Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

Misaki honestly didn't know how she ended up in the park with the group of foreigners. One minute she was eating her ramen peacefully, the next she was here. 

"Excuse me...hello. Good morning."

She turned to the skeleton-like man, framed by the setting sun. He looked at it for a second before saying, "Oh, it's...more like afternoon. Good afternoon, then."

Looking around the group, she noted there was a tension rising, though she had no clue why. The man rose a hand and said, "Please don't make any commotion. Nobody but me can hear your screams anyway."

As she scanned the passerbys, it did seem to be true. For some reason they just walked by, acting as if there wasn't a large group of foreigners standing around.  Not even the group of children, who normally would point and loudly talk about foreigners, looked their way. Suddenly, a few of the people from the group lunged to attack the skeleton man. Misaki watched in shock as the man  effortlessly dodged every  attack you. What sort of people are they?! I mean, I know foreigners can be strange but this is over the top! 

"Ah," he sighed as the attacking finally stopped. "That was a waste of effort. I just wanted to tell you a few things you might want to know. First, I do apologize for that attack," he said dully.

What attack? 

"Second, there will be an attack on the 109 Building tonight by the KID. If you don't stop the attack or otherwise interfere, people will die during this particular attack." He paused. "Don't ask me how I know. I know everything. Naturally, I know that this entire group is comprised of people that frequent the same forum. You all are very interesting for that and other reasons. I guess...that's why I've been watching you this entire time, as well."

Wait, so we have to stop an attack? By the KID impersonator? And what forum is he talking about exactly? 

As quickly as he came, he turned around before looking back at them. "The attack won't occur until midnight. Well, good luck, then. I wish you good luck...from the smallest portion of my heart." And with that he disappeared.

"Um... I have a question," Misaki asked after a moment of silence. Seeing the mostly blank faces at her, she realized none of them probably spoke japanese. They were foreigners after all and Japan was pretty nice in terms of being able to get around even if you don't know the native language. Guess I need to codeswitch. God, it's been a while since I've spoken english.

"I... have a question?" she repeated, this time getting faces that made it clear they understood. The words felt heavy, twisting unnaturally in her mouth, but if it made things easier she would have to make do. 

"Wait, who are you anyway?" one of them asked.

"Oh!" she said. "I am Misaki."

"So your question...?" another one of them said.

"What forum was he talking about?" Misaki asked.

"Detective Conan World."

"DCW?" the singer squeaked, suddenly remembering the forum. She had joined a few years prior, back when she was just starting out in her career and had spent hours on there before eventually just... stopped. "Are you telling me I'm in this mess because of a damn forum?" she muttered, suddenly switching back to japanese. "What am I going to do..."

Should she help? Did she have to help? After all, people would die if they didn't stop it but at the same time she can't cause too much of a stir lest she hurt her budding career and how did they even know if the man was telling the truth? What if he just wanted to trouble a bunch of foreigners and her? But the people ignoring us as they walked by...

Maybe it was for the best to help. If people die because I didn't help...

"OK," she said, talking a deep breath to calm herself before switching back to english, "so what are we going to do?

(Spoiler contains original post. Click to read it if you like, but otherwise, ignore it. :V)

Aster waved his hands in front of Amber, who has turned white and stoned. The skeleton man's final attack was a critical hit and it probably drained much of her hit points and now she's in critical health. Her vision is now clouded with blotches of red and probably need health potions to recover. Amber struggled and dug into her pockets for the secret remedy. And... she pulled out the ultimate recovery remedy, THE GREEN TEA KITKAT! 

A bite into the awesomeness and sweetness of chocolate with the refreshing and revitalising green tea flavour will blow any unearthly suffering away and revive any fainted or near-death idiots back to full bloom! With this, Amber went back into full recovery!

'Now to tackle the tackle the forum problem...' Amber started to turn white again.

