Detective Conan World
phantomlady1101

Your parents' reactions when they see you reading mangas

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents feel when they see you read mangas???

• Nothing - Normal - Happy
    • Uncomfortable
    • Angry...
    • I don't know, they keep their 'poker face'
    • No comment - I don't want to answer
  2. 2. So, when your parents say their feeling (in bad way)... What would you do???

• Nothing...
    • I don't care - Whatever, this is my hobby and it's not bad...
    • The time I spend for mangas is reduced :(
  3. 3. P.S: When you grow up, will you let your children read mangas??? XD

• Yes
    • No

My stupid parents didn't knew I was watching anime/reading manga Bfor last year,,

They say that Its stupid and I'm getting Dramtic from it,

But who cares?

I only tell them to shut the freakin hell up,

Nothing will change that I'm a true anime fan forever !!~ that's all

By the time I got to Conan (in 2004), I'd already watched and read so much other stuff that my parents were over their initial displeasure (of course, it helped that I was also already at university, where they couldn't do anything about it)

I still don't know how my dad feels about it, but my mom has taken interest in helping me figure out how to orchestrate cosplay after I've chosen a character

My parents don't care too much. They just don't see the awesomeness of manga. But as long as I keep my grades up like usual they don't care. Manga/Anime has actually influenced me to learn about different things and draw better as well as appreciate the little things in life more so I actually say it's good for me :0 Besides, the only thing the makes manga "inappropriate" is the swearing or the perverted ones, other than that I think it it's actually something you have to kind of be mature to read. You have to be able to understand a characters feeling and emotion. My friends think I'm a weirdo& obsessed, but they understand me. :P But it's those "popular" people could NEVER enjoy manga/anime. They try and act cool, so they would just think it's stupid. You have to have some level or maturity of sensitivity to read it in my opinion.

I'm not affected by them as I'm living on my own. If they are around, they don't mind because they know I'm reading Chinese when living in Perth.

My mother questions whether or not I can understand it. I've always been into comics, so she rarely even realizes that manga is Japanese. And she doesn't mind because I'm keeping up with my studies and she herself is a Disney addict. Not to mention that I'm always reading something. Whether it is a book, something for school or a science journal.

Someone earlier said something about reading at your level... My mother doesn't even dare say that because she knows that the journals I read are beyond her realm of comprehension, so I think she knows what my response would be :P

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

my mom likes DC as much as i do and so does my sister but my sis is more of a vampire genere. like vampire knight. my dad is into DBZ and inuyasha...so they really didn't mind. i come from a family of anime nerds XD

me and my little sister got my mom into it since she love CSI and criminal stuff. she really liked it. my dad found DBZ on his own and started getting into it.

they don't mind...infact they come with us to the conventions. you should see my father cosplaying. he's good but rarely does anymore. he's 52

my mom likes DC as much as i do and so does my sister but my sis is more of a vampire genere. like vampire knight. my dad is into DBZ and inuyasha...so they really didn't mind. i come from a family of anime nerds XD

me and my little sister got my mom into it since she love CSI and criminal stuff. she really liked it. my dad found DBZ on his own and started getting into it.

they don't mind...infact they come with us to the conventions. you should see my father cosplaying. he's good but rarely does anymore. he's 52

Hm... try convincing him to be Jackie Chun from DB (who was really Master Roshi)

he tried master roshi once....it didn't go well XDD he looked too old.he wants to go as kogoro next year...because mom got him to watch DC a few times...i think he could work. i'm going as Akemi and minoru is going as Akai...we're bringing our kids next year and my sister is going as yuki from vampire knight. mom's not dressing up. she never does. she doesn't like getting dressed up

Both of my parents were just fine with it growing up. In fact, most of my dad's friends were into anime and manga as well. My mom knows/knew practically every anime I've watched and both of them always know what anime I'm currently into. However, my dad always seemed to walk in while I was watching AMV's when it got to something like Honey Flash. T_T Good thing he always just laughed his butt off and went to go tell my mom "Do you SEE what she's WATCHING? XD".

My mom: Stop reading that Japanese picture book and go do something worthwhile for once.

For anime: Stop watching that. What's the point? Go study.

My parents think I'm "addicted" to DC, and then they say I shouldn't watch it because I could spend my time studying for classes, or learning and doing practice tests for math. I really don't see why I shouldn't watch it, seeing how there's lots of "trivial" stuff on DC.

Also, I've been talking Japanese at home, (my parents were in Japan for awhile) and they sort of got mad at me because my dad thinks Japanese has no use to this world, and I should spend my time studying and learning Spanish at school. :V

My parents think I'm "addicted" to DC, and then they say I shouldn't watch it because I could spend my time studying for classes, or learning and doing practice tests for math. I really don't see why I shouldn't watch it, seeing how there's lots of "trivial" stuff on DC.

Also, I've been talking Japanese at home, (my parents were in Japan for awhile) and they sort of got mad at me because my dad thinks Japanese has no use to this world, and I should spend my time studying and learning Spanish at school. :V

Spanish actually is a lot more useful than Japanese. Technically speaking, English is the only 'useful' language though, because if you're going to go out and do business internationally, you're expected to know English. Knowing another language helps, but... Only in the countries where it's spoken. Spanish is spoken in the US, Spain, Central America, and South America. In contrast, Japanese is only spoken in Japan. (and they all learn English)

I completely understand why my parents dislike watching me read/watch manga/anime, it's just annoying at times. I know I should be studying, but... It's just too addicting for its own good. *sigh* Good thing anime isn't really my thing... I'd never get anything done.

Spanish actually is a lot more useful than Japanese. Technically speaking, English is the only 'useful' language though, because if you're going to go out and do business internationally, you're expected to know English. Knowing another language helps, but... Only in the countries where it's spoken. Spanish is spoken in the US, Spain, Central America, and South America. In contrast, Japanese is only spoken in Japan. (and they all learn English)

Oh well, it makes those of us who learn Japanese all the more unique. I refuse to learn Spanish BECAUSE it's WAY too common. Spanish is too easy to learn if English is your first language. That's why I chose.... latin, I think? XD.... in high-school. I've got nothing against Spanish- but I'd prefer to learn something less common. :grin: