Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Well, I've been browsing about DC and accidentally found this, but I am not so sure if this has any relevancy or something. I just find it bothers me.

I can recall there is a speculation about the name Okiya Subaru being taken from the name Casval (ki ya su ba ru) from Gundam. And I just read this: "According to the English-language Case Closed Volume 1: The Secret Life of Jimmy Kudo, Gin's real name is "Kaspar" and Vodka's real name is "Melkior". In the English manga, these are explained as specific brands of the relevant drinks." (source)

About Gin's real name being Kaspar, it sounds even much more similar to Casval if compared to Okiya Subaru. Well, I find it bothers me but I am not so sure though..

The writer of the series, Gosho Aoyama, had nothing to do with the English language anime team who decided to change Gin and Vodka's names into Kaspar and Melkior (presumably to make them sound more cool/evil to American audiences). The English names are non-canon. (The definition of canon is the work that is considered official - for Detective Conan it is only the manga written by Gosho). Anything that comes from non-canon sources, like English adaptations of the anime, is irrelevant because they can't validly be used as clues: Gosho doesn't pay attention to changes made by the English anime team when writing his storylines.

Edit scooped by Black Demon... by at least an hour. :P

That said, Gosho is a big fan of the Gundam series and based the character Akai Shuuichi off of the main antagonist, Char Aznable, of the original Gundam series. On his personal website he has a little picture of Akai as half of Char Aznable. Naming Okiya Subaru after Char Aznable was intended to be a cute hint for readers who pay attention to Gosho's thematic naming - other characters related to Akai like Andre Camel, Sera Masumi, and Amuro Tohru are also named after Gundam characters.

Akai.gif

The writer of the series, Gosho Aoyama, had nothing to do with the English language anime team who decided to change Gin and Vodka's names into Kaspar and Melkior (presumably to make them sound more cool/evil to American audiences). The English names are non-canon. (The definition of canon is the work that is considered official - for Detective Conan it is only the manga written by Gosho). Anything that comes from non-canon sources, like English adaptations of the anime, is irrelevant because they can't validly be used as clues: Gosho doesn't pay attention to changes made by the English anime team when writing his storylines.

Edit scooped by Black Demon... by at least an hour. :P

That said, Gosho is a big fan of the Gundam series and based the character Akai Shuuichi off of the main antagonist, Char Aznable, of the original Gundam series. On his personal website he has a little picture of Akai as half of Char Aznable. Naming Okiya Subaru after Char Aznable was intended to be a cute hint for readers who pay attention to Gosho's thematic naming - other characters related to Akai like Andre Camel, Sera Masumi, and Amuro Tohru are also named after Gundam characters.

Akai.gif

Oh, I see~ well, can't wait for another black org-related case :) I'm rotting here~

I've always been curious about this: Was there any murder case where Ran didn't scream when she saw the corpse ?

Yes, there was a case in the last three years. I remember people joking about how Ran was a fake. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Second Guess! The Kappa case V69-1 (719). Ran didn't scream when they found the drowned guy in the attic.

Question:

Did conan and Agasa know that the BO would be on the train before they entered it???

D:

:S

825 pg 2 says "Well, we were still fifty-fifty about whether the Organization was actually on board or not."

825 pg 2 says "Well, we were still fifty-fifty about whether the Organization was actually on board or not."

Hm ok ^^

Next question:

In which chapter is Kogoro escaping from the Detective Boys? I don't remember it ^^

Are Viz media still translating the manga? Or is some other company planning to do (I mean actually getting published?)... I considered this because on Case Closed vol. 44+ (after Viz Media stopped I think)on Amazon it says "this title has not yet being released".

Here's an example.

Hello guys.

I have 2 questions:

There was an episode which Ran and her friend (i don't remember) went to Shinichi's house to clean up. Do u guys remember which episode was this ? I know only that is before the arc of haibara, in other words, before episode 129.

Also, in the episode 129, the lady using a large hat and wearing all black which had interest in the pictures of Toshiya's brother is shiho ??

There was an episode which Ran and her friend (i don't remember) went to Shinichi's house to clean up. Do u guys remember which episode was this ?

The Memories of First Love Case?

It's pretty ironic because that case is the last one before Haibara appears in the manga, but they are 28 episodes apart in the anime, pretty much a whole season.

I know only that is before the arc of haibara, in other words, before episode 129.

Also, in the episode 129, the lady using a large hat and wearing all black which had interest in the pictures of Toshiya's brother is shiho ??

No, that woman was the leader of a criminal money forging gang called Silver Fox. She is apparently not anyone important because she has never appeared again.

A question:

I have recently been told by another Conan fan that Kiichiro Numabuchi was going to be executed according to the manga after being captured in the episode about the fireflies and Mitsuhiko's disappearance. If I remember correctly, in the manga it was just said "he wanted to see that place again before dying". So I have a question: do you think that actually means he was going to be executed or were they just referring to his natural death behind bars? Because it seems really weird to me that they would sentence to death somebody convicted for crimes committed while being insane (they said Numabuchi was convicted for killing people who he thought were members of the black organization sent to kill him, after having gone crazy).

A Question and review about movie 16 (kinda late)

The storyline was exceptional and amazing. I love the mystery twists and plots being distorted to result in a thrilling feeling!. And I like the pro player's cameos (especially when conan meets king kazu, never thought that was relevant to the mystery) and stuff, and where all happenings and every scene are all related to the mystery! Job well done Gosho!

I have question here:
1. shouldnt there been 20 strikers? since each match has two strikers, one for each team? then, should it be Tokyo's Hide be the star instead of Osaka's Sanada? can someone enlighten me more? Hahaha :D

2. what happened to the guy journalist and the girl photographer?