'Noooooooo! The attack was poisoned!!! The antidote! I need the antidote!' Amber reached for her pocket again and this time, the solution was... TWIX. The addictiveness and overwhelming uniqueness of Twix is what she needed to stop the poison in its tracks.

'Ahhhhh the sweetnessss~ Ahhh the chocolate~~~' With this, her status effect is cured. 

While Amber was busy getting over her shock of having to meet with other fellow forumers, the other people had already started their discussion. Apparently there was some very famous singer which Amber recognized amongst them. 'Never knew she was a forumer too.'

Apparently, many people started to volunteer to help in the situation, but no one had proposed any solutions yet. Amber kept quiet to read the situation first before she decides what she should do.

'What should I do? Should I volunteer to help them too? Why were we chosen by the weird creature to participate in this sort of situation? Why us specifically?' Amber looked around worriedly. 'Who is that man? Who is the Kaitou KID? Why will people die? Why the name Kaitou KID? Why weren't the passers-by unable to see them?'

There were so many questions which Amber wanted answered, but she presumed it will never get to be answered until they stop the situation from happening. If she wants answers, she has to help. But it would be too dangerous to help without any of those answers.

Amber bit her lip. 'What should I do!?!?!?'

Suddenly she wasn't in the hospital anymore, waiting for a reply to her silent yes, but at the park where she had met Tsukiko and Mr. Skeleton Policeman. And she wasn't alone,watching the setting sun paint the sky red and orange, but Tsukiko, Alek, everyone at the hospital and the ramen shop (including rude guy and the girl watching them) and the girl she had bumped into. 

"Excuse me...hello. Good morning."

She had forgotten someone: Mr. Skeleton himself.

"Oh, it's...more like afternoon. Good afternoon, then.Please don't make any commotion. Nobody but me can hear your screams anyway."

It was like when they were put under "arrest" by this guy. Everyone passed by like they were invisible. Probably some bony magic at work, like now.

Some of the people with her became annoyed/pissed/whatever, and attacked the bony thing, not knowing that that "frail" thing took down Tsukiko, a grown (?) woman. Or maybe they were stupid.  Either way, they didn't even harm the freaking guy

"Ah," he sighed. "That was a waste of effort. I just wanted to tell you a few things you might want to know."First, I do apologize for that attack."

Oh really. The flat voice made it sound sarcastic in some way, but he did say sorry.

"Second, there will be an attack on the 109 Building tonight by the KID. If you don't stop the attack or otherwise interfere, people will die during this particular attack." He paused, maybe to let you process the information. "Don't ask me how I know. I know everything." He paused again, a shorter one this time. "Naturally, I know that this entire group is comprised of people that frequent the same forum. You all are very interesting for that and other reasons. I guess...that's why I've been watching you this entire time, as well."

Eeeeh?! They're...all..from..DCW?!! Noooo!!!!! 

She had managed to keep a firm grip on her identity for the duration of her stay in DCW, bjut now she was placed in a worst-case scenario for Nara-chan: risk of revealing her face to DCW members. She had a silent panic moment, where her brain was screaming for help, and adrenaline was coursing through her veins full blast. Stay calm. They may not even know Nara-chan exists!, the non-screaming part told her, but it wasn't enough to stop her hands from shaking.

He abruptly turned around, but then he turned his head back to look at the group. "The attack won't occur until midnight. Well, good luck, then. I wish you good luck...from the smallest portion of my heart." 

The wind whipped around everyone's hair, and she closed her eyes to block off the dust that came with it. When she opened her eyes, skelly guy was gone. Like magic.

--------------------------------------

Alek and Tsukiko were pretty calm about the revelation, while the girl she had bumped into was basically what was happening inside of her. And the idea of stopping a criminal with a group of people from an online anime forum? Quite unlikely. What was skelly man thinking?!

