Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

here is file 778(chinese version) http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1094610805

its very intersting how sera knew agent camel is FBI?

She is a detective. Shinichi is also able to deduce a lot of infos about persons he meets for the first time.

Which is more interesting is the fact that Camel is disturbed by her presence, even if he apparently meets Sera for the first time.

Other than that, the three high-school detectives are finally reunited.

these new files are all about sera

True. This is very suspicious to see how often she appears since her first appearance. And her true goal remains completely unknown, the only thing we know being that she has some kind of interest in Haibara.

Seems to be getting exciting.

Hopefully the next chapter (which will probably have more plot), will be more action packed and maybe feature a BO member! There's always that probability!

YAY!! The translation is OUT!! I just read it!!

Sera says something interesting... She says "My mom is skinny, but she's well endowed(her chest)!! Right, Ran-chan?: And Ran replies, "Uh, yeah..." thinking 'I've never met your mother before...'

So could that have to do with the person Sera is related to?? And Camel says he's seen Sera before.

I KNOW!! Maybe Sera is Jodie and Akai's daughter!! ...Just kidding.

But who is the person Sera is referring to as her mother?? I think it will play a big part... And it probably be means Ran has met her before...

MAYBE VERMOUTH'S DAUGHTER?! ...I really need to stop hypothesizing...

I'm definitely going to wait on a DCTP translation before making a serious attempt. The reason why is that I am strongly reminded of the "Two mysterious people in the car" case where their discussion in a certain regional dialect made what they said sound really ominous.

Basically I wonder if "Abe-chan" is short 'cute' way to talk about an inanimate object, the same way Kazuha talked about "candy-chans". Maybe "I poisoned and killed Abe-chan" means "I spiced and ground up my kinako mochi (abekawamochi 安倍川餅)". It would also explain how Hattori got the jump on Kudo in this case; it's an Kansai regional word choice, so Hattori got the true meaning immediately.

We've already seen "kill" be used to describe pounding up mochi, so all that's left is for "poisoned" to be sorted out.

So that means Ran (and probably also Shinichi if Conan finds her familiar) knows Sera's mother. Skinny but with a big chest, hum...

I remember she said she was interested in Ran. And she seems to have heard about Shinichi. Yet, they clearly meet for the first time.

And she also has an interest in Haibara.

what makes the case more suspicious is camel seems to know or seen sera and now Sera is also judging heji

After she is analyzing each and every person kudou has ever met or has any type of coneection

for those who haven't seen the english translation

It's out in English. Link to scanlation removed. We do not want to bring angry lawyers down on our heads. Thanks - Chek

Theorizing:

Kazuha called those things "candy-chan", but what would that be in Japanese? I think it might be "amechan", which sounds decidedly similar to "Abe-chan". Maybe it has something to do with the dead guy having his nose held or having a cold or something.

EDIT: Just read DCTP's version, and it turns out I was right. Kazuha said "ame-chan"! I'm so smart, wooo, yay, etc.

I'm definitely going to wait on a DCTP translation before making a serious attempt. The reason why is that I am strongly reminded of the "Two mysterious people in the car" case where their discussion in a certain regional dialect made what they said sound really ominous.

Basically I wonder if "Abe-chan" is short 'cute' way to talk about an inanimate object, the same way Kazuha talked about "candy-chans". Maybe "I poisoned and killed Abe-chan" means "I spiced and ground up my kinako mochi (abekawamochi 安倍川餅)". It would also explain how Hattori got the jump on Kudo in this case; it's an Kansai regional word choice, so Hattori got the true meaning immediately.

We've already seen "kill" be used to describe pounding up mochi, so all that's left is for "poisoned" to be sorted out.

Yea,I wonder if Camel misheard the victim, and he actually said "Ame-chan" which simply is a cute way to say candy. I heard that with his accent he may have said "you" instead of "me". If these are true i think i understand the case and how it was done. I hate cases like this because it requires knowledge of Japanese. Making solving this almost impossible, but this case may very well be one of those cases where you must understand the context of the witness, break it apart, and find out what really happened. :grin:

Yea,I wonder if Camel misheard the victim, and he actually said "Ame-chan" which simply is a cute way to say candy. I heard that with his accent he may have said "you" instead of "me".

Sounds reasonable
If these are true i think i understand the case and how it was done. I hate cases like this because it requires knowledge of Japanese. Making solving this almost impossible, but this case may very well be one of those cases where you must understand the context of the witness, break it apart, and find out what really happened. :grin:
Me too, me too.

Later edit: the wordplay stuff is beyond me, but I just noticed something weird. How could the cellphone wind up in the toilet bowl when the guy is sitting on the closed lid of the toilet? Look at page 11. It's down! If the guy was alone in the toilets per what Camel said, then it doesn't make sense. Also I don't think another person could have lifted the bowl with the man on it and dropped the cellphone in and left the bathroom without Camel noticing. Art error?

Maybe it ended up there as a dying message or something, I don't know. I seriously doubt it being an art error though...

Also, the 'Abe-chan' 'Ame-chan' thing seems pretty plausible, especially if you consider that they've still not yet got a way to identify the culprit. Plus, if Aoyama wants each character to have a reasonable size role in this case it's probably gonna be longer than the recent 3 file cases. Other than that I'm not making any more predictions for now, maybe tomorrow I will...

Sounds reasonable

Me too, me too.

Later edit: the wordplay stuff is beyond me, but I just noticed something weird. How could the cellphone wind up in the toilet bowl when the guy is sitting on the closed lid of the toilet? Look at page 11. It's down! If the guy was alone in the toilets per what Camel said, then it doesn't make sense. Also I don't think another person could have lifted the bowl with the man on it and dropped the cellphone in and left the bathroom without Camel noticing. Art error?

Yeah, I think it may be an art error.

There have been a few of those, but usually more in the anime (take Gin's right handed shot in the Akemi Miyano episode for instance). I'm surprised to see one in the manga.

Gosho's usually more careful when drawing the manga.

Sounds reasonable

Me too, me too.

Yea your right! the seat is down, our culprit couldn't have been in the bathrooms or Camel would have noticed him. this is strange indeed...

I think that it's murder... The murderer might've been the one who said all that stuffs... Coz if it's suicide, there won't be a "BATTLE OF EAST AND WEST" and Gosho isn't that type of stupid guy who tells us the answer in the first case.