Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

You guys are making my head spin again... (i'm surrounded by deduction geniuses... I played the game Mastermind and got beat...) I'll just suspect the same person as DK cuz he's usually right about 99% of the time. (I haven't seen the other 1%, but I don't want to be wrong!) :P

I see. Now I understand the relation of the case to the candy. Thank you.

--

About the sweating, yea, that makes sense. Sanpei also wore pretty warm, but well he did say that he is prone to sweat a lot.

--

About the smoking that is true. (goes on with scientific explanations)

--

That is also what I have thought of. If Tooru did not order them, that would mean that he was going to leave early.

--

(Almost) Everything points to Tooru, but something is missing and is unclear.

Your deduction is awesome Kudo.

--

I'm not so sure about Tooru being ambidextrous, but if he is, like CrazyFanOfDC said, the dominant hand is left.

-Just like CrazyFanOfDC said, the chopstick and spoon is one evidence that he is lefty.

-also, if you look at page 9, he is leaning his face (or whatever you call it...) with his left hand. I'm also ambidextrous, and my left is dominant. I lean with my left more often, so this makes sense if his dominant hand is left.

The difference with Sanpei is that he is probably a business man, and came there after work, maybe even was waiting for someone. He was indeed hot because he removed his tie and unbuttoned his suit and collar. He just got done from smoking too. Also he is, well, he has a big build

You got the last part backwards, look from our culprits perspective, your left will be his right, etc

uhh.... no... he leaned on his right hand and smoked with his left hand..... the drink looked as if it was on the right hand side because you can see the art, the bowl blocked a very tiny portion of the glass when we get a sideview with the ashtray in front. i usually put my drinks at the left hand side of the table.... however, smoking with left hand and eating with right hand is just not natural. leaning on right hand and also eating with right hand is even more unnatural. clenching fist while sweating. don't have to say...

Exactly my point! you got it, and explaned a lot better than i did! :grin:

Well considering that Akai is left handed I reckon Aoyama will maybe have the left handedness as part of the deduction to makes us think of Akai (or maybe Gin but Akai seems most likely at the moment). Hmmm... I wonder if Sera will say anything about her brother being a lefty. One thing I don't get is why Aoyama is being so obvious with some of the plot hints, maybe he's trying to double bluff us or something...

*shocked* :shock: I never considered that! I agree. I also don't get Gosho's obviousness in plot lately, my guess is either a lot of fans don't think what we think, we have gotten smarter and know Gosho's tricks better, or he isn't being obvious we are just on the wrong track

You guys are making my head spin again... (i'm surrounded by deduction geniuses... I played the game Mastermind and got beat...) I'll just suspect the same person as DK cuz he's usually right about 99% of the time. (I haven't seen the other 1%, but I don't want to be wrong!) :P

Aww :-D thanks!

Mastermind? What's that? I'm sure you can win next time. ;)

• Upvote 1

oops. My mistake... haha;;;

But yea. Kudo you still amaze me. O_o...

well, this is why I love DC. Deduction makes me think. and I love to get my brains working...

time to analyze the chapters again... :twisted:

oops. My mistake... haha;;;

But yea. Kudo you still amaze me. O_o...

well, this is why I love DC. Deduction makes me think. and I love to get my brains working...

time to analyze the chapters again... :twisted:

Thanks! :grin:

We like Deductions and DC for all the same reasons, i like deductions also because it allows me to find out a lot more than the average person would know in a shorter period of time. *i'm currently trying the Holmes theory from a study in scarlet. *wants to go to shake someones hand* :grin:

Thanks! :grin:

We like Deductions and DC for all the same reasons, i like deductions also because it allows me to find out a lot more than the average person would know in a shorter period of time. *i'm currently trying the Holmes theory from a study in scarlet. *wants to go to shake someones hand* :grin:

IKR. I wish Holmes was real. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did a great job on making this wonderful book(s).

