Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

In episode 213: Mushrooms, Bears, and the Detective Boys, when Mitsuhiko is done bandaging Haibara's foot and then explains how Conan taught him how to do it, what is the tune/song that is playing when Haibara replies? When she says "At this moment, you're my outstanding rescuer. Thanks for your help." It is then heard for the rest of the scene.

I apologize if it's a very vague question, I was merely curious as the tune seems familiar, but it's altogether very lovely.

In episode 213: Mushrooms, Bears, and the Detective Boys, when Mitsuhiko is done bandaging Haibara's foot and then explains how Conan taught him how to do it, what is the tune/song that is playing when Haibara replies? When she says "At this moment, you're my outstanding rescuer. Thanks for your help." It is then heard for the rest of the scene.

I apologize if it's a very vague question, I was merely curious as the tune seems familiar, but it's altogether very lovely.

Hmmm...that would be "Osenchi na Ayumi" or "Sentimental Ayumi". :)

http://i.imgur.com/ZMI3F.jpg

how are Sera and Okiya listening in on the BO’s conversation? D:

Ah... no. The purpose of that scene is to show that one of them is Bourbon (it's clearer in the manga version), so only one of the three answers Vermouth's call. It's still a mystery who called the other two, and the fact they all received phone calls at approximately the same time is mere coincidence. There's a possibility that one (or both) of them bugged Amuro's phone but I don't think that's likely.

oh, really? O_o

edit: but who would be calling Okiya…? :S

-----

so, I’ve finally started reading the manga…

Chapter 812 page 1 bottom right panel with Yuusaku

“because this isn’t a murder”

but then clearly stating it is

"That the murderer who left this death character here will never, ever reappear" Chapter 812 page 16 upper right panel with Yuusaku

was that an error of the translators or what?

edit: reading further, the whole case is confusing…

Mod Edit - no links to manga reading sites please

edit: but who would be calling Okiya…? :S

See chapter 812 for hints

so, I’ve finally started reading the manga…

Chapter 812 page 1 bottom right panel with Yuusaku

“because this isn’t a murder”

but then clearly stating it is

"That the murderer who left this death character here will never, ever reappear" Chapter 812 page 16 upper right panel with Yuusaku

was that an error of the translators or what?

edit: reading further, the whole case is confusing…

Mod Edit - no links to manga reading sites please

It wasn't a translation error I am pretty sure, but you should assume Yuusaku's opinion is that it wasn't a murder unless you disagree with him because he messed up his deduction, is protecting the culprit, etc.

Hmmm...that would be "Osenchi na Ayumi" or "Sentimental Ayumi". :)

*Chuckles* Thank you^^ A bit interesting that "Sentimental Ayumi" played during a Mitsuhiko/Ai moment. But thank you so much for letting me know~

*Chuckles* Thank you^^ A bit interesting that "Sentimental Ayumi" played during a Mitsuhiko/Ai moment. But thank you so much for letting me know~

You're welcome. :)

And get used to it. :P

Um, can someone tell me what episode of DC which have the 'goriest' death.

I'm not sure since I rarely watch the anime, but I can give you some recommendations:

The Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case is probably the most famous case for decapitation. The culprit chopped off other parts of her body too.

The Art Museum Owner Murder Case looks kind of bloody, and they didn't censor it.

I remember the Alpine Hut in the Snowy Mountain Murder Case has a very painful death.

Recently there was this guy that got shot through his mouth, too bad the anime staff censored it so it didn't look that bloody: Detectives' Nocturne

I'm not sure since I rarely watch the anime, but I can give you some recommendations:

The Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case is probably the most famous case for decapitation. The culprit chopped off other parts of her body too.

The Art Museum Owner Murder Case looks kind of bloody, and they didn't censor it.

I remember the Alpine Hut in the Snowy Mountain Murder Case has a very painful death.

Recently there was this guy that got shot through his mouth, too bad the anime staff censored it so it didn't look that bloody: Detectives' Nocturne

How about the Episode 1?

Why did ai say that the drug was something that shouldn't be made? (chapter 821)

The answer has not been revealed yet. Maybe the reason is the same as Itakura's when he said he shouldn't continue that mysterious program he was writing for the sake of humanity?

