Detective Conan World
conankoibito

What was the recent Anime you watched?

Watched it too :3

Levi-sama-ness aside, I don't understand why we have to wait until April to get the second episode.

Wit Studio, the animation studio, is busy with a bunch of other works.  They have Rolling Girls coming out in January and Owari no Seraph coming out this spring.  They even announced a third show, Koutetsujou no Cabaneli, which will probably air this summer since Owari no Seraph is going to be split-cour with the second half airing in October.  And of course, the second season of Attack on Titan is slated to air sometime in 2016, so Wit Studio is completely and thoroughly booked.  They're probably working away at the next Levi OVA slowly but surely.

Detective Conan

Magic Kaito 1412

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yoko (I watched episode one yesterday, and it wasn't bad. And woah, Minami Takayama's voice sounds more like her own voice in this. I'm mostly used to hearing her Conan voice. In this anime, it's rather light and soft. And I've could've sworn I heard Megumi Hayashibara's voice in this anime as well. :P Anyways, it's not my type of anime, but I might give it another try sometime in the future.)

Wit Studio, the animation studio, is busy with a bunch of other works.  They have Rolling Girls coming out in January and Owari no Seraph coming out this spring.  They even announced a third show, Koutetsujou no Cabaneli, which will probably air this summer since Owari no Seraph is going to be split-cour with the second half airing in October.  And of course, the second season of Attack on Titan is slated to air sometime in 2016, so Wit Studio is completely and thoroughly booked.  They're probably working away at the next Levi OVA slowly but surely.

I thought most animation studios would finish something way before they release it, especially when they're completely fine with showing a preview. And wow, I really want to check those shows out just to see more of their animation.

I rewatched a few episodes of Hetalia.

geez, I forgot how much I used to love this show

It's a shame that season 5 was just a bunch of fanservice 

...and the fact that the majority of the fandom sound like 2 year old fangirls now.

I thought most animation studios would finish something way before they release it, especially when they're completely fine with showing a preview. And wow, I really want to check those shows out just to see more of their animation.

Nah, most animation studios work on things by the week.  If they show a preview, that's usually about all they've already animated.  When episodes are made, they aren't made from beginning to end.  Every scene is worked on simultaneously, or as simultaneously as possible, akin to the way torrents are downloaded.  Because episodes are pretty much made in the course of one week, you can sometimes tell where a lot of the time and budget goes.  In some anime you can watch a terribly animated 6th episode only to watch a gorgeous 7th episode a week later because all the skilled animators were ordered to spend 2 weeks to work on one episode, perhaps for an action-packed or climactic scene, and let the less skilled people work on episode 6, which maybe consisted mostly of stills and/or talking scenes.  Neon Genesis Evangelion is notorious for it's horribly animated last episode or two, because the animation studio admitted to having had run short of funds. And of course there are studios like KyoAni who have sold their souls to the devil for a bottomless pit of animation money in exchange for having nearly all of their anime characters, regardless of series affiliation, look like blood-relatives ever since K-On.  A bit of a mess, the anime industry is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I got around to watching Nichijou which is something I've been considering for a while now.  Regrettably, I didn't find it as entertaining as Kenzi found it. While it was objectively a very good show, the humor never resonated with me.  I chuckled a couple of times and smiled a bit, but for the most part I didn't really find it that funny.  Maybe it's because I have a bad sense of humor or something.  I don't mind slice of life, and I usually like it a lot, but there weren't many times I thought to myself "oh man, I know exactly how [insert character here] feels".  The randomness didn't bother me either.  Random silliness can be really great if done well, but it wasn't in this case.  My biggest gripe is probably with the characters.  I didn't find a single one of the six main characters according to MAL likable (except for perhaps Sakamoto).  The one that I especially disliked, almost hated, was Hakase. Everything from her design to her personality irked me.  Sigh, maybe I'm just not very good with children, but God damn that kid really ruined what I could have considered to be a decent show and made it average at best.  However, I must say I adored the supporting characters and cast.  If more scenes and gags focused on them, I probably would have liked the show more and even have forgiven Hakase.  Ah, it's too bad, I really wanted to like Nichijou, too. 

