Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 796-800 (The Cursed Toilet Of The Mouri Detective Agency)

Filler poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Amuro suspecting Conan? (multiple choice)

• He is suspecting that Conan is Shinichi.
    • He is suspecting that Conan is the brains behind Kogoro
    • He is suspecting that something about Conan is not quite right.
    • He is a little suspicious of Conan's intelligence
    • He is a little suspicious of the relationship between Conan and Kogoro
    • He doesn't really suspect anything about Conan beyond being very smart.
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Shinichi
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Akai
    • Some other option not listed you will tell me about in the comments.
    • Not sure
  2. 2. What is the woman's motive? (multiple choice)

• To have the money for herself
    • To get revenge on the robbers for killing the employee.
    • To get revenge on the robbers for betraying her.
    • Something related to Kogoro
    • Something related to Amuro.
    • To get revenge on Kogoro's bathroom.
    • Something not listed. (Comment so I can add it. )
  3. 3. Who is the third robber?

• 1st woman Toyokita Rinko
    • 2nd woman Furiya Sakae
    • 3rd woman Tegawa Takayo
    • None of them
    • Don't know
    • (attempting to fix the poll)
    • (attempting to fix the poll)

I've read it... That.. that was impossible..?!?!

What in the world's going on? That woman was 100% percent tied up, and how she can got herself tied up!?! This is most baffling...

FILE 796 IS OUT!!

Reading now~!!

EDIT: Finished. \o/

I think that the shadow person was either the culprit, victim or possibly someone else who was watching them... If it was someone un-related to the case (which I doubt), he/she seemed to be looking more at Amuro.

A monologue by page

pg 1) Another new phone? I thought Conan wasn't allowed to have updates until they resolved the Akai's/Rikumichi's fingerprint ambiguity on his two old ones at the end of the Bourbon arc.

pg 2) Two of the three robbers look like women based on their heights, with one taller man. I could be wrong though if we have a short slim guy suspect. The dead employee may be related to the current murder somehow, like a relative is out for revenge on the robbers. Maybe the employee was an inside assistant who was double crossed, but that sounds like a bad plan because it calls too much police attention to the crime when someone dies - better to betray outside of the case.

pg 3) The new banknotes means the robbers need to find someone who can launder their cash for them. That’s a potential motive. I wonder how long Amuro has been working at Poirot chronologically? He seems to already know Mouri's habits. If he hasn't been there for long that might indicate some earlier sneaking about unless Asuza filled him in or something. I wonder if Amuro has bugged the agency, now that he has been in it?

Is anyone else slightly disturbed about how Amuro invaded Kogoro's personal space?

pg 4) Yoko.... typical, Kogoro. Conan knows programming now? He knows more than would be feasible for a teen his age, no matter the supergenius level. I hope no one tries to hack the page.

pg 5)

Pg 6) Shadow dude looks like a lady. Gosho does sometimes draw them with slight gender characteristics. I wonder if the shadowchick is upset over the number of people at the agency?

Pg 7) Amuro is wearing black or (at least a dark color).

Finding the locker has some at least minor time concern because the client’s story involved a desire to find whatever it was in the locker in time to “bury it with their dead elder brother.”

A coin locker might be big enough to store the cash from the robbery. In this case, the key must have been taken from someone who had it before, but that person was unwilling (betrayed) or was unable (dead) to tell where it belonged. It is possible the robbers were betraying each other for a greater share of the cash. One took the cash and tried to split, but at least one of the others killed him (or incapacitated him) and/or took his key without knowing where it went.

The key could belong to the dead employee, but if the employee was an insider he couldn’t have hidden the cash because he died in the robbery. Also what would the employee have that the robbers need in a locker. What if one of the robbers was a relative of the dead employee which lead to that person betraying the others after one of the others shot the employee?

Pg 8,9)

Pg 10) Besides the two in the bathroom, there may be a third person keeping watch from outside the agency doing the texting. It would be hard to text while tied up, and if the lady and Dreadlocks are two of the robbers, we still have a third person to consider. If the woman in the bathroom was texting without tape, they were at imminent risk of plan failure if Conan opened the door and caught her doing it. On the other hand, she may have been rushed given by her disclosing that she somehow knew that Kogoro had others with him in the text despite not meeting.

