Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case
|Title:||The Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case|
|Japanese title:||社長令嬢誘拐事件 |
(Shachō Reijō Yūkai Jiken)
|Original airdate:||January 15, 1996 |
April 11, 2009 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||Volume 1: Files 2-5 (002-005)|
|English title:||The Kidnapped Debutante|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 2|
|English airdate:||May 25, 2004|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Conan Edogawa |
|Next Conan's Hint:||Skyscraper |
Skyscraper (Remastered version)
|Episode director:||Toshiya Shinohara|
|Animation director:||Masatomo Sudo|
|Opening song:||Mune ga Dokidoki|
|Closing song:||STEP BY STEP|
|Prev episode:||« Roller Coaster Murder Case|
|Next episode:||An Idol's Locked Room Murder Case »|
|List of episodes|
The Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case resolves the situation left by the previous episode, and introduces the new status quo.
Shinichi realizes that the poison shrunk him, and after making it home, asks Professor Agasa for help. Agasa warns that to stay safely hidden from the men in black, Shinichi can tell no one else, even Ran - who coincidentally shows up, intending to check on Shinichi. Agasa convinces her to look after Shinichi, who tells her his name is Conan Edogawa. On the way to her house, Ran confides to Conan that she really likes Shinichi, but Conan's reply is interrupted by Ran's father rushing outside on the trail of a case. He brags that he's been hired to find a CEO's daughter, who was kidnapped by a "man in black". Conan sneaks along in case it is a lead, followed by Ran, who explains Conan's situation to Kogoro. Kogoro can't kick them out of a moving taxi, so simply orders them to stay out of the way.
According to the butler, Asao, CEO Tani's daughter Akiko was taken from the house's garden by a man in black, who escaped without alerting any of the guard dogs on the premises. The kidnapper demands that the CEO shut down his company for a while, as well as deliver a large ransom.
Episode Resolution: The New Status Quo
Manga to anime changes
- The younger Shinichi is in a medical center at Tropical Land whereas in the anime he runs off after being awoken by the police.
- In the manga, Tani immediately puts the vacation plans with Akiko on hold, much to the latter's disappointment before he change his mind. The anime leaves this scene out.
- Rather than showing Conan being introduced to his new class (with Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta as students), the manga version of the story ends with Conan reflecting on how he is incapable of fighting the bad guys in his younger form.
- The names of the characters in the Funimation Dub are:
- Tani - Mr. Tanner
- Akiko Tani - Michelle Tanner
- In the English Dub, Ran pointed out that Kogoro did not have a case, with him responding that he polished off a case (a case of beer), whereas in the Japanese Version, Ran states that his messy office is why Eri left him and why Kogoro hasn't had work with him responding that he's selective with his job. In the dub, Eri / Eva Kaden is not mentioned until the Coffee Shop Murder Case.
- In the English Dub, Conan blushes during Ran's hug because he was that close to her, whereas in the Japanese Version he blushed because he felt her chest.
On April 11, 2009, a remastered version of the case was aired.
- The manga version of this story marks the debut of Professor Agasa and Kogoro Mouri.
- This is the first episode that the victim is kidnapped.
|1||胸がドキドキ||Mune ga Dokidoki||The Pounding of My Heart||Mune ga Dokidoki|
|2||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|3||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|4||小さな巨人||Chiisana Kyojin||A Small Great Person||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|5||対決のテーマ||Taiketsu no Tēma||Showdown Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|6||蘭のテーマ（涙バージョン）||Ran no Tēma (Namida ver.)||Ran's Theme (Tearful ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|7||脅迫 （パート２）||Kyōhaku (Pāto 2)||Threat (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|8||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|9||悪のテーマ （パート２）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 2)||Theme of Evil (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|10||事件現場 （オリジナルver.）||Jiken Genba (Orijinaru ver.)||Scene of the Case (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|11||事件現場 （オリジナルver.）||Jiken Genba (Orijinaru ver.)||Scene of the Case (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|12||緊迫||Kinpaku||Tension||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|13||コナンのテーマ||Konan no Tēma||Conan's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|14||コナンのテーマ （予告）||Konan no Tēma (Yokoku)||Conan's Theme (Preview)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|15||事件発生！||Jiken Hassei!||A Case Springs Forth!||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|16||絶体絶命||Zettai Zetsumei||A Desperate Situation||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|17||名探偵コナン・メインテーマ||Meitantei Konan・Mein Tēma||Detective Conan Main Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|18||「名探偵コナン」メイン・テーマ （予告）||"Meitantei Konan" Mein・Tēma (Yokoku)||"Detective Conan" Main Theme (Preview)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|19||それいけコナン （哀愁ヴァージョン）||Soreike Konan (Aishū Vājon)||Let's Go Conan (Sorrow Version)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|20||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP|
|21||事件解決 （意気揚々ver.）||Jiken Kaiketsu (Ikiyōyō ver.)||Case Resolution (Triumphant ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 1|
|Episode 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28|