The other people were socializing, volunteering to go to Shibuya 109 Building to do what skelly man told them. But no one really noticed her. A pop star named Misaki (could it possibly be Misaki-chan?) was currently asking some people on probable strategies. She was the exact opposite of her: pop stars got lots of attention, she was a mere shadow. Maybe that is why she thought about her silent shadow status when she saw Misaki at the ramen shop.

------------------------------- 

Like sensing Alek's thoughts, Tsukiko continued, her face getting slightly flushed.

"I mean... I won't go running or anything physical but I can be a sort of backup. We gotta do all sorts of stuff to get this... ummm, job done. Right?" She was getting uncomfortable with all those stares she was getting.

"Besides that weirdo mentioned some 'other reasons' why we were chosen. Maybe it has something to do with our individual skills, whatever they may be... Umm, that's all I wanted to say..."

Unknowingly Aster and Amber stumbled into a park (they had no idea of the events that had or would transpire there). The other foreign people were there too. Suddenly another person appeared and the blond girl who had a caste on her leg gasped. Aster whipped his head to see...a human probably. He shouldn't be rude.

[Wild Skeleton Man Appeared]

>>>Aster used Spinning Sonic Kick

>>>It was not very effective.

>>>Hell it wasn't effective at all.

Throughout the man's speech Aster could not feel any looks on him from the Japanese people that had significantly grown in number since the early hours of morning. That was strange. In a land where people would reverse their cars to see a foreign girl wearing a school uniform, that was definitely strange. Everyone seemed...invisible. Everyone hadn't been invisible before the skeleton man showed up. 

The man continued to tell them how he knew about everything and how there would be KID attack. And he dropped that everyone was a member of a particular forum. Well Aster was part of a lot forums but...oh he meant Detective Conan World! 'Now, I wonder if I can fit neechan into my bag'

An uncharacteristic calm descended over Aster's features, the look in his eyes changed. He seemed...dangerous? Everyone said he looked thirsty for blood whenever the topic of people dying came up. 'We need to prevent it. But it depends on these beings capable of pride to think if they've been entrusted or challenged. I think confusion is more likely though.'

Well, Aster had no idea about some members. Two more he could easily recognize; a tall elder with a childish appearance and a quick-tempered female with a penchant for speaking in Filipino whenever angry. Not many DCWers were like that. Then the other three... "I'm going to call everyone's attention neechan. If you want to go somewhere or not be near me, now's the chance."

Then Aster raised his hand high, enough to get everyone's attention. Some people seemed like they wanted to say something but the serious look on his face told them to be quiet. He'd turn a deaf ear to them anyway, many lives were at stake for people to start indulging in personal differences.

"I don't need to who you are; I don't care who you are. If you have reason to doubt the skeleton, you may say so. But since lives are at stake we should take it all as the truth, even if we end up looking like idiots at the 109 station in the end. Looking like an idiot is nothing compared to people dying. In case you feel like people introducing themselves should be better, I'll just say I'm the banana guy. Your identity is up to you."

( XD The banana guy. :V)

----

As Amber was hesitant over the situation at hand, Aster made a move.

"I'm going to call everyone's attention neechan. If you want to go somewhere or not be near me, now's the chance."

'Eh? What? Uhmmmm... I can't really decide...'

Before Amber has the chance to, he raised his hand to get attention and started talking.

"I don't need to who you are; I don't care who you are. If you have reason to doubt the skeleton, you may say so. But since lives are at stake we should take it all as the truth, even if we end up looking like idiots at the 109 station in the end. Looking like an idiot is nothing compared to people dying. In case you feel like people introducing themselves should be better, I'll just say I'm the banana guy. Your identity is up to you."

'Banana guy... ' Amber giggled silently. 'What a way to introduce themselves... Well then...'

"I'm in then. I'm uhhh..." Amber scanned around and her eyes met with her soft toy. "... Chopper. Yep. You can call me Chopper... or whatever you want to call me..."

