Detective Conan World
ShiroKuro

We should have a day where everyone goes on.

Dunno if this is the correct place to post it but....

seriously we should have a day where everyone goes on and go onto DCW (we should have it on conan's b-day on something) and just chat and makes posts.....its really quiet now and theres around 9 thousand members and I'd like to meet everyone....

ja ne~

You've been here for ten days. You don't even know what quiet around here is.

I probably don't really know what quiet here is either, but I did notice that it's quieter than when I joined... :(

Not everyone will be able to come online on the same day, but it might be a good idea to try and beat the most people online at once record... ;)

Oh, give me a break guys. icon_neutral.gif I check this forum four times a day or so, and every time I go to the "view new content" button and see that there are 3-4 pages of new posts in there everytime I look.

Maybe if people would actually look at threads other than the ones in the Off-Topic chatroom they wouldn't be complaining so much, since the complaint seems to really be "no one has responded to my chatroom post in the past twenty minutes" instead of "this forum is too quiet". To say that this forum is too quiet is preposterous. You want to see some quiet boards? Heck, ones dedicated to this fandom no less?

• Upvote 1

Oh, give me a break guys. icon_neutral.gif I check this forum four times a day or so, and every time I go to the "view new content" button and see that there are 3-4 pages of new posts in there everytime I look.

Maybe if people would actually look at threads other than the ones in the Off-Topic chatroom they wouldn't be complaining so much, since the complaint seems to really be "no one has responded to my chatroom post in the past twenty minutes" instead of "this forum is too quiet". To say that this forum is too quiet is preposterous. You want to see some quiet boards? Heck, ones dedicated to this fandom no less?

The generation of instant gratification CC...

That said, this proposal is impossible. Not only are there numerous inactive accounts, but I don't think the DCW servers can handle the load. Just look at the DCTP forums on a major release day... It crashes all the time. Having hundreds of people on at the same time is not a good idea. (When I first joined, this forum would not work several times due to server load)

On top of that, if this is a bid to make the forum more active, I'd call you crazy. Mainly because in this fandom, next to DCTP forums, this is the most active DC forum (in English at least, I can't speak for other languages). And the only reason DCTP edges out this one is because... well... That is where the releases come from, so of course that would be more visited.

That said, this proposal is impossible. Not only are there numerous inactive accounts, but I don't think the DCW servers can handle the load. Just look at the DCTP forums on a major release day... It crashes all the time. Having hundreds of people on at the same time is not a good idea. (When I first joined, this forum would not work several times due to server load)

On top of that, if this is a bid to make the forum more active, I'd call you crazy. Mainly because in this fandom, next to DCTP forums, this is the most active DC forum (in English at least, I can't speak for other languages). And the only reason DCTP edges out this one is because... well... That is where the releases come from, so of course that would be more visited.

This place feels more like a facebook dedicated to DC to me- and I like it. A lot. XD

But yeah. Too many people would cause... issues. Maybe that's why a lot of the staff members there are so darn pushy. ;P lol jk... kinda.

But I'd like if the people here could just stay relaxed and be without worry of spam and the like. XD

But yeah. Too many people would cause... issues. Maybe that's why a lot of the staff members there are so darn pushy. ;P lol jk... kinda.

I take offense to this... I'm a staff member there... <_< *Glares at IHKF*

I take offense to this... I'm a staff member there... <_< *Glares at IHKF*

I said a majority. You're one of the cool ones. ;)

I suppose that's true. When I joined, I was reading many threads from the beginning so there was a lot to keep me busy, but now I've read them so it feels a bit "quiet"... And I guess I don't really realise how much work mods have to do xP Sorry, but thanks for what you're doing :)

Dunno if this is the correct place to post it but....

seriously we should have a day where everyone goes on and go onto DCW (we should have it on conan's b-day on something) and just chat and makes posts.....its really quiet now and theres around 9 thousand members and I'd like to meet everyone....

ja ne~

That is nearing impossible. The server would crash and I really do doubt you'd want to meet 9 thousand members at once. If, say, even a tenth of them posted in one thread, imagine how many pages you'd have to read! Further more, a lot of those accounts are inactive, how do you propose we get them back? Even if the server magically could handle that many people, it wouldn't be enjoyable. I think it'd be a lot more crowded and would lose the one thing I like most about DCW, a sense of community.

It's not a bad idea, but it's not a rational one either.

That is nearing impossible. The server would crash and I really do doubt you'd want to meet 9 thousand members at once. If, say, even a tenth of them posted in one thread, imagine how many pages you'd have to read! Further more, a lot of those accounts are inactive, how do you propose we get them back? Even if the server magically could handle that many people, it wouldn't be enjoyable. I think it'd be a lot more crowded and would lose the one thing I like most about DCW, a sense of community.

It's not a bad idea, but it's not a rational one either.

No, no, bad idea. I would inevitably miss the date and everyone would be sad. :(

lol xD

But I guess what you say is true... DCW is very good like this :D

I think its a good idea to schedule a meet up for all members. :3

That is... if the server can handle it.

But I wonder how many people will actually participate...

If the server can handle it, than I guess it should be fine but the problem is what KKLT-chan said. I bet at least half of DCW's members are not really into DCW. I bet they rarely come onto DCW so even if we made a date where everyone should come in, there will still be less than the 9000+ members DCW have. So I feel like it's really no real benefit of doing this at all... :unsure:

If the server woN't crash, then it's worth a try... But i bet oNly those already active oNes will participate, well dEpending oN the time zoNes...

No, no, bad idea. I would inevitably miss the date and everyone would be sad. :(

:V :V :V IU would be sad, I'm sure... :P

• Upvote 1

If the server woN't crash, then it's worth a try... But i bet oNly those already active oNes will participate, well dEpending oN the time zoNes...

:V :V :V IU would be sad, I'm sure... :P

I was going to say that but I didn't dare... :P :P :P I hope I'm not going to die tonight for having said that :P

I've only been here a few days so I can't really say. ^^; But it seems pretty active to me. o.o

I have to say, it has been quite active lately :grin: It's the Christmas spirit! :mrgreen: