Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Panty shot is only in the manga, right? In Anime are censored

Especially in episode 268, Ran is wearing a short while in the "manga" is wearing a skirt.

Sera know Conan are Shinichi ?

I'm lost. :unsure:

Yes, Masumi knows Conan is Shinichi and it seems she knew his identity already during her introduction case. Based on the evidence from the manga, it seems Masumi met Shinichi when both she and he were young. Ran was there too because she has memories of Masumi running away from her and the sound of water.
  • Upvote 1

Guys, does Gin know what the drug does when it's taken? I don't think he does, because back in episode 311 when Conan was hiding in a locker room Gin was trying to find him by opening every locker room, however he stopped and said: "I don't think an adult will fit here". This leads to two speculations either Gin does't know what the drug does or he doesn't suspect that they're being investigated by a child, what do you think?

Yes, Lets make it clear.

The drug intended purpose was unknown. (The developer, Haibara, never say what it meant to do)

The drug most common effect is killing. Mean 9999 of 10000 people who consume this drug will die.

The drug side effect is make you a child, This happen to Conan and Haibara. In both case, the drug is meant to kill. Gin feed the drug to kills Shinichi. Shiho Miyano consume it to commit suicide. They turn out to be Conan and Haibara, respectively

Are you sure about that?

Gin probably would have killed Conan for real if he knew he was in there because has no reason to hold back against Conan. I think the point of the scene was to showcase the limits of Gin's logic so the viewer knows what his weaknesses are. Gin is smart and savvy, but he is conventional. Gin is not an out-of-the-box type thinker who will say to himself "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". His instinct was right in the locker room, but then his brain kicked in; he told himself he was being silly because the truth he was groping for --the enemy was not an adult and could fit in the locker-- was too out of range for him.

The drug most common effect is killing. Mean 9999 of 10000 people who consume this drug will die.

Which is kind of silly when we consider the current plot-important shrunken children. :P

in manga, chapter 704, why did conan helped scar akai escape if he knows Subaru is Akai. Because many people say that the reason why Conan let Subaru live in his house because he knows he is Akai in the first place. I still don't get it.

1. Conan is not the type who let anyone die.Even a BO.

2. Someone getting sniped outside can lead to someone get hit by stray bullets

3. Conan could think Okiya decide to appear as Akai for some reason, like meeting with a contact. Conan didn't know that Okiya was there (yet), so he can't be sure.

Dig up years old conversation, for my own amusement.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User_talk:Chekhov_MacGuffin/Archive_2#Is_Okiya_a_Rival_to_Scar_meaning_Scar_is_Not_BO_but_likely_FBI

Spoiler for length, and for it out-of-topic-ness.

Okiya already figured out why Conan acted to keep scar Akai from being shot; Conan wanted to keep everyone safe without knowing the full situation. Also Conan is the type that wouldn't want to let anyone die, even a murderer or a member of the BO, and I think Okiya can appreciate that viewpoint.

Even if you go by the theory that Scar Akai is Bourbon and Okiya is Akai, it could be that Akai views Bourbon more as a "rival enemy" rather than a "mortal enemy" like Gin. We know that Bourbon hates Akai, but Akai might not view Bourbon with the same amount of hate. Chekhov MacGuffin 19:14, 3 January 2011 (UTC)

I think by the time Conan "called" customers back in. He did not know Okiya was there. He assume Scar Akai is real Akai so he try to save him. -User 4869

I don't think Conan was sure who scar Akai was at the time. His "Could it..." "Could it be..." may be followed up by "Bourbon?" or "Vermouth?" because I'm sure, following the bank heist, Conan thinks it doesn't make sense that Akai was out of disguise in public and would happen to appear at a place where the FBI were. (Remember Conan knows Okiya is Akai) After the bank heist, Conan is probably leaning towards the real Akai not being a fool and that someone was impersonating him for some reason, probably a member of the Org. Conan's only info comes from the DB, so he might think scar Akai could be Vermouth who might act to save him from the bank robber.

Back at the dept store, when Jodie grabbed him, Conan had a really nervous expression, but it changed when Jodie mentioned the coaster with the warning Akai's writing on it. I think Conan becomes confused because leaving a warning like that is something the real Akai might do, so he decides to protect whoever this scar Akai is now and figure it out later. Luckily Okiya steps in and clarifies things for Conan with his "I know that person from a long time ago" quote. Chekhov MacGuffin 17:17, 6 January 2011 (UTC)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

On an unrelated note. I want to know how we defied airing season in Conan. Most animes season are 3 or 6 months. Conan airing non stop and should be note as 1 season. I understand that clusters are need for easy reading. But do we have a criteria somewhere?

Time to bump, sorry.

On an unrelated note. I want to know how we defied airing season in Conan. Most animes season are 3 or 6 months. Conan airing non stop and should be note as 1 season. I understand that clusters are need for easy reading. But do we have a criteria somewhere?

Some of you might have miss my question (rather that cannot answer) because I edit it after I answer for a while. So I'll ask again
What do we use to determine seasons in DC. I suddenly got an idea that its about DVD release? But I ask to be sure.

question about camel. Why did he say that he was called by his wife when he was introduced then when he volunteered to drive kir, he said he doesnt have a family to who will mourn for him. if he's a BO member(which the author clued from the start) then it makes sense. but if he's FBI, it doesnt

@darknight10:

It was just a slip of the tongue. Camel is depicted as a typical incautious side-kick character who often unintentionally makes mistakes with his words and actions, as proven with the FBI's failed ambush for Gin ages ago, and a certain recent event that I won't elaborate in detail to avoid spoiling.

Time to bump, sorry.

Some of you might have miss my question (rather that cannot answer) because I edit it after I answer for a while. So I'll ask again
What do we use to determine seasons in DC. I suddenly got an idea that its about DVD release? But I ask to be sure.

There is no official season in DC. On the Wiki, we separate seasons basing on the Japanese DVD releases, DVD Part 1 = Season 1 and so on (it can only be approximate because the episode order in the DVDs is not entirely the same as the TV airing order, in order to avoid placing 2 halves of one two-episode-case in separate disks). I'm not really sure myself what to do when the corresponding DVD parts are not yet (fully) released, but from what I understand, the seasons are determined by year in this particular case.

• Upvote 1

@darknight10

A more direct answer is Camel is talking to Akai, and don't want to reveal that to Jodie because Akai want to keep the plan secret. So he lie, and make us think he's a BO in the process.

@The Black Demon

How many episodes a DVD can hold 2, 6 ?. Or we talking about a box set of DVD here?

Before some days ago I watched DC episode 317, and I got to say that I don't understand this Anime anymore or if they did it on purpose, In that episode it seems like Conan doesn't care if his identity gets exposed, like seriously shooting his stun gun facing  Muri's face? and talking in Muri's voice facing the inspectors? that was really stupid of him/them or whatever.

Quick, easy question.  I'm considering diving into this series so I'll pretty much never have a moment with nothing to watch.  I grasp that this is one of those rare anime series that is legitimately episodic, which I normally avoid, but I can make exceptions.  But two episodes in, I have spotted something that may be a bit of a dealbreaker.

How long is the thing with Conan letting what's-his-face take all the credit going to last, exactly?  Because frankly it really kills it for me. :P