Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

Kudo You are amazing!

You even pointed out the things I missed.

I do suspect Tooru as well...

but the thing is, even though the Ramen wasn't spicy,

Eating something warm normally makes you sweat since you are increasing your body temperature,

so you will sweat because the Homeostasis will try to cool down your body temperature.

Also, smoking causes blood pressure to increase, which results in sweating as well.

... well, that's biology, I don't think it has to do with the case though...

since anything that relates to this kind of stuff is pretty rare...

well, at least that's some information :P...

some more biological information will be useful

lets have research and before finds the culprit the DCW gang should find him

woah.... chopstick on the right and smoked with left hand.... i truly support Kudo. even though he is ambidextrous, he won't be like that. most ambidextrous have a dominant hand, which is mostly left. and they only use this dominant hand on heavy works e.g carrying, hitting, sports and sometimes writing. considering that it is only smoking, he still won't use his left hand unless he have to.

p.s i'm ambidextrous :P

woah.... chopstick on the right and smoked with left hand.... i truly support Kudo. even though he is ambidextrous, he won't be like that. most ambidextrous have a dominant hand, which is mostly left. and they only use this dominant hand on heavy works e.g carrying, hitting, sports and sometimes writing. considering that it is only smoking, he still won't use his left hand unless he have to.

what do u mean to say?

I'm also Ambidextrous. My dominant hand is left, but I use right for most things often.

I can hold chopsticks on both hands, and I can use tennis rackets and baseball bat both hand.

Well, Ambidextrous depends on the person.

They can use both, but there are some weaknesses.

For me, I can't use scissors with my left, and my right hand is unstable when it comes to drawing.

What CrazyFanOfDC said is true,

but what I'm saying is that some people use different hand than their dominant more often.

OiOi you both look like u r quarreling with me ....................... some how i understood what CrazyFanofDC wanted tell

well that's what the forum is about....

But idk... am I missing something?

Tooru doesn't have any coffee cup or the small plate for a cake.

and Kogoro said Rakutoshi and Tooru two guys ordered and had coffee or cake.

Rakutoshi had both coffee cup and a cake plate on his table.

If Tooru have ate the cake and drank the coffee, where did the plate/cup go? Rakutoshi had them on his table... why isn't it there on Tooru's table?

Kazuha said it can't be mistaken because Kogoro asked the waitresses about their order.

unless there's a mistake at that point...

And... Sanpei.. Idk.. he did cancel his order of fruits... which is somewhat suspicious.

He also have an extra plate looking thing, but i think that's an ash tray since he also smokes...

... Idk if it has to do with the case though.

And what I am still unclear about is the candy in the conversation in the beginning.

THIS POST IS A COPY OF A POST BY HASUKI ORIGINALLY POSTED AT detectiveconanfanclub.com

http://detectiveconanfanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=153.msg1632#msg1632

PLAGIARISM is a BANNABLE offense, whether you do it here or elsewhere.

- note added by Chekhov MacGuffin

My comments for this chapter:

• Lol at the repeated gag about Sera's chest...
  • I wasn't really looking forward to some kind of competition between Heiji and Conan (Conan says haha and rolls his eyes, come on Heiji, I'm not interested in competing with you), but this chapter turned out better than expected! I'm really looking forward to the next one. :)
  • Aoyama-sensei, have you been craving curry? What's with the repeated references to curry? Or are you going to tell us that Sera is related to curry in some way? (That might turn out interesting :grin:)
  • And to anyone who wants to know why Heiji is one-step ahead, (ahah, Conan, I'm one step ahead of you too! can't believe it!)can't be expressed

My deductions:

• Unfortunately this doesn't look like a plot case, but more like one that is leading up to a bigger case.
  • Camel seems to have seen Sera before - This can mean 2 things: 1) Sera is Akai's younger sister, and since Camel and Akai both work for the FBI, it's not all that unlikely that Camel has met Akai's sister before. 2) Camel can see through disguises, Sera is disguised by Vermouth, and Camel has met Vermouth recently. Okay not sure how I came up with this one, but we must always think out of the box, because Aoyama-sensei never gives us what we expect.