Pg 11) Regarding the redirection mail, there could be two potential setups here. One is the simple redirection Amuro proposed, that a third party inserted themselves into communications between Kogoro and the client in order to meet with the client and pretend to be Kogoro's assistant in order to obtain the key or information from the client. This makes sense in light of the switching phone numbers.

A second, less likely possibility is that a third party was in communication with the client in the first place and gave them fake contact info for Kogoro at the start. The client contacted the third party to arrange a meeting with “Kogoro” and then the third party had to come up with a case to get Kogoro out of the detective agency so they could use it for appearances. That doesn’t explain the phone switch, because the intercepting party should use the same phone number the whole time.

Pg 12) The drag marks are interesting. A big young guy like Dreadlocks could have carried the chick, but not vice versa so easily. Maybe the chick used a taser to set the guy up on the toilet and prepare a murder trick to make it appear the guy committed suicide? She mentioned one later.

Conan is showing off a little. Not too much yet, but enough to be noticeable.

Pg 13) Chances are a fake suicide trick took a more than a split second to setup so the culprit chick planned in advance to kill the guy when Kogoro came back after not meeting the client to establish an alibi. If so, I wonder why she needed to text them to leave rather than execute the trick right away when they came in? Was she not quite done because they came back early after figuring out the message was from a different address?

Pg 14) I’m surprised Amuro didn’t get to the door as fast as Conan. The grip on the gun looks sensible for a suicide through the mouth. It could also be triggered by someone pulling a shoelace so it pressures down the thumb.

The bathroom location means things could have been flushed, although not right before the crime. We might also find another cellphone in the toilet with its data conveniently destroyed.

Pg 15) Kashitsuka Kei is also a valid guy’s name. I know the chick said it was her name, but I wonder if that is true. Kei could be Dreadlocks and Kogoro's real client. It would make a lot of sense if the chick was the interceptor based on Amuro’s redirection scenario if she was the murderer, and the shadow person who looks a bit female to me. It also jives with the reason why Gosho introduced the webpage in this chapter: normally Kogoro gets voice calls on the phone which means he would know the gender of clients. A webpage removes even that info so the situation is ripe for a gender mistake.

Taking the laces out of the lady's shoes is a bit suspicious because that is a lot of work just to keep someone from running away quickly, especially if you have tape and a stungun.

Pg 16)

• Upvote 3

Chek, Web design is pretty easy. If he did full html or graphical would be the question. Either way, not too surprising, because html is simple.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have to agree that the new phone thing is rather random. I hope Conan didn't throw away the other one.

I also have a strange feeling about the website thing. While it may just be that Gosho only intends to use it to support this very case (the purpose of which Chek has speculated above), there's still a possibility that it will play some sort of role in the future arcs. I wonder what is Conan's true purpose by putting Kogoro online ? And who knows, perhaps one day someone (*cough*BO*cough*) will try to hack that page, although I don't see any point in doing that, as this is just another method for Kogoro's clients to contact him.

About the black shadow, I think it's the third robber, though I'm not very sure about that. However, I'm quite certain that he/she is not plot-related.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Translation by Zenthisoror of the DCTP Cbox

Title: The Intertwined Lie and Mystery

Megure: "But why put Miss Kashitsuka Kei here? All he wanted to do was ask her where the key was for!"

Kogoro: "He could have threatened her with the pistol and transferred to somewhere else for questioning. I mean, he'd knocked her out and bound her, so he'd clearly planned to stay in here for a fair amount of time."

Megure: "It ended in a pistol suicide after all."

Kogoro: "Well, he probably surrendered when this here Magnificent Mouri came back earlier than he expected."

Conan: "As though you were the person who realized what was going on."

Kashitsuka: "He seemed quite agitated...He was saying that he needed to find the locker quick or it was going to be really bad..."

Megure: "Do you really not recall having seen this man before? Isn't there a chance that he was a friend of your brother's?"

Kashitsuka: "No, although I haven't met many of my brother's friends..."

Amuro: "As an aside, how did you lose your brother?"

Kashitsuka: ...

Amuro: "How did he die?"