A question:

I have recently been told by another Conan fan that Kiichiro Numabuchi was going to be executed according to the manga after being captured in the episode about the fireflies and Mitsuhiko's disappearance. If I remember correctly, in the manga it was just said "he wanted to see that place again before dying". So I have a question: do you think that actually means he was going to be executed or were they just referring to his natural death behind bars? Because it seems really weird to me that they would sentence to death somebody convicted for crimes committed while being insane (they said Numabuchi was convicted for killing people who he thought were members of the black organization sent to kill him, after having gone crazy).

His wiki page explains that Shiho was ordered to test APTX 4869 on him, but he escaped before she could. The Black Org was never shown targeting him after that, maybe because he was very low rank and considered useless.

A question:

His wiki page explains that Shiho was ordered to test APTX 4869 on him, but he escaped before she could. The Black Org was never shown targeting him after that, maybe because he was very low rank and considered useless.
I think what he/she meant was that whether he was gonna be executed by the authorities (for killing people), not by the Org.

I think what he/she meant was that whether he was gonna be executed by the authorities (for killing people), not by the Org.

Yes, but the question is: why did the authorities give a death sentence to somebody who was insane while committing crimes? I mean, if I remember correctly, Numabuchi has gone crazy and killed people because he thought they were the Organization members who were going to kill him.

I have a question, if Kir wasn't captured by the FBI during the Black Impact special. She wouldn't have been suspected by the BO as a spy. Therefore, the entire process of regaining Anokata's trust is unnecessary, and Akai didn't need to fake his death.

So is Akai's 'death' indirectly FBI's fault?

I have a question, if Kir wasn't captured by the FBI during the Black Impact special. She wouldn't have been suspected by the BO as a spy. Therefore, the entire process of regaining Anokata's trust is unnecessary, and Akai didn't need to fake his death.

So is Akai's 'death' indirectly FBI's fault?

It's actually indirectly Conan's fault. It is true that the FBI capturing Kir during Black Impact precipitated the events during Red vs Black. However, the reason why the FBI went after Kir is because they mistook her for Vermouth, their intended target. The reason why the FBI thought Kir was Vermouth was because Conan didn't notice Kir changed clothes and left them in Gin's car. He thought that she would still have the tracker on her, so the person on the motorcycle far away from the tracker's location must be Vermouth. This was not necessarily a wise assumption, but the FBI listened to Conan anyway. Naturally none of FBI vs Org would have happened if Conan didn't get a tracker stuck on Kir's shoe in the first place.

I got a question, in chapter 817 http://www.mangahere.com/manga/detective_conan/v74/c817/13.html Burbon asking them how they deal with their passwords, Ran wasn't that specific, but Kogoro was very specific and said 5563, why would he tell a password of his PC which contains files of cases. personal files, to a stranger? isn't that a bit suspicious? also because of that Burbon knew that Sherry will be on the train http://www.mangahere.com/manga/detective_conan/v74/c817/14.html

I got a question, in chapter 817 http://www.mangahere.com/manga/detective_conan/v74/c817/13.html Burbon asking them how they deal with their passwords, Ran wasn't that specific, but Kogoro was very specific and said 5563, why would he tell a password of his PC which contains files of cases. personal files, to a stranger? isn't that a bit suspicious? also because of that Burbon knew that Sherry will be on the train http://www.mangahere.com/manga/detective_conan/v74/c817/14.html

I thought this was strange. I don't think that Kogoro is so naive that he will give his PC password to anyone, even his apprentice. Maybe it was only for the progress of the plot? Or did Kogoro have something in mind?

I thought this was strange. I don't think that Kogoro is so naive that he will give his PC password to anyone, even his apprentice. Maybe it was only for the progress of the plot? Or did Kogoro have something in mind?

Maybe he knew something and helping the BO, I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of them.

I don't think he's one of the BO, the boss gave Gin permission to assassinate Kogoro when they discovered the transmitter on Kir's shoe. I don't think it makes sense to assassinate their own man. 

My guess is that, if there is any thing behind Kogoro's act and that it's not just a way of progressing the plot, maybe Kogoro was aware that Amuro is already a good detective and is being his apprentice to spy on him and his family (or maybe that he's a BO member) and gave him his password on purpose to see if Amuro will secretly log into his PC. If he wasn't aware that Mitsuhiko has sent him an email with a Picture of adult Haibara, Kogoro won't see a real danger in giving his password to a suspicious person.

I don't think he's one of the BO, the boss gave Gin permission to assassinate Kogoro when they discovered the transmitter on Kir's shoe. I don't think it makes sense to assassinate their own man. 

My guess is that, if there is any thing behind Kogoro's act and that it's not just a way of progressing the plot, maybe Kogoro was aware that Amuro is already a good detective and is being his apprentice to spy on him and his family (or maybe that he's a BO member) and gave him his password on purpose to see if Amuro will secretly log into his PC. If he wasn't aware that Mitsuhiko has sent him an email with a Picture of adult Haibara, Kogoro won't see a real danger in giving his password to a suspicious person.

Maybe Gin doesn't know that he is one of them, also maybe the Boss knew that Akai will appear in any moment?

Maybe Gin doesn't know that he is one of them, also maybe the Boss knew that Akai will appear in any moment?

As far as we know, nobody knew that the FBI were involved in Kir case except for Vermouth, who saw Jodie and Conan in Haido park where the assassination was supposed to take place. Given the fact that Vermouth,usually hides Conan-related information from the boss, she wouldn't have reported to the boss that the FBI are involved. Plus, even if the boss knew that Akai might show up, He/she would have planned some way to kill Akai since he/she believes that he is the silver bullet. Waiting for his/her own enemy, Akai, to save their guy, Kogoro, that the boss gave permission to kill.and put his highly ranked agents in a dangerous situation, doesn't make much sense in my opinion.