SUPPORT THE "CASE CLOSED" FRANCHISE!!!

Will you help the US Franchise?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will you help the US Franchise?

2. 2. If so, how will you do it?

• Buying all Movies
    • Buying all season box sets
    • Buying Manga (Hey, why Not?)
    • All of the Above (Even If I DO watch the english stuff online)
    • None of the Above (I don't like the US version)
  3. 3. How much have you done so far?

• Bought all or most Movies up to date
    • Bought all or most Season Box sets up to date
    • Bought all or most of the Manga Volumes
    • All of the above
    • None of the above (I don't like the US version)

www.youtube.com/SaveCaseClosed found them on youtube. They are official group, they have actually talked with funimation already. I've seen the forums on beta funimation. Sophie said yes. SaveCaseClosed have a podcast on their youtube channel.

I posted this on both forum.

And my response there is the same as the one I'm posting here. It's over. Done. Finite. Kaput. There will be no more dubbed Case Closed. All the internet petitions in the world and all of the "SaveCaseClosed" groups on the planet could never bring it back. It's gonna take a lot more than a bunch of people asking them very nicely to keep dubbing the series to get them to go back to dubbing the series.

FUNimation and Case Closed had a chance, but they blew it. The series had high ratings with the 12-18 group, which wasn't the group FUNimation was aiming for, and they decided to sit on that information and not do anything with it. Hence, even though the show actually HAD good ratings with a certain age group, FUNimation decided the sales were too low to warrant more dubbing. Doesn't that tell you guys anything?

The only chance you have is if another group decides to dub the series, and to be frank I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't want Case Closed. I <3 Detective Conan, I HATE Case Closed! Seriously?! Rachel?! Jimmy?! How much worse could you get? At least the Chinese version is semi-good (okay, I'm still working on my Chinese, and the dubs are good enough for me, happy?) and the Chinese manga is awesome! They kind of pixelated the really violent scenes, but they stopped doing it after about the first ten volumes. How many volumes of the Chinese version do I own? 67, cuz that's how many there were when I last went to China. How many anime episodes? Over 500, but I can't read Chinese subtitles for the last fifty. Movies, only the 12th but the quality is so poor it's unwatchable. *sigh* i guess that's what you get when you go Chinese Black market... Case Closed used to be on Cartoon Network, but on the freakin' ADULT SWIM! Does it look like your average adult show? At least put in teens! If Pokemon can survive, then Case Closed can! (that way, I could get all my friends to watch it, but I wouldn't. I watch it in Japanese! ^-^)

Harley Frickin Hartwell.

I don't want Case Closed. I <3 Detective Conan, I HATE Case Closed! Seriously?! Rachel?! Jimmy?! How much worse could you get? At least the Chinese version is semi-good (okay, I'm still working on my Chinese, and the dubs are good enough for me, happy?) and the Chinese manga is awesome! They kind of pixelated the really violent scenes, but they stopped doing it after about the first ten volumes. How many volumes of the Chinese version do I own? 67, cuz that's how many there were when I last went to China. How many anime episodes? Over 500, but I can't read Chinese subtitles for the last fifty. Movies, only the 12th but the quality is so poor it's unwatchable. *sigh* i guess that's what you get when you go Chinese Black market... Case Closed used to be on Cartoon Network, but on the freakin' ADULT SWIM! Does it look like your average adult show? At least put in teens! If Pokemon can survive, then Case Closed can! (that way, I could get all my friends to watch it, but I wouldn't. I watch it in Japanese! ^-^)

Harry Wilder (aka, Takagi). :mellow:

And lets not forget Detective Saimone! (Sato never got a first name in the dub)

There's also our favorite bad guys: Melkior and Kaspar. (Gin and Vodka)

At least her name is somewhat close to her original name... I mean, really, HOW to they get "Harry Wilder" out of Wataru Takagi?!

Lol. :P

At least her name is somewhat close to her original name... I mean, really, HOW to they get "Harry Wilder" out of Wataru Takagi?!

Lol. :P

My guess is that they switched around Takagi and Wataru, changed Wataru to Wilder, and Harry rhymes with Takagi. That's the only explanation I got.

I know right?yociexp115.gif

It wouldn't be entirely possible to keep the franchise alive in the US, but the only way to do so is as depressing as it's considered is to buy the products (manga and/or dvd).

As I've told folks who wish to see Disney show more effort in their animation, the only thing that companies listen to are the sound of the wallets opening up as the money inside is spent on their products. To a company no/little money equal no/little interest.

And even then, the only kind of petitions that have a chance at working are the old fashion write your signature on sheet of paper. Online petitions show no effort, and only convince the company that fans aren't willing to go the extra mile.

If they decide to dub anything else, which is highly unlikely, then I'll buy it. They might screw up all the facts, make Heiji Canadian, and add in a ton of stupid puns, but it's still the same series. And if you dislike it, you can always use the subtitles, as Funimation (conveniently) made the subtitles correspond to the original Japanese audio, and not the English, on the majority of their releases.

