Detective Conan World
Moonlight Magician

SCIENCE!

There's the chance of this coming off weird but seeing as there's no psychology thread (or if there is it's either dead or I have to yet to cross paths with it) But does anyone else find serial killers interesting? I have this almost weird fascination with them. It's really interesting to me how all the cases are different and what happened in their past might have caused them to go down a homicidal path.

Serial killings in general are just awesome.  I could Wikipedia them all day if I had the time.  I once spent nearly 4 hours reading about case after case after case.  Almost didn't do my homework.

My sister and I just discussed this the other day. I've always been curious to find out what drives humans to kill, and their story leading up it.

I've always found that aspect of it really interesting too. I remember some of the documentaries I watched were in a series called Born to Kill and at the end of them they'd talk about the murderer's past to see if how they were brought up could have possibly lead to how they ended up the way they did or if it was genetic. 

It'd probably be fascinating to talk to one. Their thought process and lack of empathy... I wonder how that would surface in every day conversation. 

And while slightly off topic, I also find feral children interesting. Incredibly tragic but interesting nonetheless. They really made me realize just how vital the first few years of life are. So much develops in that time. If you miss that window of a few years, there's not much you can afterwards or rather only so much can be taught if you miss that window. 

And because I get distracted easily and take an unnecessary amount of time to type replied and didn't refresh my page and I don't know how to add a quote when editing a post:

@Akazora I've done something similar to that before. About a year and a half ago when doing my homework I used to find serial killer documentaries on youtube and play them in the background. I'd go through about 10 a week and after I while I had to stop because I'd seen majority of the ones I could find haha. I always found the methods they chose to get rid of the evidence quite interesting. Some ways seemed so well thought out that if hadn't been for that one mistake they probably wouldn't have been. It also amazes me that they can get addicted to killing. Something that's utterly unthinkable for majority of the population can be addictive... I imagine there'd be be quite the adrenaline rush with that stuff but addicting... Never would've thought...

There's the chance of this coming off weird but seeing as there's no psychology thread (or if there is it's either dead or I have to yet to cross paths with it) But does anyone else find serial killers interesting? I have this almost weird fascination with them. It's really interesting to me how all the cases are different and what happened in their past might have caused them to go down a homicidal path.

This is pretty much the thread for every science stuffs.

My sister and I just discussed this the other day. I've always been curious to find out what drives humans to kill, and their story leading up it.

I think the biggest influence is the environmental thingy. Parents especially. (Separated or not, what they teach their child and etc.) Honestly, many people put parents as just minor influence compared to others when the truth is, it plays the biggest role in people's life.

Then there's genetics but seriously, it plays a minor role.

I remember reading about personality disorders yesterday and I could say there's one personality disorder...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

This is pretty much the thread for every science stuffs.

I think the biggest influence is the environmental thingy. Parents especially. (Separated or not, what they teach their child and etc.) Honestly, many people put parents as just minor influence compared to others when the truth is, it plays the biggest role in people's life.

Then there's genetics but seriously, it plays a minor role.

I agree. I came across this article a couple months ago which I found really interesting and shows that childhood is extremely important in more ways than one. 

I agree. I came across this article a couple months ago which I found really interesting and shows that childhood is extremely important in more ways than one.

I read the article and yup, true. Seems like genetics still play a strong role though but not compared to environmental factors.

Haha, just realized that sociopathy is the same with anti-social personality disorder.

It's kinda scary coz sociopaths aren't afraid to lie and manipulate people and they have a very little empathy. Just my worst nightmare.

Anyway, do you study psychology stuffs to? It's kinda one of the awesomest science field. It really helps improve oneself and you can use it for self-defense.

Just read it. It's interesting when you find about someone's childhood and how it shaped them. Only thing me and him differ on is the attention from our parents. I was a loner, but what helped me is real friends and letting out my feelings to my siblings. It's a big reason why my sister's major is Psychology.