Kashitsuka: "Oh, yes! He died in an accident four days ago. This is my brother..." she produces a photo on my mobile and shows it to them. The two of them are standing side by side.

Conan: This man...I've seen him somewhere before..." (hair parted on one side, glasses, a bit foxy looking)

Megure: "That reminds me...phones...this man's phone is very strange. Apart from the message from Mr Mouri, there aren't any others."

Kashitsuka: "He was using mine."

Megure: "Even still, amongst both sent and received, that's it! The address book is blank. But it doesn't look like a new phone...and I've got niggles about the coins and purse in his shirt pocket. He's got 5000 yen worth of change...and in his purse, he's got two 10000 notes, five 5000, and forty seven 1000 yen notes...wouldn't you think that odd?"

Amuro looks at the stungun, cigarettes, lighter, purse and change. Conan is silent.

Megure: "Oh yes...one of the two towels at the feet of the corpse was apparently wet on the edges...would you know why?"

Kashitsuka: "Hmm...I was lying face down the whole time, I was so scared."

Megure: "And also I was wondering why a bootlace found underneath the towel had a knotted loop on the end..."

Kashitsuka: "Oh, that's a habit of mine from when I was little. When you wash your trainers and hang them up to dry, my brother said that it makes it easier to hang them. You can't wash boots but I kept the habit..."

Kogoro: "Inspector, maybe this evening we should leave it here..."

Megure: "In which case, tomorrow, we shall continue. Could we have your address and contact details, please? And possibly some form of ID?"

Kashitsuka: "You're going to write it down somewhere...I just came out of university and I'm unemployed, so I don't have any sort of business card you could use for my ID...I have my insurance papers at home."

Megure: "Could you bring that with you tomorrow?"

Amuro: "Shall I drive you home? There might be more of this man's gang lurking around the place."

Kashitsuka: "Oh...yes!"

Megure: "Incidentally, what's he doing here?"

Kogoro: "He's my first apprentice!"

Megure: "So there's another detective hovering about you again."

Amuro: "Another?"

Megure: "Recently there's been this young girl detective who's been poking her head into cases with Mouri."

Amuro: "A young girl detective? I see."

In Amuro's car...

Ran: "It's a different coloured version of Inspector Sato's car!"

Conan: "A white RX7...This would be pretty popular up on that cliff in Gunma." (Note that Amuro Ray's RX-78-2 Gundam is considered white)

Kogoro: "What are you two doing here?"

Ran: "Dad, you as well! What are you doing? The thought of only Conan and me in the agency, what with someone having just died, was a bit creepy!"

Kogoro: "I...I was concerned for Miss Kei."

They arrive at Kashitsuka's flat.

Kashitsuka: "Don't worry about me any more...there's nobody waiting to ambush me or anything..."

Kogoro: "Oh...oh, really?"

Conan: "Ah! I forgot to go to the toilet! I'll wet my pants! Miss, please, could I use your loo?"

Kashitsuka: "Yes...yes, the toilet's is straight to the right as soon as you go in..."

Conan goes into the house. He catches an odd smell

Conan: This smell...could it be...

Amuro: "Actually...I needed to go as well.."

Kogoro: "Me too..."

Kashitsuka: "Alright...then why don't you make yourselves comfortable for a time being? I've only got tea though..."

They all go into another room. Conan comes out of the toilet but doesn't go into the room. The table's covered with junk.

Kogoro: "Er...were you having a party last night?"

Kashitsuka: "Yes, with a few friends."

Kogoro switches on the TV and watches the news being broadcast from the agency.

Ran: "Shoot! Mum must be getting worried...I've had my phone switched off the whole time..."

Ran's phone rings

Ran: "Mum?"

Sera: "Why the hell is your phone off? I was so worried! And are Co...and Mr...goro...right?"

Ran: "Oh...sorry, your voice is breaking up..."

Amuro notices something and switches off her phone.

Amuro: "This room's bugged. Would you mind if we looked around all of the rooms?"

He brings out an instrument of some sort.

Kashitsuka: "Could you wait five minutes? I need to put away my underwear..."

Kashitsuka goes out of the room and tries to go out of the porch...

Conan: "Where are you going, Miss?"

Kashitsuka: "Just to buy some tea leaves from the convenience store..."