Amber nodded nervously as she continued. "Well... uh... I'm just a normal school girl as you can see and uh...saving lives and stuff don't really suit me...you know... but uh... the 109 building is the source of all Japanese girl's dreams too so... e to... we should protect it yes? BUT UH... Of course I'm NOT saying we should only protect the fashion industry!! Just uh ... I mean... fashion's important too-! is what I'm sayi- no- actually I mean..."

'What the he** am I talking about!? I'm going out of point! Get back to point you idiot!'

"... I mean let's just work together and get this over with..." Amber sulked. 

'GAHHHHHH!!! How is this ending any helpful...?! IT'S AN ANTICLIMAX!!! URGHHHHHH... Whateva... I should just shut up...'

Amber sighed as she regained composure. 'Maybe its time for another bar of chocolate...' she thought as she bit into a kinder bueno.

'Wait... Did I buy a kinder bueno earlier????'

She continued staring at the sky, which was surprisingly still bright. She wondered if what happened in the London Arc in DC also happened here.

Banana guy, eh? Nice try. Even if she joined a long time after that user made a series of usernames torturing bananas, she knew exactly who that rude guy earlier was, thanks to a few Filipinos in their chatroom teaching him one word in Filipino: saging (banana). No wonder she felt an instant dislike of him.

"Don't you think we should start going over there?" she said, audible enough for a few people near her to notice. Some heads turned, probably thinking, Hey, was she even here?

"Any time before midnight, skelly man said. That could be right now."

---------------------

Edited as of June 16. Sayonara, summer ;(

I realize I'm a bit late for the sign-ups, but can I still join? If you guys don't mind. I'll try my best to keep up.

Name: Azura Miyamoto

Appearance: She has straight shoulder-length dark brown hair. She often wears a red hair clip shaped like a cat's head. Her body is lean and she is a bit tall for her age. Since she is a high school student, she usually wears her school uniform---a navy blue blazer over a white long-sleeved blouse with a black and white striped necktie, along with a matching navy blue skirt that reaches just above her knees. She always wears a platinum brooch with her school's seal on it that she pins on the left collar of her blazer. When she's not wearing her school uniform, she wears a Bon Jovi band shirt over slightly tattered jeans. She also wears an Alexandrite ring on her right hand's ring finger which used to belong to her grandmother. 

Background: Azura is half-Japanese. However, she only knows intermediate Japanese since her family moved from Japan when she was still very young. She attends a prestigious academy for high school students and always does her best to have good grades. She tries to get along well with everyone. What most people don't know though, is that she suffers from a cyclical mood disorder, the reason why she sometimes tends to shut herself in her room or in their school bathroom. She is fond of reading fictional works and is also an otaku. She also knows Tae Kwon Do.

(Hey don't just assume I immediate carry out my actions that abrupt pause is like a blank for you to fill in and then add in my actions, neechan >__< I'll use some sort of sign then instead of pauses for you others to catch on.)

EDIT: What about the time? <_< it was before sunrise when with the Aster scenario where everyone crowded, morning when people gathered and had breakfast, after which an hour passed in which Aster did some secret stuff and went out to get chocolates and grouped up with Amber while Tsukiko and co. went to the hospital and then the skeleton man greets by saying good morning. Now, why are the two posts above so accelerated? I'm getting confused. If you don't want to listen to whatever plan Aster has at least let other RPers respond before shifting through so many hours. 

P.S. the attack won't occur until midnight which means either at 12:00 AM or after it, why the rush Nara~

P.P.S. And Rye since you said you're half-Japanese you can easily come into the group by being a bystander the foreigners didn't notice but saw the skeleton man. Probably.  )

"It is very unlikely that people will still be in 109 at midnight", is what "Mari" is thinking. She doubts that skelly man is telling the truth. Here, I don't know that 109 is a fashion metro, being spaced out when Neechan was saying something.

