SUPPORT THE "CASE CLOSED" FRANCHISE!!!

Will you help the US Franchise?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will you help the US Franchise?

2. 2. If so, how will you do it?

• Buying all Movies
    • Buying all season box sets
    • Buying Manga (Hey, why Not?)
    • All of the Above (Even If I DO watch the english stuff online)
    • None of the Above (I don't like the US version)
  3. 3. How much have you done so far?

• Bought all or most Movies up to date
    • Bought all or most Season Box sets up to date
    • Bought all or most of the Manga Volumes
    • All of the above
    • None of the above (I don't like the US version)

ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS OF DETECTIVE CONAN WORLD! THE US FRANCHISE OF DETECTIVE CONAN (A.K.A, Case Closed) IS GOING TO BE DISCONTINUED AFTER SEASON FIVE!!!

Sorry for the explosive voice, but this is a crisis in my eyes. I have bought All manga, all of the movies and seasons 1-3, number one being the Viridian collection. I will buy 4 & 5, FYI... For those of you who don't know, the Movies were a test, set up by Funimation, to see if they still had a chance with Case Closed. They don't know that they do, and they are getting ready to close the door on it! In order to save Case Closed, we must buy ALL merchandise (And moderately soon) or no more will be released! To be honest, I prefer the Japanese version, but the English version is interesting and easier on the mind as well. Plus, they come with Jap audio, so you can watch it on your fancy wide screen plasma TV or whatever not. If you have a dvd player in your car, or a portable one, you can play DC on-the-go! They have trailers, extras, and a lotta cool stuff. So go out and help save "Case Closed"!

why did you just make a duplicate of your own topic?

and for the record, amazon had a sale on anime (I don't know if it's still running), and I bought all six movies that have been processed so far... the season boxes are included in the sale too, but I didn't get them

I wish they had other products, like the fabric poster and keychain which were included in the re-release of season 1 (the original release was the first disc, and then started into eps after the diplomat murder case... they went through all of season 4, and then went back to the beginning, and put out a new copy of the first disc in a 2-disc box with the second disc of season 1)

Do you mean the entire franchise (manga included), or just the anime? At any rate I've been a regular buyer of the US Manga since Volume 4 (Got Volume 1-3 shortly beforehand).

On the one hand, the manga is now being release 4 Volumes a year, rather than six. But there's an icon for the manga on Viz's easy fine menu (which is suppose to be an indicator that a particular manga does well as I've heard).

Do you mean the entire franchise (manga included), or just the anime? At any rate I've been a regular buyer of the US Manga since Volume 4 (Got Volume 1-3 shortly beforehand).

On the one hand, the manga is now being release 4 Volumes a year, rather than six. But there's an icon for the manga on Viz's easy fine menu (which is suppose to be an indicator that a particular manga does well as I've heard).

Well, the manga is suffering slightly (They used to release it every two months, and the span between them is increasing every time). If you buy the manga, it can also pull you into the anime, which also helps. So there are two different things suffering; Anime and Manga. I don't like reading online, so I've bought volumes 1-33, as they've been released, and I'm waiting for the next one on the 17th or so...

I really want to do all of them but was only able to buy the complete set of manga as I cannot find the CDs of the movies and the anime in my country. I planned to buy them during my vacation trip to. Singapore which usually have a great variety of things but I cannot find it. Other than online, do you guys know where to buy them? Thanks.

I believe Best Buy in the US still sells some Case Closed Merchandise, but I think that that is about it.

ah... this would be a good reason to support your local convention(s)... I was at Ohayocon last weekend, and people had some DC discs... no movies, but I definitely saw season boxes, and a few random discs from the initial release

I don't like the US version... I voted 'No' to all ali_058.gif.

I prefer to buy the Japanese versions even though I might not as well understand... though in a country I use to live I use to buy the mangas, and the way they are handling the series, it's wholly much better than how the US handles them (Case Closed)...

I prefer to buy the Japanese versions even though I might not as well understand... though in a country I use to live I use to buy the mangas, and the way they are handling the series, it's wholly much better than how the US handles them (Case Closed)...

in my case, I buy the cc version, the chinese version and the indo version.

Yeah, but doesn't the US Release allow you to watch the Japanese Version (through audio track)?

This is what I did too...

Yeah, but doesn't the US Release allow you to watch the Japanese Version (through audio track)?

I don't think so...

the DVD's will allow you to watch with Japanese dialogue and English subtitles... the difference is that some of the video is switched around, like the ending segment before the closing theme instead of after... and the editing is even more painfully obvious on the movies

the DVD's will allow you to watch with Japanese dialogue and English subtitles... the difference is that some of the video is switched around, like the ending segment before the closing theme instead of after... and the editing is even more painfully obvious on the movies

I don't think poor-quality versions count...mellow.gif

I don't think poor-quality versions count...mellow.gif

there's a difference between poor quality and localization... if you want to point to poor quality, look at the stuff that's been fan-translated from Chinese

while that is true, and doesn't really defend what I was saying earlier, both the JAP and ENG video/audio is on the singles (like vol 1.1, and Cases 4 and 5 at least) so the original opening/title cards/endings/name boxes are all there.

It's just too bad that Funimation decided to drop the different viewing options from the season sets and "Cases 1-3"

The only way Case Closed will ever Be popular in the US is if we can get a TV channel to broadcast the episodes.(sadly though I doubt this will happen. But if we all band together and demand more Case Closed, we might be able to make something happen.

i agree,i think we really can

I don't want Case Closed. I <3 Detective Conan, I HATE Case Closed! Seriously?! Rachel?! Jimmy?! How much worse could you get? At least the Chinese version is semi-good (okay, I'm still working on my Chinese, and the dubs are good enough for me, happy?) and the Chinese manga is awesome! They kind of pixelated the really violent scenes, but they stopped doing it after about the first ten volumes. How many volumes of the Chinese version do I own? 67, cuz that's how many there were when I last went to China. How many anime episodes? Over 500, but I can't read Chinese subtitles for the last fifty. Movies, only the 12th but the quality is so poor it's unwatchable. *sigh* i guess that's what you get when you go Chinese Black market... Case Closed used to be on Cartoon Network, but on the freakin' ADULT SWIM! Does it look like your average adult show? At least put in teens! If Pokemon can survive, then Case Closed can! (that way, I could get all my friends to watch it, but I wouldn't. I watch it in Japanese! ^-^)

if i have money i would. but i don't have money. and a manga if you convert it to peso

is 100 pesos ( sale ) they aren't even new.

so if i were to guess the exact price that would be uhmm 150 and above..

I agree when the show first hit cartoon Network I wasn't old enough to buy anything and my parent wouldn't buy me a cartoon that was on adult swim. The only timed I watch Case Closed if my older sister was watching it. Now I am old enough I went out and bought them. I was still in middle school or younger. I mean why put it on adult swim and really late if i recall. Now I been watch it and my parents seems to like it also. I think Funimation choosed the wrong channel. Otherwise they would have made more money.

www.youtube.com/SaveCaseClosed found them on youtube. They are official group, they have actually talked with funimation already. I've seen the forums on beta funimation. Sophie said yes. SaveCaseClosed have a podcast on their youtube channel.

I posted this on both forum.