My comments for this chapter:

• Lol at the repeated gag about Sera's chest...
  • I wasn't really looking forward to some kind of competition between Heiji and Conan (Conan says haha and rolls his eyes, come on Heiji, I'm not interested in competing with you), but this chapter turned out better than expected! I'm really looking forward to the next one. :)
  • Aoyama-sensei, have you been craving curry? What's with the repeated references to curry? Or are you going to tell us that Sera is related to curry in some way? (That might turn out interesting :grin:)
  • And to anyone who wants to know why Heiji is one-step ahead, (ahah, Conan, I'm one step ahead of you too! can't believe it!)can't be expressed

My deductions:

• Unfortunately this doesn't look like a plot case, but more like one that is leading up to a bigger case.
  • Camel seems to have seen Sera before - This can mean 2 things: 1) Sera is Akai's younger sister, and since Camel and Akai both work for the FBI, it's not all that unlikely that Camel has met Akai's sister before. 2) Camel can see through disguises, Sera is disguised by Vermouth, and Camel has met Vermouth recently. Okay not sure how I came up with this one, but we must always think out of the box, because Aoyama-sensei never gives us what we expect.

Karan, why am I always the one who have to expose you?! Do you think people here are stupid or what? The way you speak English and the English in the post I'm quoting rightnow is totally DIFFERENT from each other. Really, last time you copied Chekhov MacGuffin's theory, this time you copied Hasuki-san's deduction without giving her credit. YES! I'm telling you this post above belongs to HASUKI at detectiveconanfanclub.com FORUM. If you noticed just a little, I am the red.orchid there. Don't ever do this job anymore, please, I don't want people think we are related, Karan.

I made some grammatical mistakes in my recent post, my apology to those who are reading this thread. I'm really in flame right now.

Karan, why am I always the one who have to expose you?! Do you think people here are stupid or what? The way you speak English and the English in the post I'm quoting rightnow is totally DIFFERENT from each other. Really, last time you copied Chekhov MacGuffin's theory, this time you copied Hasuki-san's deduction without giving her credit. YES! I'm telling you this post above belongs to HASUKI at detectiveconanfanclub.com FORUM. If you noticed just a little, I am the red.orchid there. Don't ever do this job anymore, please, I don't want people think we are related, Karan.

coz i like their post and want to share then here so i do so

i have no intend to copy and paste but i liked the post i wanted to share it over here and yes i din't copy any other post

So many comments, lets see..

@Detective Kudo: Erm, about that - I googled around and apparently there really are spicy salt ramens out there. Sorry! *Begs forgiveness* I'll be sure to research more carefully before I say anything stupid the next time.

Its ok, i was waiting for your reply, to make sure it was true, your not the only one to say something like that. This case requires too much knowledge of japanese

Kudo You are amazing!

You even pointed out the things I missed.

I do suspect Tooru as well...

but the thing is, even though the Ramen wasn't spicy,

Eating something warm normally makes you sweat since you are increasing your body temperature,

so you will sweat because the Homeostasis will try to cool down your body temperature.

Also, smoking causes blood pressure to increase, which results in sweating as well.

... well, that's biology, I don't think it has to do with the case though...

since anything that relates to this kind of stuff is pretty rare...

well, at least that's some information :P...

Thanks, it means a whole lot coming from you

I suspect he ate earlier so it wouldn't affect him, plus i find it weird he didn't order something sweet after the 'spicy' ramen. He also had a hoodie on, if he knew he was coming for spicy ramen, why dress so warm?( it had to have a practical reason like for carrying items without suspicion, cover his face, etc) He didn't come for the ramen that's why. He also chose to smoke, probably to calm his nerves.

I'm guessing this is like one of those chapter where it would be better to know Japanese. but if that is true, then my info is useless. LOL

i agree

Thanks!

you answered what i was going to say, i had a more thorough deduction typed up that went through my thought process,but firefox failed me, so this is a quick one done in my impatience. Sorry if i didn't explain my reasoning properly. Another reason i came to this conclusion is because his right fist was clinched the whole time, its unnatural,along with the hoodie, facial expressions, and attitude, this made sense. the drink is even on the left side. The ash tray isn't because he was currently using it.

well that's what the forum is about....

But idk... am I missing something?

Tooru doesn't have any coffee cup or the small plate for a cake.

and Kogoro said Rakutoshi and Tooru two guys ordered and had coffee or cake.

Rakutoshi had both coffee cup and a cake plate on his table.

If Tooru have ate the cake and drank the coffee, where did the plate/cup go? Rakutoshi had them on his table... why isn't it there on Tooru's table?

Kazuha said it can't be mistaken because Kogoro asked the waitresses about their order.

unless there's a mistake at that point...

And... Sanpei.. Idk.. he did cancel his order of fruits... which is somewhat suspicious.

