Detective Conan World
fakeplastictantei

Which movie should be canon?

Theoretically, KID knows Conan's identity after "Ryoma Gunbelt"... so with all the other goofed elements of the timeline, it's more a matter of whether he actually knew before that, and then M3 would be okay

I agree with Parkur on this one. Movie 13 would actually fit into the storyline more or less seamlessly, as no secrets are revealed to the BO and Irish dies in the end.

It would also be awesome if Movie 1 was canon!

I'm usually glad they aren't. But if I really had to pick one, I think it would be the second one since it could be canon without messing up the story completely.

This would be my choice. The first one doesn't hurt canon either, since Gosho has written ShinRan moments like that into the manga numerous times before.

I have three movies I'd like to see become canon:

1. M-4: Great movie with great mystery (shocking culprit, in my opinion). It wasn't all that unrealistic (as long as you ignore that crazy Tropical Land scene with the skateboard), and it had a nice ShinRan touch at the end that would be great if it were canon.

2. M-13: A big fan of Irish. Love the way he looked and acted (so much cooler than any of the canon BO members, except for Gin). The whole mystery was interesting if they elaborated more, and the action was unrealistic, but other than that, it would be nice.

3. M-1: Basic plot, basic bad guy, basic mystery, but a nice ShinRan scene at the end. It wouldn't be too unrealistic at all for canon DC. Just an overall safe choice for a canon movie. Nothing much else to say about it.

Movie 13 would be nice to see canon. Yeah, it's a little flawed, but it's probably the best choice. Irish dies in the end, so him finding out Conan's identity isn't a problem. Probably the biggest problem with this movie becoming cannon is how unlikely the BO would take a military helicopter and shoot up Touto Tower :P .

Movie 13 would be nice to see canon. Yeah, it's a little flawed, but it's probably the best choice. Irish dies in the end, so him finding out Conan's identity isn't a problem. Probably the biggest problem with this movie becoming cannon is how unlikely the BO would take a military helicopter and shoot up Touto Tower :P .

I really was sure when that happened that the whole nation would've declared a state of emergency. Or something like that. But no...that messes up the plot. :V

None...

Movie 1 and 2 would probably hurt the overall manga canon the least, and Gosho did integrate Shiratori into the manga canon from M1 (so that would probably be the best choice). However, almost every movie makes Conan/Shinichi too perfect (the running gag of "I learned it in Hawaii"). I can believe Shinichi knowing how to fire a gun, but not with the level of accuracy in M2. M3 would have had Conan die due to the bullet proof glass glasses (impossible) and Kid finding out his identity. Same with M4 and boating, with the inclusion of the possibility of another kink in Shinichi's story due to that ShinRan scene towards the end. She can be dumb, but surely she would have realized that Conan was out of earshot of her mother's story and thus that scene wouldn't have worked. M5, though my favorite movie plays the BO is a less than ideal manner for the manga canon. Gin is not so careless as to take aim unless he is 100% certain of his target and was sure he could make it a perfect crime, and shooting Sonoko would be bad... Killing the daughter of a major corporation does not work. M6 was just... so very unlike DC... Having that included would be horrid to manga canon. M7 adds to the HeiKazu story that doesn't entirely work, and same with ShinRan for that matter. In terms of abilities Shinichi was downplayed in lieu of Heiji, so that isn't an issue so much as the relationships. M8 is worse than M3 for Kid, cementing the fact that Kid knows Conan's identity, and it also puts him OOC, because not only would he NOT disguise as someone whom he couldn't mimic 100%, but he wouldn't put himself next to someone who could see through it in an instant (same issue with M14 in terms of Ran/Shinichi/Kid interaction). M9 has its issues with the Kogorou/Eri story. It would be nice having Kogorou successful, but not at the cost of the destruction to manga. There is probably more but I can barely remember any specifics. M10, no...just... no. Don't know why it is popular, but it doesn't work on multiple levels, including the scheme to make all of those detectives in on the overall scheme. M11... another... just...no. That was the anime teams idea of writing Conan as Indiana Jones, with Ran and Sonoko being pirates for...some...reason... M12 is another where parts would work, but overall it messes with character ability and tries to make them too perfect. Conan is confirmed to have perfect pitch, but he cannot hold a note. So that movie doesn't work there. I'm sure there is more again, but haven't seen the movie in a while to determine with any certainty. M13... sure Irish is awesome, he would make a great BO member, but he seems too much like Bourbon at this point (ironic that they are both whiskeys). It also had severe issues with BO being OOC. Destroying major property in a big way that would illicit military intervention? Ha that is a good one. M14 is just horrible on several levels. I don't want to get into it. M15 has more inclusion of things that wouldn't fully work within manga canon including Shinichi's abilities, and some inherent physics conundrums that the movies have been so very known for.

