Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 14: Shibuya Infinity

"KIDDDDDDDD! YOU SON OF A GOAT! COME OUT NOW AND I AM GOING TO CATCH YOU!!!!!!!!" Amber yelled at the top of her lungs even though she knew that would probably not get any attention. Everyone else was running in the other direction.  "KIDDDDDDD!!!!!! I DARE YOU TO READ YOUR NAME BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!"

She hoped her provocation would invite the KID dude to appear. She wasn't very happy that the guy was using the name of the character she loved. She stopped running after a while and started to pant. She was thinking to look for the bombs, but there are so many people around that she could not even move. The panicking crowd pushed her back while trying to escape and she couldn't really move forward. "ARGH!" She shoved herself out of the crowd and ran towards the corner shops. 

'To take down a building they have to destroy the main column of the building... As long as the columns are safe, the building will not go down!' Amber remembered her father mentioning something about that. 'But where are these columns!? If I think about it... Could it be...'

Amber ran straight for the emergency stairway and ran in. '8 story building. Highest impact is to place the bomb below the 4th level...'

Immediately, she took out her phone and sent a message to AL. 'Find the main columns! It should be near the emergency stairways or the lifts! It is highly likely the bombs are there!'

There were strangely less people there as compared to the indoor escalators. Her abdomen started to hurt due to the sudden intense running and she held it with her left hand as she hauled herself up the stairs. She figured the guy would probably receive her message and act, definitely faster than what she could have done. She figured she should do something else instead - look for KID. Perhaps the roof would provide a better view. A few minutes later as she was climbing up the 7th story, where there were no one else left, she realized someone was following her. Shocked, she turned around, and found that it was the girl earlier.

'Ha... Ha... Ha...' Amber panted. "What... What are you doing here?"

--------

( :o I found you(Nara-chan)! XD And I dragged you up a flight of stairs XD)

(KID's name backward? I still can't get over the fact that a person's name has become an obscene word. Should I have made the bombs more complicated?)

Aster's phone beeped. He opened it at once; people rarely texted besides some...yup he had been spammed by twin again but there was a new message from Neechan! Main columns? He looked around to see that indeed around the corner there was an emergency stairway. He repeated the message to Ari before moving on to the next. How much time had passed? 

There was a pile of boxes in a small alley besides two elevators and also a case containing a fire extinguisher. By law it was technically an emergency and he could break the glass for the heck of it but he busied himself with searching the boxes. There were taped ones, opened ones and....aha! another bomb. But this one looked different. 

"Well, no time for it! God knows when ten minutes will pass." He picked it up carefully and began walking towards the direction he came from to search for Ari. 

=====

(Well have to leave room for Bain to RP now~)

Tsukiko looked around the storage room she was in. She could barely even rememebr how she had gotten in it. But ehr leg was hurting like a b*tch so she must have run even though she shouldn't have.

"Alright... Calm down and play back everything..."

The Skeletom man had appeared again and taken L or Eru or El or something like that with him after relaying a message about five other bombs in the building that would go off in ten minutes. Oh, and it wasn't a heist but an attack that'd be there. And right! A bomb had gone off and their group had scattered around the building to find the bombs.

"I could try to find the Kid instead of the bombs..." The blonde mused. "Where could he be?"

As Tsukiko had forgotten to ask the numbers of the other members of the group(except Alek), she had no way to contact them. And to be honest, she didn't fancy sending a message to him either.

"I can try to find something useful from here too..." Since she had nothing else sensible to do, the blonde Finn began going through the room. "In which floor am I anyways?"

-- --

((Yes, I got lost. But can I find Kid-impostor? I have no idea who it is though...))

(Well you can suppose that it's someone in a KID outfit to keep it ambiguous. And also ten minutes till the building blows. >__<)

Aleksander was on the second floor.

Shit! We don't know how many bombs there is really. This isn't going to work.

"Main columns" read on the text.