And *hugs Rye*

*hugs Nara-chan back*

--------------------

Azura walked silently. Being half-Japanese, she had no trouble blending in with the late-afternoon crowd in Shibuya. For once in her life, she felt relaxed and free. She was wound so tightly in her little academic world, with nothing else to save her from the dullness of academia other than anime. Using the money she had been saving for the past few months, she went to Japan by herself, telling her parents it was for an academic workshop/seminar. Of course it had to be related to academics; her parents would never allow her to go had her excuse been about something else. 

The peaceful and relaxing atmosphere didn't last long. It never did. Azura was getting a bit tired after a long day of walking and window shopping. She headed for a nearby park and found a nice bench to sit on. 

As Azura sat and enjoyed the view, she noticed that there was a bit of commotion going on in the park, not so far from her. She stood up and went closer to get a clearer view. 

Honestly, she was surprised to find a group of foreigners huddled around a....was that a skeleton man?

Azura knew eavesdropping wasn't good, but she still went on ahead out of curiosity. After all, who wouldn't be curious after seeing something like that? She crouched near a bush and tried to listen in.

She wasn't close enough to catch everything, but she heard enough to know it wasn't just something random. She heard the skeleton man say something about people from some forum, and then the guy...disappeared, making Azura gasp a bit. "Well that's extraordinary..." Azura thought to herself. 

It wasn't long after the skeleton disappeared when one of the foreigners raised his hand and said something. Just then, Azura felt something...prick her leg. Then there was the sensation that made her spine tingle, and after that came a series of pricks and bites and crawling of things on her leg. Azura let out a shriek before she could stop herself, and scrambled away from the bush. There were ants everywhere, and she did her best to rub the ants off her leg.

She breathed out a sigh of relief after successfully removing the ants, but it seemed at that moment that the ants were the least of her problems.

The huddled group of foreigners were now staring strangely at her, making her want the ground to eat her up at that very moment.

The round has now officially begun! For the purpose of keeping time, it's about 4 hours to midnight. Since it's summer, the sun's still up. 

This round will be kept in pace through chapters. I think there will be five chapters throughout this round. Chapters end when their objective is completed.

And now, without further ado, I give you Chapter 1 of this epic:

Chapter 1: Destruction Express

"Destruction is the sweetest type of noise." - Lilliam Nevermore

Song of choice: Time Limit

Notes: "The elusive KID impersonator finally makes his long-awaited appearance! Bloody fireworks lead into a fierce chase! Can the DCWers keep up, or will they be left behind?"

Objective: Stop a KID attack!

Chapter 1 begins now! Here's a mini objective to get you guys started: Gather forces at the 109 Building.

Remember that you have to complete mini objectives to move the plot along! I won't post anything plot-relevant until you complete this objective.

Tsukiko took a look at her wrist watch. Four hours to go.

"I wonder how I'll stay awake... Well, good cups of tea should do the trick." Aloud she said different things.

"Right, four hours to go. If we assume that we need an hour or two to get inside the building and set up what ever we need to do, it leaves us two to three hours to plan and prepare. But first things first: What are you good at? Do you have any useful skill that could help us in our objective? Because I bet we are going to need any help we can get. I for example can throw things quite accurately and I'm relatively good at planning."

When she waited for the others to reply, she dug out a notebook to which she could write things up. There was ten of them so they should be fine. Some could go inside and some could monitor the situation outside. What would happen then... she had no idea.

--- ---

((Oh, I don't remember at all at the moment what sort of heist it's going to be or what sort of building that is. Will it be public or private heist, how to get in etc. Correct me if I make mistakes...))

Tsukiko just asked about people special skills.

Well, naturally everyone is good in something.

"I can drive car, because if we need to escape or chase something, we need good driver. And I race in Super Formula and I'm 4th in points after three races. Also, I got good physics in long distance running." Aleksander said and started to read about 109. 

Department store? Well that's strange. What worth of anything is in there?

Misaki chatted with a few of the group members, talking about what they could do and catching the names of everyone while doing so. Apparently mentioning that she was a singer by trade made some people think she was famous, but that was hardly the case. She hadn't had her big break yet, but she was on the rise and hopefully could become big someday.

