bourbon hadn't figured out the plan yet, he would know it was safe to remove the tape at this point.

3 kids's voices: Okay!

Conan's voice: When the police come in, they'll only see the three restrained robbers here in the corridor, and the one lying in the bathroom... Something decked one of the robbers in the bathroom. Jodie went to the bathroom earlier.

Robber #2's voice: Who's lying in the bathroom? Whether it's that foreign woman, or this little brat... What is it they're trying to do? It is likely that Jodie had something to do with incapacitating a robber in the bathroom because it would be unlikely kids could do it. While he can't be sure what exactly happened in the bathroom, Bourbon does know that the kids know about whatever it was that happened in the bathroom and that Jodie went to the bathroom earlier, suggesting a connection between them.

Someone suggested Masumi Sera could be Akai's sister and that they have some physical similarities (I have some difficulties with that because a lot of Conan's character bear resemblance because of Aoyama's style). We also know that Masumi can pretend to be either a boy or a girl (maybe she's not even really a girl, who knows ?)

The eyes are unique, and the brother sister with matching eyes clue has been used once before with Eisuke and Hidemi. There is also the Sayla Mass/Char Aznable puns to consider. And the kinky/wavy hair. I think the panty shots have cleared up Sera’s gender, and if that isn’t enough 777 adds to the physical proof.

Thanks to Vermouth's abilities and her own similarities to Akai, Masumi could have played the part. That's when Conan would attract her attention at first and that she discovers that he is a detective.

Are you saying Vermouth disguised herself, or Vermouth helped Sera disguise?

Also, the video with Ai. I really don't think no one in the organization would have seen that, but they would investigate it discretely rather than attacking the professor. The appearance of the video could coincide with Masumi's appearance (even if we didn't know about it until recently).

I think it would have to be coincidental, anything else would imply Agasa was in league with the Org. Also I think the video was published after Sera appeared. I don’t think the rug and vase were out when Agasa’s house was shown during the hostage case earlier.
  • Upvote 1

Before anyone complains about the double post, there is a limit to the number of quotes allowed per post.

Now, let's think if Masumi is the black organization member Bourbon. Then, Conan would have done a MAJOR mistake: by two times, he uses the alias of Shinichi Kudo in front of her, the same Shinichi who was supposedly assassinated by Gin and whose disappearance was investigated by the Black Organization.

….

If Masumi is Bourbon, she knows now that Shinichi Kudo is still alive and she has very likely deduced that he is that boy, Conan Edogawa.

But despite that no one is dead yet.

Masumi places a very suspicious comment: "And I thought someone has settled in without permission !". Whose permission ? Shinichi is supposedly deceased and his parents are in America.

I think that was a veiled reference to a theory of hers that maybe Akai is hiding out in Shinichi’s house or something. I’ll have to think about it. While suspicious, it doesn’t show she has bad intentions.

Now, she knows about the professor and where he lives but doesn't seem to remember his name. Strangely, she knows about him but she's not an acquaintance of him. If she has seen the video with Haibara, it is very likely that she tries in fact to investigate the whereabouts this girl who looks like a lot like Sherry (if she knows Akai, it is also possible that she knew the Miyano sisters).

Judging by the timing of when she knew about Agasa (beginning of the hostage case), she probably learned about him as part of her investigation on Conan and the people around him. I don’t think the video was involved yet because I didn’t see the vase or the rug during the hostage case.

It is simple to put 2 and 2 together: a little boy who is likely Shinichi Kudo and a little girl which looks like a younger version of an important scientist of the organization. Even without knowing about the Apotoxine itself, she could be very suspectful that they have found a way to rejuvenate to hide themselves. But until she has solid proof, she can't do anything. That's why all she has to do is to wait.

She could just send their pictures to someone who would know. Vermouth, Pisco, and Akai could tell Haibara was Shiho as soon as they got a good look at her. Vermouth recognized Shinichi right away as well.

