User talk:Chekhov MacGuffin/Archive 6
- 1 Kaitou Corbeau
- 2 Remaining matters concerning the Anime page
- 3 Pretty much done with the hints
- 4 Oversights in Detective Conan
- 5 User talk:22.214.171.124
- 6 Episodes 110-115
- 7 Re: IP changed all the lyrics for many songs
- 8 Editing "Kogoro Mouri"
- 9 Screenplay Line Deletion
- 10 What is your email address?
- 11 Beika vs Beka vs Baker
- 12 I'm sorry
- 13 Guy
- 14 Detective Conan Special
- 15 Re:How have you been?
- 16 List of minor recurring anime characters
- 17 Dates of volumes
- 18 Sakurako Yonehara
- 19 User talk:126.96.36.199
- 20 Episode Gallery Pages
- 21 Konosuke Jii
- 22 Re:を wo vs o
- 23 Seasons display table on Main Anime page
- 24 Re: Koji Haneda
- 25 Have you tried enabling group changes in recent changes by any chance?
- 26 Troll
- 27 Next Conan's Hint moving issue
- 28 Animal Crossings hint and the mirror thing
- 29 Problem loading trailer in the Movie info box
- 30 Can't Login
- 31 Reported Web Forgery?
- 32 Suddenly blocked from editing any pages except user pages
- 33 Photos
- 34 Mary-kasan
- 35 I'm not saying The culprit is x
- 36 Hello
- 37 My sincere apologies
- 38 my behaviour
- 39 "The Criminal" page comment thing
- 40 Thanks
- 41 Conan in Episode 287
- 42 Momiji's Debut
- 43 Sherry’s Soliloquy pictures
Hi, what do you think of this file? Since it was implied that the Toichi face was just a mask used as a disguise, and since the image even appears on the page about episode 1, I guess your version or Skyechan's version (which are basically identical) are a better choice. --188.8.131.52 09:45, 1 April 2015 (CEST)
- Yeah, it's spoilery. I'll have to think about the best way to deal with it. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 17:28, 1 April 2015 (CEST)
Remaining matters concerning the Anime page
Pretty much done with the hints
I just wanted to let you know that I was pretty much done with the hints ! There are still a few missing, I asked Skyechan about it here. I also added Time Travel of the Silver Sky to the Anime page, at the very beginning of the year 2004 (between episodes 344 and 345) since we don't have the exact airdate. By the way, don't forget about finding a background color for reruns and specials ! Now, I'm going to create a "Rerun episode" category similar to the "Remastered episode" category, in order to separate the two.
Oh and it's a bit unrelated, but I think I encountered a bug with the SpecialItem template : on the TV Specials page, I wanted to add a "MK Plot" line to Time Travel of the Silver Sky, so I wrote something like "pmk=This is a special about Kid", it did display the Kid icon on the right, but not the small box with "This is a special about Kid" under the summary. I don't really understand why since it seems to work for Magic Kaito Specials (which indicate heists that way) on the same page.
Anyway, I'm glad to see we're almost done with all of this. Thanks for everything !
Oversights in Detective Conan
This page seems very interesting, I didn't know about some facts you included here ! Do you have other ones in mind ? For example, I'm thinking of the fact that Amuro apparently never watched the video of Akai being killed even though he was investigating his death. Would that qualify for your page ?
- I had a small list once, but I need access to DCTP to look for it. About the Akai's death video, I posted a rant on DCTP about how weird that situation was. If you can make a case that he definitely should have been able to see it considering what else he knows, go for it. If anyone wants to disagree, they can use the rebuttals section as intended. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:22, 10 July 2015 (CEST)
Ok, Chekhov MacGuffin! I'm very sorry! --184.108.40.206 11:45, 23 July 2015 (CEST)
I see you moved again the files from episodes 110 to 115. I'm not sure I had told you personally about it, but back when I was moving Next Conan's Hints, I discovered that the numbering was wrong from these episodes and deduced the correct numbers from the hints and next episode's previews. From what I'm seeing, this user, Santas20, changed back to the old, wrong numbers, and you moved the files accordingly. I'm going to revert that, but how should I ensure it doesn't happen again ? Should I write an invisible note next to the episode number in each page ?