Suddenly, the blonde girl (did she say her name was Tsukiko?) said, "Right, four hours to go. If we assume that we need an hour or two to get inside the building and set up what ever we need to do, it leaves us two to three hours to plan and prepare. But first things first: What are you good at? Do you have any useful skill that could help us in our objective? Because I bet we are going to need any help we can get. I for example can throw things quite accurately and I'm relatively good at planning."

"I can drive car," said Aleksander, "because if we need to escape or chase something, we need good driver. And I race in Super Formula and I'm 4th in points after three races. Also, I got good physics in long distance running." 

"As for me," the singer added, "I could pull a thread or two if we need to due to my job, though not big things."

"Do you mean string?" someone asked.

"Um, yes, I think? And I believe I am also good at... distracting? Is that the word? Like, keeping attention away from something?"

Someone nodded and so she continued. "I am bendable too, so I can do what needs to be done."

"Flexible."

"Thank you."

Her question had gone unnoticed by many, and so she continued staring at the sun, which stubbornly refused to set, even though in her country, usually, at a time like 8 p.m., the sun was already long gone. 

A shriek reached her ears. She glanced at the others. They were busy socializing with others, and so she searched for the source of the sudden sound. It was from a girl, maybe in her teens, who was swiping away at something on her leg. For a few seconds, this weird ritual was what she stared at. When the girl had finished, and noticed her, her face turned a subtle shade of red.

Hmmmm, are we now visible to common folk? Or is this girl capable of seeing skelly man?, she thought. But silent as she was, she doesn't like people being embarrassed because of her (with a few exceptions). Searching her Japanese vocabulary, she found the right word, "Daijobu?

(Late reply again, sorry.)

Ari then looked at a tall girl (Tsukiko), "Well, I can hack something and can shoot. I also can drive but in several conditions."

(Too lazy to add detail.)

(But before me go, let us discuss our abilities first :3)

"I'm good at climbing and jumping from stuff. And shooting things, setting things on fire, setting things to explode, planting fireworks, holding firecrackers until they nearly explode so the go off in mid-air when I throw them. And parkour. I can jump from three stories. So what can I do?" Aster offered his services. 

((Wall of text warning. And I'm jumping on the bolding English speech bandwagon.))

Warren stayed completely silent after the 'situation' that garnered him quite a bit of unwanted attention, opting to just follow his companions idly while taking in the sights the city had to offer. The meal they had was the perfect remedy to his temporarily damaged psyche, making his eyes grow as wide as saucers whenever he spotted merchandise that had images vaguely resembling characters he was enamored with. He kept all his giddy excitement all to himself, not wanting to humiliate himself more than he already had. Jamming his fists into his pockets, Warren pondered over the seemingly random way they had been brought together. Did some sort of force draw them to each other? His bizarre thoughts were then cut abruptly by the dramatic change from a sea of glaringly bright shop signs to a predominantly green domain.

Disappointment took the front seat on his brain as their little group entered the park, obstructing the view of the bustling commercial spaces and forcing him to snap out of his little trance induced by all the anime-related stores they passed. His shoulders slumping and his lower lip sticking out, Warren waited for the inevitable 'plot twist' or the next curveball the universe would decide to throw his way. They couldn't just stand there and talk among themselves awkwardly. That would be too easy. And true enough, his paranoia bore fruit... in the form of what appeared to be a fully sentient skeletal system, no less.

Under usual circumstances, he would turn away and leave. Actually, he would do it under any circumstances. To put it lightly, it was unpleasant to try to take the 'man' before them seriously while at the same time trying to not dissolve into a fit of terrified whimpers. Complicated feelings... definitely something for him to take to Twitter later. Warren started to slowly inch away from the scene, only to find himself unable to as his undying curiosity got the best of him yet again. Finding out what exactly was going on could save him a lot of potential trouble and walking into shops he seriously should have read the names of before going in. His expression probably went through all the emotional phases possible as he listened to the stranger's little exposition, each 'revelation' adding to the the paleness of his skin. Gulping, he raised his hand.

