Talk:List of minor recurring manga characters
I've noticed a couple of my names of minor recurring characters don't match the article names/listed name. The ones I am questioning are below. I included the appearances to make finding the names easier. Note chapter 158 has two of the characters I listed.
- Akagi Hide: He appears in chap 68-71, 189, 344, 366, 567
- Kaneshiro Genichirou: chap 72
- v8f2p7: 金城玄一郎 Kaneshiro Genichirou (74), Owner of a computer company
- Shouji Hatamoto: he appears in chapters 20-25, 158
- v3f1p6: 籏本祥二 Hatamoto Jyouji (41), Second Son of the Hatamoto Family, French Cuisine Chef, Single
- v3f5p3: George H. <- Carved on the handle of one of his kitchen knives
- v16f8p4: 籏本祥二 Hatamoto Shouji (41), Chef, Operates a French Restaurant
- Mifune Takuya: He appears in 87 and 158
- v9f7p6: 三船拓也 Mifune Takuya (26), President of Mifune Electronics
- v16f8p4: same as above
- Ejiri/Eshiri Futoshi: He appears in 460 (poisoned bait case), 664 (Ikkaku rock case)
- That's a lot more work than I expected. I was just trying to figure out if I have them right or the article does. I just provided multiple references in case one is missing the character intro box or something. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 05:06, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Possibly Split Page?
Given the sheer size of this page now, could it not be divided into two pages according to manga and anime characters or anime only characters? It might help with ease of navigation and make them less overwhelming to scroll through. --Ocianne 17:16, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- A lot of the listings are short, but I see what you mean, and it will get worse as people continue to fill out new info. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 17:30, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me! I say go for it. --Skyechan 17:56, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
I can't find any evidence that the programmer Kaneshiro from the Night Baron case is related to the Mayor Kaneshiro of the Solitary Island case. Either way, the two individuals each appear once, which doesn't seem to merit mention on the recurring page.--Ocianne 07:01, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
Name to add later
Naomichi Mugikura - announcer from Haido city hotel case, also showed up in anime in Kaito Kid's midair walk. May have had more appearences than this. Info from Skychan. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:34, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
Many characters in this list have no info listed
There are numerous characters on this list who currently do not have the cases they appeared in listed. Even if an appearances page is not made for them, they still need to have that information mentioned in their descriptions at minimum. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 06:06, 30 November 2015 (CET)
- Most of the officers listed under the law enforcement section on this page do not appear in the manga at all, they are recurring anime characters that someone else put on the wrong page. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that most of the Teitan Elementry school staff never appear again after their initial appearance. --Jimmy-kud0-tv2 (talk) 06:12, 30 November 2015 (CET)
- That's what I suspect too. I'm going to check out a few of the manga pages. Until I, or someone else gets it verified, I'm going to bump the listings here. This is a pretty well traveled page and a manga canon relevant one too, so I would like it to be accurate. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 10:34, 30 November 2015 (CET)
|Picture||Name||Appearances||Role & background|
|Officer Numata||Officer Numata Appearances||Officer Numata (沼田 Numata) is a young police officer working for Tokyo Metropolitan Police District's Traffic Department.|
|Officer Okumura||Officer Okumura Appearances||Officer Okumura is a detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Horita||Officer Horita Appearances||Officer Horita (堀田 Horita) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Ida||Officer Ida Appearances||Officer Ida (井田 Ida) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Nakamura||Officer Nakamura Appearances||Officer Nakamura (中村 Nakamura) is a detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Saito||Officer Saito Appearances||Officer Saito (斉藤 Saitō) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Manabu Fujimaki||Manabu Fujimaki Appearances||Manabu Fujimaki (藤巻 学 Fujimaki Manabu) is an inspector from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Fukui||Officer Fukui Appearances||Officer Fukui (福井 Fukui) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Kawanaka||Officer Kawanaka Appearances||Officer Kawanaka (川中 Kawanaka) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Sogawa||Officer Oda Appearances||Officer Sogawa (十川 Sogawa) is a young detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Sugita||Officer Sugita Appearances||Officer Sugita (杉田 Sugita) is a detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Takano||Officer Takano Appearances||Officer Takano (高野 Takano) is a detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Officer Takigawa||Officer Takigawa Appearances||Officer Takigawa (滝川 Takigawa) is a detective from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.|
|Picture||Name||Appearances||Role & background|
|Masayuki Ohata||Masayuki Ohata Appearances||Masayuki Ohata, age 31, is a Teacher of Teitan Elementary Grade 1 Room A.|
|Vice principal||Masayuki Ohata Appearances||Vice principal is the Vice principal of Teitan Elementary School.|
|Bungo Hirayama||Bungo Hirayama Appearances||Bungo Hirayama is a Teitan Elementary teacher.|
The user in question posted this on my userpage.
Details for link "Appearances":
- Officer Sugita Appearances: files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 449, 480, 487, 534, 547.
- Officer Takigawa Appearances: files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 432, 449, 487, 534, 535; Lupin III VS Detective Conan - The Movie; episode 800.
- Officer Takano Appearances: file 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 449, 487, 531.
- Officer Sogawa Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 449, 486, 487, 531, 534, 535, 547, 681, 682, 683.
- Officer Kawanaka Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 449, 480, 487.
- Officer Fukui Appearances: Files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 425, 432, 449, 487, 531, 534, 535, 547, 681, 682, 683, 800.
- Officer Saito Appearances: Files 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 393, 449, 526, 681, 682, 683, 791.
- Officer Okumura Appearances: File 404, 404, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 425, 449, 475, 480, 526, 531, 535, 547, 681, 68, 683, 800.
- Officer Nakamura Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 449, 487, 526, 534, 681, 682, 683; Lupin III VS Detective Conan - The Movie; episode 800.
- Officer Ida Appearances: File 240, 404, 405, 406; episodes 177, 358-359, 249, 250, 271, 272, 301, 351, 390, 449, 487, 534, 535, 548, 681, 68, 683.
- Officer Horita Appearances: File 404, 405, 406; episodes 358-359, 390, 393, 397, 425, 432, 449, 468, 471, 487, 526, 531, 800.
- Officer Hirota Appearances: episodes 413, 449, 486, 487, 681, 682, 683, 800.
18.104.22.168 18:23, 30 November 2015 (CET)
Most of these officers only appear in the Be on Guard on a Sweet Date case, and so don't count as recurring manga characters. (I tried to explain the rules in the article lead, but maybe I should write the rules to be clearer on the Manual of Style Page.) The ones that do potentially qualify as recurring manga characters are Officer Ida and Officer Numata. These two need investigating. The rest get kicked to the List of minor recurring anime characters where the anime+movie recurrences go - and it seems they were already added there. We don't duplicates between the lists. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 21:57, 30 November 2015 (CET)
- Just checked the Sweet date case and none of the officers are even named. There are one or two unique ones, but otherwise they are portrayed fairly generically. Both Ida and Numata are out, I checked their files. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 22:15, 30 November 2015 (CET)
I have written up the rules for these minor characters pages in the manual of style. The rules are written to match how the pages have been used in practice for the past couple years. If there are questions or clarifications that are needed, let me know. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 23:45, 30 November 2015 (CET)
I left only the most important characters. --22.214.171.124 12:05, 9 April 2019 (UTC)