Thanks in advance,
- From the episodes I have on my computer :
- At the end of episode 109, Detective Club Pursuit Case, there are the hint and preview for The Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School Case (which would then be episode 110, not 112)
- At the end of The Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School Case, there are the hint and preview for Cooking Classroom Murder Case (Part 1) (which would be episode 111, not 110, and part 2 would be 112, not 111)
- At the end of Cooking Classroom Murder Case (Part 2), there are the hint and preview for Scuba Diving Murder Case (Part 1) (which would be episode 113, not 114, and part 2 would be 114, not 115)
- At the end of Scuba Diving Murder Case (Part 2), there are the hint and preview for The White Sandy Beach Murder Case (which would be episode 115, not 113)
- At the end of The White Sandy Beach Murder Case, there are the hint and preview for The Mystery Writer Disappearance Case (Part 1), which is episode 116
- That's how I found out about the wrong numbering and deduced the correct one. Would that not be sufficient proof ?
- Maxdefolsch (talk) 10:37, 25 July 2015 (CEST)
- Yeah for that many hints to be wrong it is pretty unlikely unless they moved an episode or something. I would leave invisible notes at the top of every page using the <!-- Hidden comment notation-->. And also on the season page too.
Re: IP changed all the lyrics for many songs
Editing "Kogoro Mouri"
Should we mention on Kogoro's page that Gosho said in the interview of the SDB 40+ that from now on, the fact that Kogoro is good at shooting is canon or not?
For the moment, the page only says that "In volume 11, chapter 2, and in its anime adaptation (episode 31), Kogoro says that even though he is a former policeman he is not very skilled at using guns, while in the non-canon Movie 2, Kogoro was an excellent shot with a handgun, being able to hit targets at great distance with an impressive level of accuracy".
Startold (talk) 03:54, 8 August 2015 (CEST)
- Gosho interviews postcards whatnot count as a canon info source so definitely it is worth a mention if Gosho has decided to change his mind. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 06:03, 8 August 2015 (CEST)
Screenplay Line Deletion
Hey Chekhov! Not sure who had deleted the screenplay line of code you fixed on Wedding Eve but to clarify as to why they removed it it was probably because it's not needed. Whenever a manga case is adapted the writer of the anime episode is known as the "Organizer" instead of "Screenplay". Wedding Eve being a manga based case has Organizers, but not Screenplay writers. Just thought you should know! :) --Skyechan (talk) 00:09, 11 August 2015 (CEST)
- I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know so I don't wrongly revert in the future! Chekhov MacGuffin talk 00:31, 11 August 2015 (CEST)
What is your email address?
- I'm sorry but I am more comfortable communicating with you using the talk page here. You can also use the forum PM system or even the DCTP PM system if you like. I am guessing you are contacting me because you would like me to upload pictures for you. I strongly encourage you have a look at the guidelines on picture uploads and try uploading a few yourself for starters.
- You should also stop asking other users to upload pictures for you. Scanning, cleaning, cropping, and formatting pictures from manga volumes is fairly time intensive. Asking someone to upload several cases worth of suspects, side characters, and crime scenes is not a trivial request. Detective Conan Special is even more bothersome than usual because they are rarer, there are almost no good quality scans online to use as a shortcut image source, and they are low priority because not many people care about Conan Special compared to the regular Detective Conan manga and anime episodes.