"But w-wait! That's a situation only officials could handle. Asking us to deal with it would be... I mean, just by looking at some of us here, I could tell that some of them are minors. I am not, by the way but... yeah." He was stammering through all the sentences, scanning the people gathered with concern. They were pretty much in grave danger and yet he knew most of the others would view the situation as a chance to be able to do something 'cool' or 'heroic'. God knows he would have felt the same if he was the same age as them. But he was going to have none of that. He was betting that he was probably the eldest, especially after hearing that they were all from the forum he frequently visited when not training: DCW. He felt compelled to look after them, as ironic as that sounds especially after being one-upped humiliatingly by a stranger shorter than him. Before he could press his point further, the skeleton of a man was nowhere to be found. Of course he'd vanish into thin aair after giving an ominous speech. He almost hit himself for not expecting that that would happen. 

'DCW, huh? I have a pretty clear idea of who kicked me then. And I could probably do educated guesses about who's who.' Warren thought, rubbing his chin in thought, failing to notice the blaring ringtone coming from his right pocket. The fourth ring seemed to do the trick, realizing that calls were meant to be picked up. Smiling apologetically to the people around him, he turned away and listened to the other voice on the other end. It was his manager, screaming bloody murder and utilizing his entire vocabulary to shower Warren with verbal lashings about his irresponsibility. After muttering sorry every after few seconds and bowing as if the manager could see him, the call finally got cut off. He would have a lot of explaining to do when got back to training. Justifying skeleton men and his orders to interrupt a heist by a renowned thief would definitely be a tall order.

He faced the group once again, who were now apparently listing off what they could offer. It dawned on him that he's basically now in a roleplaying-game. With his luck, the best role he could get was that of a villager and that basically meant he could sway around in the background and have the occasional irrelevant lines such as, 'Are you serious?' or 'That building is really tall'. Slapping on a smile, he walked over to them. He cleared his throat and raised his right hand yet again, a slight dusting of pink dancing on his cheeks as he felt some pairs of eyes look at him. "I think we should start by introducing ourselves. I mean, formally. It looks like we'd be together for quite a bit so might as well break the ice, right? I'm Warren, Ren-kun is my username from the forums, and it's a pleasure to meet you all in person!" The last part came off a bit too enthusiastically, the pitch of his voice taking a jump. "A-anyway, we should think about this more. It's fine to be determined since we don't have much of a choice but we should have a plan, at least." He conveniently skipped enumerating his skills. Playing musical instruments and cooking, while potentially good distractions, weren't meant to be used in an action-oriented setting.

'Abilities?' Amber thought. She thought about it but she couldn't think of any. She can't run very fast, nor shoot or use any martial arts, neither can she drive or throw things accurately. She can't really climb or jump or do parkour either. She's so normal she is practically useless in this situation! Perhaps being familiar with the building layout could help a little (due to the nature of its cramped corridors) but Amber thought perhaps she should just keep quiet and help in the sidelines instead.

"Ano... Uh..." Amber raised her hand to speak. "I just want to raise some suspicions I have in mind..." 

A few turned to look.

"Uhmmm... That is... I was wondering for a while but... if you don't know, most of Shibuya 109's shops terminate at 9pm... and the last to close should be the restaurants at a particular level at 10pm... If we consider packing up time, all of the staff and customers, except probably the security guard, should already have left before midnight... If KID or whoever's purpose is to steal something, it actually makes sense... since nobody's around. But an attack where people will die? Who would be there at that time? Last trains leave from Shibuya at 12am so people should have left already... so who is left to be killed? I can't help but be suspicious... If you think about it, if we follow that guy's instructions and stay, we're probably the only ones left... You know... I was thinking... assuming that skeleton guy was telling the truth and anyone were to be killed, there's a great chance that it would be us... since we're specially gathered at the scene itself and stuff... So... perhaps we should consider this much more carefully before deciding on a move... I mean... we have totally no idea or clues to what would possibly be happening and if this is an act of terrorism and there are stuff like bombs planted, we'd be in huge trouble..."

