Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

'Nough said.

I watched AoT/SnK for the hype. Eventually, it ended up being one of the many things I would look forward to during the weekend. I was at the edge of my seat for every episode because of the fantastic job they did with the cliffhangers. But as it progressed, less and less closure developed, making me believe that it's going to follow the path of Naruto or Bleach. 

The show had a great premise. The art stood out, the physics was a turn on for me, and the whole idea really separated itself from many of the other anime I've watched. The use of black humor towards the end was also a nice touch. However, I expected some closure. I was disappointed after finding out that nearly nothing was accomplished over the course of 25 episodes. 

minor spoiler if you haven't finished it yet

Seriously, what is in that damned basement?

I sincerely hope that the show will not stretch above 100 episodes, because I don't want the series to become another Naruto or Bleach. However, AoT/SnK is a cash cow, so I still wouldn't surprised if it did.

I watched AoT/SnK for the hype. Eventually, it ended up being one of the many things I would look forward to during the weekend. I was at the edge of my seat for every episode because of the fantastic job they did with the cliffhangers. But as it progressed, less and less closure developed, making me believe that it's going to follow the path of Naruto or Bleach. 

The show had a great premise. The art stood out, the physics was a turn on for me, and the whole idea really separated itself from many of the other anime I've watched. The use of black humor towards the end was also a nice touch. However, I expected some closure. I was disappointed after finding out that nearly nothing was accomplished over the course of 25 episodes. 

I sincerely hope that the show will not stretch above 100 episodes, because I don't want the series to become another Naruto or Bleach. However, AoT/SnK is a cash cow, so I still wouldn't surprised if it did.

Haha, I'm only on the second episode. Not sure what'll happen next, but the same things turned it on for me; it's been a while since an anime showed such art and animation/action fluency. The fact that it didn't have the stereotypical (and quite annoying) Japanese girl screaming or 'kawaii' eyes is a pretty nice change to what's been playing in the newer animes. About it being over 100 episodes, I personally don't mind. I'm really used to these long-running series, though I do sincerely wish they'd keep it below 400 episodes. I want to wait until it's completed so it'd be easier to power through them, but another DC is too much.

I don't follow the manga, but from what I've heard the mangaka is planning on ending the series in about 3-4 years.  If we look at the number of chapters that are out as of now and see how long it's taken for Iyasama to write the series, then in about 3-4 years Attack on Titan will most likely hit and stop at around chapter 100.  The first season of the anime which aired over a year ago covered about 33.5 chapters.  Given that the second season is confirmed to be in production and is officially slated to air in 2016, the pacing will remain as it has been and will most likely adapt up to around chapter 66.  This will leave the unannounced but inevitable third season to adapt the final third of the manga, and the entire story will be covered in three seasons of about 25 episodes each, for a grand total of around 75 episodes.  This is just from the news that's been sporadically released since the end of the first season.  If you want me to go back and dig around for sources I can try, but some of these announcements were made a while ago.

So don't worry, it won't turn into the next Naruto or Bleach.  However, the whole series will take quite a few years to finally cap off, so hunker down and get comfortable.  If you are in dire need of your AoT fix, there are a few OVAs out which may bridge you between now and the next season.  I've seen all the OVAs that are out as of now, and they're pretty good.

I don't follow the manga, but from what I've heard the mangaka is planning on ending the series in about 3-4 years.  If we look at the number of chapters that are out as of now and see how long it's taken for Iyasama to write the series, then in about 3-4 years Attack on Titan will most likely hit and stop at around chapter 100.  The first season of the anime which aired over a year ago covered about 33.5 chapters.  Given that the second season is confirmed to be in production and is officially slated to air in 2016, the pacing will remain as it has been and will most likely adapt up to around chapter 66.  This will leave the unannounced but inevitable third season to adapt the final third of the manga, and the entire story will be covered in three seasons of about 25 episodes each, for a grand total of around 75 episodes.  This is just from the news that's been sporadically released since the end of the first season.  If you want me to go back and dig around for sources I can try, but some of these announcements were made a while ago.

So don't worry, it won't turn into the next Naruto or Bleach.  However, the whole series will take quite a few years to finally cap off, so hunker down and get comfortable.  If you are in dire need of your AoT fix, there are a few OVAs out which may bridge you between now and the next season.  I've seen all the OVAs that are out as of now, and they're pretty good.

Dang, 2016? The entire show's probably not going to finish until I graduate from college.

Thank goodness it's not going to end up like Naruto or Bleach, or else I'd probably end up dropping it. 

Thanks for the info!

Dang, 2016? The entire show's probably not going to finish until I graduate from college.

Thank goodness it's not going to end up like Naruto or Bleach, or else I'd probably end up dropping it. 

Thanks for the info!