- Just so it is clear, I think it is fine to ask others to do something for you when the task is a manageable size or you aren't sure how to do it yourself. It is also okay to make a general post requesting attention for a particular topic in case there are editors looking for a new project. It seems too forceful when someone who hasn't tried doing it themselves starts to individually recruit editors for their big project. Wiki editing is a hobby which is purely volunteer and often thankless, so it is important that editors be able to choose their own interests and pace. When people beg, it makes editing more like being managed at work than a hobby. I hope you understand my reluctance to help you on your project when I have my own backlog of incomplete pages I need to cover. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 05:13, 11 August 2015 (CEST)
Beika vs Beka vs Baker
The convention across the wiki is that 米花 is spelled as Beika. Personally, I always thought that was less than ideal because 米花 gets spelled out as Baker in the manga when it appears in English letters. (Files 50, 166, 377, 304 use Baker) For various reasons recent translators generally choose Beika which is why the wiki uses it. Note that the alternate spelling shown in your source image is ベカ in katakana (if it were hiragana it would be べか) - katakana being important because it signals a foreign sound. They were trying to indicate the foreign pronunciation of Baker. Either way, Beka is definitely the least correct way of spelling 米花. If you want to hold a poll on the forum petitioning for a conversion of all instances of Beika to Baker (or Beka), be my guest. I will gladly vote for a switch to Baker. There have been polls to change or establish conventions like that for many wiki issues, but until new community consensus is established, 米花 is Beika. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 12:40, 29 August 2015 (CEST)
- For example, kanji "怜" is rei. It is not re, however, 怜奈 Rena (Mizunashi) is not Reina. 米花ポン is like this problem. If "米花" is only Beika, 米花ポン should spell as Bekapon. The character 米花ポン is not "BEIKA + PON", but "BEKAPON". Chukichi (talk) 14:14, 29 August 2015 (CEST)
- Your assumption that 怜奈 is Rena not Reina is flawed. Reina with the "i" is also a perfectly legitimate romanization of 怜奈 and it is used in real life. Look at this woman's name using the same kanji. Other variations of the name Rena which use a different leading kanji with the pronunciation Rei (玲 and 麗) can also wind up being spelled Reina according to the whim of the person. In other words, both are valid, but it is common convention, not some integral rule of Japanese translation, that we use Rena not Reina.
- "米花" (Beika/Baker) is the full complete proper name of the city. "-Pon" (ポン) in this context is a suffix sometimes added to the end of Japanese business names. I'd equate it to something like "-rama" in English. (Deal-o-rama, Pizzarama, Clean-o-rama, Newsarama) If you search online you find Japanese stores with names like Kumapon (bear-pon), Mangetsupon (fullmoon-pon), or fixpon (English word fix-pon). In English, you don't remove characters from the middle of a proper name just because a suffix has been added at the end. Thus there is no reason to change Beika to Beka in this context when the assumption currently is Beika is the proper name of the city. (Note: See what I said above about starting a poll to change that if you like.) If your English name is Robbie, and you were going to add the suffix -esque, it would be written Robbiesque or Robbie-esque, never Robbesque.
- Lastly, to reiterate an earlier point, the pseudofurigana were katakana indicating how to pronounce a foreign sound (Baker). Please don't mistake that for a proscription of the correct spelling. If we used katakana furigana to decide spelling we would be stuck with Vodka as Wokka, and Baijiu as Paichuu or Paikaru.
- Actually Chek, this particular instance for the title name needs to be "Beka". According to the episode preview and the summary, "Bekapon" is the name of the mascot character for the store Beikado. Previous katakana used for Beika in Episode 418's title includes the needed "i" katakana to spell Beika or Baker (ベイカ); this one does not （ベカ）. Official Crunchyroll translation uses the Bekapon spelling for the title, however, it's worth noting that in the summary Chukichi posted a picture of you can see that "Bekapon", the mascot character's name, is written entirely in katakana. Not sure why the kanji is used for the title. The title is the only thing that should be changed though for the time being. The city is most definitely either "Beika" or "Baker", not "Beka". --Skyechan (talk) 01:44, 30 August 2015 (CEST)
- And this is why I don't call myself an expert. I saw the kanji in the title and assumed whatever Bekapon/Beikapon was it involved the spelling of the city name and would need that "i". Regardless of the kanji in the title, if the proper name is Bekapon, then that should be used. It's good to know -pon can also be used for mascots. I assumed that was a store name because that's the only context I have seen -pon used for, but my practical Japanese experience is not great. To raise the next question, is it Beikado or Bekado, btw? Thanks for your insight and I defer to your superior understanding. I clear that page move lock off and revert the edits.
- I would like to do something about the Beika/Baker thing. On all the hotels in the manga where they spell out the name in English letters use "Baker". I couldn't find any use of "Beika", but I didn't look that hard. In the "202 Genta's Trap/Gin is left handed" case a culprit tries to squash Genta with a big R from a BAKER sign, which makes the use of Beika kind of awkward. I suppose Haido/Hyde will also have to change with it. I was thinking of starting a proposal once the BO topic issue I just posted gets some attention. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 02:04, 30 August 2015 (CEST)
Please don't get mad at me. I promise.
Hey, Checkhov there is a naughty guy who is making fun of you and Fujiwara at the DC manga article. Block him because he is really starting to get on my nerves, i will try to find out who he is and tell you who he is if i find out. (: --220.127.116.11 11:51, 13 October 2015 (CEST)User.DC User
Update: The guy is logging out and using the same IP as me and making me cry by calling me names. Please ban him and my ip. I can simply create a new account using the same IP and he is CONANISTHEBESTOKID for your information. Ban me and i sign up as ConanHejiBestDetectives.
