Detective Conan World
Maurice

Post your top 5 Mangas (and why)!

my top favourite mangas are:

detective conan my favourite because i love mysterys and the stuff with the black org.

magic kaito is soooooooooooooo cute and i also love gentalman thief

naruto because i love when they are fighting and i love ninja tecnique.

onepice because i love pirates

but the best of them is detective conan total cooooool.

post-14666-0-87121600-1338199457_thumb.j

post-14666-0-99998300-1338199475_thumb.j

post-14666-0-05273600-1338199476_thumb.j

post-14666-0-55479800-1338199509_thumb.j

post-14666-0-89947700-1338199519_thumb.j

post-14666-0-84612100-1338199857_thumb.j

post-14666-0-91468500-1338199866_thumb.j

post-14666-0-65134400-1338199883_thumb.j

post-14666-0-45560900-1338199899_thumb.j

post-14666-0-14071500-1338199931_thumb.j

post-14666-0-71548300-1338199947_thumb.j

post-14666-0-20525600-1338199968_thumb.j

post-14666-0-61044400-1338199993_thumb.j

post-14666-0-93852900-1338200009_thumb.j

Tantei Gakuen Q (love it, love the anime, the live drama is my favorite ever!!!)

Detective Conan (it's that awesome)

~One Piece (pirates ftw)

~Library Wars (AMAZINGNESS)

Chrono Crusade (demons... need i say more?)

You should read Tantei Gakuen Q. Or better yet, watch its drama~ ...

Other than that one, I'd recommend One Piece and Fairytail, which are popular, Claymore, which is awesome, and Ranma 1/2, which is goofy and full of action.

Other than that one, I'd recommend One Piece and Fairytail, which are popular, Claymore, which is awesome, and Ranma 1/2, which is goofy and full of action.

Alright.

1. Detective Conan (I like Gosho's research on this story)

2. Nodame Cantabile (I like how the relationsip between both of the main characters developed)

3. Hunter X Hunter (Simply awesome characters)

.. cant find the others. I just forget what else I have read :mrgreen:

I LOVE RANMA 1/2!!!

Well....hard to pick between my fave mangas~

I'll think about it...

But..here are some....

1. Pandora Hearts - PLAIN AWESOMENESS.

2. Detective Conan

3. Fate/Stay Night

4. Billion Girl(heavy romance, I warn you)

5. GAKUEN ALICE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm too lazy to type up their description~

• Upvote 1

Post your top 5 mangas (and why)?! :

(I don't really read DC. I watch it so... its not in the list :V)

Current list not in any order:

1: 3x3Eyes (I may be biased since I just finished reading this.)

Summary (If you want to read wiki summary, please proceed there. This is my own summary.):

Our main guy character's normal life took a turn when he met a strange girl in strange clothing. She passed him a letter written by his father, telling him to make her human. At first, he couldn't be bothered as he did not believe in demons. But when a bird demon appeared and attacked, he was fatally wounded. Before he loses his final breath however, the girl released her power and took in his soul, turning him into an undead, saving his life in the process. Thus, using some clues given by his father, he and the girl started the search for the item that can turn her into human.

Why I liked it:

Story was smooth. Abrupt but suspenseful ending for every arc. Romance was good. Totally not forced. Introduces some Hindu mythologies and religion. Main character is human.

Even though he is an undead, he don't have any other powers (at first) - he can't fly, can't use super human strength, can't run at the speed of light, can't use kamekameha...etc. He just can't die.

Character development was good. Quite a lot of characters, but each one of them will be remembered.

2: Naruto:

Summary: Do you even need a summary? :V

Reason:

Creative - so many variety of attacks, fighting styles and types. The characters pull me in. "Hard work can triumph talent" concept. Character development is good. So many characters, but still easily remembered (and felt for). The bad may not necessarily be evil - I've always liked this kind of concept. Tons of different explanations for 'justice' which made it interesting... and the list goes on.

3: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Summary:

One day, an infant appeared in our main character's house claiming to be a tutor. (Which is true!) In fact he is actually a very skilled hitman who came on request by the 9th boss of the almighty Vongola mafia to train the kid into the next boss - Vongola 10th. He is weak and easily gives up to any challenge. However, there is many things and people that he needs to protect. For that purpose, he has to get stronger!

Reason: I LOVE THE CHARACTERS! Bad or good. <3 all

Villains and Heroes are all so loveable, even though the villains are so badass.