My mom used to be very strict to me when I was still younger. (till 14, i think) Since my dad is working outside the country, she has to stand as both mom and dad. It's still amazes me how my mom pulled that off and raised me and my siblings and we didnt end up being bad person.

In relation to the topic, I gotta say that my mom is my biggest influence in my life. So yeah, that.

My mom used to be very strict to me when I was still younger. (till 14, i think) Since my dad is working outside the country, she has to stand as both mom and dad. It's still amazes me how my mom pulled that off and raised me and my siblings and we didnt end up being bad person.

In relation to the topic, I gotta say that my mom is my biggest influence in my life. So yeah, that.

My inspirations have honestly been the people in books, history and anime. I didn't confide to anyone in my family nor do, I just obeyed because I was the youngest. I used to be a very dependent person but I didn't really depend on my family emotionally.

• Upvote 1

My inspirations have honestly been the people in books, history and anime.

I could name a crap-ton of people from books, history, and anime who I look up to, but I wouldn't say that people this current decade brought us were entirely bad either.

I didn't confide to anyone in my family nor do, I just obeyed because I was the youngest. I used to be a very dependent person but I didn't really depend on my family emotionally.

My parents are first generation immigrants so it's hard for them to empathize with problems we tend to have around here.

Communication between my parents and me is always an issue so the only people I'm able to confide in are my friends and sister.

Otherwise, I'm usually on my own. When that happens, I vent on a Word document and save it for future reference.

Anyone have an opinion in the Nature vs. Nurture debate?

When I was really young, I had this idea that everybody was the same from birth, and the only things that made them different afterwards were experiences, environment, and influence. Later it turned out I wasn't the first one to think of that and child prodigy :V

Now, I think the only problem in this debate is how prominent the two sides are. It's doubtful that either side won completely, but to think about it is still interesting.

Anyone have an opinion in the Nature vs. Nurture debate?

When I was really young, I had this idea that everybody was the same from birth, and the only things that made them different afterwards were experiences, environment, and influence. Later it turned out I wasn't the first one to think of that and child prodigy :V

Now, I think the only problem in this debate is how prominent the two sides are. It's doubtful that either side won completely, but to think about it is still interesting.

Nature most definitely has a role.

Psychological traits can be passed down generations through genes. That's why people with severe alcoholism tend to see this characteristic in their families. Their children may never have this problem, but it will most certainly increase their risk if they ever come into contact with alcoholic beverages.

The same can be said with intelligence.

However, I feel that nurture is a much more important factor.

Even if you aren't born as a child prodigy, experiences and influence can help counteract "nature."

Don't ignore nature though. A person's genetic makeup still has a lot to do with how he or she will turn out.

• Upvote 1

I read the article and yup, true. Seems like genetics still play a strong role though but not compared to environmental factors.

Haha, just realized that sociopathy is the same with anti-social personality disorder.

It's kinda scary coz sociopaths aren't afraid to lie and manipulate people and they have a very little empathy. Just my worst nightmare.

Anyway, do you study psychology stuffs to? It's kinda one of the awesomest science field. It really helps improve oneself and you can use it for self-defense.

Yup, their lack of empathy and views on manipulating people makes them interesting to me though. The fact they can do certain things without a second thought that most people can't even bring themselves to think about themselves doing is so fascinating to me. And no, what little I know regarding psychology I learned from just being curious. It's more of a loose hobby for me. I'm more interested in meteorology than psychology too so I don't know how many psychology courses I'll take/be able to take once I reach college.  

My inspirations have honestly been the people in books, history and anime. I didn't confide to anyone in my family nor do, I just obeyed because I was the youngest. I used to be a very dependent person but I didn't really depend on my family emotionally.

My parents are first generation immigrants so it's hard for them to empathize with problems we tend to have around here.

Communication between my parents and me is always an issue so the only people I'm able to confide in are my friends and sister.

Otherwise, I'm usually on my own. When that happens, I vent on a Word document and save it for future reference.

I also have that.. situation? predicament? ,,,thing? not quite sure what to call it but my family's not emotionally open either. Showing any emotion (especially strong emotion) never went over well and usually resulted in being told I was overreacting or throwing a tantrum. I don't think I confided in someone until 9th grade when my depression was at it's pique and one internet friend begged me to tell her. She got (and still occasionally gets) the brunt of my venting which while I feel very bad about I'm also incredibly grateful for. She's currently prepping for college though so if I have a bad day my only option is to write it down in what by definition is probably considered a diary though I just like to refer to it as the thing that keeps me sane when I need it to haha

Yup, their lack of empathy and views on manipulating people makes them interesting to me though. The fact they can do certain things without a second thought that most people can't even bring themselves to think about themselves doing is so fascinating to me. And no, what little I know regarding psychology I learned from just being curious. It's more of a loose hobby for me. I'm more interested in meteorology than psychology too so I don't know how many psychology courses I'll take/be able to take once I reach college.

I also have that.. situation? predicament? ,,,thing? not quite sure what to call it but my family's not emotionally open either. Showing any emotion (especially strong emotion) never went over well and usually resulted in being told I was overreacting or throwing a tantrum. I don't think I confided in someone until 9th grade when my depression was at it's pique and one internet friend begged me to tell her. She got (and still occasionally gets) the brunt of my venting which while I feel very bad about I'm also incredibly grateful for. She's currently prepping for college though so if I have a bad day my only option is to write it down in what by definition is probably considered a diary though I just like to refer to it as the thing that keeps me sane when I need it to haha

They are pretty interesting to study, yup.

Anyways, I didn't mean that you study psychology in a sense of formal education. I meant in more of researching stuffs over the net over that topic.

We are kinda same. My family isn't open to emotional topics. It just sounds cheesy when we talk about them so I really have a hard time telling them things. In the end, they know only few things about me compared to my friends.

I confide my problems with my friends either IRL or Online. It depends on the level of the problem, though, or on my judgement. Anyways, it's just around this recently that I was more open to telling my problems to the people around me... I dunno what on earth hit me.

Hmm... I may be guilty of this. My dad and I are known to share the personality trait of "Keep things to yourself". On the other hand, my mom and my brother are more emotional. I'm constantly annoyed with how they're overreacting. I've been told that I'm cold and that I'd rather live as a fake, but the thing is, I just find these outbursts selfish. They're your own reactions to things that many others have gone through, yet you insist on bringing it down on others. Why would you do that? There are plenty of people in the world who've gone through worse, and it's not like I can't sympathize; I just feel like... You're... Overreacting, for the lack of a better word. The physical, audible, reactions aren't needed to express your sadness.

Of course, my codes of conduct aren't right. I know that getting your feelings out and asking for support is a much better way to live by, and maybe my views are formed from personal experiences. However, I just can't stand it. (by the way, the "you" is a general term)

Psychological traits can be passed down generations through genes. That's why people with severe alcoholism tend to see this characteristic in their families. Their children may never have this problem, but it will most certainly increase their risk if they ever come into contact with alcoholic beverages.

Even if you aren't born as a child prodigy, experiences and influence can help counteract "nature."

Don't ignore nature though. A person's genetic makeup still has a lot to do with how he or she will turn out.

Yeah, I can't argue with you there. I know nature definitely plays a part, but it's the where, when, how, and how much that bugs me.

Warning, this might have been my longest post on DCW.

I could name a crap-ton of people from books, history, and anime who I look up to, but I wouldn't say that people this current decade brought us were entirely bad either.

Considering how I turned out compared to all the people around me, I would say my parents did a fine job. They still emotionally blackmail me now and then but it's inevitable.