It seems something went wrong with my account creation oh well i can just edit as a ip and if you ban me i sign up in a different ip i will stop talking to you now and edit myself and if you ban the other guy along with my IP i will edit under a different IP.
- You know that's not how IPs work. You can't just use the same IP as someone else unless you are living in the same place (and thus know the other party) or are using the same proxy. The chances of sharing a proxy with someone you don't know who wants to edit DCW is infinitesimal. I will ban ConanHejiBestDetectives if you try to sign up with it for trying to sockpuppet. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 21:12, 13 October 2015 (CEST)
Hello, Checkhov. More pages of this 39 volumes manga are incomplete for "case", "situation", "resolution" or "people". For more details, where can I find the raws of this manga in english or japanese? --18.104.22.168 14:22, 21 October 2015 (CEST)
- Detective Conan Special is next to impossible to find online. However, even if I knew (and I don't), I couldn't tell you for legal reasons. My guess is that the Chinese have uploaded them somewhere - all snippets I have seen in the past from sites that have been taken down since were from Chinese scans. No one in the history of the English fandom has bothered uploading them (and they are unlikely to be uploaded or translated by an English speaker any time soon. Almost no one has any interest in DCS the English fandom). Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:56, 21 October 2015 (CEST)
This is the only site in Indonesian with raws of Detective Conan Special volumes from 1 to 36 that I've found after days of research: Download Komik Detective Conan+Special Episode Bahasa Indonesia. --22.214.171.124 19:38, 9 November 2015 (CEST)
Re:How have you been?
Sorry, I just noticed your message. Yes, I have been rather busy recently =/ I come here from time to time but I have other priorities before the wiki, unfortunately. Still, thanks for worrying about me ! Besides my lack of time I'm fine and I hope you are too.
Details for link "Appearances":
- Officer Sugita Appearances: files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 449, 480, 487, 534, 547.
- Officer Takigawa Appearances: files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 432, 449, 487, 534, 535; Lupin III VS Detective Conan - The Movie; episode 800.
- Officer Takano Appearances: file 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 449, 487, 531.
- Officer Sogawa Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 449, 486, 487, 531, 534, 535, 547, 681, 682, 683.
- Officer Kawanaka Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 449, 480, 487.
- Officer Fukui Appearances: Files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 425, 432, 449, 487, 531, 534, 535, 547, 681, 682, 683, 800.
- Manabu Fujimaki Appearances: Files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359,390, 449, 681, 682, 683; Lupin III VS. Detective Conan: The Movie.
- Officer Saito Appearances: Files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 393, 449, 526, 681, 682, 683, 791.
- Officer Okumura Appearances: File 404, 404, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 449, 475, 480, 526, 531, 535, 547, 681, 68, 683, 800.
- Officer Nakamura Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 449, 487, 526, 534, 681, 682, 683; Lupin III VS Detective Conan - The Movie; episode 800.
- Officer Ida Appearances: File 240, 404, 405, 406; episodes 177, 358-359, 249, 250, 271, 272, 301, 351, 390, 449, 487, 534, 535, 548, 681, 68, 683.
- Officer Horita Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 393, 397, 425, 432, 449, 468, 471, 487, 526, 531, 800.
- Officer Numata Appearances: File 439-440, 486, 507; episodes 350-351, 402, 425, 48, 449.
- Officer Hirota Appearances: episodes 413, 449, 486, 487, 681, 682, 683, 800.