Hilarious. There is a good mix of funny scenes, serious scenes, and superb action scenes. Very cool. Should read this.

4: One Piece

Summary: Do you even need one? :V

Reason: Wonderful characters. A very good mix of emotional scenes, action scenes, comedy, seriousness, ridiculousness, etc etc etc. One of the best manga. :D <3 Chopper~~~ <333333

5: ...

(I have difficulty putting one here. So I'll just leave it blank)

However, I shall list some of the ones I'm considering.

- Inuyasha (I liked the chemistry between a human and a non-human. I loved non-cheesy kind of love. And I always loved adventures. Perhaps that's why. :V)

- Pandora Hearts (The twist was... omg... I hadn't expected such a huge one. Addicted.)

- Battle Royale (Intense. Horribly.)

- HunterXHunter (Biased for this. Hated that it went on Hiatus. Otherwise I think this is great.)

- Liar Game. (Interesting. Addictive. But too slow. Lost the suspense after such a slow release.)

- Kamisama no iutoori (Fujimura ...) - Death. Lots of death. People get killed in children games. Strategy. However, its still too short. I'll see how it goes... :V

1. Monster: A true masterpiece, read it four times and still enjoying it.

2. Detective Conan: Need I explain?

3. Death Note

4. 20th Century Boys

5. Another: Great plot. I personally liked the anime better than the manga though.

1. DETECTIVE CONAN - I dunno really, it just never fails to amaze me blink.gif

2-5 (In no particular order)

Ouran High School Host Club - cool heroine. Very heartwarming

Special A - very funny scenes, I specially love tadashi XD

Iris Zero - cool plot! Awesome main character.

Liar Game - awesome mysteries, cool deductions

1. Detective Conan (It will always and forever be my favorite. It's just too awesome.)

The rest are all jumbled up.

1 One Piece

2 Hunter X Hunter (If only Togashi stops from being... then it might switch places with One Piece)
3 Detective Conan
4 Skip Beat <3
5 FY Genbu Kaiden (Although I dropped it years ago.)

Updated List:

1 One Piece 

1 Slam Dunk - (Two on the top spot, yes) *must put REAL here as well.

2 Death Note - because Obata-Ohba tandem is a good one. In that case, Bakuman places here too. It is not as great as Death Note but it is very informative to those who are interested in the Manga especially to Shonen Jump Fans.

3 Hunter X Hunter - Ahh~I guess it is time to give up. HxH ending has an open ending.

4 Detective Conan - But who knows it might go up because I'm starting to pick up again.

5 Rurouni Kenshin - kyaaa<3~ Kenshin-sama!! 

Honorable Mention:

~Skip Beat

~Fushigi Yuugi

Edited by arashi0556

1.Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (wasn't expecting much, but this manga made me admit loving mystery. It isn't a normal mystery though and the style is very unique)

2. Petshop of Horrors

3. D.Gray-man

4. Katekyo Hitman Reborn

5. Inuyasha

1. Skip Beat

2. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

3. Hori Miya

4. Detective Conan

5. All other romantic comedy with all their spices. drama can be added but not too much

my favorite genre is romantic-comedy, more to com than rom. all my favorite mangas are funny, except horimiya that was more to slice of life. i have read many mangas since i was a kid so it's hard to remember one by one. the list is the one that i'm in to it now.

why: because they are hilarious! i wait in agony for new chapters release. TT^TT

i drop naruto, bleach, fairy tail and one piece. will catch them later.

notable:

-liar game

-ghost hunt

-inuyasha

-alice academy

-fruit basket

-kainushi wa akuma

-oresama teacher

-perfect girl evolution

-T.R.A.P.

-alice in borderland

-takkoku

-samurai deeper kyo

-flame of recca

-silver spoon

-many more.

1. Berserk: And I think there is no need to explain this one, because it is one of the best, if not the best manga ever, if you haven't read it, READ IT NOW, whatever your doing, just stop it and go read it, it's seriously a masterpiece imo.

2. Hunter X Hunter: It's Togashi, nuff said. It is my favorite anime, but the manga is not as good.

3. Detective Conan: Grew up with it, it also is very entertaining. It has Akai as well.

4. Monster: Great mystery, complicated plot and characters, would be number 3 if it wasn't for the ending.

5. Yu Yu Hakusho: Again, Togashi.