Amber paused before continuing, "...though... I really hope nothing actually happens and everything is just uh... speculation or a  bad joke... mmmhmm." Amber nodded as she met with some blank faces. She is not sure whether they understood what she is talking about but at least she had said what she felt. Now, she just wants some Takoyaki.

Tsukiko listened the girl named Amber listing her suspicions about the situation. That they would be the ones killed instead of some other people. It was an interesting thought.

"But say... If we don't go there who'd be killed then? This Kid impostor himself? I mean... If we have a Kid, it probably wouldn't be too farfetched to think that there's also the organization he is fighting against..." Theblonde paused. "Alright that's pretty farfetched."

But before anyone could interrupt her train of thought, Tsukiko continued. "But in any case... Doing as that man said, might be the only way to figure out what's going on. Stopping the heist to save lives... Yeah, it might as well be the Kid's life that we are saving."

Amber was silent in her response to the other girl's reply. She thought the same as that Tsukiko girl. The only way to find out what is going on is to follow through with the man's schemes. What is it that man wanted? What is it that is about to happen? What are the strange occurrences that have been happening? Why were they gathered? Who is this KID? Who would be attacked? Why would this place of all places be attacked? Why does the man think that people would die?

Amber has so many questions in her mind that needed to be answered. Amber knows that being curious is not a good thing. While falling off tall buildings may not necessarily get a cat killed, somehow, it is said that curiosity kills it.  She had too much experience landing herself in trouble due to being curious or involved in undesirable situations and she knows better than to get involved this time. However, this is too big of an issue for her to ignore. While she has been trying to avoid being overly involved with anyone or anything the whole time, it seems she has been dragged into the situation with a lack of choice now. 

"Yes. You're absolutely right." Amber replied. "Because we don't know anything, anything out of our expectations may happen, so it would be good to be mentally prepared for any situations that may be coming up... My intention is just to bring up this awareness. Decisions on whether to continue or not... is up to you guys..."

'Did I just get over my nervousness of speaking in public?! I guess the strangeness of the situation made it easier to open up? Anime plots for the win then. Anyways... I just hope that my Choppers and goods would be safe... Maybe my chocolates too... Everything else don't matter. A bit. I suppose. ... Whatever.'

Amber bought some takoyaki.

(I'll just leave the convo with Azura open for the meantime.)

-------------------------

Azura (the bush girl) and her were on the edge of the park, practically. She had summarized what skelly man had told them in a few short sentences, and she seemed to get a good grasp at the situation.

The others were talking about some skills that they had. Does Math count?, she mentally asked the others, but that was mainly sarcastic. She really had no special skills  that could help her, except maybe if solving equations or reading something could help stop the KID...

The girl she had bumped into earlier had suddenly said something that piqued her interest: that skelly man was lying to them. She had the same suspicions, which was why she twisted what she said ("...Any time before midnight, skelly man said. That could be right now."). She had thought, "It is very unlikely that people will still be in 109 at midnight."

Tsukiko and the other girl had strengthened her theory. It was possible that "KID"'s life would be the life to be saved.

"If we are to believe skelly man that there will be a heist at the Shibuya 109, it is extremely unlikely that the heist will occur after 10 p.m.. If you don't believe that guy, fine, but whoever believes in that policeman should go there as soon as possible. Why, KID might be causing havoc at 109 this very instant!"

She had darker theories, like skelly man wanted to frame them because they were at the 109 at the time frame of the supposed heist, but she pushed them aside for a moment as she closed up again. 

-------------------------------