126.96.36.199 18:23, 30 November 2015 (CET)
- I explained on the list of minor recurring manga characters page why the ones you linked don't qualify. I also wrote up the rules for how those pages work in the manual of style. FYI, I didn't make up these rules just now, it's just how the pages have been used for a while. They were never formally codified because there weren't many fights about it. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 23:42, 30 November 2015 (CET)
Dates of volumes
Hi, maybe you are interested in this discussion between me and Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (see User talk:Jimmy-kud0-tv2#Publication date of the manga chapters (and volumes) (also interview information). Basically, we discussed some problems with the publication dates of some manga chapters and we found the solution, but then we also find another problem with the dates of the Magic Kaito volumes (which may or may not be present also for the Detective Conan volumes) and in this case it is harder to find a solution. --188.8.131.52 19:44, 11 December 2015 (CET)
- (adding this here as well just in case, since its relevant) OK, so my copy of Volume 88 just arrived. Volume 88 was scheduled to come out on Dec 18th, 2015 and it did. However, in the back of the book itself, its copyright page says that it came out on Dec 23rd, so we know that there is a discrepancy between the actual release date and the dates listed in the books itself. We just need to stick to choosing one over the other in terms of what gets listed on the wiki. --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 17:34, 24 December 2015 (CET)
Would it be ok to just go ahead and add Sakurako to the Family/Friends section of the characters page since she has had three full appearances and is connected to a continuing relationship, as well as noticing Conan's intellegence. I mean technically as far as can be confirmed at this point, she has the same number of full appearances as Shuukichi Haneda and both are connected with recurring police characters. The only reason Shuukichi went on the list so fast is that he is under suspicion of being the Middle Brother.
- When you put it that way, it makes sense to add Sakurako to the main chars list, but she still feels so... useless. Like not even at Hideo's and Hide's level. Go ahead and add her, I think consensus has built against me. (For now. >:) We will see in 100 chapters how her appearances are stacking up). Chekhov MacGuffin talk 08:31, 24 December 2015 (CET)
I'm very sorry, but the other times was for missing images, and not for list of characters appearances. --184.108.40.206 20:32, 28 dic 2015 (CET)
- It still wasn't a good thing to do back then either. The two situations aren't that different: both are begging random people with accounts to do all the work for you. We aren't staff, we are volunteers, each with our own agendas and schedule. That's why I am saying not to beg again please. Please use the requests page, that's why we have it.
- It would be better to make an account and get full privileges, so you can do it yourself, but you could even use the sandbox to make the pages you want. Build the appearances page there. It would not be so bad if you had done most of the work already and then asked someone to make the new page by copying the sandbox. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:49, 28 December 2015 (CET)
- ok, I understand! --220.127.116.11 21:01, 28 December 2015 (CET)
Episode Gallery Pages
I've noticed recently that many of the earlier episode gallery pages redirect to a gallery made by a particular user and I decided to start fixing them. However, I didn't see at that time that these redirects were apparently a problem that you dealt with literally December of 2012. What do you think the best course of action for fixing these might be? Here is how I have been fixing them using episode 16 as the example: Main Episode Page and Gallery Page. Should I continue this way or stop? I have made it as far as episode 25 and decided it might be best to stop until a decision is made.--Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 22:22, 29 December 2015 (CET)
- To be perfectly honest, I'd simply nuke all the empty ones and let the redlinks be. The reason I didn't do that at the time was to let the now banned user keep his work in case he wanted to upload later. It didn't happen. That said, the way you have been doing is good enough to justify not redoing what you have done already. It looks a bit ugly on the pages to have blank images, but wikis are honestly kind of ugly anyway and it's obvious the galleries are inactive. The most important thing is that Category:Galleries and Category:Case Galleries aren't polluted with blanks that can't be told apart from the real ones. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 02:25, 30 December 2015 (CET)
In "Trivia", they talk that Umeno, his first love, was a rich Japanese woman who owned one of Gogh's Sunflowers painting. But, in movie 19, even if the name of Koyata Yamamoto, the real owned of 'Ashiya Sunflowers', is never revealed, we can see his historical photo along with his dear friend Saneatsu Mushanokoji and Van Gogh painting on the culprit's computer when Jii, disguised as Zengo Goto, hacked it. The name of Mushanokoji is revealed by Kiyosuke Azuma before his death. Azuma and Jii called her "Ojou-sama" ("Lady-sama") (view "Appellations"), then she was probably the housekeeper, and not a mere servant. At the beginning, a Japanese journal about 'Ashiya Sunflowers' confirmed that the painting was bought in 1920 and destroyed in 1945, but the woman was very young during the war. Nobody in the movie know her, so this is a clear confirm that she wasn't the owner. There will be somewhere a confirm about it. --18.104.22.168 11:33, 18 January 2016 (CET)
- I've edit "Trivia" so: "Jii's first love was the young housekeeper in the house of a rich Japanese man who owned one of Gogh's Sunflowers painting". --22.214.171.124 09:04, 19 January 2016 (CET)
Re:を wo vs o
Seasons display table on Main Anime page
Currently I am trying to make a page that displays all of the rerun and remastered episodes. (while still leaving them listed in with the main anime page). However I am having a bit of difficulty getting the code of the pages to work for me. I see on the main anime page that there is a code:
that displays a condensed version of the table shown on the Season 1 page (basically it removes the summary section). How can I get that to work on two other pages? Rerun and Remastered Episodes being the equivalent of the Season 1 page, and Rerun and Remastered Episodes list being the equivalent of the Anime page where I am wanting it to display the information from the other page minus the summary section. I have copied the codes over from the original pages to the pages I am creating and all it is doing is treating it as a "view source" template where as the Anime page does not use that template somehow, but has the same code typed into its page. Is there an additional template somewhere that is effecting the Anime page to make it do something different?--Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 07:14, 31 January 2016 (CET)
Re: Koji Haneda
- Eh, why not? I don't have any strong feelings because it's a valid way and it sounds good enough to me. Just so long as it isn't the Ace Attorney team doing the romanization. >_>
Have you tried enabling group changes in recent changes by any chance?