I know

He send new text saying: Look for Kid too.

Aleksander lloked under table and saw odd plastic bag. He looked in and saw bomb he gave a quick glance and noticed something not right.

"There is nothing to blow up, only smoke grenade. Possibly these are only to cause chaos."

Aleksander send another text: Found bomb. Only smoke grenade. Clear

Ari looked at his BlackBerry. It was a message from Aleksander.

"There is nothing to blow up, only smoke grenade. Possibly these are only to cause chaos."

Ari replied.

"Not sure if they used only smoked grenade. How many 'bombs' left then?"

(I'm just going to say this to sum up: there are four bombs. There are also many fakes, which are more simple in construction. Also, the KID impersonator holds the trigger to explode the bombs remotely, so stop him and the bombs stop. So either disarm all the bombs or stop the impersonator.

Oh, the impersonator has on the typical KID getup except he's also wearing a Noh mask. He also won't speak. He's on the roof.)

Aleksander pulled his hair. Even thought racing is stressing, that is still his element, not army things.

"We don't know the amount of bombs. HITTO! 

Aleksander wrote another text, this time to Tsukiko: "If you can, try to drive my car. It's in close park house. Just ram the gears without clutch."

Second message went to others: "If you see bomb, see if it only got smoke grenade. If got, easy to defuse.  And skel said we should stop KID. So were you think he is?"

@KKLT-nee~ :o

@AL- So you want this IRL to be as bad as Movie 14?

----------------

"Eh~? And I thought no one would notice little ol' 'Mari'!" she said in a out-of-character Mickey Mouse/kawaii-girl voice. That was mainly to highlight irony, so after seeing the surprised face of Chopper (who was still quite a mystery to her, although she had some suspects.), she quickly reverted back to serious mode. "You really shouldn't rush into a building screaming when an impending explosion is looming above our heads. And not that word, please. Luckily Japanese people comprised almost a hundred percent of people in this store."

She brushed her hair outwards, and walked up the stairs again. If that guy was really a KID impersonator, he would do the traditional waiting/staring at the city from the roof thing that KID always does in the series. She pressed a key on her cellphone twice, and another once. Maybe it wouldn't work, but she had to try.

Maybe 7 more minutes to Armageddon. Crap!

---------------------------

(XD Sorry I had to try that once XD)

----------

"You really shouldn't rush into a building screaming when an impending explosion is looming above our heads. And not that word, please. Luckily Japanese people comprised almost a hundred percent of people in this store." the girl called Mari replied.

"Ah. Well, haha... " Amber scratched her head in embarrassment. "Sorry... Ah... Yes! Let's head to the roof! According to Detective Conan and anime logic, KID would likely be there or some other buildings close to us watching!"

With that, Amber grabbed the girl and started climbing up the ladder to the roof.

=============

(XD Physical Abuse! XD) 

A hand grabbed Amber's shoulder and held her back. Turning around, she saw a girl in a long brown hood covering her entire body except for her face, which happened to have a wide smirk on it.

"Wait a sec, underlings." Her smirk disappeared but she still appeared condescending. "What the hell are you thinking? If you go after the bomber like that, he's just going to set off the bombs. That would be such a shame." Her last statement was clearly a lie. Whoever this girl was, you felt a bit unnerved.

"Take this." She threw a mysterious black rectangular object at your feet. When one of you went to pick it up, she began to explain what it was.

"It's one of the actual bombs the guy planted in this building. If you bring this to the roof, he can't set off the bombs without blowing himself up in the process." She turned her attention to the stairs, then back at you. "Well, then, get going, underlings! Good luck to ya!" She walked off, mumbling to herself a bit too loud, so you could hear what she said:

"Now why would Sasaki pick them?"

(Hey, Lilliam's here, just because I want to disprove her being the KID impersonator...or is she actually the impersonator, about to leave the building? Who knows for sure. Anyways, get up on the roof!