Well, If I may ask:

Can somebody tell me about drugs in Detective Conan

Do you mean the imaginary drugs Shiho and the Black Org are making, real medicine-type drugs (eg Glyceryl trinitrate), or real recreational drugs (eg. marijuana)?

Real recreational drugs (I have found them in special manga, but can someone tell me about the drugs in anime or manga)

Most of the time they are just a macguffin related to the motive, like someone caught someone else smuggling drugs so the smuggler killed them, like in the Moonlight Sonata Murder Case. The only time I remember drugs actually being important to the plot of a case is The Gathering of the Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid where smoking marijuana somehow inspired all the attendees to violently massacre each other. That's not a very realistic depiction of how people behave under the effects of marijuana, but I have heard that on average Japanese are not very informed about the real level of danger. The social blowback and legal penalties are very harsh for possession which reinforces this perception. (Wikipedia says possession of any amount, as little as 0.1 g, is punishable by jail sentence for up to 5 years and/or a fine of up to 30,000,000 yen (USD 344,790). Moreover, the defendant has to stay in police custody for at least a few weeks until a court decision is made.)

Edit: forgot about The 3 "K"s of Osaka Case. Ray Curtis had been taking heroin and marijuana I think. Conan said his "famous" line "Even if you are facing a bitter aspect of life, drugs and murder are foul without an excuse. Deserve a red card, for a loser." Personally I think equating murder and drug use cheapens the foulness of murder, but this line does give you an idea of what good, law abiding Japanese are supposed to think about drugs, if you think of Conan as a model upstanding citizen.

Alright, I want to know about the 'saddest' case in DC

Maybe this thread can help you, it's from the opinion of many people: http://www.detective...s-made-you-cry/ (BUT BEWARE, YOU MAY BE SPOILED WHEN READING THAT TOPIC)

In my personal opinion, DC is not something that can make you feel sad easily. The Karaoke Box Murder Case (although the motive on the other hand is....), Cactus's Flower Murder Case (AO), Sweetheart is an Illusion of Spring (AO) were probably top of the saddest cases that I've known of. If you want something that involves the romantic relationship of the main characters, then The Desperate Revival or The Truth Behind Valentine's may be some good choices. But again, this whole thing is only my own person opinion.

Well, I've been browsing about DC and accidentally found this, but I am not so sure if this has any relevancy or something. I just find it bothers me.

I can recall there is a speculation about the name Okiya Subaru being taken from the name Casval (ki ya su ba ru) from Gundam. And I just read this: "According to the English-language Case Closed Volume 1: The Secret Life of Jimmy Kudo, Gin's real name is "Kaspar" and Vodka's real name is "Melkior". In the English manga, these are explained as specific brands of the relevant drinks." (source)

About Gin's real name being Kaspar, it sounds even much more similar to Casval if compared to Okiya Subaru. Well, I find it bothers me but I am not so sure though..

Well, I've been browsing about DC and accidentally found this, but I am not so sure if this has any relevancy or something. I just find it bothers me.

I can recall there is a speculation about the name Okiya Subaru being taken from the name Casval (ki ya su ba ru) from Gundam. And I just read this: "According to the English-language Case Closed Volume 1: The Secret Life of Jimmy Kudo, Gin's real name is "Kaspar" and Vodka's real name is "Melkior". In the English manga, these are explained as specific brands of the relevant drinks." (source)

About Gin's real name being Kaspar, it sounds even much more similar to Casval if compared to Okiya Subaru. Well, I find it bothers me but I am not so sure though..

Actually, Gin's English name is "Melkior" and Vodka's is "Kaspar". You can browse our own Wiki for more information:

http://www.detective...ld.com/wiki/Gin

http://www.detective....com/wiki/Vodka

However, these names are only come up with in the English/American translation of the manga ("Case Closed"). They don't exist at all in any other version, especially in the original Japanese, where Gin stays as "Gin" and Vodka stays as "Vodka" from when Conan first learned their code-names in Volume 4 until now (while nothing about them is revealed in Volume 1). We never actually know what Gin's and Vodka's real names are, and it's not like Aoyama Gosho would reveal that to us either. The translators of the English manga also changed their names back to "Gin" and "Vodka" in later volumes to match with the original.

So as for the conclusion, the names "Melkior" (Gin) and "Kaspar" (Vodka) never actually existed in the first place and not their real names, so you shouldn't be bothered by those.

I hope that helps :)