I used to be a total shut-in before I made friends at DCW to be honest. I rarely vented and was slowly on the path to self-destruction but...in a way I had to get up myself again. And I finally made a few friends IRL after many years. :P

Genetics are a lottery. My parents aren't really science people and the part which aggravates me is they refuse to learn even when I offer. I tend to show more emotion than my elder siblings combined which led to me being considered abnormal. That's a horrible word to call any child when they are going to believe what their parents say without much judgement.

I really wish I could take psychology but the school refused to hire a teacher and the textbooks are too expensive to purchase on my own. :V And I can never study using the internet.

Hmm... I may be guilty of this. My dad and I are known to share the personality trait of "Keep things to yourself". On the other hand, my mom and my brother are more emotional. I'm constantly annoyed with how they're overreacting. I've been told that I'm cold and that I'd rather live as a fake, but the thing is, I just find these outbursts selfish. They're your own reactions to things that many others have gone through, yet you insist on bringing it down on others. Why would you do that? There are plenty of people in the world who've gone through worse, and it's not like I can't sympathize; I just feel like... You're... Overreacting, for the lack of a better word. The physical, audible, reactions aren't needed to express your sadness.

Of course, my codes of conduct aren't right. I know that getting your feelings out and asking for support is a much better way to live by, and maybe my views are formed from personal experiences. However, I just can't stand it. (by the way, the "you" is a general term)

I tend to have a similar feeling to this which causes me to be socially awkward lol. Somehow people find it fun to overreact. Some believe it their right to do so which is but don't start hurling insults at my inability to comprehend your actions. I know that there are people in great suffering out there, but if something is causing someone pain, it shouldn't really be downplayed. Worse would be say what the other person is feeling is nothing compared to what you have felt. That's like using your own suffering as an excuse to not only negate but cause hurt to someone. Patience is the key, instead of asking why someone is fussing just consider, why not?

*cough* I haven't posted like this in a while. I'm giving my opinions in a general tone, not really directly addressing anyone. Oh and also~

We are kinda same. My family isn't open to emotional topics. It just sounds cheesy when we talk about them so I really have a hard time telling them things. In the end, they know only few things about me compared to my friends.

I confide my problems with my friends either IRL or Online. It depends on the level of the problem, though, or on my judgement. Anyways, it's just around this recently that I was more open to telling my problems to the people around me... I dunno what on earth hit me.

My family is the same, though they tend to take a more "Boy's don't cry" approach which is why I don't say anything.

Also, I don't know what hit you but I'd gladly arrange for it to hit you again. And again. And maybe one more time just for the heck of it. :P

Warning, this might have been my longest post on DCW.

Considering how I turned out compared to all the people around me, I would say my parents did a fine job. They still emotionally blackmail me now and then but it's inevitable.

I used to be a total shut-in before I made friends at DCW to be honest. I rarely vented and was slowly on the path to self-destruction but...in a way I had to get up myself again. And I finally made a few friends IRL after many years. :P

Genetics are a lottery. My parents aren't really science people and the part which aggravates me is they refuse to learn even when I offer. I tend to show more emotion than my elder siblings combined which led to me being considered abnormal. That's a horrible word to call any child when they are going to believe what their parents say without much judgement.

I really wish I could take psychology but the school refused to hire a teacher and the textbooks are too expensive to purchase on my own. :V And I can never study using the internet.

I tend to have a similar feeling to this which causes me to be socially awkward lol. Somehow people find it fun to overreact. Some believe it their right to do so which is but don't start hurling insults at my inability to comprehend your actions. I know that there are people in great suffering out there, but if something is causing someone pain, it shouldn't really be downplayed. Worse would be say what the other person is feeling is nothing compared to what you have felt. That's like using your own suffering as an excuse to not only negate but cause hurt to someone. Patience is the key, instead of asking why someone is fussing just consider, why not?

*cough* I haven't posted like this in a while. I'm giving my opinions in a general tone, not really directly addressing anyone. Oh and also~

My family is the same, though they tend to take a more "Boy's don't cry" approach which is why I don't say anything.