The poll results entertain me since they are so far off the mark. :V Maybe it'll help if I give these hints:

- Kyoko's name is written so it means "child of the city".

- Lilliam and Kyoko are supposed to be enemies, but their respective circumstances have them on more cooperative terms.

- Lilliam and the KID impersonator are working towards the same goals.

Anyways, status report.

The following person is still on hiatus:

Rukia Kurosaki

I haven't got any recent notice from her, so until further notice I'll hold onto her character.

I'm not seeing much contribution from the following people:

Misaki-chan

Ren-kun

Further lack of contribution will result in removal from the round.

I would like to see more contribution from the following people:

Rye

Bain

Henry Gordan (and less attitude, please)

I see contribution, but I would like more. This is more a suggestion than a warning, cause you guys are doing fine.

Contribution does not just mean posting a single line or paragraph every 3 days, folks. It also does not necessarily mean walls of text. Participation in the story is contribution, and it's what I'm looking at most.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, guys! Keep up the work!)

Tsukiko stared at the message she had gotten form Alek.

"I... I don't know how to drive..." Her hand shook in annoyed rage as she fought against urge to throw the piece of plastic/metal/glass/whatnot on the wall. She glanced around the storage room then. There wasn't much left to see anymore. Just a couple of boxes. The Finn riffled through them and found a strange black box.

"Huh? What's this?"

"I've obtained a strange black box. Looks suspicious. Oh, by the way. I freaking can't drive a car!" Tsukiko wrote on the message that she sent to Alek.

"I should probably head to the roof... The Kid impersonator might be there... And if this one ends up being dangerous, I can toss it easily away." The blonde left the room but not before glancing her wrist watch.

"Five minutes to go..."

(sorry I've been inactive, I've had to work a lot)

God, what have I gotten myself into?!

This was way too much for Misaki. She should have known it was a bad idea from the start, joining a group of people she barely knew to stop something she barely knew anything about. Because now she had to help stop bombs from blowing up. They were also down a person because Elle was taken by the skeleton man for "safe keeping" as he put it. I am so out of my depth right now.

Everyone around her was talking, someone saying something about how they know how to defuse a bomb (thank god), some yelling about KID and how much of a jerk he was (agreed), how they should split up to look for the bombs (good idea) to just a mess of words mixed with the screaming of the shoppers running away from the building. Following everyone else, she weaved through the crowds while keeping her head down in hopes no one would look hard enough to notice her face. Where to go, where to go, where to go...

Getting into the building was one thing, a very easy thing actually. How they didn't get caught, especially considering the foreigners stuck out like a sore thumb, she may never know. But finding the bombs and getting rid of all of them in time was another thing. This store is way too big for us to find and disable the bombs in time... Is there an easier way?

Even if there was an easier way, there wasn't time to think of it right now. As she split apart from the group, she quickly stopped to look at a map of the building. OK, so where would there be the most damage? What would cause the building to collapse easily? Structure beams I suppose, or whatever they're called. Probably lower on the building too since if destroying the base can cause the entire building to fall.

With that in mind, Misaki ran throughout the first floor, hoping to find a way to the basement (assuming there was one) or a support beam or something. Suddenly, she noticed a small black box taped to a beam and skidded to a stop. I found one!

She grabbed her phone to contact someone from the group to tell them that she found one only to remember that she never actually got anyone's contact information. Of course. 

Trying not to panic (and only somewhat succeeding), she studied the bomb, looking to see if there was a switch or anything. Nothing on the outside. Maybe the inside...?

It was a gamble, but she really had no other choice. There was no time to look for someone. After carefully removing it from the wall, she got out a coin and used it as a makeshift screwdriver to unscrew the top before peering inside. The set up was simple, almost too simple for a bomb. Could it be fake? It would make sense to have fake ones I suppose, especially if KID assumed people would try to disarm them.

