Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

Just thought I would give this a kickstart because there seems to be some interesting info coming out about the next file.

Courtesy Conan#1 from the DCTP spoiler cbox

File 778 spoilers said appearing characters are コナン(Conan), 毛利 蘭(Ran), 服部平次(Heiji), 和葉(Kazuha), 世良(Sera), 目暮(Megure), 高木(Takagi), キャメル捜査官(Agent Camel), ファミレスで毒殺騒動わ世良が東と西の探偵対決でどっちが上かはっきりさせたらどうかって言う

We also have this picture (I forget who posted it first but also from DCTP spoiler cbox)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1091548012

According to red Orchid's translation, Heiji is saying "I know who the culprit is"

Edit Hadaa's translation: http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=6269.msg501864#msg501864

these new files are all about sera

This one has Camel in it it though. He's usually funny. Hopefully Sera interacts with him a bit. If so, I bet Camel will think she is familiar somehow.

This case looks like it takes place in a restaurant {hanging lamps, benches, and food). We just had Ramen Ogura so I hope this one's a bit different than the standard "someone's food gets poisoned somehow" case. Edit: nevermind it is a "someone's food gets poisoned somehow" case, only with connections to Kansai. Finally Heiji is already announcing who the culprit is. This means his deduction is premature, or Gosho actually decided to be awesome and let Heiji beat Conan for once (hah), or this is a two part case and we may be up for a four part related case following it.

This one has Camel in it it though. He's usually funny. Hopefully Sera interacts with him a bit. If so, I bet Camel will think she is familiar somehow.

This case looks like it takes place in a restaurant {hanging lamps, benches, and food). We just had Ramen Ogura so I hope this one's a bit different than the standard "someone's food gets poisoned somehow" case. Finally Heiji is already announcing who the culprit is. This means his deduction is premature, or Gosho actually decided to be awesome and let Heiji beat Conan for once (hah), or this is a two part case and we may be up for a four part related case following it.

looking forward to this one, it looks like this one will be awesome camel, sera.

In the past heiji appeared a lot when characters like jodie and eisuke were introduced, to help conan figure them out. Maybe in these new files he will have the same roll with sera

I guess I'll post what I did on DCTP then:

I wonder why

Camel is in the file...I really hope it'll lead to something bigger...

Sera is also there according to the french forum...that's great^^

There are several ways this can develop, I'd say the most likely are:

1) Camel sees Sera and thinks she 'looks familar' due to Sera's apparent relation to Akai.

2) If Takagi and Megure are in this file there is no way they are going to let it go that the FBI are still in Japan, there's been a gradual build up of them getting more and more suspicious and considering it's been at least a month (time between Ramen case and the recent bomber one) I don't think Megure will be that accepting of any excuses this time.

3) Around certain people 'Conan's' personality utterly changes, e.g. when Hattori's around Conan often forgets to act childish and treats Ran similarly to how Hattori treats Kazuha (telling them both to stay behind when they're out investigating). So, Camel counts as FBI, Hattori's there and then... if Sera's also there it's... well, I reckon Conan will keep switching between the two extremes of 'utterly Shinichi' and 'I'm just a little kid' mode.

4) The omamori (from the Shiragami case). Ran will, at the very least, have a flashback. Considering everything else going on though and the aforementioned personality issues, it's possible this case will the be the final stages of building up to a suspicion arc that's been a long time coming...

5) This one is nowhere near as likely to happen, but I'm putting it out there anyway: it may key us into just how much Takagi suspects about Conan. He knows about the tranq watch, the football ect; In fact, there's plenty of evidence on the Takagi theory thread (I can't remember the full name at the moment) that Takagi does know at least something about the situation. I think that if it happens it'd be sorta like when Vermouth was disguised as Araide, the hints were everywhere when you looked back but if you're distracted by bigger things like Sera, or you're not looking for it then you're gonna miss it.

;D

So, those are my predictions...   lots of possiblities...  

(Also, the title for this thread says the wrong file number, may want to change this)

EDIT: Found the Takagi thread I mentioned, try this

Also, the title for this thread says the wrong file number, may want to change this

Thanks for pointing out the title was off. I was thinking anime for some reason.

1) Camel sees Sera and thinks she 'looks familar' due to Sera's apparent relation to Akai.

2) If Takagi and Megure are in this file there is no way they are going to let it go that the FBI are still in Japan, there's been a gradual build up of them getting more and more suspicious and considering it's been at least a month (time between Ramen case and the recent bomber one) I don't think Megure will be that accepting of any excuses this time.