IKR. I wish Holmes was real. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did a great job on making this wonderful book(s).

Absolutely, it makes me think he was our real Holmes. It turns out he had solved some of the toughest cases in his day. The character feels too real

Absolutely, it makes me think he was our real Holmes. It turns out he had solved some of the toughest cases in his day. The character feels too real

I think the some of the cases actually referred to his work? not sure.

But I must agree that it feels like the characters are actually alive as you read them.

I think the some of the cases actually referred to his work? not sure.

But I must agree that it feels like the characters are actually alive as you read them.

yes some did indeed. Now i want to visit London like Shinichi did too...

Anyway, i'm excited for the next case, we will find out why Heiji is there as well as (hopefully) what the FBI are doing

yes some did indeed. Now i want to visit London like Shinichi did too...

Anyway, i'm excited for the next case, we will find out why Heiji is there as well as (hopefully) what the FBI are doing

Oh i almost forgot about that Holmes' house in London. <- saw this in DC. Is it real?

I am hoping the next chapter also.

about the case, I think what you said(and most of other discussions here) are accurate.

when I read the chapter 778, I thought Heiji was sure about who did it, but turns out he wasn't I guess. Kinda disappointing.

FBI is an interesting story, but what I really want to know is Sera. She is suspicious already, but even related to FBI?

Hmmm.... yea interesting.

Oh i almost forgot about that Holmes' house in London. <- saw this in DC. Is it real?

I am hoping the next chapter also.

about the case, I think what you said(and most of other discussions here) are accurate.

when I read the chapter 778, I thought Heiji was sure about who did it, but turns out he wasn't I guess. Kinda disappointing.

FBI is an interesting story, but what I really want to know is Sera. She is suspicious already, but even related to FBI?

Hmmm.... yea interesting.

Yea i think its real, i think its the Holmes museum.

I'm excited because think Heiji will question Sera and the plot should really heat up. I wish i knew who Sera realy is, she has to be more than just Akai's sister.

here is what i'm thinking

I wonder how Sera know the Kansai-ben accent, and seemed to solve the case so easily? Even Kudo didn't get it at first, and he lives in Japan. Sera is supposed to have lived in the US

Sera, didn't say, it seems Kudo solved the case, she said it seems like he did while looking at conan. She had to know he didn't call him yet, i have a feeling Sera knows too much. She is defiantly hiding a lot about her past.

I wonder is there any connection with London?

File768_001.png

Notice the English flag and Sera's hat

I mean how else was Ran suppose to know what Sera's mom looked like, their was no guarantee Ran would have said yea.

Agent Camel seemed to recognize Sera and apparently felt Jodie may have the same feeling, or else why would he send it to her? My guess is it has something to do with Shuu. She obviously didn't recognize her. She very well may be Akai's sister

I have a feeling Sera may get questioned by Heiji later, but i'm not sure of what the real reason for him coming is, it must be important.

One thing is for sure, this case will lead to something big

If, by house you mean the Sherlock Holmes museum then yes, it definitely exists and the statue's real too. I went down to London last week so I looked out for all those things (I spotted half of the buildings that were clues..) unfortunately I didn't get to go into the museum because we were in a rush...

Exactly. an interesting yet clever twist Gosho made.

Well, he always does but this is an interesting one that caught my eyes right away.

I agree with you. She knows too much. Suspicious yet interesting.

I'm keeping my eyes on her. (I'm sorry Haibara...)

What I want to know is....

How did she suspected Conan = Shinichi? (You see, Girls are scary and quite mysterious like "that person".)

She even purposely made mistake in her deductions to "test" Shinichi/Conan on that case in the hotel thing.

And yes, I thought that was a bit strange that there is a UK flag on Conan's pants with Sera's hat on his hand.

She even knows(or suspected, but I think she knew.) Someone else was living in Kudo's house.

She is pretty confident with her speech/conversation most of the time.

Something interesting is about happen soon, but that depends on Gosho whether he wants to reveal it sooner or later.

