Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Masumi Sera (768-770)

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Jeet Kune Do character is <3 (it might be more than one possibility, so you can vote more than one) ~

• Shuuichi Akai's little sibling
    • FBI member
    • CIA member
    • BO member
    • Bourbon
    • Vermouth
    • Just a new character
    • Shinichi's new rival
    • Anokata (the BO boss)
    • Can't decide
    • Enemy
    • Ally

For all those who think Haibara would have gotten together with Sera if Sera was a guy, there was a story hole from the beginning. If Haibara and Sera even attempted to get together, either Haibara will turn back to Shiho (Which means it's safe to go out in public which means the BO is defeated and Conan turns back to Shinichi and gets together with Ran. We all know that's not going to happen any time soon.) or Sera shrinks by taking APTX4869. I mean, that's not going to happen unless Haibara actually gives the toxin to Sera or Gin has some extra and Sera just happens to piss Gin off and Gin force feeds Sera with the poison like he did with Shinchi. Seriously? What are the chances any of that would have ever happened?

It was just a joke, I wasn't serious at all, I wrote a small JK at the end, it means I'm just kidding, ne? 014.gif

I didn't mean to make you write all that just because a joke, since I'm the one who said that, I thought no one would really pay attention to it anyway th_111_.gif

I know, I know. Just wanted to put that out there anyway.

Anyway, I'd like to see what part Sera will play. I hope this Sera arc is far from over. It would suck if Sera is just transferred and stops there. I hope she plays a role in moving the story plot along. I don't want this to be another Eisuke character.

I know, I know. Just wanted to put that out there anyway.

Anyway, I'd like to see what part Sera will play. I hope this Sera arc is far from over. It would suck if Sera is just transferred and stops there. I hope she plays a role in moving the story plot along. I don't want this to be another Eisuke character.

Yea me too! i had the same feeling, lets hope not

I retain my opinion that Sera is a guy, or rather, hope.

To Meitantei Holmes:

My dreams of a BO arc are ruined too... :(

There could still be a BO arc here, this may just be an introduction

Yeah, I agree. Things have been speeding up lately (London case, new character...) within a shorter space of time than Aoyama usually takes. Now, considering that the Bourbon arc is likely the last one I'd say that around the 800 mark things'll start getting very interesting.

About Sera I haven't settled on an idea yet but I'd say she's probably related to Akai in some way, if Aoyama knew this character was important he wouldn't just make the eyes like that on accident. Evidence for this is in the fact he reuses some things in a subtle way (like a hint). For example, the Shirigami-sama case he brings up the idea that when Makoto is disguised as Shinichi that to avoid any awkward questions he'll fake amnesia. This sets up the Scar!Akai thing later (if it was really Akai he wouldn't appear only in front of the FBI if he had amnesia, ditto for if he didn't 'cause he'd endanger them). So, it gives you hints. In this case Eisukes eyes pointed to him being related to 'Mizunashi Rena' in the same way Seras eyes say she's probably related to Akai. Nothing's certain ('though I severely doubt it's a red herring if Word of God (see TV Tropes if you don't understand) says she's important, I'd also think she's a bit young to be Bourbon, you never know though..) :mrgreen:

...hmmm, long post

Me too! i'm suprised she didn't post anything yet

Apologies for being MIA for most of this case. I blame real life. I finally just got to reading the case and I already looked at case solution spoilers, so I am not going to write up the case solution. I got the culprit and method correct, and Sera's gender, but it doesn't count because I didn't post before spoilers came out...

Contains spoilers for 770

The character's full name is 世良真純 which I think translates out to "Sera Masumi" based on the furigana. I may be wrong about this so don't take me on my word. If you are interested in kanji meanings:

世 counter for generations (せい sei) or world; society; age; generation (よ yo)

良 good; or B grade (in an A, B, C ... system)

真 true, reality

純 innocence

In any case, I don't think Sera is Bourbon. I noticed the Akai-like eyes, but I don't think that by itself is enough evidence to speculate on a familial relationship with Akai. The detail is, however, duly noted. Sera knew Ran was Kanto's number 1 so I am guessing she may have been at the match or listening to the radio. (It makes sense considering she is a martial arts person as well.) Her knowledge of Conan is pretty surprising and suspicious (as other pointed out she knew Conan's name without anyone saying it prior), but I am not sure what it means yet. Other characters like Eisuke and random columnists have shown that they know Conan is detective without actually meeting him. I am surprised Conan didn't ask how she knew his name; Conan normally follows up on stuff like that unless he doesn't want to person to realize he is very perceptive.

