Detective Conan World
MeitanteiConan4869

Worst Movie

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite movie?

• Movie 1
    • Movie 2
    • Movie 3
    • Movie 4
    • Movie 5
    • Movie 6
    • Movie 7
    • Movie 8
    • Movie 9
    • Movie 10
    • Movie 11
    • Movie 12
    • Movie 13
    • Movie 14
    • Movie 15
    • Movie 16
    • Movie 17

yeah, i think M6 is very interesting.

but, when i regard the movie as DC work, i think it's so bad.

as a work of animes, i think it 's good! :)

i'm sorry if i make you mad.

Movie 6. It's too out-of-genre, not-Detective Conan for me to enjoy it. Come on, a sentient AI coded by an angry dispossessed child genius threatens to erase children's brains if they don't beat him in a game? - it's like a fanfiction or something. Early on in my Detective Conan career, I watched it because everyone was talking about how great it was. I temporarily stopped reading DC because I thought it meant the series was going to turn into something like it. Chekhov MacGuffin came very close to never existing because of Movie 6. Luckily I gave DC another chance.

I see nothing wrong with movie 6, the purpose of movies are to provide an enjoyable experience, movie 6 did it's job

Movies 11 and 14 were both horrid

• Upvote 1

That's my thing. The movies are meant to entertain. As long as I'm entertained then I'm fine.

10, 11, 13, and 14 all failed to entertain me. 14 gave me a headache and 11 was the biggest chore to sit through. 13 was a tremendous rip-off considering that they teased the only interesting scene in the trailer. I feel like they realized that 10 was gonna suck so they tried to compromise by adding a ton of characters.

yeah, i think M6 is very interesting.

but, when i regard the movie as DC work, i think it's so bad.

as a work of animes, i think it 's good! :)

i'm sorry if i make you mad.

Oh, no I'm not mad. Ah ha, don't worry, I'm not angered easily.

M-6 isn't my favorite movie (I'd have to say M-5 was my favorite), but I did enjoy it.

And I agree it was a strange concept, but I still enjoyed it.

DC movies were meant to entertain (as CC said). They weren't meant to be complicated mysteries that you're supposed to rip apart with deductions and theories. They were meant to watch in one sitting and get you excited.

And I think M-6 did that, so I don't consider it a bad movie at all.

Movie 11 had stupid criminals, and I dislike the political aspect and reset considered in 6.

However, my least favorit e would have to be 7, due to the fake looking graphics on the motorcycle chase and how the culprit looks completely different after they are recognized as the murderer. (He didn't look all evil before) However, the other aspects of the movies seemed satisfactory to me.

Movie 11 had stupid criminals, and I dislike the political aspect and reset considered in 6.

However, my least favorit e would have to be 7, due to the fake looking graphics on the motorcycle chase and how the culprit looks completely different after they are recognized as the murderer. (He didn't look all evil before) However, the other aspects of the movies seemed satisfactory to me.

Yeah, the uncovering of the criminal in M-7 made me go, "Wha-? Who's he again?"

I only sort of recognized him when they had flashbacks.

I don't really pick favorites or non-favorites, but I have to say that ''Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure'' was the worst. Essentially, they took an idea for an AO 1 hr special and stretched it out over two hours. In other words: it was boring. At least the others I can sit through more than once. If they'd used the overall idea for Movie 11 in an AO, people might have liked it more, as there wouldn't be so many boring filler scenes.

Feel free to disagree.

I don't really pick favorites or non-favorites, but I have to say that ''Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure'' was the worst. Essentially, they took an idea for an AO 1 hr special and stretched it out over two hours. In other words: it was boring. At least the others I can sit through more than once. If they'd used the overall idea for Movie 11 in an AO, people might have liked it more, as there wouldn't be so many boring filler scenes.

Feel free to disagree.

I agree with this. They basically did the same thing with movie 14 except they took an idea from a half an hour AO.

I've watched M-11 three times (don't ask) and I have to say, though it gets a hair better every time you watch, it's still my least favorite. M-14, which is my second least favorite movie, might fall below it only because of this one reason: the more I watch M-11, the more I appreciate it, but the more I watch M-14, the more I dislike it. If I watch both movies more and more, M-14 will strangely become even worse than M-11.

Here's my top ranks for worst movies based on whether or not I would watch it again.

#5. Movie 7: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital -- I neither love nor dislike this movie. I'm a Heiji fan (if you hadn't guessed yet), so I mainly watched it for that reason. I only thought the last 30 minutes was great, everything else was a little draggy (I don't even remember what happened in the middle besides the fact that someone's after Heiji and they kidnap Kazuha). Maybe I would like it more if I watched it a second time.

#4. Movie 13: The Raven Chaser -- Don't get me wrong, I like it when the Black Organization appears, but I got nothing out of their appearance when it came to the plot. It was like they were "forced into" the plot, just to make the movie seem more exciting. A new BO member comes along, finds out Shinichi's identity, then dies in the end. His appearance was unnecessary and led to nowhere. However, the action was amazing! It was just the storyline that confused me.

