Detective Conan World
MeitanteiConan4869

Worst Movie

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite movie?

• Movie 1
    • Movie 2
    • Movie 3
    • Movie 4
    • Movie 5
    • Movie 6
    • Movie 7
    • Movie 8
    • Movie 9
    • Movie 10
    • Movie 11
    • Movie 12
    • Movie 13
    • Movie 14
    • Movie 15
    • Movie 16
    • Movie 17

I appreciate you for stating your opinion, but...

There are some flaws (in my opinion) in your reasoning. First of all, how is it an insult to your intelligence if the terrorists came up with an INGENIOUS plan to steal treasurous statues with little to no chance of being caught?? Although what they did was "overboard", no one would have expected their true intentions were stealing these priceless buddha statues. Because this movie didn't have any murders cases in it, the movie became "different" and "unique" in its own way aside from what people would expect. I, for one, like "change" from the usual plotlines of murders. In this case, the whole plot revolved around this terrorist group that are bombarding this ship to scare the people of Osaka, in order to isolate potential disruptions from their true crime. If this movie REALLY was an insult to your intelligence, shouldn't the plot be more predictable and self-explanatory??? The plot in this movie is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE; its complexities and twists and revelations all serve the purpose of entertaining its watchers and leaving them asking questions 'til all of the puzzle pieces fall into place. And as for Kaitou Kid's appearance, it was all for entertainment. It's understandable why you believe he is unnecessary for the main plot, but at least he was essential in the aspects of helping Conan solve the mystery, I mean, I thought their partnership was exciting (we rarely see this in the Anime). And the directed audience for this movie are DC fans, who love to see how characters are convenient to the plot; characters such as Kaitou Kid and Hattori Heiji. If it was directed toward a random audience who have never seen DC at all, then of course they would question why these characters were even included in the movie. ONLY DC FANS LOVE KAITOU KID & HEIJI. And lastly, if you question why the terrorist group would go through all this trouble just to steal stupid statues, then it would be like questioning why murderers, robbers, and kidnappers in the Anime have complex tricks and complicated plans to commit crimes. It's all for the fun of solving intricate mysteries...

Wow, it felt like I had to write an essay for a debate class.

Allow me to explain why there are actually no flaws in my logic... Bear with me, because I'm going to try to not be condescending or derogatory towards you or your explanation as to why I was wrong (doing so will be really difficult for me).

Alright...

1) They were never terrorists. Their goal was to never instill fear or destroy indiscriminately to cause wide spread panic. They borrowed the name and made a fake terrorist threat to clear out the city and steal priceless artifacts.

Why this is stupid/dumb and an insult to my intelligence as well as terrorist organizations:

Terrorists aim to instill fear for a reason. They had no reason other than monetary gain. And that was even a long shot. Why? Upon realizing these priceless artifacts were missing, they would have had checks at every airport to make sure that these LARGE PRICELESS statues were not leaving the country. Now assuming they are as intelligent as they seem to be in this, they would fence it themselves instead of hiring a fence and thus would have been caught quickly anyway. Finding a fence that would be willing to move such hard to move items out of the country in the first place, which would have been hard.

They stole the name of a former terrorist organization to pull this stunt. Now there are several problems with that... Probably the biggest would be if there were any sleeper cells and they found out. I'm pretty certain a terrorist organizational wouldn't appreciate their name used for such means.

And again, they were never terrorists, so instead of having two fairly tame charges (possession of lethal weapons and grand larceny) they decided it would be a better idea to add the following charges... Possession and use of incendiary devices, destruction of property, grand larceny, attempted mass murder, kidnapping, assaulting LEOs, hijacking, and any other terrorist charges they wanted to tack on. I'm sure I forgot a few. Now really... does that seem like a good idea? Go from 5-10 years in prison to life in prison if not the death penalty.

Next... The twist ending wasn't really a twist... a better twist would be if one of the passengers really were the terrorists and actually made a demand against the government and Conan had to fight that. Everyone KNEW that gosho wouldn't really do something like that... Kill Ran? Kogorou? Hell no! Once she got infected it was obvious. And again they could have removed the bacteria completely. Believe me when I tell you that planting bombs would have had the same effect.

As for Kid... fine, but treat his character with a LITTLE more respect. I mean, it was insulting the way they used him. They used him pretty much solely for fanservice. I'm sure there were other ways they could have used his character better.