She saw an off switch, off to the side and quickly turned it off. OK, time to go look for another one. I kinda doubt that was a real one, considering how easy it was to turn off. Maybe I'll run into someone and I can join them.

After running up the stairs to a different floor, she resumed her search for a bomb. As she looked, she noticed someone else on the floor, holding a black box and limping a bit. Is that...?

"Tsukiko-san?" she yelled out.

A hand grabbed Amber as she started her climb to the roof. 'Mari?' She turned around to look but to her surprise it wasn't Mari but another girl in a hood.

"Wait a sec, underlings." She said with a smirk which then disappeared. "What the hell are you thinking? If you go after the bomber like that, he's just going to set off the bombs. That would be such a shame."

'Wh-who is that girl? Is she with the skeleton man?'

"Take this." She said while throwing a mysterious black rectangular object on the ground.

'What is that?' Amber looked at it as the other girl went and picked it up.

"It's one of the actual bombs the guy planted in this building. If you bring this to the roof, he can't set off the bombs without blowing himself up in the process. Well, then, get going, underlings! Good luck to ya!" And with that she walked off, talking loudly to herself, so loud they could hear, "Now why would Sasaki pick them?"

'Sa-Sasaki? Who's that? And wait a sec... Di-did she say th-that is a bomb!?' Amber turned to the black box Mari is carrying. 'No way!'

(What? No Jaegers? :<)

"Too many. Just too many." Asters' patience was being tested by the Lord, he was now sure. He had found three dummy bombs in a row after hearing about them from Ari. Ah speak of the devil, a text from him. Well he had no updates on the bombs. 

"You feelin' I my me mine subete!" He began to run recklessly towards the stairs followed by Ren-kun who himself had been searching for bombs on other side of the floor. "Wait banana-kun!" he called after Aster, stopping him in his tracks. 

"FOR HORAHKTY'S SAKE WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME? I'M ASTER!" Aster yelled before they continued running up wards. There was a store left open a few floors above. The door was slightly ajar and there were no people in there. In the distant there was the sound of police. Barely five minutes and they'd arrived huh. 

"Aster what does Horahkty mean?" Ren asked as he panted behind him but Aster went inside the store muttering "Google like everyone else...". He pulled out the envelope from before took out some pieces of paper from it. He didn't how much but nearly half of them, all 10,000 yen notes from his mysterious benefactors. It was a skydiving shop. He took out two bags that contained paragliders. Thank God some things were written in English too. Well, imported though they were. 

"And now we can fly! Come on!" He tossed one to Ren. They both rushed towards the roof. "Why the roof?!" Ren asked. "Of course KID is there." The older boy was stumped for a second. It was something very stupid but it couldn't be refuted either. 

Umm, I'll try to do my best. And if I counted right we should find two more bombs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aleksander found two more fake bombs. 

Shit, this isn't going to work. We should have better information line to stay in count.

Aleksander started to sent text, but stopped. Only five minutes left. 

Suddenly he got message from Tsukiko: "I've obtained a strange black box. Looks suspicious. Oh, by the way. I freaking can't drive a car!"

Shit, should I go and help her and leave this floor on it's own. She is most likely on the first floor because her leg is broken?

As Aleksander started to run down he sent quick message to Ari: "Tsukiko found bomb. Going down to help and taking the car. Try to survive"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just noticed that I don't know which floor I'm on. Are Misaki and Tsukiko on the first floor?

^That's why my message is short

Amber was shocked for a moment due to the sudden realization that they were carrying a live bomb. But the girl was right. If they had just approached that terrorist, he may just explode the bombs and leave, and they die. Having a bomb with them actually gives them an insurance.

"Let's go..." Amber said as she continued her climb up to the roof. The lid was tightly shut but with a hard push, it flipped open and Amber crawled out of it silently, and she reached down to pull Mari out of it.

From behind a wall, they peeped out at the roof. Amber spotted a silhouette close to the edge of the roof.

