Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

The Delete Button

Creation of the Delete Button  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a delete button at the bottom of our posts?

Hi, I've been here for a while and have had a couple of problems with double posting, which I'm sure other members have also experienced as well. People will accidentally click the post button twice, or something like that, and there'll end up being two of the same posts. We need a delete button so that we can delete our double posts since they're useless and cause some dispute between members. It's also useful if we said something wrong and don't know what to do with our post.

Of course, the delete button would only be for your own posts, nobody else's. It would be up to you whether or not you deleted the post (unless the mods or Maurice decided it wasn't appropriate). I say that we get a delete button at the bottom of our posts so we won't be stuck in a situation where we've made a mistake and can't correct it.

So, what do you think?

• Upvote 1

No. It would be horrible if people could delete their own posts (results of: Cheating, etc.). When I conquered that problem, I just go to one of the mods and ask them to remove it for me ;-) (you can do the same).

I didn't realize that normal members didn't have a delete post option in the lower right corner. Now I feel bad for leaving blue messages telling people not to double post if they hit the post button on accident. If that happened to you, I apologize.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realize that normal members didn't have a delete post option in the lower right corner. Now I feel bad for leaving blue messages telling people not to double post if they hit the post button on accident. If that happened to you, I apologize.

In DCTP, each member have it (delete button in the lower right of their posts). So it's no surprise that you mistook :-D

No. It would be horrible if people could delete their own posts (results of: Cheating, etc.). When I conquered that problem, I just go to one of the mods and ask them to remove it for me ;-) (you can do the same).

Hmm...that's true, but it would be rather frustrating for the mods to have to delete every single one of our double posts, wouldn't it? After all, most people don't want their inboxes full of people begging for them to do something. It'd get annoying, which is why we might not want them to help us manage it. Furthermore, some members don't know that.

Perhaps some way to use it when creating topics? Like, having a box where you can check if you want to disable deleting posts or something like that when you're creating the topic.

Thanks for your opinion!

i think there should be a delete button (only we can delete our posts) which will be very helpful and if MODS have it why not we ????

Hi, I've been here for a while and have had a couple of problems with double posting, which I'm sure other members have also experienced as well. People will accidentally click the post button twice, or something like that, and there'll end up being two of the same posts. We need a delete button so that we can delete our double posts since they're useless and cause some dispute between members. It's also useful if we said something wrong and don't know what to do with our post.

Of course, the delete button would only be for your own posts, nobody else's. It would be up to you whether or not you deleted the post (unless the mods or Maurice decided it wasn't appropriate). I say that we get a delete button at the bottom of our posts so we won't be stuck in a situation where we've made a mistake and can't correct it.

So, what do you think?

Well what about the post count? when the post is deleted... The post count should be decreased

I think people should do what every other forum does... Have users EDIT their double post saying "Sorry, double post." and occasionally "Mods please delete."

Every forum I have ever been on did it this way and it works pretty well.

I'm a little iffy about this [ that's why I voted for undecided]. I know the delete button would be really helpful for accidental double-posting, but what if someone were to say something that could get them banned, but they simply delete the post so a mod wouldn't see it?

I'm a little iffy about this [ that's why I voted for undecided]. I know the delete button would be really helpful for accidental double-posting, but what if someone were to say something that could get them banned, but they simply delete the post so a mod wouldn't see it?

Not a problem, I'll bet. The deleted post would still be in the forum logs for the staff to see, I think.

So, what do you think?

YES. This needs to be done; a couple days ago, I accidentally made a quadruple post. It was very annoying...sad.gif

Well, we have the "EDIT" button too you know, it would be similar to, if they simply edit the post so a mod wouldn't see it. >__<

Anyways... I think this "DELETE" button is useful. DCW keeps lagging for no apparent reason sometimes and I end up double posting too...

I think people should do what every other forum does... Have users EDIT their double post saying "Sorry, double post." and occasionally "Mods please delete."

Every forum I have ever been on did it this way and it works pretty well.

Problem is, I'm afraid that might get annoying for the mods over time. Some people have a lot of double posts and it would take a while to get rid of them. Not to mention, not all people will remember to tell the mods or think of it (especially newcomers).

Problem is, I'm afraid that might get annoying for the mods over time. Some people have a lot of double posts and it would take a while to get rid of them. Not to mention, not all people will remember to tell the mods or think of it (especially newcomers).

Believe me, there are far more annoying things we have to deal with here than having to delete a duplicated post or two every single day.

As for why nothing has been implemented yet, that's Maurice's decision.