Sera's behavior in 770 is raising the "she's digging for info" alarms like crazy. Her mistake in the case, not putting the paint cans below the window where they will be hit by the wheelchair, was a strange detail to miss. She saw Conan looking at the wall and the cans and examined them herself. The marks on the cans make it obvious where they were during the crime even if she didn't know why they were there. Additionally, if you know how the wheelchair moves, as Sera did, it's easy to understand the paint cans were there to help tip the chair. My point is that it was a suspiciously simple thing to overlook. It's like she wanted Conan to correct her.

When her recreation failed, she was watching what Conan was up to behind her back. Her eyes were also on Conan when she hears it's Kudo Shinichi on the phone (Based on the previous panel, her head is turned to where Conan is.) She notes Conan takes off to give the cellphone deduction and she locates him. She yells down the hall which makes me wonder if she was trying to figure out via someone's reaction to hearing her voice over the phone if Shinichi is nearby. Finally she transfers to Shinichi's class.

It's possible Sera in looking into Conan and because her observations of Conan's reactions during this case she also plans to investigate Kudo Shinichi. I don't think there is any evidence that shows her intentions (if she is investigating) are malicious instead of merely curious (she is testing Conan) or for some other reason.

If Sera starts suspecting Conan and Shinichi are the same, I see the possibility that she may drive the plot by potentially trying to drag him out in the open either generally or to Ran, while he tries to keep his identity hidden to avoid exposure and the danger presented by the Black Org.

Finally, when Sera mentioned that "due to my line of work, my ears are quite good you see..." and "having seen innumerable cases" my first thought was reporter. That would be a twist.

Apologies for being MIA for most of this case. I blame real life. I finally just got to reading the case and I already looked at case solution spoilers, so I am not going to write up the case solution. I got the culprit and method correct, and Sera's gender, but it doesn't count because I didn't post before spoilers came out...

The character's full name is 世良真純 which I think translates out to "Sera Masumi" based on the furigana. I may be wrong about this so don't take me on my word. If you are interested in kanji meanings:

真 true, reality

純 innocence

In any case, I don't think Sera is Bourbon. I noticed the Akai-like eyes, but I don't think that by itself is enough evidence to speculate on a familial relationship with Akai. The detail is, however, duly noted. Sera knew Ran was Kanto's number 1 so I am guessing she may have been at the match or listening to the radio. (It makes sense considering she is a martial arts person as well.) Her knowledge of Conan is pretty surprising and suspicious (as other pointed out she knew Conan's name before without anyone saying it prior), but I am not sure what it means yet. Other characters like Eisuke and random columnists have shown that they know Conan is detective without actually meeting him. I am surprised Conan didn't ask how she knew his name; Conan normally follows up on stuff like that unless he doesn't want to person to realize he is very perceptive.

Sera's behavior in 770 is raising the "she's digging for info" alarms like crazy. Her mistake in the case, not putting the paint cans below the window where they will be hit by the wheelchair, was a strange detail to miss. She saw Conan looking at the wall and the cans and examined them herself. The marks on the cans make it obvious where they were during the crime even if she didn't know why there were there. Additionally, if you know how the wheelchair moves, as Sera did, it's easy to understand the paint cans were there to help tip the chair. My point is that it was a suspiciously simple thing to overlook.

When her recreation failed, she was watching what Conan was up to behind her back. Her eyes were also on Conan when she hears it's Kudo Shinichi on the phone (Based on the previous panel, her head is turned to where Conan is.) She notes Conan takes off to give the cellphone deduction and she locates him. She yells down the hall which makes me wonder if she was trying to figure out via someone's reaction to hearing her voice over the phone if Shinichi is nearby. Finally she transfers to Shinichi's class.

It's possible Sera in looking into Conan and because her observations of Conan's reactions during this case has also zeroed in on investigating Kudo Shinichi. I don't think there is any evidence that shows her investigation (if she is investigating) is malicious instead of merely curious (she is testing Conan) or for some other reason.

If Sera starts suspecting Conan and Shinichi are the same, I see the possibility that she may drive the plot by potentially trying to drag him out in the open either generally or to Ran, while he tries to keep his identity hidden to avoid exposure and the danger presented by the Black Org.

Finally, when Sera mentioned that "due to my line of work, my ears are quite good you see..." and "having seen innumerable cases" my first thought was reporter. That would be a twist.

Glad to hear from you Chek, was a little concerned about you.

p.s i completely agree, i think this is an introduction to an awesome BO case. Maybe Ran will find out Conan's identity,and the BO will know of Shinichi's existence. And possibly an improved antidote from Ai to cover his butt.

真 true, reality

純 innocence

In any case, I don't think Sera is Bourbon. I noticed the Akai-like eyes, but I don't think that by itself is enough evidence to speculate on a familial relationship with Akai. The detail is, however, duly noted. Sera knew Ran was Kanto's number 1 so I am guessing she may have been at the match or listening to the radio. (It makes sense considering she is a martial arts person as well.) Her knowledge of Conan is pretty surprising and suspicious (as other pointed out she knew Conan's name without anyone saying it prior), but I am not sure what it means yet. Other characters like Eisuke and random columnists have shown that they know Conan is detective without actually meeting him. I am surprised Conan didn't ask how she knew his name; Conan normally follows up on stuff like that unless he doesn't want to person to realize he is very perceptive.