On the other hand, Akai's attitude is very strange since her appearance in front of the professor's house. Subaru has already show some care for Haibara (in the Ikkaku rocks case for example) and, after he sees Masumi, he follows the Detective Boys group (Haibara included). He is very likely someone who tries to protect her.

I do wonder why he decided to step up his protection all of a sudden, to the point where Haibara wears a hat going out because she is disgusted that he is following. He may have learned about the video, but I would have thought he would have informed Conan about it. Maybe the last Agasa kidnapping case made him worried even though it was random criminals?

For Subaru's true nature, he would be part of the CIA. After both Conan and Shuichi Akai discovered the truth about Rena Mizunashi's connection to the CIA, how would the CIA reacts to some people knowing such information?

Shuichi Akai could have played the part of his assassination to escape both from the Organization and the CIA but already planning his return for later, but Conan Edogawa would still know secret informations

Subaru Okiya would be an agent send by the CIA to spy and protect Conan Edogawa and his allies. To know everything about this young boy who entered the chessboard and to protect him if the organization tries to capture and torture him (he could compromise Rena's secret affiliance if the latter happen). He would spy on the professor's house even before his meeting with Conan (he lived near). ..

Rena would mention the FBI finding out. The FBI and CIA are allies. Of course you run into all the Okiya is a third person problems with this: How does Okiya know how to operate Conan's tracking glasses and that they track the detective badges when Conan has never used the tracking glasses in front of Okiya before, why does Ran seem to recognize Okiya, why Haibara gets the Black Org vibe, etc…

…and maybe he even knew some details from Yusaku Kudo (who has solid connections).

Yuusaku mentioned knowing some knows Interpol guys, not CIA guys. (V6-1 pg 15) Different group of people.

I think Subaru Okiya would have been acquainted with Shuichi Akai for two reasons.

Firstly, it would make him a suspicious character and a major suspect in the Bourbon case for the readers.

Secondly, Shuichi Akai being dead, the CIA wouldn't have to care about spying and protecting him (which would arrange Akai, had he survived). If they discover that he could have survived indeed, it would only be logical that they investigate his sudden reappearance. But still, they couldn't know him well.

I already said what I wanted to say about problems with any Okiya is a third party theory.

Subaru Okiya, if he is a CIA agent and if he had a common past with Akai, would naturally be the one tasked to investigate Scar Akai's appearance. And the fact that he knew Akai would also explain how he could discover the masquerade on the simple fact that Scar Akai is right-handed.

The timing on this doesn’t make sense, Okiya appeared well before scar Akai’s first appearance.

And now, the most confusing element: Masumi Sera is seen to be left-handed, so she can't be Scar Akai because she couldn't have used her right hand on instinct during the hostage crisis.

In truth, the left-handed part is an act because, in the same condition of hostage crisis, Masumi Sera instinctively uses her right hand to hold Ran's phone (without having to compose the number): the lady is ambidextrous.

I’ll get back to you on this when I complete a full determination of Sera's handedness.

Later Edit: She seems more right handed than left handed. http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User:Chekhov_MacGuffin/Handedness#Sera

So you seem to be saying Scar Akai is Bourbon here which contradicts with Sera being Bourbon. Unless there are two Bourbons, but that would be confusing.

Are you saying Vermouth disguised herself, or Vermouth helped Sera disguise?

That Vermouth helped Sera disguise into Scar Akai.

She could just send their pictures to someone who would know. Vermouth, Pisco, and Akai could tell Haibara was Shiho as soon as they got a good look at her. Vermouth recognized Shinichi right away as well.

But Bourbon could be a loner and he could want to figure everything out by himself (his detective pride).

But despite that no one is dead yet.

Being a detective, I don't think Bourbon would do anything against them before he has all collected all the proofs he needs to demonstrate who Conan and Haibara really are.