• Upvote 1

Nah, most animation studios work on things by the week.  If they show a preview, that's usually about all they've already animated.  When episodes are made, they aren't made from beginning to end.  Every scene is worked on simultaneously, or as simultaneously as possible, akin to the way torrents are downloaded.  Because episodes are pretty much made in the course of one week, you can sometimes tell where a lot of the time and budget goes.  In some anime you can watch a terribly animated 6th episode only to watch a gorgeous 7th episode a week later because all the skilled animators were ordered to spend 2 weeks to work on one episode, perhaps for an action-packed or climactic scene, and let the less skilled people work on episode 6, which maybe consisted mostly of stills and/or talking scenes.  Neon Genesis Evangelion is notorious for it's horribly animated last episode or two, because the animation studio admitted to having had run short of funds. And of course there are studios like KyoAni who have sold their souls to the devil for a bottomless pit of animation money in exchange for having nearly all of their anime characters, regardless of series affiliation, look like blood-relatives ever since K-On.  A bit of a mess, the anime industry is.

Repped you because I have nothing else to say really. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I rewatched a few episodes of Hetalia.

geez, I forgot how much I used to love this show

It's a shame that season 5 was just a bunch of fanservice 

...and the fact that the majority of the fandom sound like 2 year old fangirls now.

How is that show? Admittedly, I stayed away from it because of the fandom...

Well, I got around to watching Nichijou which is something I've been considering for a while now.  Regrettably, I didn't find it as entertaining as Kenzi found it. While it was objectively a very good show, the humor never resonated with me.  I chuckled a couple of times and smiled a bit, but for the most part I didn't really find it that funny.  Maybe it's because I have a bad sense of humor or something.  I don't mind slice of life, and I usually like it a lot, but there weren't many times I thought to myself "oh man, I know exactly how [insert character here] feels".  The randomness didn't bother me either.  Random silliness can be really great if done well, but it wasn't in this case.  My biggest gripe is probably with the characters.  I didn't find a single one of the six main characters according to MAL likable (except for perhaps Sakamoto).  The one that I especially disliked, almost hated, was Hakase. Everything from her design to her personality irked me.  Sigh, maybe I'm just not very good with children, but God damn that kid really ruined what I could have considered to be a decent show and made it average at best.  However, I must say I adored the supporting characters and cast.  If more scenes and gags focused on them, I probably would have liked the show more and even have forgiven Hakase.  Ah, it's too bad, I really wanted to like Nichijou, too. 

Oh dear. You seem pretty firm in your opinion on the show. But to be honest, I wholeheartedly disagree (something that we finally don't have in common, haha). Nichijou separates itself from other anime in that it's humor is unique from that of other slice of lifes'. The character I could most relate with was probably Yuko, so I wouldn't say their portrayal of the characters was completely off (though I admit Mai and Hakase were a bit of a stretch). Nichijou exaggerates typical life situations to the point where even the most mundane events become light-hearted and laughable. The whole atmosphere of the show is so bright and bubbly, it's hard not to smile while watching it. The show is so simple, yet so effective. Shows like Mirai Nikki that layer on unnecessary drama for the sake of character development are a huge turn-off for me so Nichijou felt like a breath of fresh air.

Sure, Nichijou may never hit the top charts, but it's one of those kinds of anime--even after years--that will have many newcomers thinking, "how did I not discover this earlier?" It's still fresh, it's dynamic, and has this incredible sense of humor that I just love to pieces. I understand where you're coming from since opinions tend to vary greatly with this kind of show. The humor of the show probably didn't affect you as greatly as it affected me so it's kinda pointless for me to argue any further.

However, I have one final recommendation: Steins;Gate. This show has such an unbelievable amount of depth to it. I'm not even going to bother advocating it any further because the reviews on MAL are more than enough to express my full opinion of the show.

Also, this:

How is that show? Admittedly, I stayed away from it because of the fandom...

If you're a fan of World History (especially if you have decent knowledge of WWII) I highly recommend this (most of the jokes fly over your head if you don't have a decent grasp of WWII or common stereotypes). Yes, they stereotype countries to an unimaginable degree to the point where it's rather comical. Despite this, I haven't found a single person who has been offended by the show. No, I'm not a fan of history. Yes, I still enjoyed it.

Please, by all means, avoid the fandom. It's embarrassing.

Also, avoid season 5. The show fell victim to fanservice by that point.