At this point, the best bet is to have another company re-dub everything, and do it RIGHT. But that won't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manga quits too before long. After all, many have complained that the English manga volume translations are WORSE than the scans online. But keep this in mind: the paper volumes are done by people who generally know English, and the pictures aren't blurry, and the pictures aren't flipped around because somebody wanted them to be read from left to right.

*end of rant*

If they decide to dub anything else, which is highly unlikely, then I'll buy it. They might screw up all the facts, make Heiji Canadian, and add in a ton of stupid puns, but it's still the same series. And if you dislike it, you can always use the subtitles, as Funimation (conveniently) made the subtitles correspond to the original Japanese audio, and not the English, on the majority of their releases.

Well if the DVDs available were to rise in sales and the manga volumes sold more, the likeliness would increase.

Granted it's not a manga/anime and a slightly different scenario, Family Guy at the beginning of the 2000s was held in very little regard by Fox, but they gave it a DVD release regardless and the sales impressed Fox to the point that the show got a revival and for better or worse they tend to hold new animated shows to Family Guy standards.

Now I will confess to not going for the DVDs, but in the case of a lengthy manga, I tend to do manga only and skip the anime for the most part as I don't want to pay too much to get the same stories twice. But I have considered the movies which are all anime exclusives, and maybe going for the box sets which are heavier on anime exclusives (Season 2-4 look plausible).

IT'S NOT HAPPENING. No matter how disappointing it is, no matter how much effort we put for the cause, I'm sorry to say this but: it's just not happening.

The only way it can be made possible again is if some other group, other than FUNimation, creates their own dubs of the series. Other than that, I'd say it would be impossible unfortunately.

For all those disappointed dub fans, you all should just stick to the subbed version. Even I started out watching the show in English. Then after the first 130 episodes, I transferred to subs (and I think it was a great decision). Not only can you get a better grasp of the whole situation of the show, but you may even learn about Japanese culture, language, history, etc. (stuff that you cannot learn in the English dub). I had a hard time adjusting to it at first, but just trust me, it will all be fine in the end. :) -words of encouragement

• Upvote 1

IT'S NOT HAPPENING. No matter how disappointing it is, no matter how much effort we put for the cause, I'm sorry to say this but: it's just not happening.

I can agree that online petitions and fan pleads won't make a difference, but in the business world high sales tend to merit more products. Can you specifiy why you believe that high sales would be ineffective?

Now yes, if things continue as they are and most products don't get purchase, then Case Closed is as good as over with the manga likely canceled.

I transferred to subs (and I think it was a great decision). Not only can you get a better grasp of the whole situation of the show, but you may even learn about Japanese culture, language, history, etc. (stuff that you cannot learn in the English dub). I had a hard time adjusting to it at first, but just trust me, it will all be fine in the end. :) -words of encouragement

The Funimation DVDs contain the audio track for the the Japanese Version and the subtitles correspond with that, so you can still get the Japanese culture that you'd get from fansubs.

I can agree that online petitions and fan pleads won't make a difference, but in the business world high sales tend to merit more products. Can you specifiy why you believe that high sales would be ineffective?

I never said high sales would be ineffective. And based on the fact that there were BARELY any high sales of the Case Closed franchise, it's unnecessary for me to answer that question. I'm not trying to sound like a downer but the odds of a miracle happening and the odds that FUNimation resumes continuing the show are little to none.

The Funimation DVDs contain the audio track for the the Japanese Version and the subtitles correspond with that, so you can still get the Japanese culture that you'd get from fansubs.

I quote-and-quote said "stuff that you cannot learn in the English dub." That means that there are some things in the subbed version that you cannot learn in the dubbed version. I never said you won't learn anything about Japanese culture in the English version.

I quote-and-quote said "stuff that you cannot learn in the English dub." That means that there are some things in the subbed version that you cannot learn in the dubbed version. I never said you won't learn anything about Japanese culture in the English version.

Ok, but as I've said, the DVDs contain the Japanese track and the subtitles specifiy which is being said in the Japanese Version (with the honorifics and all), so the point you brought up should be a non-issue.

Ok, but as I've said, the DVDs contain the Japanese track and the subtitles specifiy which is being said in the Japanese Version (with the honorifics and all), so the point you brought up should be a non-issue.

That's beside the point. I'm talking about the actual episodes shown, not any bonus feature in a DVD case. When you watch the subbed version rather, you can get a better view point of what the creator Gosho Aoyama is trying to pursue, while in the dubbed version, some things are being altered from the original.

That's beside the point. I'm talking about the actual episodes shown, not any bonus feature in a DVD case. When you watch the subbed version rather, you can get a better view point of what the creator Gosho Aoyama is trying to pursue, while in the dubbed version, some things are being altered from the original.

I'm at a loss as to what your problem with the DVDs is. The Case Closed DVDs give you the option to watch the subbed episodes with the original japanese language.

I'm at a loss as to what your problem with the DVDs is. The Case Closed DVDs give you the option to watch the subbed episodes with the original japanese language.

First of all, I'm at a loss as to why you keep twisting my words. I never said I had a problem with the DVDs, in fact, I actually have Seasons 4 and 5 right now. Second of all, why not just watch the subbed episodes online rather than buying DVDs, just to have the option of watching the subbed episodes? Third of all, I'm not even sure what the importance of this discussion is.