3) Around certain people 'Conan's' personality utterly changes, e.g. when Hattori's around Conan often forgets to act childish and treats Ran similarly to how Hattori treats Kazuha (telling them both to stay behind when they're out investigating). So, Camel counts as FBI, Hattori's there and then... if Sera's also there it's... well, I reckon Conan will keep switching between the two extremes of 'utterly Shinichi' and 'I'm just a little kid' mode.

4) The omamori (from the Shiragami case). Ran will, at the very least, have a flashback. Considering everything else going on though and the aforementioned personality issues, it's possible this case will the be the final stages of building up to a suspicion arc that's been a long time coming...

5) This one is nowhere near as likely to happen, but I'm putting it out there anyway: it may key us into just how much Takagi suspects about Conan. He knows about the tranq watch, the football ect; In fact, there's plenty of evidence on the Takagi theory thread (I can't remember the full name at the moment) that Takagi does know at least something about the situation. I think that if it happens it'd be sorta like when Vermouth was disguised as Araide, the hints were everywhere when you looked back but if you're distracted by bigger things like Sera, or you're not looking for it then you're gonna miss it.

;D

Nice analysis.

Assuming non flashback character appearances, 1 is liable to happen.

2 I doubt they will ask. They may comment on it, but I think it will be played for gags at best.

3 For sure. It will be awkward because Hattori keeps calling Conan "Kudo". Sera may overhear.

4 I can't believe I didn't think about this. I think there is a very decent chance of suspicion arc development in the chapter. The girls go and talk as usual. Kazuha lets it out that she knows Shinichi, possibly by asking Ran about London or something related to Heiji. Sera is part of the conversation or overhears and then asks some questions. Either the topic of the omamori comes up or Ran thinks about it. If the case involves fingerprints as a part of the solution, then that might also induce Ran to consider some more. Plotwise, this stands the chance of being a major development.

5 Don't think so.

As far as Camel goes I see a few potential reasons for him to be there. I am assuming Sera's appearance isn't simply flashback, and Sera and Camel meet.

The first is Camel thinking Sera looks familiar.

The second is Sera can watch Camel interacting with Conan and confirm her suspicion that Conan is familiar with FBI people.

The third is establishing if Sera recognizes Camel and thus knows about the FBI. Additionally we may also get her reactions and thoughts about Camel in particular who got Akai into trouble and the FBI generally. Basically she could try to hide from Camel, or she could just not talk to him, or freely converse. This will give clues about her identity (FBI agent, high school girl, Org, whatever). It may may also go towards explaining how Sera acquired the info in the first place that Conan was someone of importance. It may also reveal if Sera knows why the FBI are in Japan and what they are working on.

The fourth is Camel can relay any info to Conan that Jodie or others have found related to recent events, scar Akai, etc.

OMG! HEIJI!!! (sorry... fangirl moment...) Hmm... I find it interesting that Sera doesn't seem to be involved in the last page. She seems nosier than that. But maybe Camel shall reveal her identity! Wouldn't it be cool if Akai ran away from home when he was a teenager or something and only sent letters to his parents and lil' sis' from time to time? And she came to Japan to try and find him cuz that's where his mail was coming from and stuff?(weirdest theory ever, I know.) (and me: Kazuha?! Why does Kazuha have to be involved?! *groans*)

The drought has ended (at least temporarily)! This is the 11th consecutive file to contain plot! *Foams at mouth*

I do wonder what the FBI has been up to since the last time we saw them? I hope that they dug up new info, or at least that Kir told something new to Jodie.

And Sera appears again? This time she might interact with Camel/Kazuha/Heiji? Crazy! It's like Gosho wants Sera to figure out that Conan is Shinichi as soon as possible. Maybe Gosho really wants Ran to have a romantic rival? Gosho is crazy about romance . . . hmm.

Just thought I would give this a kickstart because there seems to be some interesting info coming out about the next file.

Courtesy Conan#1 from the DCTP spoiler cbox

File 778 spoilers said appearing characters are コナン(Conan), 毛利 蘭(Ran), 服部平次(Heiji), 和葉(Kazuha), 世良(Sera), 目暮(Megure), 高木(Takagi), キャメル捜査官(Agent Camel), ファミレスで毒殺騒動わ世良が東と西の探偵対決でどっちが上かはっきりさせたらどうかって言う

We also have this picture (I forget who posted it first but also from DCTP spoiler cbox)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1091548012

According to red Orchid's translation, Heiji is saying "I know who the culprit is"

Edit Hadaa's translation: http://forums.dctp.w...01864#msg501864

that spoiler was posted by me from facebook

any problem regarding privacy or did i violate laws

if so i am really sorry i just wanted share that thing

true whats sera sitting and chatting with other

she has such as keeping an eye in conan's actions and also haibara but why is she doing so

I'm really excited for this new chapter.