However, I have one final recommendation: Steins;Gate. This show has such an unbelievable amount of depth to it. I'm not even going to bother advocating it any further because the reviews on MAL are more than enough to express my full opinion of the show.

If you're a fan of World History (especially if you have decent knowledge of WWII) I highly recommend this (most of the jokes fly over your head if you don't have a decent grasp of WWII or common stereotypes). Yes, they stereotype countries to an unimaginable degree to the point where it's rather comical. Despite this, I haven't found a single person who has been offended by the show. No, I'm not a fan of history. Yes, I still enjoyed it.

Please, by all means, avoid the fandom. It's embarrassing.

Also, avoid season 5. The show fell victim to fanservice by that point.

Nyahaha I actually have the first episode of Steins;Gate open in another tab, waiting for me to watch it. I have high expectations for it.

Haha, okay. Might show it to my WWII-obsessed brother too :D

Nyahaha I actually have the first episode of Steins;Gate open in another tab, waiting for me to watch it. I have high expectations for it.

Haha, okay. Might show it to my WWII-obsessed brother too :D

Steins;Gate is probably one of the best if not the best anime I've watched thus far.

Tell me what you think of it when you're finished!

It's slow the first few episodes, but it picks up speed pretty quickly afterwards.

Steins;Gate is probably one of the best if not the best anime I've watched thus far.

Tell me what you think of it when you're finished!

It's slow the first few episodes, but it picks up speed pretty quickly afterwards.

Yes ma'am!

Haha, I watched so many long running series that these 25-episode ones are nothing, no matter how slow the plot goes.

Oh dear. You seem pretty firm in your opinion on the show. But to be honest, I wholeheartedly disagree (something that we finally don't have in common, haha). Nichijou separates itself from other anime in that it's humor is unique from that of other slice of lifes'. The character I could most relate with was probably Yuko, so I wouldn't say their portrayal of the characters was completely off (though I admit Mai and Hakase were a bit of a stretch). Nichijou exaggerates typical life situations to the point where even the most mundane events become light-hearted and laughable. The whole atmosphere of the show is so bright and bubbly, it's hard not to smile while watching it. The show is so simple, yet so effective. Shows like Mirai Nikki that layer on unnecessary drama for the sake of character development are a huge turn-off for me so Nichijou felt like a breath of fresh air.

Sure, Nichijou may never hit the top charts, but it's one of those kinds of anime--even after years--that will have many newcomers thinking, "how did I not discover this earlier?" It's still fresh, it's dynamic, and has this incredible sense of humor that I just love to pieces. I understand where you're coming from since opinions tend to vary greatly with this kind of show. The humor of the show probably didn't affect you as greatly as it affected me so it's kinda pointless for me to argue any further.

Also, this:

Yeah, for a while I thought we'd never find something we'd disagree on, so I was taken aback by my lack of response to Nichijou's humor.  I'll keep Steins;Gate in mind though, since it's so popular yet something I never got around to watching.  I won't be watching it any time soon only because I have a bunch of other things on my list that take priority.

only the first 3.

You should open your own topic for anime guidence

Eh?  You'll spoil yourself if you watch Fate/stay night in the middle of Fate/Zero.  Either watch F/0 then F/sn or F/s then F/0, but whichever order you choose complete the series in its entirety before watching the next one.  You'll only experience the worst of both worlds watching everything simultaneously, since they spoil each other.

Guess its back to wiki and kickass torrents

What do you mean by that?  Don't browse the Type-Moon wiki: far too many spoilers.  Wikipedia is a bit safer, though I wouldn't recommend it either.

im just looking for order 

relax

Alright, if you say so. Spoilers in Fate ruin your experience more than in most other anime I've seen, so do be vigilant in avoiding them.

Alright, if you say so. Spoilers in Fate ruin your experience more than in most other anime I've seen, so do be vigilant in avoiding them.

you can tell me everything in fate from start to finish and my mind wont register it as a spoil

cause to me...i have to see it to believe it, in no order whatsoever 

you can tell me everything in fate from start to finish and my mind wont register it as a spoil

cause to me...i have to see it to believe it, in no order whatsoever 

Ah, I see, that's interesting.  Well, I hope you enjoy Fate/Zero and then Fate/stay night!  Let me know what you think of them when you're finished.