'White suit and top hat... Flowing cape... KID!!! ' Amber nearly screamed but she stopped herself. 'We found him!' Amber quickly sent a text message to everyone regarding the new find.

Just then she felt intense taps on her shoulder (probably Mari) and looked up. 'Oh s***...'

Amber immediately pulled herself back deeper behind the wall. KID seemed to be suspicious and turned his head, staring over at their direction. Amber and Mari tried to keep silent and calm, hoping the rest would come soon. They could hear footsteps walking over their direction and it is indeed getting closer by the second.

'S*** s**** s***!!! Stay there don't come!!!' Amber thought as both of them mentally prepare themselves for direct confrontation.

However, the footsteps continued and got closer and closer, until it stopped just a meter away. Then it was silent. Amber slowly turned her head and prepared for KID to appear. From the side of the wall, she could see the shadow of KID but he probably couldn't see theirs. He stood perfectly still for quite some time without moving, then suddenly, for who knows what reason, the shadow mysteriously dissolved!

'WHAT THE!?' Both she and Mari jumped in shock with the sudden disappearance of KID (or his shadow) and scanned the surroundings nervously for the missing guy.

"Ah!" Both Mari and her sensed motion and looked up.

A man with the KID setup wearing a Noh mask appears in their sight, and apparently, has noticed them.

'This isn't good...' Amber muttered to herself as KID raised something that looks like a gun and pointed at them. 'Oh gawd... What should we do...!!! Someone...!'

"I'm not going to plummet to my death, AL-kun." 

Ren kept up with the a little too enthusiastic boy as they trudged up the stairs, vowing to at least speak up whenever his younger companion decides on something again. It was true that he had the logic to back his impulsiveness up, but if Ren allowed him to continue taking the reins, they'd be dead before they can even have a clue of what was really going on. Not to mention that two teenagers flinging themselves off a building's roof in pursuit of a renowned thief wouldn't go exactly unnoticed. They weren't even sure if the impostor had the means to replicate KID's signature escape via para glider anyway.

Reaching the door that led to the rooftop, Ren twisted AL's right arm around, leaving him little room for resistance. He then calmly took the pack off the other boy's back and tossed it over the railing of the stairs along with his own. Physical strength was an aspect of a human that he's good at, as long as he deemed a situation necessary of it. The packs landed on the ground beneath them in a combined thud, satisfying Ren and obviously annoying Aster to no end. "And neither will you." He opened the door with a shaky grip on the doorknob and a quivering lip, forcing down the sheer terror that built up from the time a skeleton man read them their mission objective. Beckoning Aster to follow him, Ren's adrenaline rush increased tenfold. 

His eyes immediately focused on the telltale flamboyant KID costume, making him unable to move for quite some time. The gun that the impostor had on his hand was too real for him to digest. The only thing that shook his temporary paralysis off was the sight of Amber and Mari being on the receiving end of the potential bullet. Without thinking, he rushed to their aid and stood firmly in front of the girls, though his wobbly knees was giving a whole new definition to the word 'firmly'. A bluff. Think of a bluff and be useful for once.

"Shoot it. If you really think you're worthy of being KID and having the media hyped up about you, then shoot it. Come on, I'm waiting for the playing card that 's going to hit the ground between my feet." Betting on the fact that the impostor spoke English was a bit of a stretch. But agreeing to take part in the entire situation alone already had him doubting his sanity so might as well.

"See, those parachutes could have taken a bullet for us. And uh, let go of my hand maybe?" Aster suggested. The threat of a person with a gun looming over him was nothing new. 

====

Curses >:[

Chopper grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs. "Cho-!"

She had dragged her up several steps already when another hand swiped in front of her, and grabbed Chopper's hand, She turned around, maybe expecting "Mari"'s other hand, but found something else instead. It was the hand of a girl, with a hood covering her whole body, except her face. She was smirking from end to end, which made her skin crawl.