Lastly... They could have made the entire mystery better by not using that macguffin because that made it INSANELY EASY! I'm not sure if everyone else felt the same way, but the instant main characters move into a position where they will be inevitably killed destroys the mystery imo. You know that it is a red herring and you know there is something else at play. They threw in the robbery plot last second but you knew that it would be something like that. It would have been better if Kid did something crazy and insane, and used that for the intricate mystery, because honestly it would have worked better.

And this movie wasn't any more unique than M8. Which didn't have terrorists. Either the terrorists were useless or Kid was useless. You never needed both and they both were distractions from the horrid plot set up.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't attack my analysis of the movie lest you have some evidence as to why I am wrong. Its the rules of debate. If you don't I'll just systematically take it apart to further prove I am right. The ball is in your court AJ M.

• Upvote 3

Honestly, I put movie 11 above movie 14, simply because movie 11 at least had a murder, and a kinda cool one at that, while movie 14 was just worthless

I'd have to agree with you on that one, especially after I re-watched both of them 3-4 times. Kaito Kid just pisses me off whenever he's involved with DC. M-11, after a few watches starts to grow on you, in my opinion at least. I don't know if anyone was crazy enough to watch it that many times, but I did. The more and more I watch M-14, on the other hand, the more and more I hate it. In other words, M-11 has now shifted above M-14, making M-14 my downright least favorite movie.

Allow me to explain why there are actually no flaws in my logic... Bear with me, because I'm going to try to not be condescending or derogatory towards you or your explanation as to why I was wrong (doing so will be really difficult for me).

Alright...

1) They were never terrorists. Their goal was to never instill fear or destroy indiscriminately to cause wide spread panic. They borrowed the name and made a fake terrorist threat to clear out the city and steal priceless artifacts.

Why this is stupid/dumb and an insult to my intelligence as well as terrorist organizations:

Terrorists aim to instill fear for a reason. They had no reason other than monetary gain. And that was even a long shot. Why? Upon realizing these priceless artifacts were missing, they would have had checks at every airport to make sure that these LARGE PRICELESS statues were not leaving the country. Now assuming they are as intelligent as they seem to be in this, they would fence it themselves instead of hiring a fence and thus would have been caught quickly anyway. Finding a fence that would be willing to move such hard to move items out of the country in the first place, which would have been hard.

They stole the name of a former terrorist organization to pull this stunt. Now there are several problems with that... Probably the biggest would be if there were any sleeper cells and they found out. I'm pretty certain a terrorist organizational wouldn't appreciate their name used for such means.

And again, they were never terrorists, so instead of having two fairly tame charges (possession of lethal weapons and grand larceny) they decided it would be a better idea to add the following charges... Possession and use of incendiary devices, destruction of property, grand larceny, attempted mass murder, kidnapping, assaulting LEOs, hijacking, and any other terrorist charges they wanted to tack on. I'm sure I forgot a few. Now really... does that seem like a good idea? Go from 5-10 years in prison to life in prison if not the death penalty.

Next... The twist ending wasn't really a twist... a better twist would be if one of the passengers really were the terrorists and actually made a demand against the government and Conan had to fight that. Everyone KNEW that gosho wouldn't really do something like that... Kill Ran? Kogorou? Hell no! Once she got infected it was obvious. And again they could have removed the bacteria completely. Believe me when I tell you that planting bombs would have had the same effect.

As for Kid... fine, but treat his character with a LITTLE more respect. I mean, it was insulting the way they used him. They used him pretty much solely for fanservice. I'm sure there were other ways they could have used his character better.

Lastly... They could have made the entire mystery better by not using that macguffin because that made it INSANELY EASY! I'm not sure if everyone else felt the same way, but the instant main characters move into a position where they will be inevitably killed destroys the mystery imo. You know that it is a red herring and you know there is something else at play. They threw in the robbery plot last second but you knew that it would be something like that. It would have been better if Kid did something crazy and insane, and used that for the intricate mystery, because honestly it would have worked better.

And this movie wasn't any more unique than M8. Which didn't have terrorists. Either the terrorists were useless or Kid was useless. You never needed both and they both were distractions from the horrid plot set up.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't attack my analysis of the movie lest you have some evidence as to why I am wrong. Its the rules of debate. If you don't I'll just systematically take it apart to further prove I am right. The ball is in your court AJ M.