Sera's behavior in 770 is raising the "she's digging for info" alarms like crazy. Her mistake in the case, not putting the paint cans below the window where they will be hit by the wheelchair, was a strange detail to miss. She saw Conan looking at the wall and the cans and examined them herself. The marks on the cans make it obvious where they were during the crime even if she didn't know why they were there. Additionally, if you know how the wheelchair moves, as Sera did, it's easy to understand the paint cans were there to help tip the chair. My point is that it was a suspiciously simple thing to overlook. It's like she wanted Conan to correct her.

It's possible Sera in looking into Conan and because her observations of Conan's reactions during this case she also plans to investigate Kudo Shinichi. I don't think there is any evidence that shows her intentions (if she is investigating) are malicious instead of merely curious (she is testing Conan) or for some other reason.

awesome! But she better not be another rival of Ran

I knew it!!!!!!!! :-D hahahah! my deduction is awesome and Sera is a girl! thanks Kaoko!

You are welcome, my friend!

And nice to hear from you, Chek! I was kinda worried... :-D

I think Sera did a mistake in her deduction.. it was on purpose. She wanted to see Conan's reaction and to figure out what he'll do to correct her. Her cunning smile makes me wonder if she had done it on purpose...

File 771 has been released! It seems that it kinda continues the previous files, so I am not sure weather to create a new thread or not... but anyway, we'll see!

First page cover:

190305_191619650873102_137751676259900_405992_4669239_n.jpg

190716_191619674206433_137751676259900_405993_5644564_n.jpg

I think Sera did a mistake in her deduction.. it was on purpose. She wanted to see Conan's reaction and to figure out what he'll do to correct her. Her cunning smile makes me wonder if she had done it on purpose...

File 771 has been released! It seems that it kinda continues the previous files, so I am not sure weather to create a new thread or not... but anyway, we'll see!

First page cover:

It looks like a DB case and Conan is telling Ai about Sera, he seems to suspect Sera (why the pics are so blurry ?)

I can't wait for chapter 771 either. If Haibara is involved, there is a greater chance that Sera's story plot will progress even further. Like, if the BO is brought up, something interesting might happen!

First page cover:

When was it released? And where do YOU GET ALL THE INFO?

Must...read...file...771...soon...or...I...will...die....

Congrats to Detective Kudo!

thanks so much, and i'm pretty curious about next file as well, i hope the DB aren't in it but i hope the BO is introduced

thanks so much, and i'm pretty curious about next file as well, i hope the DB aren't in it but i hope the BO is introduced

nah, it's still kinda early. They'll come back in the ate 700s or the early 800s

When was it released? And where do YOU GET ALL THE INFO?

Because I am a detective and a reporter, haha th_102_.gif~

You do all realise there's another spoiler pic right? :mrgreen:

Spoiler pic link

Hmm.. a long distance bomb case, Sera, Haibara and suspicions! Interesting, right?

Yup, we know! Thanks for the link, Stopwatch! :-D

Indeed~ I just want to see more of Haibara. Moreover, I would like to see Haibara meeting Sera cd08785a.gif

Glad to hear from you Chek, was a little concerned about you.

p.s i completely agree, i think this is an introduction to an awesome BO case. Maybe Ran will find out Conan's identity,and the BO will know of Shinichi's existence. And possibly an improved antidote from Ai to cover his butt.

Sounds a little too early for that. I want DC to end but I want it to go on forever.... 771 better be released soon.... It's another bomb case? The last one looked really similar. The guy reminds me of the person from the BO who was trying to find Mizunashi Rena but ended up suiciding. Wonder if it's going to be similar?

It would be nice if DC Arcs ends, BO arrested, Akai's Death theory solved, Bourbon identity revealed, when every loose ends are tied.... But the story still continues~ viewing Ran and Shinichi's love life, owning his own detective agency, or something along those lines xD

It would be nice if DC Arcs ends, BO arrested, Akai's Death theory solved, Bourbon identity revealed, when every loose ends are tied.... But the story still continues~ viewing Ran and Shinichi's love life, owning his own detective agency, or something along those lines xD

Maybe... but it wouldn't have that same charm. I also wouldn't want the BO to end. Because after that, there is no more meaning or excitement. Unless a new organization comes around.

Maybe... but it wouldn't have that same charm. I also wouldn't want the BO to end. Because after that, there is no more meaning or excitement. Unless a new organization comes around.

I was kinda referring to Ayera's post. She said she wanted DC to end but want it to go on forever. I thought she meant it like that xD