Rena would mention the FBI finding out. The FBI and CIA are allies.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. In the crisis, they could be allies, but I don't think they would really work together. Rena would mention that the FBI find out, but she has taken the decision to include them in her spying work herself. I don't know if the CIA would just say "okay", especially since they haven't manifest yet.

===================================================

I'm really sure that Sera Masumi = B o u r b o n !!

She is a charge of Vermouth/Sharon who was ordered

to kill Sherry/Shiho!

- Also she is searching Rye/Akai to kill him to! -

she does not fit the description of burbon ( shes smart but not that smart, her hight does not fit his, her eyes are deferent colored then scar akais )

gosho said that she is the sister of some character, and conan said that he has a feeling that he has meat sera

Akai in disguise might be able to make it through the lower levels, but do you think that he could fool Gin (and Vermouth too) who seems to personally know Bourbon? Gin in particular seems to be good at picking out people in disguises. If Okiya reminds Ran, who only met Akai three times, of someone familiar, isn't it possible he may give people in the BO the same feeling? They might notice he was left handed and put two and two together. I just don't think the executive agents are dumb enough to fall for Akai in disguise.

Also your plan would require Akai to get a codename ridiculously quickly. It would be even more suspicious if some genius guy who hated Akai for some strange reason just happened to appear and then rocketed up the ranks like he knew how to do everything already.

Yeah, if this were supposedly a floating timeline, then Akai would've infiltrated the ranks of the BO extraordinarily quickly, which would only raise suspicion as the BO seems quite good at recruiting people and one with Akai's talents would've been discovered a long time ago. Besides, the BO wouldn't fall for the same trick twice.

I'm really sure that Sera Masumi = B o u r b o n !!

She is a charge of Vermouth/Sharon who was ordered

to kill Sherry/Shiho!

- Also she is searching Rye/Akai to kill him to! -

You don't have much evidence here, if you're gonna get people on your side with that theory, go more in depth. However, I personally disagree.

she does not fit the description of burbon ( shes smart but not that smart, her hight does not fit his, her eyes are deferent colored then scar akais )

gosho said that she is the sister of some character, and conan said that he has a feeling that he has meat sera

Not that smart? On the contrary, I think she is pretty smart and her willingness to let someone die in front of her eyes seems to strike me. However, I don't think she's Bourbon.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. In the crisis, they could be allies, but I don't think they would really work together. Rena would mention that the FBI find out, but she has taken the decision to include them in her spying work herself. I don't know if the CIA would just say "okay", especially since they haven't manifest yet.

They are allies, both working for the same government for the same ends and all. It is true the CIA might decide not to include some lower group of FBI agents in their intelligence briefings, which doesn't mean they aren't allies. The CIA isn't going to kick Rena though for getting found out by the FBI; it was bad they weren't coordinating in the first place.

IdentityUnknown said everything else I wanted. I have trained him well. :P

when i hear that name

BOURBON

actually there company which name its brand Bourbon

the spelling are same too

the company sells chocolate biscuits

so whenever i hear the name i laugh out loudly

HAHAHAHAHAH

for now, there is only a guess of what nationality he is

someone should make a pool about this

Oh man, I was saving that final question for "what is Bourbon's reason for hating Akai" when more clues come out. What should I do?

i think he hates him for being in a relationship with akemi, dont know any other

A few of the other ones I've heard besides "Bourbon loved Akemi, but Akemi dated Akai instead." include

• Former relatives (e.g. brothers) so Bourbon felt betrayed
  • Former friends so Bourbon felt betrayed
  • Akai killed someone important to Bourbon
  • Akai embarrassed/showed Bourbon up on a mission
  • Akai took Bourbon's place in the ranks/did better than him
  • Akai took something precious to Bourbon (not Akemi)
  • Akai's departure from the Org set off a chain of events that affected Bourbon badly somehow (e.g. a "cleansing" operation that resulted in a friend being killed)

That is all I can think of at this moment.