Conan: "I'll come with you! Shall I call Ran?"

Kashitsuka: "No, it's fine. Let's go with the two of us."

Kogoro: "That's ten minutes already."

Ran: "Maybe she went to the loo?"

Amuro: "Let's look for the bugging devices....Ran, you start from the middle of the room, put on some loud music on your mobile and use that noise to locate it..."

In the car with Conan and Kashitsuka

Conan: "So you had your driving license?"

Kashitsuka: "Yes."

Conan: "Why didn't you show it to the inspector earlier?"

Kashitsuka: "The photo's rubbish. Anyway, putting that aside, how's the juice I recommended you got from the vending machine earlier?"

Conan: "It's nice!"

In Kashitsuka's home

Ran: "My goodness! This is already the third!"

They enter the next room.

Kogoro and Ran: "This room stinks..."

Amuro: "It seems that there are more bugs in here..."

Ran: "...yes, but, isn't is strange we haven't seen Conan for a while now?"

Kogoro: "Ah, leave him be! The bugs are our priority at the moment."

In the car with Conan and Kashitsuka: The bottle drops out of Conan's hands - he's asleep. Back at the house: Under the bed, they find a huge suitcase. They detect that there's a bug inside it...it's also the source of the smell... They open it up... Ran screams - there's a body of a man inside...

Back in the car with Conan and Kashitsuka: Kashitsuka is using her phone as she drives. She doesn't look particularly nice or happy any more. Conan sleeps away in the other seat...

And that's all folks!

Done

• Upvote 2

This is a pretty gross case. I wonder if it's going to be a four parter? There is no resolution in sight.

I wonder if Sera is going to go the detective agency because she is worried about getting hung up on like that. Also, Conan, you idiot, why did you drink the juice that was obviously going to be drugged? Don't tell me Okiya or Haibara is going to have to track you down with the glasses and bail you out. Let's hope Conan is pretending.

The dead "brother" may have been the dead employee. He could have been her boyfriend she befriended to get info on the bank that she pretended was her brother. It's clear her real name isn't Kashitsuka Kei because she hid her ID from the police. Kei is the dead guy on the toilet. The suitcase guy could be the third robber.

Amuro's car was a Gundam reference. Amuro Ray flew a white RX-78-2 Gundam. It's further proof the animation team botched Akai's truck by making it not red.

The next file is wonderful ! And yes, we get to hear Ran's scream again after some "silent" weeks :rolleyes: This case seems like a 4-file-case to me, not 3 files like general. And Conan.... Ah... No comment for you.

Well, at least we know that Tooru will begin to take interest in Sera

Also, this case is on TV. Although the possibility of this is low, I wonder if Tooru also appears briefly before the camera ? If that's the case, then Sera must have noticed him since she was watching the news. However, she may not know him yet.

That's amasing.

Conan: "As though you were the person who realized what was going on."

I dont understand that phrase. (I'm propably stupid)

Also, Conan, you idiot, why did you drink the juice that was obviously going to be drugged? Don't tell me Okiya or Haibara is going to have to track you down with the glasses and bail you out.

I'm pretty shure he is just pretend. But he must count on somebody.

Also, what do you guys think about the bugs ? I don't really understand the purpose of them. Who was the one that put them ? Was it the woman or somebody else ? And why so many and in multiple rooms ?

my guess is the women, i dont think that its even her house

That's what I theorized over at DCTP. It's clear at this point Kashitsuka Kei is really the dead dreadlocks man and the lady is someone else. The house "faKei" went to probably belongs to dreadlocks, evidenced by the bugs that FaKei likely planted so that she monitor what the real Kashitsuka was doing and where he was, and also by faKei wanting to flee the house quickly before someone realized it wasn't hers. The body in the suitcase is probably the other robber. Because it smells is must be a slightly older death, probably at least a day if not more.

Before I can figure out how the bathroom murder worked I need to see the size of the loop in the shoestring. She probably taped her body up by spinning around in circles to wind an already unwrapped strand around herself.

The employee looks familiar to Conan so it's possible that the employee was the older brother of "faKei" and she is taking revenge on her fellow robbers for killing him or something like that.