It groups every edit in a day by articles and can display all changes at once, but still allow you to view each edit separately and who made them. I personally find it very useful for keeping track of things, especially when dealing with a series of minor edits like what that IP did. To enable it, you can go to Preferences > Recent changes > check "Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist". Black ★ Demon 02:39, 27 February 2016 (CET)
The user: Louisjangkai, on two seperate occasions has committed acts of Trolling, where they clearly admit to being a troll and have deleted text and changed pictures to characters that are clearly not correct. Is there anything we can do about this?--Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 06:22, 5 March 2016 (CET)
Next Conan's Hint moving issue
The pictures on Next Conan's Hint are numbered from 1 starting at the second episode. A user added some pictures from the most recent episode, which is great. However, they numbered the picture with the episode number by mistake. I fixed this for Picture 808, which used to be 809. Because this wiki has no option for suppressing redirects, that means Picture 809 still "exists" as a redirect. Which means I can't move Picture 810 to its proper name, 809. Make sense? Could you please delete the redirect? I'd also like to create a template that marks pages as candidates for deletion, so future requests like this don't necessarily need to go to admin talk pages. Would that be acceptable? lethargilistic (talk) 19:20, 6 March 2016 (CET)
- The template for deletion sounds good. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:24, 6 March 2016 (CET)
Animal Crossings hint and the mirror thing
I think that mysterious AC hint is actually just from previous comments
Clover (Mar 02): The illustration I drew has three handsomes on it!
Clover (Mar 13): The third person makes their debut in the movie!
Clover (Mar 20): Scotch? Date? Kuroda? Wrong.
- That makes sense. I had the hint down in my notes as maybe related to Rum and didn't add context. My bad, I was clearly mistaken. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 07:31, 23 March 2016 (CET)
As for the Mirror, I see one place that says "hand mirror" and another one that says "mirror with handle",
do we know if one might just be a mistranslated of the other due to the similarity of the words?
"" Yamikawa: Regarding the whole Asaka thing the wording is "Furuki said it before being taken away...
That "Asaka" bodyguard who's missing... Seems like someone saw them hold a hand mirror..." ""
From Black Demon
""Black Demon: We need to see word used in the raw to be sure
Black Demon: It could very well be "hand mirror" written in katakana, thus leading to the confusion
Black Demon: If it's a hand mirror, then I guess Kohji's could also be counted as one?""
From Sky Blue
jimmy_kud0_tv: Sky Blue, who has the sunday issue has the word "手鏡" on their blog where talking about the mirror.
"浅香があの手鏡を持ってるところを見た人がいたということらしいけど" (partial sentence)
--Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 05:37, 23 March 2016 (CET)
- (slight update)
- Black Demon: 948 also uses 手鏡 :x
- jimmy_kud0_tv: in the japanese? or the chinese?
- Black Demon: Japanese
- jimmy_kud0_tv: If 948 and 953 use the same word in the japanese script, then they really could be referring to the same (or similar) mirrors. If they are indeed the same mirror, what would we learn from this? I wonder how Koji would get possession of it if it was ?
- Black Demon: 950 also uses 手鏡 to refer to Kohji's mirror, not to mention that in 953 Sera calls it "THAT mirror", so they're probably talking about the same thing.
- I can see how hand (hando} and handle (handoru) might have been confusing to rapid translators, just one letter difference if was spelled out in foreign sounds furigana. If it is the same mirror, that raises even more questions than two separate mirrors. We already know the case is weird because Kohji managed to have the time to turn on a sink, grab scissors, and then cut a mirror to leave a dying message (not to mention how he overheard some conversation about Asaka and Rum). If Kohji was in a similar situation to the latest case, then he must have known death was coming, so I guess he was cornered and knew it. The new issues that arise is how Asaka got that mirror after someone else went to Kohji's room and had time to look over and photograph the crime scene. It could have been Asaka's to begin with, but Haibara seemed to think is was Haneda's, keeping in mind that Elena nee Sera had one of those mirrors also and that the Hanedas and Seras seem to be close. I assume Asaka took the mirror in order to hide the dying message, and he was seen with it fleeing. For the pictures to exist and Kohji to leave a message, he must have lost control of the situation somehow. Was he distracted, or people forced their way in, or he was forced away from the scene? All I can think of is that this was may be the situation that cost Rum his eye (assuming he is Asaka). Kohji inflicted the wound in desperation and bought himself some time. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 07:31, 23 March 2016 (CET)
Problem loading trailer in the Movie info box
Hey Chekhov, Apparently movie trailers in the movie info box are not playable as the browser is blocking insecure scripts. If possible, can you fix this issue which is due to the 'http' youtube link.
Hey Chek, it's skyechan. Giving you a heads up that Google keeps blocking the forum login so I can't login to the wiki to make changes. Dunno if you can contact Maurice or someone about it. :( --126.96.36.199 15:25, 7 May 2016 (CEST) (skyechan)
Reported Web Forgery?
Why is the site reported as a web forgery?--188.8.131.52 10:30, 21 May 2016 (CEST)
Suddenly blocked from editing any pages except user pages
not sure whats going on, but I seem to have been somehow blocked by something and am only able to edit user pages at this point. Getting this weird error message if I try to edit anything except user pages. I was in the process of uploading images to the Secret talk page, and managed to get three up before this happened. An additional note, I have not been affected by any of the other problems that the site has had with fishing, ect. so far, so I don't know if its finally catching up to me? ... http://i.imgur.com/jPm4Cb3.jpg --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 02:50, 22 May 2016 (CEST)
- For what ever reason it only seems to effect me when I try to upload a photo. Then it stays in effect for a few minutes and then lets me edit again. --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 05:26, 22 May 2016 (CEST)
- I'm apparently one of the people sharing that IP address that you commented on the talk page for, without an account it would not let me respond on that page. I am still in the process of trying to get in contact with Maurice. When I commented on his talk page earlier, he gave me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I have tried to email it but keep getting error messages that say that the server that email address is in refuses to connect and accept the email. (two different versions of the image below, the original error, and the final one). Do you know anything? --Jimmy-kud0-tv2
- I know nothing about the admin email. Never used it. When I got my own issues sorted, Maurice used one of his personal emails to message me. He does look at his DCW account PMs for sure and he has a DCTP account, but I don't know if he checks it. Give him your email and try asking him for an alternate for of contact saying admin@dcw doesn't work, and say Chek thinks your one of the best and most trustworthy editors we have (link to this message lol). I really hope this is resolved soon, but I can't do anything to help because I have no relationship with the backend of the site. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 17:00, 17 July 2016 (CEST)
- One thing I found is that everything tends to work smoother on a fresh unmodified browser profile with no addons and everything enabled. If you only use it for DCWwiki, nothing bad should happen to your comp. See if that fixes anything.
- I don't usually check my email unless I have to send an email to someone else and am waiting for a response. Plus since this is Chekhov's talk page, you can reach me (HERE) --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 03:05, 28 August 2016 (CEST)
Before you do anything I would like to know how many pictures are allowed and why are there does there have to be a limit for the pictures for the episodes. However, if you do have to remove some of the pictures could I select them by removing them from the gallery and you can delete them. Please replay.
- I have read you message and have also selected the images that you can now delete. I apologize for the trouble, I never meant any harm and I sometimes get a little carried away when I'm selecting images to upload. Again I sincerely apologize and I promise to be more careful in the future.