Also, I highly recommend you give the Attack on Titan OVAs a watch.  Some of them are considered canon, so it'll do you good to get to them when you have the time.

Going by MAL, here's the entry for the first three OVAs.  The first OVA is definitely canon, as it covers an unadapted chapter(s) from the manga.  The second and third are completely AO, and the second one is even more comedy and serious, but I don't regret watching them.

The next batch of OVAs are classified in a separate MAL entry.  They're adapted from a short spin-off manga covering Levi's backstory, but I think it was approved by the original AoT mangaka, so it's considered by fans to be canon.  The first one just came out and the second on is due in April.

Anyway, so as to not completely specialize this thread, I just watched "The Place Promised in Our Early Days", known as "Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho" in Japanese.  I already mentioned this in the movie thread, but it's a movie made by the famous Shinkai Makoto and I rather enjoyed it.

Also, I highly recommend you give the Attack on Titan OVAs a watch.  Some of them are considered canon, so it'll do you good to get to them when you have the time.

Going by MAL, here's the entry for the first three OVAs.  The first OVA is definitely canon, as it covers an unadapted chapter(s) from the manga.  The second and third are completely AO, and the second one is even more comedy and serious, but I don't regret watching them.

The next batch of OVAs are classified in a separate MAL entry.  They're adapted from a short spin-off manga covering Levi's backstory, but I think it was approved by the original AoT mangaka, so it's considered by fans to be canon.  The first one just came out and the second on is due in April.

Anyway, so as to not completely specialize this thread, I just watched "The Place Promised in Our Early Days", known as "Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho" in Japanese.  I already mentioned this in the movie thread, but it's a movie made by the famous Shinkai Makoto and I rather enjoyed it.

I already finished the OVAs. The humor was nice, but it wasn't much to be excited about in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to Levi's backstory--I almost forgot about it until you reminded me, haha.

Aw, nobody's posted in the Anime-This-Season Thread since I last did.

I guess I'll just stop by here to say I finished SAO II.  It was better than the first season, but not by much, and I'll be posting more about it once someone bumps back up the other thread.

recently, I've watched colorful, a movie, it is really EPIC!

and doraemon stand by me

Son, stop stalking me.  Just joking, I just watched that not too long ago as well.

I watched Parasyte, which is great, and I'm planning on watching a few anime movies today.  I want to finish Expelled from Paradise, Patema Inverted, and The Girl Who Lept Through Time, though I'm not sure if I'll get around to them all.

Son, stop stalking me.  Just joking, I just watched that not too long ago as well.

I watched Parasyte, which is great, and I'm planning on watching a few anime movies today.  I want to finish Expelled from Paradise, Patema Inverted, and The Girl Who Lept Through Time, though I'm not sure if I'll get around to them all.

Am I ? :P but I just watched parasyte too .____.  and dogs - bullets and carnage

oh yes! please watch them and then tell your opinion x)

Am I ? :P but I just watched parasyte too .____.  and dogs - bullets and carnage

I never watched the short anime adaptation of Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, but I'm reading the manga.  I actually never got around to watching those movies!!  Gah, I never got the time!  I don't even think I'll get it done today!  Haha, I was busy watching Fate/Zero (for, like, the fourth time) with my sister.  But I'll watch them eventually and post what I think of them.

Expelled from Paradise wasn't really anything special.  It had really good CGI faces given how poorly anime handles CGI people, decently executed action scenes, and Angela's body.  There wasn't really anything particularly deep about it apart from that.  Expected more from Gen Urobuchi, but no matter.

The other two movies were a different story.  Patema Inverted was great.  It's a simple premise that people of all ages can enjoy, but it's executed superbly.  Some moments feel almost Disney-like, but most importantly it felt like a young adult novel come to life.  Parts of it were kind of nostalgic, even though I had never experienced a movie like it before, if that makes any sense.  The overall ambiance was just fantastic.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was pretty fun, too.  I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't already spoiled of the ending, but it's still a really good movie.  You can definitely tell it's one of Mamoru's older works, as some parts aren't quite as polished as his newer movies.  The time traveling aspect doesn't really break any new ground in terms of storytelling, but the romance was handled surprising well.

Anyway, watched way too much anime today.  I re-watched another six episodes of Fate/Zero along with those three movies all today and my eyes hurt.  But it's winter break, so this kind of pain is welcome, haha.  Tomorrow I might be starting a series I've been planning on watching.  

I'm late to the party on this, but I just finished watching Levi's backstory.

It was good.

...so good that it gave me a better impression than what the original SnK/AoT had offered.

Definitely not disappointed. 

I'm late to the party on this, but I just finished watching Levi's backstory.

It was good.

...so good that it gave me a better impression than what the original SnK/AoT had offered.

Definitely not disappointed.

Watched it too :3

Levi-sama-ness aside, I don't understand why we have to wait until April to get the second episode.