Also, I don't know what hit you but I'd gladly arrange for it to hit you again. And again. And maybe one more time just for the heck of it. :P

My parents used to be really strict when I was going through my first years of elementary school. After that, they relaxed... A lot. My dad tells me that it's because he trusts us to grow up and shape ourselves, which is something I'm really proud of them for doing. I often see schoolmates break down from their parental pressures, only to realize I'm thankful for not having to go through that. 

I have a friend who, quite a few years back, was an introvert and looked down at the more outgoing, not-afraid-to-be-embarrassed people. Even I was in her look of disdain sometimes. However, as of right now, she's really loud and acts all crazy (in the friendly, hyper way). I asked her why (with an undertone of her being a hypocrite), and she said that it was because her mom changed. Apparently, she was brought up to be obedient, but as her mom opened up, she opened up as well. I guess that relates to the Nurture vs. Nature debate...?

I feel like I had to 'learn' how to make friends. I was one unsocial little kid back in preschool, now that I think about it. The most important factor was acknowledging that you wanted a friend, IMO.

It sucks because I don't know how to handle a situation like that. Everything you said is right, there's no doubt about it, but it really goes against my personality. Trust me, I tried to listen and be patient. The longer I sit there, the more annoyed I get.

My parents used to be really strict when I was going through my first years of elementary school. After that, they relaxed... A lot. My dad tells me that it's because he trusts us to grow up and shape ourselves, which is something I'm really proud of them for doing. I often see schoolmates break down from their parental pressures, only to realize I'm thankful for not having to go through that. 

I have a friend who, quite a few years back, was an introvert and looked down at the more outgoing, not-afraid-to-be-embarrassed people. Even I was in her look of disdain sometimes. However, as of right now, she's really loud and acts all crazy (in the friendly, hyper way). I asked her why (with an undertone of her being a hypocrite), and she said that it was because her mom changed. Apparently, she was brought up to be obedient, but as her mom opened up, she opened up as well. I guess that relates to the Nurture vs. Nature debate...?

I feel like I had to 'learn' how to make friends. I was one unsocial little kid back in preschool, now that I think about it. The most important factor was acknowledging that you wanted a friend, IMO.

It sucks because I don't know how to handle a situation like that. Everything you said is right, there's no doubt about it, but it really goes against my personality. Trust me, I tried to listen and be patient. The longer I sit there, the more annoyed I get.

Hmmm, I know a guy who's parents act pretty much like mine but he is really an outspoken fellow and is rude, goes against his parents' wishes by hanging in bad company and is caught up addictive habits and what's not. Then there's me who just takes everything lying down. If I ask why everyone is so harsh the answer is always "You're the youngest, it's your job to obey." Other times my siblings may express in uncertain terms they do it "for the lulz" (calling me down while I'm studying for exams just to clear away a single plate while they watch movies on laptops grrr). Parents play a huge roll, they are the ones who we as children want to please first and foremost, and then again what pleases one adult human being differs from the rest. One father might find it incredible that his child is so good at maths and another might give a whack to the child from straying from his book. Nurturing can significantly affect nature but we cannot disregard genes like Kenzi said.

I don't find being alone anything to worry about but I wouldn't reject someone's advances at forging a relationship with them. The only thing that got to me was being labled as lonely kid which in turn resulted in some people shunning me. No, that was more about me being myself i.e weird. There was a time people would chastise the kid being picked at for being weird about being weird haha. DCW is composed of some of the nicest people I've met which made me realize having friends is worth cutting in the time for manga/anime/books/fanfiction. :P

There's nothing wrong with getting annoyed, but be careful with your words if you're sure the person needs a dose of reality. :P

Hmmm, I know a guy who's parents act pretty much like mine but he is really an outspoken fellow and is rude, goes against his parents' wishes by hanging in bad company and is caught up addictive habits and what's not. Then there's me who just takes everything lying down. If I ask why everyone is so harsh the answer is always "You're the youngest, it's your job to obey." Other times my siblings may express in uncertain terms they do it "for the lulz" (calling me down while I'm studying for exams just to clear away a single plate while they watch movies on laptops grrr). Parents play a huge roll, they are the ones who we as children want to please first and foremost, and then again what pleases one adult human being differs from the rest. One father might find it incredible that his child is so good at maths and another might give a whack to the child from straying from his book. Nurturing can significantly affect nature but we cannot disregard genes like Kenzi said.