You know what? I'll let it go. I'm going to keep it short and simple and say, everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether or not others are against them. Though you have thoroughly explained the flaws and absurdity of the film, it will not influence my view of the movie at all and vice versa. You have well proven your points (and I definitely mean WELL) and I have proven my points. So it was an interesting discussion, but this debate will lead to nowhere if we continue. I respect you in the aspects of thoroughly explaining your analysis of the movie and deliberately responding about the faults in my claims. In the end, I like Movie 14 and you dislike Movie 14; the deal is done.

mewmew... Gosho has NOTHING to do with any of the movies EVER!

I shall stand by my assessment that 9-11 were all horrible, getting worse and worse as they continued. 7 and 8 were bad but still enjoyable (relatively). I'm putting them on the list just to state why I didn't like it.

For those curious here are my reasoning for each movie and my hatred towards them.

7 - Simply put there was more talk about relationships than there was about the actual mystery. This would have been FINE if it was made by Gosho and was thus canon. Seeing as it wasn't it was tripe in my eyes. As I said though... It wasn't all bad, but I still didn't like it.

8 - Where was the mystery?! The actual mystery encompassed an entirety of about 30 minutes. The rest was action, and there was no mystery to whom Kaitou Kid was. This KILLED it for me. You want to make KK and Shinichi looking similar into a joke? Fine! But don't make it into a movie, it takes most of the fun out of KK's character! Use that in OVAs don't base movies off of it... Kid was enjoyable though in his character... But really it should have been done so much better....

9 - I actually would have enjoyed this more if it wasn't so contrived and forced. I did like how Kogorou out did Conan... But still the negatives out weigh the positives... Like Kogorou's motivation... Conan's epic failure... And all the contrivances that drove the plot (though they were far worse in 14, to be discussed later)

10- Again... ACTION MOVIE! There was no mystery! And what they passed off as a mystery was SO FORCED it was painful. Not to mention the fact that every character appearance felt forced in and of themselves. There was NO NEED to put EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER into this movie. There were better ways to celebrate the 10th anniversary of anime than to do it this way. Also, Kaitou Kid's appearance was wasted. Though at least that was done better than movie 8. Though still the fact that there was no mystery and a forced plot make it one of the worst movies in my opinion. Though the Movie theme was good (I do love the B'z)

11 - I honestly have no idea what to say... PIRATES?! REALLY???? Where was the mystery? THERE WAS NONE! It was a movie about friendships if anything, but that doesn't belong in a movie where a mystery is expected. This was a treasure hunt movie. And honestly Conan... you need to leave that to Indiana Jones! (Worst Movie Ever in detective conan at least)

13 - What was the point of... what was it...? Irish?! Irish is Bourbon that was killed! I mean really... They used a macguffin too! several.... the chip and Irish figuring out his identity... I'm really against MacGuffins... Especially when they lead ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE! Oh right and this had possibly the most ridiculous scene EVER! Conan destroying a helicopter like that? Ran dodging a bullet? ARG! I want to see alternative scenes where the characters die when they do stupid things like that!

14 - Where to begin... First off the entire plot was based off of a MacGuffin and wasn't really a mystery... They made it into a mystery which in and of itself was ridiculous. Know what? the only good thing I can really say about this movie is Conan's defenestration scene. He totally deserved it too!

I realize that I hate HALF of the movies... Wow... Btw, if I watched them recently I might be able to say more, but I refuse to watch them again.... Each of these movies were watched only once where as 3-6 were watched several times... 3-5 especially.

u should be more positive

u should be more positive

You expect me to be positive in a thread called the "worst movie"?

I'm plenty positive about things I like... The topic is about the movies we don't like... If it was the movies we liked it would be a different story altogether.

So what if I dislike half of the movies? That is my right as a viewer. Just because I like Detective Conan does not mean I have to like every single little thing about it, nor do I have to like anything that the Anime team puts out on their own. Hell, I don't even have to like everything Gosho puts out.

• Upvote 2

I'd say movie 11 was the worst! Movie 14 lacked a good murder case, it was too easy, but Kid is the reason why I still like movie 14, though there were some negatives in the movie. Kid was hilarious. And when That idiotic so called TERRORIST threw CONAN OUT OF THE WINDOW!! What was he thinking?? Throwing a kid out of the window like that??? That part was really insane according to me. But the way Kid swims mid air! I was laughing my lungs out! I just hope movie 15 is better, the case should be interesting.....

this thread is making me realize that kyuu is one of the greatest people in the world

Also, about movie 8, all they did is land a goddamn plane

I don't like Movie 11. It was a little boring and really confusing.