The girl placed a black box in her hands, and told them that it was a bomb...

Wait, what?!

She then wished them good luck (Oh, like skelly man! So many weird people here!) and disappeared, muttering something audible enough for her ears to pick up, "Now why would Sasaki pick them?"

Sa...sa...ki? She remembered the strange yawny girl who seemed like a stalker. "Name's Sasaki Kyoko. You...look like a mess."

She gaped at the black box she was now holding, maybe gaping too much, since they were on the roof before they knew it. 

Using poofity-poof-poof magic (AKA illusions), his silhouette disappeared, and he popped up on the roof above her and Chopper, pointing a gun at them (definitely not card gun. Even if it was, it would probably cut through some stuff.). Her previously blank face now showed some traces of shock, fear and...amusement?

This amusement, probably, was from the wobbly-kneed supposed-to-be-knight-in-shining-armor, doing something she wouldn't do: the sure-shoot-it method. Provocation would only make the situation ten times worse. 

This trip is something new...I got "arrested", met virtual strangers, handed the responsibility of protecting the lives of civilians in just ten minutes and placed on the receiving end of a potential bullet twice. Maybe that was another source of amusement.

She remembered the bomb as AL commented on the bullet-proof (?) quality of their parachutes (What are they going to do anyway? Jump of the building?) If she could somehow trick him into pressing the detonator, and throwing the bomb at him, then bye-bye KID impostor!

Really? Is this the next challenge? Killing someone? What is this, an initiation or something?

-----------------------

Tsukiko stepped into the elevator and pressed the button of the highest floor. Just when the doors were about to close she heard someone calling her name. The blonde stopped the doors from closing with her free hand. The person who had called for her, jogged to the elevator.

"M-..." What was her name again? Misaki? "Misaki, right?"

"Yeah..." The girl nodded.

"Going up with me?"

"I can yeah..." Misaki glanced at the box Tsukiko was holding. "What are you going to do with that one?"

"I don't know yet. I'm not even sure what this is. But if this ends up being dangerous, I can throw this away from the roof."

"To the streets full of people!?"

The elevator doors closed once again.

"No, it'll do whatever it'll do in midair."

The black box rested on the blonde's hands while the bigger metal box around the girl's began its ascend.

"I should probably tell Alek that I'm going up rather than down..."

(Let the madness begin~ XDDD Sorry if it deviates from your plot Moho :V)

--------------------

Just as Amber was scared out of her Chopper pants seeing the pistol, suddenly, some guys came and one of them hastily jumped infront of them. 

'Ah...This is the poor guy who got hit by my... newspaper... Though I don't really know his name...'

"Shoot it. If you really think you're worthy of being KID and having the media hyped up about you, then shoot it. Come on, I'm waiting for the playing card that 's going to hit the ground between my feet." he said to the kid above. KID lifted his head a little and relaxed his grip of his gun a little as though mocking them, but Amber could not make out what he was thinking. Was he confused or amused or just plain bored?  But the situation here didn't change! They are still in danger! What should she do!?

While Amber was panicking, the KID guy re-lifted the gun, and shot. 

"Ah-arrrgh!" Amber screamed as the guy infront collapsed. 'NOoooo! Did he just get shot!?'

"You alright!???!?!?!!" Amber yelled at the guy infront, but she realized there was something else more urgent. KID raised his gun at Amber this time. 'No wait...'

Before she could think, her legs were already starting to move, so did the rest. And suddenly, she felt something pierce through her left leg. "Ngh!!! S***!!!!!"

Amber fell onto the ground in pain. 'I got hit!? Urgh! It's a real gun! Don't tell me that boy died!?' Amber turned to the boy who shielded them and saw that he had climbed back up. However, KID had his attention on the other girl instead, probably because she was carrying the black box.

'Oh no... Mari!'

---------------------

(Battle begin! Catch KID!)