He also have an extra plate looking thing, but i think that's an ash tray since he also smokes...

... Idk if it has to do with the case though.

And what I am still unclear about is the candy in the conversation in the beginning.

The candy conversation was about the victim gettin angry at our culprit for asking him (something like you killed whomever...years ago) The victim ranted on how the culprit laced candy with poison and killed someone and he was to take responsibility.

Your right, this is why Tooru did it, he didn't order any dessert because he didn't intend to stay long. Kogoro never stated who had which dessert if i'm not mistaken, the one without the dessert or rather, the one most prepared and isn't a detective is always our culprit. He expected an early dismissal if you will.

Your on the right track, just apply the significance of that info to the mystery.

@Karan

All we ask Karan, is when you want to share what people think at least give them credit for it, otherwise its simply plagiarism. we would appreciate that, i'm Detective Kudo over there too, and i thought those words sounded familiar.

coz i like their post and want to share then here so i do so

i have no intend to copy and paste but i liked the post i wanted to share it over here and yes i din't copy any other post

It would have been OKAY if you had put their names under the post, something like "I found this theory cool/I think A,B,C etc. is reasonable to put this/A,B,C at XYZ forum has proposed a pretty good deduction show like this ... etc." It's a minimum task to do, and to avoid any annoyance. Do you understand that now? Because if you do not give the author the credit by clarifying the fact, I have no choice but think bad of you. I hope you are thoughtful next time.

It would have been OKAY if you had put their names under the post, something like "I found this theory cool/I think A,B,C etc. is reasonable to put this/A,B,C at XYZ forum has proposed a pretty good deduction show like this ... etc." It's a minimum task to do, and to avoid any annoyance. Do you understand that now? Because if you do not give the author the credit by clarifying the fact, I have no choice but think bad of you. I hope you are thoughtful next time.

yeah i will be

Thanks, it means a whole lot coming from you

I suspect he ate earlier so it wouldn't affect him, plus i find it weird he didn't order something sweet after the 'spicy' ramen. He also had a hoodie on, if he knew he was coming for spicy ramen, why dress so warm?( it had to have a practical reason like for carrying items without suspicion, cover his face, etc) He didn't come for the ramen that's why. He also chose to smoke, probably to calm his nerves.

i agree

The candy conversation was about the victim gettin angry at our culprit for asking him (something like you killed whomever...years ago) The victim ranted on how the culprit laced candy with poison and killed someone and he was to take responsibility.

Your right, this is why Tooru did it, he didn't order any dessert because he didn't intend to stay long. Kogoro never stated who had which dessert if i'm not mistaken, the one without the dessert or rather, the one most prepared and isn't a detective is always our culprit. He expected an early dismissal if you will.

Your on the right track, just apply the significance of that info to the mystery.

I see. Now I understand the relation of the case to the candy. Thank you.

--

About the sweating, yea, that makes sense. Sanpei also wore pretty warm, but well he did say that he is prone to sweat a lot.

--

About the smoking that is true. (goes on with scientific explanations)

--

That is also what I have thought of. If Tooru did not order them, that would mean that he was going to leave early.

--

(Almost) Everything points to Tooru, but something is missing and is unclear.

Your deduction is awesome Kudo.

--

I'm not so sure about Tooru being ambidextrous, but if he is, like CrazyFanOfDC said, the dominant hand is left.

-Just like CrazyFanOfDC said, the chopstick and spoon is one evidence that he is lefty.

-also, if you look at page 9, he is leaning his face (or whatever you call it...) with his left hand. I'm also ambidextrous, and my left is dominant. I lean with my left more often, so this makes sense if his dominant hand is left.

uhh.... no... he leaned on his right hand and smoked with his left hand..... the drink looked as if it was on the right hand side because you can see the art, the bowl blocked a very tiny portion of the glass when we get a sideview with the ashtray in front. i usually put my drinks at the left hand side of the table.... however, smoking with left hand and eating with right hand is just not natural. leaning on right hand and also eating with right hand is even more unnatural. clenching fist while sweating. don't have to say...

Well considering that Akai is left handed I reckon Aoyama will maybe have the left handedness as part of the deduction to makes us think of Akai (or maybe Gin but Akai seems most likely at the moment). Hmmm... I wonder if Sera will say anything about her brother being a lefty. One thing I don't get is why Aoyama is being so obvious with some of the plot hints, maybe he's trying to double bluff us or something...