Boring? Yes. Confusing? Only if you watch it once. The second time and third time around clears things up a bit. It was at least better than M-14... I'd recommend rewatching M-11 over M-14, but that's just my opinion.

The movies directed by Kanetsugu Kodama were actually good, yeah many did not liked the graphics but the plots were good. It all went down hill when they changed the director to Yasuichiro Yamamoto. If any of his were good then they were M9,M10,M13 (to me at least) and they even sucked to some point

M8 was nothing special, no plot but the trick used to murder that woman was nice

M11 was boring

M12 was nah, the bombing was good

M14, when i saw like whos going to be in and a terrorist group i expected more, the movie was ridiculous.

The only Movie that was good was M13 that he made(directed) and thats only cause of the BO

You are aware that the director does not write the movie ?

All the movies except 3 were written by Kazunari Kochi. Movies 10 and 11 were written by Hiroshi Kashiwabara, who thankfully never came back again after, while movie 6 was written by Hisashi Nozawa, a famous japanese screen writer and novelist who unfortunately commited suicide in 2004.

You are aware that the director does not write the movie ?

All the movies except 3 were written by Kazunari Kochi. Movies 10 and 11 were written by Hiroshi Kashiwabara, who thankfully never came back again after, while movie 6 was written by Hisashi Nozawa, a famous japanese screen writer and novelist who unfortunately commited suicide in 2004.

oh thx for that,i just realized my mistake there

well it does not change my opinions about them anyway

still i think M11 and 14 were a waste of time

still M14 made a lot of money

Boring? Yes. Confusing? Only if you watch it once. The second time and third time around clears things up a bit. It was at least better than M-14... I'd recommend rewatching M-11 over M-14, but that's just my opinion.

My only issue with that is that it involves watching Movie 11 one or two more times. I think that's a good excuse to get yourself a one-way ticket to Bellevue, strait jacket and all.

Also, I nominate kyuu for poster of the year.

/it was a tight race between him and Wakarimashita.

My only issue with that is that it involves watching Movie 11 one or two more times. I think that's a good excuse to get yourself a one-way ticket to Bellevue, strait jacket and all.

Also, I nominate kyuu for poster of the year.

/it was a tight race between him and Wakarimashita.

That's a good point, but having to watch a movie multiple times to accept it is better than being able to hate a movie the more you watch it.

how could ppl hate movie 14 it wa sthe funniest movie of them all

Funny != good. Nor is it reason not to hate it. It wasn't even bad funny, it was just bad... To me there were more reasons to hate it than like it. Read my earlier posts to find out why <3

Namely: post 1 and post 2.

See when something is funny, I don't think it should be aggravating or anything... I do recall laughing twice and snickering maybe once. I laughed when Conan was defenestrated, and at the very end. I snickered when they were on the ground. That isn't really funny really.

Conan movies aren't really intended to be funny, or at least they shouldn't be. They should strive to be engaging and interesting. Its a detective show, the main goal should be to get you to think, not laugh. So either way it was a failure of a movie, even if it was funny (which it wasn't imo).

Also... why do people insist on defending movies in a thread that is intended to point out what the worst conan movie is? If a person doesn't like a movie, defending it won't change anything to that person... If you like a certain movie, great, there is a topic for that... two in fact... "Favorite movie" and "Vote your Favorite Movie." Talk about how great M14 is there, while the rest of us who didn't like it discuss why it is bad here. :)

• Upvote 2

Ok with Kyuu. It annoys me when people defend something only because it's 'funny'.

Movie 14 had the most crappy case of them all (if you can even call that a case) with worthless, overused and repetitive action scenes to gain some time and justify the ticket price. The fanservice was omnipresent to the point where it made me want to puke, and the few scenes that tried to be funny mostly failed because the jokes were lame and aimed at 5 year-olds (hahaha, Conan is tickling Kid's 'you know what', that's so hilarious...NOT !). The end of the story made no-sense whatsoever (god that blimp scene was terrble) and the final scene almost lead to facepalming becoming an olympic sport. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1