Karaoke Box Murder Case
|Title:||Karaoke Box Murder Case|
|Japanese Title:|| カラオケボックス殺人事件 |
(Karaoke Bokkusu Satsujin Jiken)
|Original airdate:|| December 16, 1996 |
October 22, 2011 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||Volume 5: Files 6-9 (045-048)|
|English Title:||Karaoke Killing|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 43|
|English airdate:||August 4, 2004|
|Cast:|| Conan Edogawa |
|Suspects:||Mieko Shibazaki, Katsumi Yamada, Mari Terahara, and Go Sumii|
|Case solved by:||Shinichi Kudo (via Conan on intercom)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||The Night Baron|
|Technical Director:||Masato Sato|
|Animation Director:||Akio Kawamura|
|Opening song:||Feel Your Heart|
|Closing song:||Meikyū no Lovers|
|Prev episode:||« Victory Flag Tearing Case|
|Next episode:||Conan Edogawa Kidnapping Case »|
|List of episodes|
When Sonoko's dad uses his connections, Ran and Sonoko find themselves in a Karaoke Bar having lunch with the hottest band in the land! It seems like a dream come true until the lead singer, Tatsuya Kimura is poisoned right in front of their eyes. The brash super-star had plenty of enemies, but which of them hated him enough to commit murder? It's up to Conan to find out!
 Manga to anime changes
- This episode takes place right after Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case, with Ran bringing up Sonoko's deduction of the case. Conan is worried as his cover might be blown, only for Sonoko to accept the credit for solving the murder. The scene as a whole was used at the end of the Mountain Villa Bandaged Murder Case episode.
- The manga reveals that Tatsuya was rude to his band, because he didn't want them to miss him after he left.
- The anime ends with Ran receiving her present, whereas the manga ends with her trying to find Shinichi (while Conan is shown, nervously hiding). The scene as it appeared in the anime was used for the ending of the Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case.
 Remastered version
On October 22, 2011, a remastered version of the case was aired.
- Despite his face not being shown on-screen, this marks the first time Detective Takagi is listed in the ending credits. He's the inspector that brings the box of Tatsuya's items to Inspector Megure.
 Dub changes
- The names of the characters in the Funimation Dub are:
- Mieko Shibazaki - Amber Ling
- Katsumi Yamada - Sledge
- Tatsuya Kimura - Justin Moon
- Mari Terahara - Mazy Mitchel
- Go Sumii - Georgie
 See also
|Episodes of Season 2|
|Episode 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34 • 35 • 36 • 37 • 38 • 39 • 40 • 41 • 42 • 43 • 44 • 45 • 46 • 47 • 48 • 49 • 50 • 51 • 52 • 53 • 54|