#3. Movie 9: Strategy Above the Depths -- Titanic much??? The movie was pretty mediocre to me, although I found it amazing that Kogoro actually solved this case on his own. I found it cheesy when Conan "had a sense that something is still wrong", which he later realizes that Ran might still be on the boat (how did he figure that out without someone actually telling him?!) "T'was his heart that told him." Talk about cheesy...

#2. Movie 12: Full Score of Fear -- I thought this one was too BORING. I mean the plot progression was kinda slow and there was nothing in particular that stood out to me. The only thing I liked about this movie was the team-up between Reika and Conan. Overall, there wasn't enough action for me and if I ever watch it again, I would become easily distracted from the movie.

#1. Movie 11: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure -- Do I need to say much? The movie was slow, the plot was boring, and the action failed to entertain me. It was a little cool when Ran and Sonoko fought those treasure hunters, but the "climax" (when the ship was about to hit the roof of the cave) wasn't suspenseful at all, let alone entertaining. I'm yawning just thinking about watching the movie for a second time... This is the WORST DC MOVIE ever made.

By the way, I don't understand why people don't like Movie 14. I wouldn't say it's the best movie but it's definitely not one of the worst. It was entertaining to me because of the Conan and Kaitou Kid team-up and because of the dramatic irony (that Ran thinks that Shinichi was Kaitou Kid all along!). I also liked the "mystery" aspect of it: Who on the ship is part of the Red Siamese Cats? What is their purpose? Why did they use killer bacteria in the first place? Was it a bluff? Though I do admit that the scene with the blimp and the bridge was kinda lame. But the ending was hilarious when Kaitou Kid was trying to kiss Ran and Conan was so jealous. :P Overall, I'd say it is one of my Top 5 favorite DC movies. I liked it even more when I watched it a second time.

That bad?

There's a reason why it has the reputation that it does.

I'm someone who has to watch EVERY single Conan-related thing ever aired or released or anything, but if I had known that it was gonna be that much of an insult to my intelligence, I wouldn't have even bothered.

There's a reason why it has the reputation that it does.

I'm someone who has to watch EVERY single Conan-related thing ever aired or released or anything, but if I had known that it was gonna be that much of an insult to my intelligence, I wouldn't have even bothered.

I guess it is that bad... wow.

I guess it is that bad... wow.

You'll never truly understand until you watch it. Try watching the whole thing, with full attention, and tell us all how it goes. Then you can be on the same boat as all of us. :)

You'll never truly understand until you watch it. Try watching the whole thing, with full attention, and tell us all how it goes. Then you can be on the same boat as all of us. :)

I'll go do that... be back in the morning!

I haven't seen M-11 in a while, but I do remember it being horrible on multiple levels. What probably bothered me the most was the Indiana Jones-esque plot line with no intent on showing us any mystery. The villains were laughable, the premise was a joke, and there was no mystery (which is bad for a mystery show).

It is my #1 hated movie.

To answer AJ M I'll explain why I personally hated Movie 14.

Lets start...

We have this terrorist organization who steals a bacteria that is lethal (macguffin, please see previous post of mine explaining what this is, as I'll explain at the end of this why macguffins are not the best plot devices). They have two PARALLEL plot lines (which branches into 3 by the end for no apparent reason). You have the terrorist group and Kid. They aren't even working in sync. I am fairly certain Kid was there for 2 reasons

1) to save conan and 2) so that there would be traps to help conan

. Aside from those and the natural running joke of the anime team of Shinichi looking like Kid he had absolutely no purpose and added nothing valuable to the overall plot. I'd go as far as to say it was an insult to include him at all, because it could have been done without him. Ok, so now we have a bacteria that is "killing" everyone (who btw shouldn't have been targeted by a terrorist organization in the first place. If you wanted to kill everyone in Tokyo use the tried and true method of using the transit system. (look up the tokyo sarin gas incident))

Now when that turned out to be a PLOY for ANOTHER crime and introducing NEW villains, and making it SEEM that the entire plot was one mystery when it was really another, is just insulting. If you are going to make a mystery, your first job is to make it believable, and to commit crimes that would make you TERRORISTS, for something as simple as THIEVERY, you have gone too far, and that is insulting to my intelligence and anyone else who is smart enough to see that making yourself into a terrorist group and having an entire city evacuated just to steal some artifacts would end EXTREMELY badly is NOT cool. That is setting yourself up for the DEATH sentence almost anywhere, or at the very least LIFE IMPRISONMENT WITHOUT PAROLE!

Wow... that became longer than I expected...

Now why macguffins are bad without proper experience or skill to utilize. Basically a macguffin is a plot tool to move the plot forward, and it serves no other purpose. Now, in the hands of a skilled director or writer this means that the story will be either extremely interesting or at least engaging. So at the end of the movie you'll be content with the adventure or the story told as is... Hell unless they reintroduce the macguffin you'll likely not remember nor will you care. Sometimes it is even used in comedy like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Many action movies use macguffins but the action is good and the plot is usually consistent. However you don't CHANGE the identity of the macguffin at the end. That is supposed to be the driving force. If the macguffin is a threat, then making it not a threat REMOVES IMPACT, and defeats the purpose of it.