I like her personality... (Oh man, Haibara is definitely going to kill me...)

She is very confident in everything so far. I wonder how things will turn out.

Who knows,... ShinRan, ConAi, ShinSera(It's been all over in Korean forums) we'll see. This is rather interesting.

...I'm using same word(s) too much. I need to study vocabs.... =_=

Exactly. an interesting yet clever twist Gosho made.

Well, he always does but this is an interesting one that caught my eyes right away.

I agree with you. She knows too much. Suspicious yet interesting.

I'm keeping my eyes on her. (I'm sorry Haibara...)

What I want to know is....

How did she suspected Conan = Shinichi? (You see, Girls are scary and quite mysterious like "that person".)

She even purposely made mistake in her deductions to "test" Shinichi/Conan on that case in the hotel thing.

And yes, I thought that was a bit strange that there is a UK flag on Conan's pants with Sera's hat on his hand.

She even knows(or suspected, but I think she knew.) Someone else was living in Kudo's house.

She is pretty confident with her speech/conversation most of the time.

Something interesting is about happen soon, but that depends on Gosho whether he wants to reveal it sooner or later.

I like her personality... (Oh man, Haibara is definitely going to kill me...)

She is very confident in everything so far. I wonder how things will turn out.

Who knows,... ShinRan, ConAi, ShinSera(It's been all over in Korean forums) we'll see. This is rather interesting.

...I'm using same word(s) too much. I need to study vocabs.... =_=

I agree completely

I really like Sera as well, her personality is great, i just wish she wasn't so flat, it feels weird. ShinSera! lol that would be entertaining but horrible for Ran. I want to read fanfics on that now

@Stopwatch you should have taken pictures

If, by house you mean the Sherlock Holmes museum then yes, it definitely exists and the statue's real too. I went down to London last week so I looked out for all those things (I spotted half of the buildings that were clues..) unfortunately I didn't get to go into the museum because we were in a rush...

*Gasp.* Please do take pictures to show us.

I agree completely

I really like Sera as well, her personality is great, i just wish she wasn't so flat, it feels weird. ShinSera! lol that would be entertaining but horrible for Ran. I want to read fanfics on that now

@Stopwatch you should have taken pictures

I know. the fact that she is flat is a bit O_o... kind of moment, but still how awesome is she? She knows Jeet Kune Do! Well, I'm Haibara/Shiho fan, but Sera is just truly interesting character that Gosho (probably) have ever made.

I do wonder why would she hide her deductions... I know she is doing that on purpose to make sure if Conan=Shinichi or something; she is just that kind of character that is just getting my curiosity even more...

there isn't one fanfic about ShinSera, but they were just talking about "it could happen."

Sera is a pretty interesting character who obviously knows more than she's saying. But no ShinSera for me...

I love Conan's smirk...and then Sera's. I almost wish that Conan would get beaten by somebody other than his dad for once...it'd be interesting to see, though highly unlikely.

@APTX-san + Detective Kudo: I'll put up some of the pics up in off-topic later, the one of the statue isn't that good, it's not blurry or anything, it's just that people were everywhere. Anyway, I've also got nice ones with the weirdly shaped buildings from the London Arc (plus some from other places and the London Eye, I'm still suprised I actually went through with going on it...) :mrgreen:

:(( According to 780 spoiler, I got wrong :(( I thought that person was the culprit. Goshoooo please stop inventing too many fake and disturb details. My little head is spinning around.

For those who haven't seen yet seen the spoilers:

コナン 「魔法の料理」

Title: Magical Dishes

目黒と高木の会話(毒殺された男関連)→新一から電話が来た芝居をするコナン

Megure and Takagi are talking about the body when Conan approaches. Conan pretends that he's had a phone call from Shinichi.

コナン「関西人だって隠してる人が犯人、飲めば関西人だとわかる魔法の料理がある」→味噌汁をみんなに飲ませる。

Conan: "There's a magic food item which'll reveal who's from Kansai." Conan makes everyone drink miso soup.