With the involvement of Camel, something is bound to happen.

I'm just a bit perplexed at why there is only one spoiler picture.

Usually there are three, one of which include the cover.

But I'm looking forward to this, and I hope a BO arc is soon to follow.

This case looks like it takes place in a restaurant {hanging lamps, benches, and food). We just had Ramen Ogura so I hope this one's a bit different than the standard "someone's food gets poisoned somehow" case. Edit: nevermind it is a "someone's food gets poisoned somehow" case, only with connections to Kansai. Finally Heiji is already announcing who the culprit is. This means his deduction is premature, or Gosho actually decided to be awesome and let Heiji beat Conan for once (hah), or this is a two part case and we may be up for a four part related case following it.

Heiji must beat Conan! Conan needs to be beat sometime or another, don't 'cha think?

Conan already lose before. But no way he wants to be beaten in the new case, I feel he's going to make decision either to join in or back down. With Sera around, he's not going to risk anything if he reveal his pesonality around, so Heiji and him will work things out who crack the case or who wants to consult Agent Carmel abou Black Organization.

So, the chinese file should be out soon, this'll be interesting...

(And can someone link the file when it comes out, my phone's is blocked from the DCTP c-box so I wont be able to find the link that easily)

No Okiya!!!??? T.T

Not necessarily.

He could pop up really soon, maybe in the next chapter, or the even the one after that.

He does have that bug planted, which means he's going to be really important soon.

here is file 778(chinese version) http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1094610805

its very intersting how sera knew agent camel is FBI?

Conan said 'Camel-ojisan is from the FBI!' So that's how she knows. This is basically the gist of the chapter:

In the beginning, Heiji says he's coming over from Osaka, and Sera happens to be at the Mouri's house. She asks about Heiji, and then asks 'Out of the two high school detectives, which one is the real meitantei?' Shinichi starts to say 'Of course it's the east' when Heiji charges in shouting 'It's the west!' and all the other stuff. He's kind of mad (you know Heiji) and he says he's been eavesdropping for the past few minutes. Then he looks around and asks where that 'weird girl' is, and then when he figures out it's Sera, he says it's cuz he mistook her for a guy. (like just about all of us...)

Kazuha's getting food from a restaurant (curry) and then she calls him, saying somebody has been murdered in the bathroom and a foreigner is keeping everybody from leaving. Sera then challenges Heiji to have a challenge with Shinichi, saying Conan can explain the situation to Shinichi over cell phone to see who the real 'meitantei' is. When they get there, Takagi states that the man was found in the bathroom, with a poisoned candy in his mouth. The foreigner is revealed to be Camel, and Sera looks at him suspiciously when Conan says Camel is a FBI agent in order to let Heiji know he's a good guy. They then go into the bathrooom, and Camel says he was two stalls over when he heard the man talk about the murder of 'Abu' (chinese pronunciation. I think it's Attori in Japanese or something like that. Cuz... Well, I'm not too good with pronunciation and stuff.) by poison.

According to Takagi, nobody by the name of 'Abu' has been murdered in Tokyo. He went to investigate and found the man dead with the candy in his mouth. He said he then locked the bathroom and kept anyone from exiting. He believes it was suicide. Apparently, the man was talking in a thick Osakan accent, and the man had been sitting in front of him in the restaurant, so he confirmed that it was that man talking. Megure then commands Takagi to go check the Osakan files for an 'Abu'. Sera then notes Camel has been looking at her, and says 'If you've been looking at me to figure out if I'm a girl or a guy, I'm a girl.' Camel then thinks he's seen her before. Heiji then asks if Conan has the answer, and when Conan says 'No', Heiji says he's already figured out the murder method. But how he can beat Conan without a suspect is beyond me. (but I want him to beat Conan!) Surprisingly, Heiji didn't blow anything here. I don't even think he said Kudo until he and Conan were alone. Sera on the other hand... She showed a couple of signs that she knows.

Sorry if that blob was hard to read... That was my translation summary though. Read at your own risk!

• Upvote 2