• Upvote 4

I can believe Shinichi knowing how to fire a gun, but not with the level of accuracy in M2.

Well, he does shoot a gun in the bus case (manga version only). Why they changed that when they showed Haibara shooting a gun 100 episodes earlier is beyond me.

Well, he does shoot a gun in the bus case (manga version only). Why they changed that when they showed Haibara shooting a gun 100 episodes earlier is beyond me.

Right, but in M2 you needed to be an expert marksman to make that shot, which Shinichi is not. It takes a lot of practice to be able to make that kind of shot and only graze the target. They made it believable for Kogorou, but not Shinichi, even in manga canon where it is shown that he knows how to fire a gun. Marksmanship and knowing how to fire are totally different.

Wait! Is movie 1 canon? O_o I read an article that it was suppose to be MK's ending...(am I correct? I read it several years ago so I dunno if I'm right...or left...)

so May 4 is an immaginary birthday of Shinichi 8-)

Wait! Is movie 1 canon? O_o I read an article that it was suppose to be MK's ending...(am I correct? I read it several years ago so I dunno if I'm right...or left...)

so May 4 is an immaginary birthday of Shinichi 8-)

No... No movies are canon, ever, which is the point of this thread. However, Shiratori was an original character for M1, and was later integrated into manga canon by Gosho.

No... No movies are canon, ever, which is the point of this thread. However, Shiratori was an original character for M1, and was later integrated into manga canon by Gosho.

does Gosho explicitly say that? couldn’t it be that if you asked him about some movies, he’d reply “it’s ok to think they’re canon” even if it wasn’t he himself who made them?

the fact he put a movie character into canon is a hint to that…

does Gosho explicitly say that? couldn’t it be that if you asked him about some movies, he’d reply “it’s ok to think they’re canon” even if it wasn’t he himself who made them?

the fact he put a movie character into canon is a hint to that…

If movies were canon, it'd mean that Kaitou KID is aware of Conan's identity, Ran has confessed multiple times, Conan has done every single suspicious action that is possible for even the dullest of people to suspect him, Conan is able to defy gravity and nature (which, IMO, somewhat defeats the purpose of DC being a "mystery" anime, though we can't exactly say it was realistic to start with), Tokyo is going to go into a frenzy over what happened at Touto Tower, the BO will likely be investigated for the case (risking their anonymity), Gin would start digging deep into what happened at Touto Tower (I mean, c'mon. We could all tell from the scope that it was a kid who was climbing up those stairs, wouldn't Gin be able to as well?), Conan's name would be amazingly famous (which in itself would cause suspicion and in-depth research by the BO), Conan would be involved in some stupid pirate plot with Ran and Sonoko that never made sense in the first place and was just overall stupid, and it would be nearly impossible to make it even somewhat make sense. It would throw the entire plot off balance.

While Gosho did put Shiratori into the canon, it's not necessarily a hint to the fact that movies would be canon. It's basically saying, "Someone came up with an interesting character that I can use, so why not?"

If you think about it, if the movies were canon, we'd have a really messed up world of DC. And at least some of us would probably have stopped reading.

...And I just got a plunnie. Perfect timing.

• Upvote 1