The Man from Chicago
|Title:||The Man from Chicago|
|Japanese title:||シカゴから来た男 |
(Shikago Kara Kita Otoko)
|Original airdate:||November 19, 2001 (Part 1) |
November 26, 2001 (Part 2)
April 5, 2014 (Part 1) (Remastered version)
April 12, 2014 (Part 2) (Remastered version)
|Broadcast rating:||19.30% |
|Remastered rating:||9.2% |
|Manga source:||Volume 32: Files 8-10 (325-327)|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Conan Edogawa|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Strap (Part 1) |
P and A (Part 2)
James Black (Part 1) (Remastered version)
Man with long hair (Part 2) (Remastered version)
|Episode director:||258 Hideaki Oniwa |
259 Kazuo Nogami
|Animation director:||258 Keiichi Ishida |
259 Izumi Shimura
|Closing song:||Aoi Aoi Kono Hoshi ni|
|Prev episode:||« The Mysterious Punishment From Heaven|
|Next episode:||The Shaking Restaurant »|
|List of episodes|
The Detective Boys attend an animal show starring a white lion named Leon. Outside, a man named James Black, is mistaken by reporters for Randy Hawk, a rich man who sponsors zoos and animal shows. The Detective Boys lead him out of the crowd of reporters by pretending he is their English teacher after Conan realizes that his accent is British by the way James says "can." Professor Agasa reveals that Randy Hawk has a Southern accent. In return for their help, James offers to treat them to lunch and leaves to get his car only to be mistaken for Hawks and kidnapped for ransom.
Growing concerned, the Detective Boys search for James. Their investigation leads them to believe he was kidnapped. They find James' strap from the animal show in an alley way and discover blood on the letters P, &, A on the strap.
Ayumi notices that James Black still has her Detective Badge, allowing Conan to trace the signal and have Sato set up a road block intercepting the vehicle. The kidnappers manage to elude the road block since their vehicle is disguised as a police car.
Manga to anime changes
- The animal show is a bit longer in the anime with it starting of with a clown, bear, elephants and horses. Also, the manga starts with showing the exterior of the building, while the anime doesn't.
- The anime extends the scene where the kids going by as James Black is kidnapped as they observe the event.
- A remastered version of this case was aired on April 5, 2014 (Part 1) and April 12, 2014 (Part 2).
- James Black refers to Conan as "Cool Guy" which is what Vermouth called him. Unlike Jodie Saintemillion, she refers to Conan as "Cool Kid".
- This is the second time that Conan encounters Shuichi Akai after the bus hijacking case.
- The fake police car is a 1989 Nissan Skyline Keisatsu [R32].
- The six police cars that followed the fake police car are a 2001 Daihatsu Mira [L700S] (Yumi's car), a 1991 Toyota Crown [S140] (white & gray police cars), and two Nissan Skylines [R32].
- Although James Black does look different, however he does share a similar appearance to Edward Crowe, a freelance journalist, from The Locked Room in the Sky: Shinichi Kudo's First Case, and both are from England.
- This is the third case with 2 different opening songs: destiny and Winter Bells.
- This is also the case that James said that although he "was born in Holmes' London, he matured in Chicago, the windy city that Capone starred."
- Although in Boy Genta's Misfortune, Sato may have had the police stake out a building based on information from Conan, this is the first case that she is shown on a phone call with Conan, and begins organizing a road block with Yumi, based on Conan's word of a foreigner may have been kidnapped, even when Takagi was hesitant, since he is not positive yet, and has not figured out the code yet.
- This is the first time that Haibara sensed the black organization aura coming from Shuichi Akai or him since the The Mysterious Passenger case, although he only saw her from the back this time, in contrast to barely being able to see the girl covered entirely in a red coat.
|2||コナン組曲－Captured In Her Eyes||Konan Kumikyoku - Captured in Her Eyes||Conan Suite - Captured in Her Eyes||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|3||(Unreleased Sound Effect/BGM)|
|4||(Unreleased Sound Effect/BGM)|
|5||昼下がりの天使たち||Hirusagari no Tenshitachi||Early Afternoon Angels||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|6||小さな巨人||Chiisana Kyojin||A Small Great Person||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|7||新少年探偵団のテーマ||Shin Shōnen Tanteidan no Tēma||The New Detective Boys' Theme||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|8||のんびり気分||Nonbiri Kibun||Carefree Feeling||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|9||蘭のテーマ （摩天楼ヴァージョン）||Ran no Tēma (Mantenrō Vājon)||Ran's Theme (Skyscraper Version)||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|10||驚愕の真実||Kyōgaku no Shinjitsu||Surprising Truth||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|11||怪人包帯男２||Kaijin Hōtai Otoko 2||The Mysterious Bandaged Man 2||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|12||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|13||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|14||悪のテーマ （パート１）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 1)||Theme of Evil (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|15||トリック||Torikku||Trick||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|16||暗殺者のテーマ─忍び寄る魔手||Ansatsusha no Tēma - Shinobiyoru Mashu||Assassin's Theme - The Devil's Hand Approaches||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|17||青い青いこの地球に||Aoi Aoi Kono Hoshi ni||On This Blue, Blue Star||Aoi Aoi Kono Hoshi ni|
|1||Winter Bells||Winter Bells||Winter Bells||Winter Bells|
|2||謎解き （その２）||Nazotoki (Sono 2)||Riddle Solution (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|3||顛末（TENMATSU）||Tenmatsu (TENMATSU)||The Facts (TENMATSU)||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|4||犯人のアジト （いよいよver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Iyoiyo ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (More and More ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|5||黒い影─挑戦||Kuroi Kage - Chōsen||Black Shadow - Challenge||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|6||驚愕の真実||Kyōgaku no Shinjitsu||Surprising Truth||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|7||沈む夕陽||Shizumu Yūhi||Depressing Sunset||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|8||少年探偵団のテーマ （摩天楼ヴァージョン）||Shōnen Tanteidan no Tēma (Mantenrō Vājon)||The Detective Boys' Theme (Skyscraper Version)||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|9||忍び寄る危機||Shinobiyoru Kiki||Incoming Crisis||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|10||コナンのテーマ||Konan no Tēma||Conan's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|11||暗殺者のテーマ─忍び寄る魔手||Ansatsusha no Tēma - Shinobiyoru Mashu||Assassin's Theme - The Devil's Hand Approaches||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|12||驚愕の真実||Kyōgaku no Shinjitsu||Surprising Truth||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|13||青い青いこの地球に||Aoi Aoi Kono Hoshi ni||On This Blue, Blue Star||Aoi Aoi Kono Hoshi ni|
|14||古城のテーマ||Kojō no Tēma||The Old Castle's Theme||Detective Conan "The Last Wizard of the Century" Original Soundtrack|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 10|
|Episode 255 • 256 • 257 • 258 • 259 • 260 • 261 • 262 • 263 • 264 • 265 • 266 • 267 • 268 • 269 • 270 • 271 • 272 • 273 • 274 • 275 • 276 • 277 • 278 • 279 • 280 • 281 • 282 • 283 • 284 • 285|