Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Masumi Sera (768-770)

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Jeet Kune Do character is <3 (it might be more than one possibility, so you can vote more than one) ~

• Shuuichi Akai's little sibling
    • FBI member
    • CIA member
    • BO member
    • Bourbon
    • Vermouth
    • Just a new character
    • Shinichi's new rival
    • Anokata (the BO boss)
    • Can't decide
    • Enemy
    • Ally

I can understand that it's delayed, but just out of curiosity, how long? I wanna see the deduction show! (and the guy's name.) Maybe he'll just be a new 'Gosho Guy'. It might be kind of like how Heiji was introduced. (but hopefully he doesn't have a GF. That way, he could go with Haibara and make us ShinRans who actually like Haibara happier.)

Gosho said his name will be sera,and he is a new, very important character. He also said he somehow finished it before the deadline, according to Google Translator of one of his tweets. P.S he probably won't make the full deduction show next file either. I just don't see Conan letting him do it :grin:

Before I reply to the above posts I would like to say;

Gosho is fine! :D

He said that the new character's name is 'Sera' (if I spell the Kanji correctly -> 『世良』). He also said that he is a very important character.

The part what made me laugh was, he said he took all of his important documents before he evacuated xD and then he put 'laughs' at the end of the sentences, SOT (snorted out loud).

I agree with you Kaoko. But I don't think he's an ally. I mean, he seems to be a nice guy, but that might just be a disguise. I don't really have good reasons, but it's just my gut instinct that he's a bad guy.

Thanks! Gosho might need him and his fighting styles to defeat the bad guys 4412144b.gif. And I think that he's completely new character. ^_^

He better not be a bad guy! He's much too cute and cool for that! (fangirl freak out.) Just a random thought... Could Akai have taken the APTX 4869? (you can slaughter me now.)

Why would Akai take APTX4869 8c460310.gif? For what reason? And isn't Akai supposed to be Okiya as in Chekhov's theory?

Wow. My girlfriend hates this guy for flirting with Ran. You, on the other hand, think he's cute. And I think he's a bad guy. Such different opinions. Well, I'm sticking to my guns until proven wrong.

Girlfirend? You have a DC fan girlfriend xD?

Gosho said that he's an important character so... *don't kill me*

Kaoko your reasoning is awesome, but i do think it could be Eisuke, We never knew if he did know Jeet Kune Do, He only pretended to be so clumsy but easily discovered Conan's identity, Eisuke also said he had feelings for Ran,He didn't solve the cases because it would blow his cover. As for it being to soon for him to appear im not convinced, what if the series is nearing the end. He could also just be a new character as well,It could be bourbon furthering his investigation of Conan (knowing his secret) if he can gain his trust he can get fingerprints and possibly discover where is the Real Akai(i think bourbon can be both scar akai and this guy)this new form is phase II of his investigation. I don't know yet, we will see.

BTW i edited my earlier deduction of how the crime was commited, possible answer to our trick :grin:

Thanks! Yeah... I would like this to be a new character. The more characters there are, the more merrier and interesting the series becomes!

I think this person is a (most likely female) detective who happen to work on the same case as Conan in England. That's how he heard of Conan (Conan wasn't exactly hiding himself there).

Ummm, that could be the case~ ;-)

I suppose s/he could just be there as a plot device to make everyone suspicious of Conan. For example, something like this could happen:

Conan:[pointing out clue] Ah re re, what's this doing here?

Sato: Is that _______? Then that means that the murderer...

Takagi: ...could use this to create an alibi

Jeet Kune Do guy/girl: *facepalm* Are you telling me that no-one's noticed that he always just happens to find clues that are relevant to the case by coincidence?

Sato + Takagi:...

:mrgreen: That's my idea at least. If Chekhov is right and this arc (the Bourbon arc) is the last one then it'd make sense for people to start questioning Conan.

xD :lol:

i heard the next file will be delayed on account of the earthquake. :mellow: Also the new character is simply that, maybe a rival for conan. He is suppose to be making his deduction show at the end of the next file :eek:

Exactly what I think. -_-

Gosho said his name will be sera,and he is a new, very important character. He also said he somehow finished it before the deadline, according to Google Translator of one of his tweets. P.S he probably won't make the full deduction show next file either. I just don't see Conan letting him do it :grin:

Haha, you got to post the news before me.

Cool! Sera.... Now I wanna know what his last name is.... *cries* I want the new chapter to come out!

His last name is... Akai! Sera Akai! Shuu-chan's little bro nya~ xD

PS. I would love to hear Chekhov thoughts on this!

Edited by Officer Kaoko

Me too! i'm suprised she didn't post anything yet

Same here. With all this talk of "Akai" and "Bourbon", I would have expected her to at least have made a small comment.

My guess is maybe because she thinks that there isn't enough "proof" or "evidence" to make any claims or theories as of yet. Maybe after this story arc passes or whenever we get more info on this guy's background and personality will she make a theory on who this guy is.

Yea, She also would have posted a theory on the murder by now, whenever a case, especially a really interesting case comes, her posts aren't too far behind. I find it really fun comparing deductions. Hers beating mine in one detail or another.*sigh* :grin:

Moop Spoilers

http://www.imagebam.com/image/7f2935123622844

http://www.imagebam.com/image/188db5123622847

ITS PROBABLY A CHICK.