Really the more I think about it... the closer M14 comes to being my #1 most hated movie. Right now in the running are M10, M11 (obviously) M13 and M14. M11 and M14 seem like the two best choices.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, I put movie 11 above movie 14, simply because movie 11 at least had a murder, and a kinda cool one at that, while movie 14 was just worthless

I haven't seen M-11 in a while, but I do remember it being horrible on multiple levels. What probably bothered me the most was the Indiana Jones-esque plot line with no intent on showing us any mystery. The villains were laughable, the premise was a joke, and there was no mystery (which is bad for a mystery show).

It is my #1 hated movie.

To answer AJ M I'll explain why I personally hated Movie 14.

Lets start...

We have this terrorist organization who steals a bacteria that is lethal (macguffin, please see previous post of mine explaining what this is, as I'll explain at the end of this why macguffins are not the best plot devices). They have two PARALLEL plot lines (which branches into 3 by the end for no apparent reason). You have the terrorist group and Kid. They aren't even working in sync. I am fairly certain Kid was there for 2 reasons

1) to save conan and 2) so that there would be traps to help conan

. Aside from those and the natural running joke of the anime team of Shinichi looking like Kid he had absolutely no purpose and added nothing valuable to the overall plot. I'd go as far as to say it was an insult to include him at all, because it could have been done without him. Ok, so now we have a bacteria that is "killing" everyone (who btw shouldn't have been targeted by a terrorist organization in the first place. If you wanted to kill everyone in Tokyo use the tried and true method of using the transit system. (look up the tokyo sarin gas incident))

Now when that turned out to be a PLOY for ANOTHER crime and introducing NEW villains, and making it SEEM that the entire plot was one mystery when it was really another, is just insulting. If you are going to make a mystery, your first job is to make it believable, and to commit crimes that would make you TERRORISTS, for something as simple as THIEVERY, you have gone too far, and that is insulting to my intelligence and anyone else who is smart enough to see that making yourself into a terrorist group and having an entire city evacuated just to steal some artifacts would end EXTREMELY badly is NOT cool. That is setting yourself up for the DEATH sentence almost anywhere, or at the very least LIFE IMPRISONMENT WITHOUT PAROLE!

Wow... that became longer than I expected...

Now why macguffins are bad without proper experience or skill to utilize. Basically a macguffin is a plot tool to move the plot forward, and it serves no other purpose. Now, in the hands of a skilled director or writer this means that the story will be either extremely interesting or at least engaging. So at the end of the movie you'll be content with the adventure or the story told as is... Hell unless they reintroduce the macguffin you'll likely not remember nor will you care. Sometimes it is even used in comedy like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Many action movies use macguffins but the action is good and the plot is usually consistent. However you don't CHANGE the identity of the macguffin at the end. That is supposed to be the driving force. If the macguffin is a threat, then making it not a threat REMOVES IMPACT, and defeats the purpose of it.

Really the more I think about it... the closer M14 comes to being my #1 most hated movie. Right now in the running are M10, M11 (obviously) M13 and M14. M11 and M14 seem like the two best choices.

I appreciate you for stating your opinion, but...

There are some flaws (in my opinion) in your reasoning. First of all, how is it an insult to your intelligence if the terrorists came up with an INGENIOUS plan to steal treasurous statues with little to no chance of being caught?? Although what they did was "overboard", no one would have expected their true intentions were stealing these priceless buddha statues. Because this movie didn't have any murders cases in it, the movie became "different" and "unique" in its own way aside from what people would expect. I, for one, like "change" from the usual plotlines of murders. In this case, the whole plot revolved around this terrorist group that are bombarding this ship to scare the people of Osaka, in order to isolate potential disruptions from their true crime. If this movie REALLY was an insult to your intelligence, shouldn't the plot be more predictable and self-explanatory??? The plot in this movie is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE; its complexities and twists and revelations all serve the purpose of entertaining its watchers and leaving them asking questions 'til all of the puzzle pieces fall into place. And as for Kaitou Kid's appearance, it was all for entertainment. It's understandable why you believe he is unnecessary for the main plot, but at least he was essential in the aspects of helping Conan solve the mystery, I mean, I thought their partnership was exciting (we rarely see this in the Anime). And the directed audience for this movie are DC fans, who love to see how characters are convenient to the plot; characters such as Kaitou Kid and Hattori Heiji. If it was directed toward a random audience who have never seen DC at all, then of course they would question why these characters were even included in the movie. ONLY DC FANS LOVE KAITOU KID & HEIJI. And lastly, if you question why the terrorist group would go through all this trouble just to steal stupid statues, then it would be like questioning why murderers, robbers, and kidnappers in the Anime have complex tricks and complicated plans to commit crimes. It's all for the fun of solving intricate mysteries...

Wow, it felt like I had to write an essay for a debate class.