I don't find being alone anything to worry about but I wouldn't reject someone's advances at forging a relationship with them. The only thing that got to me was being labled as lonely kid which in turn resulted in some people shunning me. No, that was more about me being myself i.e weird. There was a time people would chastise the kid being picked at for being weird about being weird haha. DCW is composed of some of the nicest people I've met which made me realize having friends is worth cutting in the time for manga/anime/books/fanfiction. :P

There's nothing wrong with getting annoyed, but be careful with your words if you're sure the person needs a dose of reality. :P

Ah, the youngest being the scapegoat kind of thing? I have a little brother who I'm really close to, but he often dislikes me for being the "perfect" child (academically, anyway). I often go out of my way to join competitions, score high on tests, take advanced classes, or even speak a language better, and in turn, my parents expect my brother to follow that path as well. There's nothing wrong with that, IMO, but I guess he doesn't like it because he's always under the pressure of either meeting my standards or exceeding them. We often argue which is worse: Going forward with no clue of what's going on, or being constantly stressed to meet a certain bar?

Haha, I don't torture him in the "for the lulz" way since I'll get caught (and he's old enough to completely reject them anyway).

When I compare myself to my friends, it's eye-opening to see the differences in our lives. Some have parents who would take them out to dinner if they made the Honor Roll, and others are deprived of everything during the school week for studying. It's crazy.

Weird? Haha, that can have many meanings. A few years back, the entire grade would take being called "weird" as a compliment. For me, I just didn't know how to adjust to being in America I guess (and interacting with Americans). Now with that barrier gone (thanks to a little bridging), I'm not afraid to approach people and act friendly. Wow, I guess I never realized just how significant DCW is to some people. You practically grew up here, didn't you? :P

Gah... Words... I think it's my body language and expression that's the problem though.

To be more on topic, who wants to do some research on Schrodinger's Cat? AL's signature is quantum physics put into a meme.

1280px-Schrodingers_cat.svg.png

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is represented by a wave function that simultaneously includes alive and dead possibilities. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat eitheralive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

Taken off Wikipedia, so... Hehe.

Pretty much exactly how my parents treat me. I guess it's a bit understandable since they never really did experience issues that we encounter today, but it's still extremely frustrating when they don't even bother trying to sympathize. Writing all my frustrations down really helps clear out my mind. Instead of taking my anger out on people (aka my friends, haha), I feel it's much more effective just to leave my thoughts on paper.

Your parents emotionally blackmail you? And it's inevitable? I feel like I'm missing a few details here because I don't see what they're trying to accomplish by doing that. It's good that you've managed to find a few friends around here. The DCW community is definitely my go-to place whenever I need to clear my mind and get away from things. I like to think of it as a short vacation.

Hrmm, your parents seem a bit stubborn. My mom is usually willing to discuss some of this stuff as long as it relates to her field. I rarely talk to my dad about anything nowadays since I really have no effective way of communicating with him. I can't even ask him for homework help because of the different language jargon. Calling someone abnormal is a very blunt insult. I used to take everything my parents said to heart so if they went as far as to calling me abnormal (and not in a joking manner), I would have accepted it without a second thought. Honestly, that's a bit cruel of them.

Yeah, I can't argue with you there. I know nature definitely plays a part, but it's the where, when, how, and how much that bugs me.