平次、和葉、甘粕は辛いと言い、他の皆は「しょっぱい」→コナンが甘粕に、語尾に「さ」を付ける言い方を東京の人は「東京弁」なんて言わない、そういうのは関西人ぐらいじゃない?

Heiji, Kazuha and the ramen person say that it was 'Karai', whilst everybody else says, "Shoppai." Conan tells the ramen guy that sticking 'sa' at the end of every sentence isn't known as 'Tokyo-ben' - only someone from Kansai would call it that...(well, to be fair, it could be somebody from any ken bar Tokyo...)

言い方が変なら…と甘粕が東條に、水菓子を食べるって言ってたのにフルーツを注文した、菓子じゃない

コナン「江戸の言葉、平次はお菓子だと思い、甘くて太るって言ったから、大阪じゃ使われてないんでしょ?」

突然関西弁で話しだすコナン→イラっとする平次→関西弁で切れる甘粕

Conan starts talking in Kansaiben...And Heiji and the ramen guy just can't restrain themselves...

コナン「下手な関西弁を使われてイラってくるのも関西人の特徴」→「犯行後にラーメンを頼んだのは、お手ふきが欲しかったからだよね?毒を拭き取る為に!」

Conan says that the mark of a kansai person is that they get annoyed when somebody speaks in a poor kansai accent. The guy ordered the ramen because he wanted the napkin that came with it to wipe up the poison.

「トイレで流せなかったのは水を流す音がしたから」→「タバコを左手で吸ったのは毒がちゃんと取れたかわからなかったから」→「お手ふきを調べればおじさんが犯人だとわかると思うよ?」

He couldn't flush it down the loo as that would make a noise, and he'd been smoking with his left hand just in case he still had traces of the poison on him. When they find the napkin, then apparently that's proof that the ramen guy was the culprit. Hmm...somebody's got ramen on the brain recently.

外でFBI達の会話→ジェイムス「こんな娘…覚えはないな…」ジョディ(え?娘?)キャメル「よく女の子だとわかりましたね」ジョディ(あれ?この娘…誰かに似てる?)

FBI talking outside - James: "I don't recall having seen a girl like this before." Jody: "A girl?" Camel: "I'm amazed you could tell it's a girl." Jody: "This girl..she reminds me of somebody..."

皆で会話→世良「引き分けね」→蘭と和葉の会話→毛利「ボウズは現場にいなかったから…奴の方が上?」→平次「バラスで…」→コナン「んで?オメー何しに東京に来たんだよ?」

Everybody talking - Sera says: "Looks as though the contest is a draw." Ran and Kazuha chat. " Heiji threatens to reveal Conan's identity, then Conan asks him why he came to Tokyo.

Credit goes to Conan 48:69 for the spoiler and Zenthisoror for the translation...

:(( According to 780 spoiler, I got wrong :(( I thought that person was the culprit. Goshoooo please stop inventing too many fake and disturb details. My little head is spinning around.

Who is the culprit?

EDIT: nvm

thats the specialty of the series yociexp21.gif

I love how Gosho puts an indirect assumptions to who is the culprit.

That's how I got into the DC series because it is different from the others.

There is a perfect explanations to who it is, but the was he confuses the readers is amazing.

That's why I admire him and his skills.

Nice going Detective Kudo on your deduction! I am somewhat ashamed to say that I didn't even put any effort forward because I was disheartened that the case involved a knowledge of the Japanese language.

James Black identifying that Sera was a girl right off was interesting. I think that means he met her once and doesn't remember that he did. Maybe he met Akai's family as a group once before, especially if he had a hand in making sure they went to the US from Japan three years ago.

I loved Chapter 780!! (HeiShin HeiShin everywhere! ^^) Heiji was just so adorkable.. Conan as well. I've never seen him act like that before... *laughs again*