- Sbrady538 (talk) 21:46, 1 August 2016 (CEST)
Its really weird, in the new chapter, Shukichi actually says "Mary-kasan". Makes me wonder if he may have been adopted or something. I would think that its pretty uncommon to call parents by first name even in places like Japan and Britain. --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 06:45, 12 September 2016 (CEST)
- I actually wonder if he was reverse adopted, as in sent to live with the Hanedas. Maybe he calls his biomama Mary that because Mrs. Haneda is just Mom. (I also think it's Gosho letting us know the answers in the flashback in as few words as possible) It's all tentative at this point since we now know Masumi has been fudging some backstory. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 06:51, 12 September 2016 (CEST)
I'm not saying The culprit is x
- I am not saying you should never write "The culprit is x". All I am saying is that it is a bad idea to make every resolution start that way when there may better ways to write the solution that are unique for every case. Sometimes cases are tricky and there are several crimes with different culprits or multiple part answers. Sometimes it makes more sense to write a little lead-in about something Conan does to reveal the truth before explaining who the culprit is. That's okay. The bold names help people find the culprit right away if it is not in the first sentence.
- If you want a formulaic answer that is the same for every page, it is better to create a solution answer template to paste in the resolution. The people writing the summary text are free to write without being unduly confined, and the template creates a pattern that is the same on every page. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 18:36, 15 September 2016 (CEST)
Hello I'm a big fan of Detective Conan can i ask you how to become an admin I wish to improve every article Cdswalkthtough (talk) 00:21, 24 November 2016 (CET)cdswalkthroughCdswalkthtough (talk) 00:21, 24 November 2016 (CET)
My sincere apologies
I've been an idiot, but you must understand, I wish I could make amends of the silly things I said in the forum, but it was the first time I was in the forums and I overreacted, all I wanted to say is that I believe in the inner goodness inside people's hearts no matter how serious the crime and no matter what their motives were. Again I'm genuinelly sorry.--38cutie (talk) 17:47, 19 December 2016 (CET)
- Okay, but reading your response now, you still seem to have not gotten the point that it was your behavior, not your beliefs which got you banned. You kinda did everything the worst way possible, starting with straight up ignoring ten separate mod warnings about not creating duplicate topic threads and ending with sending me a death threat by PM. Even in your above apology, you still want to get your side in. In my capacity as a mod, I don't care what you think; I want to know if you have matured and will abide by the forum rules. Even though it's been a year, not being able to recognize the real reason you were blocked is not very promising. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:08, 19 December 2016 (CET)
I know I behaved like an hypocrite, all I wanted to say was that I understand their pain and their broken hearts (though this does not excuse crime) but I stepped off the line, oh well... It's too late to apologize just like apologizing for murder, I wish I could go back in time and say to myself "do not overreact", I'm sure I would do the same like you did on me, I know is unforgivable but I apologize anyway, and I'm not crazy about it. --38cutie (talk) 15:45, 1 January 2017 (CET)
"The Criminal" page comment thing
The case that the anon was referring to was the Crunchyroll title for the newest case eps 857-858. To be honest its just a big red X over the usual criminal image. --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 04:32, 9 May 2017 (CEST)
I just want to say thank you for the message and the star and for that you think that my contributions on And Then There Were No Mermaids made the article good enough to be featured on the main page. - Aries Bless 15:20 28 June 2017 (CEST)+0200 UTC
Conan in Episode 287
So, where should we set Momiji and Iori's debut? Movie 21 or in anime?
Movie 21 had been broadcasted in April and the anime which Momiji appear just broadcasted recently. Duygoby (talk) 09:32, 25 September 2017
Hi, I edited Momiji page to reflect that her debut is on Movie 21. Inspector Shiratori is also first shown in a Movie (1) and his profile says "First appearance: Anime: Movie 1" so it only made sense to do the same with Momiji. Cheers. --Intervencion (talk) 19:39, 18 June 2018 (CEST)
Sherry’s Soliloquy pictures
Some guy uploaded the latest 3 Soliloquy pictures and not only did he alter them in some weird way, also getting a date wrong, but changed the file name removing a capitalized S from Soliloquy for no reason. I re-uploaded correct images already but you’re gonna need to rename the files to be consistent with everything else because I don’t think I can.—ALAKTORN
- Ask Nakamura or DarkBlizzard, they're active and have administrator role --Intervencion (talk) 22:47, 11 February 2019 (UTC)