Where: Not sure what "where" is supposed to mean, but if you're referring the impacts it has on human life or the human body in general, it very well affects a good chunk of both. Err, actually, scratch that. I think you're trying dive into loci. Or it could be that I'm overthinking your question. I think the simplest answer to this is that it occurs on chromosomes.

When: Your genetics follows you before you're out of your mothers womb till the day you die. The onset of Parkinson's disease can an example of your genes affecting you in your later years. The latter is a bit easier to explain; take gender, for example.

How: "when a man and woman love each other very much..." Typically, your chromosomes can undergo genetic recombination/crossing-over, nondisjunction, other mutations (translocation), etc., all of which are determined out of our control.

tl;dr 

It's basically all because of genetics.

To be more on topic, who wants to do some research on Schrodinger's Cat? AL's signature is quantum physics put into a meme.

Ahahaha, my friends and I always use Schrodinger's Cat to joke about our grades.

here's a picture that overgeneralizes everything about his experiment

Schrodingers-Cat-Wanted-Dead-And-Or-Aliv

Where: Not sure what "where" is supposed to mean, but if you're referring the impacts it has on human life or the human body in general, it very well affects a good chunk of both. Err, actually, scratch that. I think you're trying dive into loci. Or it could be that I'm overthinking your question. I think the simplest answer to this is that it occurs on chromosomes.

When: Your genetics follows you before you're out of your mothers womb till the day you die. The onset of Parkinson's disease can an example of your genes affecting you in your later years. The latter is a bit easier to explain; take gender, for example.

How: "when a man and woman love each other very much..." Typically, your chromosomes can undergo genetic recombination/crossing-over, nondisjunction, other mutations (translocation), etc., all of which are determined out of our control.

tl;dr 

It's basically all because of genetics.

Ahahaha, my friends and I always use Schrodinger's Cat to joke about our grades.

here's a picture that overgeneralizes everything about his experiment

Schrodingers-Cat-Wanted-Dead-And-Or-Aliv

I was referring to just how prominent it is over nurture. Maybe it lessens in some areas (like the ability to adapt) while it can play a big role in things like how you carry yourself (slouch? big steps?). I know that "nature" is mostly about genetics, especially chromosomes, but how does it affect you as a human? Would I be able to tell if someone's xxxx trait/habit is from nature or nurture?

Haha, of course you have a good meme xD

I didn't really get the scenario though. Or for that matter, the basic quantum physics that went into it (oxymoron much?).

About the less on-topic discussion, what was the context for 'abnormal'?

Schrodinger's Cat is about uncertainty of the state of things unless there's an observer to observe it, as I understood it.

Example of it is, "Unless I open the fridge, it can have food inside it or none".

It has also a connection with this thing, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?".

This topic pretty much pervades both Philosophy and Science.

Schrodinger's Cat is about uncertainty of the state of things unless there's an observer to observe it, as I understood it.

Example of it is, "Unless I open the fridge, it can have food inside it or none".

It has also a connection with this thing, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?".

This topic pretty much pervades both Philosophy and Science.

Then what was the thing about radioactivity?

Then what was the thing about radioactivity?

ah. that. It was his experiment to his cat. :V He put the cat in a box with some radioactive thingy that could either kill the cat or not, in time.

Now, the outcome is uncertain. Unless he observes it.

ah. that. It was his experiment to his cat. :V He put the cat in a box with some radioactive thingy that could either kill the cat or not, in time.

Now, the outcome is uncertain. Unless he observes it.

Something about the quantum waves...?

Something about the quantum waves...?

eh? :P I dunno. I have no idea what quantum waves are. Or, you might be talking about wave-particle duality? If that, they aint connected.

Honestly, the only thing I know is that. Nothing more.

I still pretty much dont understand Schrodinger's experiment completely... I dunno if it only applies to quantum level or macro ones.

anyways,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/google-doodle/10237347/Schrodingers-Cat-explained.html