Ran's "love" rival. Look at 768. Look out at the body when she is attacking ran :/

Yea, i thought it could be, Cheesus your awesome

Yea! New pictures for chapter 769! Hopefully, the translation is soon to follow. Can't wait to see who this guy really is.

me too

Wait, if it's been released in Japan, doesn't that mean it'll be out in less than a week?! I'm so excited! (*chanting* Sera! Sera! Sera!)

I'm curious. What is the name of the secret services in Britain? (I'm guessing that guy/girl might be in that xD. Or at least a private detective working with Scotland yard)

1) British Secret Services are MI6 and MI5, one's more national and the other's one more international. I can't remember which is which though.

2) So far Sera has been refered to as a male in only two panels out of the last two files (by Chiba and Sonoko) but

if the 770 spoilers are correct then Sera is female

3) Takagi's reply to Chiba makes me wonder, why did he defend Conan?

4) @Aeyra - I think Detective Kudo means that it's a howdunnit so the culprit is obvious

and 5) There's some 770 spoilers are on the dctp spoiler box if anyone wants to look: www.dctp/Latest/ConanNews.htm

:mrgreen:

Er, wow. Lots of different opinions...

Personally, I think thatSera is some sort of BO member, mainly because it's high time that one appeared (how many chapters has it been since the last one?) and I just have this...intuitive feeling, I suppose. Does the fact that he's wearing black count as a factor?

I chose Bourbon because it was the first thing that popped into my mind at the end of chapter 768 . Of course, I fully acknowledge the fact that it's rather unlikely that Bourbon would be so...nice, but hey, they've got amazing actors in the BO, and Tomoaki Araide seemed pretty nice (Vermouth is kind of an exception, but Dr. Araide did seem quite in character).

Of course, he could just be another character that wasn't named on the voting poll, so I added that in there.

Oh, and I retain my opinion that Sera is a guy. No real info or deductions to back it up, but it appears that Sera doesn't have a very large build, so it would be difficult to disguise "him" (let's just write this as if he was a guy) the way Vermouth did with Dr. Araide.

Seeing as Conan failed to introduce himself before Sera guessed his name, I'm assuming that either Sera has inside information on Conan (aka, he's a bad guy, a theory I support) or has known Conan in the past and is currently disguised (a theory that I acknowledge, but hope isn't true, because I want a bad guy somewhere!!!)

I still think he's a BO member. Here is my reasoning:

Just because he said he was a detective doesn't mean he is one. If he's Bourbon and he's a lot like Sherlock Holmes, then it wouldn't be a surprise that his deduction skills are amazing and that he would lie about his true identity. I mean, saying you're a detective is a great way of covering your tracks if your deductions skills are as good as his. And even if things start to look bleak for him being a BO member, maybe this will be something like with Vermouth when we were introduced to a real character (Araide), but it was actually Vermouth in disguise. Not to mention, he never had the box with his name and age and occupation in it (isn't that a bit suspicious?). Finally, he knew how to speak English. At the end of chapter 769 he said, "Case Closed." Sure, that might not mean anything, but I have a theory about the BO. I think they might have some connection with the western world. I mentioned this in another topic, but I'll say it again. If you think about it, almost every BO member has some sort of connection to the western world. Gin drives a Porsche 356A. Vermouth is American. Haibara is half British. The number one culprit for Anokata is Agasa who drives a yellow VW. Sera can speak English, and if in the future he shows even more English speaking ability, then he's a prime suspect for Bourbon. That's all I'm saying.

Apparently

There're a few spoilers about file 770. Check out, if you want to - I copied the spoilers from DCTP cbox, provided by Conan#1, KnightusMaximus and HADAA.

Conan#1: File 770 spoiler: 世良がトリックを説明するがハズレ、コナンが電話を使い新一の声での説明で解決、蘭のクラスに世良真純として転校 Sera explained his deduction well but something wrong, Conan pretending called Shinichi to deduct and solve a case, Ran recommend Sera Shinjun (Sera's full name?) to transfer school to her class.

KnightusMax: Someone asks "世良は性別どっち?" and the person who posted the spoiler responds "世良はせらますみと読んて女子高生です" I can't quite make that out but I know someone asked about Sera' gender. Does that spoiler say that Sera is a female high school student?

HADAA: According to the spoilers, Sera got the deduction wrong and transfered to Ran's class as female high school student Sera Masumi.

Apparently

There're a few spoilers about file 770. Check out, if you want to - I copied the spoilers from DCTP cbox, provided by Conan#1, KnightusMaximus and HADAA.

Conan#1: File 770 spoiler: 世良がトリックを説明するがハズレ、コナンが電話を使い新一の声での説明で解決、蘭のクラスに世良真純として転校 Sera explained his deduction well but something wrong, Conan pretending called Shinichi to deduct and solve a case, Ran recommend Sera Shinjun (Sera's full name?) to transfer school to her class.

KnightusMax: Someone asks "世良は性別どっち?" and the person who posted the spoiler responds "世良はせらますみと読んて女子高生です" I can't quite make that out but I know someone asked about Sera' gender. Does that spoiler say that Sera is a female high school student?

HADAA: According to the spoilers, Sera got the deduction wrong and transfered to Ran's class as female high school student Sera Masumi.

Could Sera really have gotten the deduction wrong?! Then (s)he might not be Bourbon after all! All my hopes of a new BO story arc are crushed...