That's what I theorized over at DCTP. It's clear at this point Kashitsuka Kei is really the dead dreadlocks man and the lady is someone else. The house "faKei" went to probably belongs to dreadlocks, evidenced by the bugs that FaKei likely planted so that she monitor what the real Kashitsuka was doing and where he was, and also by faKei wanting to flee the house quickly before someone realized it wasn't hers. The body in the suitcase is probably the other robber. Because it smells is must be a slightly older death, probably at least a day if not more.

Before I can figure out how the bathroom murder worked I need to see the size of the loop in the shoestring. She probably taped her body up by spinning around in circles to wind an already unwrapped strand around herself.

The employee looks familiar to Conan so it's possible that the employee was the older brother of "faKei" and she is taking revenge on her fellow robbers for killing him or something like that.

I wonder if she flushed anything in the toiled before they got back.Anyway i somehow think the guy in the toilet was put to sleep, put in the bathroom then she placed the gun in his hands leaned his open mouth on the gun tied the trigger with her shoelaces you mentioned (i have never seen her shoes being shown after she was freed) and pooled on it when they were about to go in, but before that she wrapped her self in tape rolling on it which is the only way i could think possible (but this wold mean she had to take her shoe off in order to do so then somehow put it back) . The force of the gun shot could have pushed his body straight up making it look like that in the 796ch. Also this points: how did she mailed them in the toilet.

Somehow i feel that, what i said here, is wrong, and the Chinese scans would be helpful for this 797ch. to see the shoes and the house and the second dead guy in it

Translation by Zenthisoror of the DCTP Cbox

Title: The Intertwined Lie and Mystery

Megure: "Do you really not recall having seen this man before? Isn't there a chance that he was a friend of your brother's?"

Kashitsuka: "No, although I haven't met many of my brother's friends..."

Amuro: "As an aside, how did you lose your brother?"

Kashitsuka: ...

Amuro: "How did he die?"

Kashitsuka: "Oh, yes! He died in an accident four years ago. This is my brother..." she produces a photo on my mobile and shows it to them. The two of them are standing side by side.

Conan: This man...I've seen him somewhere before..." (hair parted on one side, glasses, a bit foxy looking)

So is anyone hopeful her brother is Kusuda Rikumichi?

• Upvote 1

I expected most of this, which means i'm at least on the right track

I think that the guy who was shot at the robbery was no accident, it was planned. I was wondering how they got inside without suspision. My guess is they had someone on the inside. I don't know why he did it but i think it was to protect someone. The key probably reveals who these guys are or something. Anyway his relative very well may have had the key in the incident of his death. In which someone in the group found out about and killed. This may have been the person set up the meeting with Kogoro online. However with anything online you don't know anything about that person. Therefore planned to go in as the brother of the victims. Someone else lured Mouri away to Colombo. A problem i'm having is that Mouri & company expected the customer to be waiting for them there, however, that would infer they had the ability to get in in the first place. This can only be concluded that if they had that ability there would be no reason to pick the lock. This means that either someone tried to set up this trick or someone came in on their free will and locked the door while someone else came in behind them and picked the lock. My thoughts are someone was already their via bug information. However it happened she couldn't carry the guy out, but she can look like a victim. She has to escape now as planned.

As for the spoiler:

This house could have been a hideout, and was bugged by someone. I believe that Conan is indeed faking in order to find out who she is meeting with.

in short:

In other words, dreads probably was did the first trick i mentioned, and the girl was the bugger and intercepted dreads at mouri's. The house was a hideout. As far as the trick goes the shoe string probably had a knot that went through the pistol to fire the gun. As it was pulled the trigger pulled back firing the gun. His feet were on top of it to hide the trick. It was probably attached to Kei so if she moved it would fire.

I love this case, it reeks of foul play!

LOL When I first read that line (without reading the rest) I also thought of that too XD

Well the translation of File 796 said that the brother died a few days ago, not years, like this Miss Kei stated (unless the spoiler translation is wrong). So we don't know for sure the real day the brother died. So until I see otherwise, I'm hopeful for a BO connection.

And I think it's more likely that the name Kashizuka belongs to the man in the suitcase than the man who died in the Mouri's bathroom (if that's not really the woman's name).